[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stars wars is actually a bad series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault (1).jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
18KB, 480x360px
can anyone else not stand the original trilogy?

Like, i recognize how bad the prequels are...but, idk, maybe because i was spoiled to the movies as a child i just find them boring as can be. I saw episode 7 in theaters and absolutely loved it, but I just watched episode 4, and basically had to play games in the background to keep myself awake.

At-least the prequels had some direction, and i loved hayden and obi from teh prequels. The originals just feel like they're made up as it goes along or something. Plus palpi was the best part of the series.
>>
>>85027010
>MUH SPECIAL EFFECTS

Star Wars is unironically the worst franchise that has pulled the most money
>>
>>85027010
Notice how no one is commenting on this because of how wrong you are. Hope this thread and your shit taste die in peace.
>>
File: image.png (333KB, 652x539px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
333KB, 652x539px
>I saw episode 7 in theaters and absolutely loved it, but I just watched episode 4, and basically had to play games in the background to keep myself awake.
>had to play games in the background to keep myself awake.
>>
>>85027010
>I saw episode 7 in theaters and absolutely loved it
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>85027010
You are the uber-pleb, OP.
>>
>>85027010
Awful.
You're just completely fucking awful.
Do yourself a favor and kill yourself.
>>
>>85029511
>>85029608
I never thought I'd agree so hard with someone offing themselves.
>>
>>85027010
no shit, star wars is still carried by empire to this day
>>
>>85029511
>>85029608
>>85029720
>>85028935
IM the uber-pleb? The movies are just garbage. Like, the way they cut from scene to scene, the action, and all of the actors felt like they were just there for the money instead of trying to give real performances. Im willing to bet your a bunch of old men, arn't you?
>>
>>85030478
This is bait.
>>
Your argument is shit but yes the SW movies are not good, probably the most overrated franchise ever made
>>
>>85027010
Don't trust anyone who will tell you this garbage is anything more than toys advertisement. The second movie didn't even have an ending to sell more tickets of the third one. Star Wars franchise has zero artistic merit.
>>
>>85030534
>opinion does't align with mine
>must be bait
at least post the cute image with the fist. Honestly, the only reason they're popular is the force and light sabers. The politics of the prequels were actually pretty entertaining, and the bond between anikan and his master was fun, and the final fight in episode 3 was amazing. The originals have no redeeming quality, they just blew up because nothing was competing with it.
>>
>>85030478
I'm 20 years old my dude. And not some nostalgia fag either. Those movies paved the way for modern sci-fi, in a way that effects almost everything you watch and consume in modern media.

And I know calling them boring is subjective, I get that. But not finding ANYTHING enjoyable about them is just insane. The subject matter they deal with in the originals is so much more mature and less tailored to children like the prequels were.

So saying that you enjoy the prequels makes me think you have the mind of a child who cant even sit through a mature subject matter and enjoy them for what they are. Therefor, you have taste akin to a child, and its a little hard to agree with that.
>>
>>85027010

I've watched the phantom menace more times than the original trilogy.
>>
>>85027010
The original trilogy is pretty dated but I still enjoy it
>>
File: 1491160293281.jpg (65KB, 500x413px) Image search: [Google]
1491160293281.jpg
65KB, 500x413px
>>85027010
>and absolutely loved it
These redundant patterns of speech are a good indication of ruts formed in the cognitive process where critical thinking is forgone and the acceptance and assimilation of information pours through without resistance. There is no reason to value a person's opinion as unique if they cannot articulate it with original language. Granted this isn't the worst example of this, not at all. Memesters hold that dubious honor.
>>
>>85030934
well im here to say, i didn't find anything enjoyable. Everything i saw in that movie has been done FAR better by someone else, that i saw first. I think this is just a case of some form of societal nostalgia. I won't even bother trying to argue with the accusation of "childish taste" since, thats just an opinion. And if i started naming shows like got and rick and morty to be my favorite, you'd just call me a memer anyways.

I just watch star wars for the fun, FAST PACED, jedi fights, cool force stuff (like when kylo stopped the lazer), and the dark side is fun.
>>
>>85031437
I get that, but honestly man there's a whole lot more to the prequels than you might initially think. Liking only the force stuff is just like saying "I only watch Rick and Morty for Ricks one liners." The amount of story filled content within the star wars universe is filling to the brim.
You might not like the original movies, but at least brush up on the expanded lore to maximize the amount you get out of every movie. If that's not your thing, whatever. But holy shit so many cool things happen in the story you aren't watching. Like, the actual story of Darth Plagueis the Wise is by far my favorite within the prequel trilogy.
>>
This looks significantly better than any space scenes I've seen since stuff like Starship Troopers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPZigWFyK2o
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.