[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Capeshit is a valuable form of film-making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: Civil War 2.jpg (36KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Civil War 2.jpg
36KB, 600x400px
>Capeshit is a valuable form of film-making
>>
>>85027614

It is when 80 million millennials weren't taught Jordan Peterson level hero archetypes.
>>
File: Capeshit Marvel DC (3).jpg (413KB, 1860x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Capeshit Marvel DC (3).jpg
413KB, 1860x1400px
In an ideal world, comic book adaptations would be pushing the boundaries of audio-visual storytelling, offering a sense of style and playfulness unique to the medium. For all its juvenile flaws, the medium of handdrawn capeshit actually is its own artform and kept reinventing itself.

When you look at revered classics in cinema history, you see filmmakers with sensibilities that aren't that different from comic book artists. Filmmakers who understand the power of imaginative framing and editing, they played with depth, angles or colors schemes, experimented with montage techniques, sound design or lenses.

There's a reason why most of the formalist cinematic geniuses have taken inspirations from the comic books medium. Sergio Leone loved fumetti; Alain Resnais had the biggest comics collection of Europe in the 60's; Welles loved pulp comics and adapted The Shadow when he was still doing radio, Japanese new wave filmmakers adapted various manga and Seijun Suzuki even directed a Lupin III animated film, Fritz Lang embraced pulp serials and capeshit sensibility with characters like Dr. Mabuse...

French New Wave filmmakers got their film education at the Cinématheque, which was co-founded by George Franju, one of the earliest directors of capeshit (Judex and Nuits Rouges) and heir to Feuillade (Fantômas). Capeshit itself is rooted in cinematic tradition, with characters like the Joker being inspired by German Expressionist cinema (The Man Who Laughs), which someone like Burton understood when he in turn borrowed from and updated these aesthetics when he made his Batman films.

The clock tower ending of The Stranger was a device used many times in the early 1940s by Batman writer and co-creator Bill Finger. As Welles notes “(It was) pure Dick Tracy. I had to fight for it. Everybody felt, ‘Well, it’s bad taste and Orson’s going too far,’ but I wanted a straight comic-strip finish.”
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.