[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fringe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: fringe.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fringe.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
Is it good?
>>
every season but the first and last is
>>
>>85020586
Yes it is.
>>
>>85021393
>no
correct, its not good, its fucking GREAT

we will never see effects or world building this great for a long time, fuck GOT
>>
>>85020586
Pretty good. Acting is mostly meh (with a couple exceptions) but after season 1 it changes from formulaic monster of the week to overarching plot and I ended up really enjoying it.
>>
It's excellent, basically a modern X-Files except the mytharc episodes were much better and actually went somewhere, and it even felt like it was planned..

>>85022262
>we will never see effects or world building this great for a long time
Person of Interest was even better
>>
>>85020586

>Is it good?

No, sadly not. It had potential, John Noble and Joshua Jackson made up for the rather weak acting by Torv, but the story just went nowhere, the best point of the series was when it was revealed that Walter stole Peter from the parallel universe when his son died, but then they just lost momentum (aka writing turned to shit) and the show became tedious.
>>
Poor man's X-Files. Watch that instead.
>>
>>85023411
>rather weak acting by Torv
Anna was great, Prime Olivia is just autistic, every other version of her gives her a chance to prove it.
>>
it's stargate without stargate and you know stars
>>
File: IMG_0588.png (612KB, 680x1120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0588.png
612KB, 680x1120px
>>85023411
Dubs of truth strikes again writing went down hill but was still good till they started merging worlds and stuff. The bearinstein bears are pissed.
>>
>>85024169
I'll never get this meme...
>>
>>85020586
Garbage for women and other people who hate science.
>>
>>85024251

>I've never seen it

fixed
>>
>>85024169
Those geography ones are retarded.

>NEW YORK CITY ISN'T THE CAPITAL OF NEW YORK?! BUT IT'S SO BIG!
>>
>>85022262 >>85021580 >>85020682
we need a Fringe movie
>>
>>85020586
Yes
Probably the last sci-fi/horror tv series that didnt take itself too serious or 2deep4u.
Like some anon said, it was an upgraded X-files but didnt go to shit and had a coherent (by sci-fy standards) mytharc that actually has a beggining and an end.
The last season was more of a gift to fans since the main story was over and they got renewed, in some ways its spinoff/sequel that might not been that good, but was enternaining

I miss shows like this
>>
File: billnye.jpg (142KB, 1024x707px) Image search: [Google]
billnye.jpg
142KB, 1024x707px
>>85024251
You must FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE man!
>>
>>85024766
>>85020586
basically this

It's well worth a watch. Every other spiritual successor to the xfiles is either too short, too bad or so long that it's impossible to watch
>>
>>85020586
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-YyEcIJzpI
>>
>>85020586
KINO
I
N
O
>>
>>85020682
One was fucking great though
>>
its often painfully mediocre, but has several stretches of greatness with amazing highs.

season 3 is pure kino, very much above the rest of the show.
>>
>>85027786
I think that guy was a poor troll, I've never seen a Fringe say any season except 4 was the worst, they just completely lost their way, and Goth Bell was a terrible idea.
>>
>>85023395
>Person of Interest was even better
Agreed but it's more "normal" plot, fringe was weird with and inventive with all the creations and science problems
>>
>>85028023
what? most people consider S1 to be the worst, most recommendations I read about Fringe always mentions how slow S1 is to get going.
>>
i wish the show got canceled when S4 ended. The finale was great, would have been fine to leave it at that. S5 was so fucking shit. Didn't even feel like Fringe. The showrunner swap showed.
>>
>>85028379
Season 5 was the best, how can you possibly dislike it?
>>
>>85028482
>Season 5 was the best
How fucking shit is your taste?
>>
>>85028482
Yeah who doesn't like cellphone ads with a storyline
>>
>>85028523
Didn't you notice it before then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8absVMRhxlA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4fY1_NSxF0

Season 5 had less of it seeing as the world was gone.

And how does that make the show bad?

>>85028512
How fucking shit is your taste?

Definitely shit trolls.
>>
s1 - the 2nd half is much more interesting than the first half, which is dull as fuck.

s2 - has some awful episodes but gets really interesting as it goes on.

s3 - pretty much perfect from start to finish

s4 - the lower budget is instantly noticable... sadly, its also just not nearly as interesting as the earlier seasons. The "reset" was basically pointless.

s5 - the even lower budget now stings like crazy. It limited the season so much, I honestly think they probably shouldn't have bothered either. I also hated how they de-mystified the observers, especially with how their abilities are just given by tech that Peter could just put in himself.... also, its wildly inconsistent how their powers work, it seemed far too fucking convenient that the writers could just buff/nerf the observers depending on the scene. Also, this season has basically completely cut back on even trying to have any resemblence of actual science.

The show was at its best when it was dealing with the two universes. Everything else just kinda fell flat. The monster of the week episodes were mostly bad.
>>
Show was good when it aired. Its not meant for binge watching.

Great story, good science on the "fringes" of whats possible.
Anna Torv was sweet, the Bishops and Spock were fantastic
>>
>>85029502
also fucking September having hair at the end was such a good gimmick
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.