[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so fucking boring?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: blade_runner_xlg.jpg (265KB, 998x1500px) Image search: [Google]
blade_runner_xlg.jpg
265KB, 998x1500px
Why is it so fucking boring?
>>
to make sure you know it's deep
>>
>>85014450
because you're a child. not liking something is okay, old movies from before i was born are boring as fuck. there's enough entertainment in the world for everyone, go to bed
>>
Why does he rape the android?
>>
desu I think you just need to be in the mood to watch it.

tried to attempt to watch it at least once each year for the past 12 or so years and always turned it off because I thought it was boring.

tried it again this year and actually finished it.....but loved it too.

has this ever happened to anyone?

I don't even know what made me want to watch it again this year
gave it another
>>
There are a lot of mundane scenes that aren't really exciting.
>>
>>85016456

You finally reached age 18
>>
>>85016479
27 bro. been trying to watch it since I was like 15.

come to think of it. I think that Sean Young interview where she goes on about the Jews had me intrigued about her work.

she was even pretty wacky in a Letterman interview
>>
Because it has a strong noir or pulp fiction narrative, meaning and thesis seem to not be the primary targets of this movie, it's the aesthetic style and mood that convey the message.

It's a slow drama portraying a dark futuristic society, with moral questions about the future of technology, and the very first mainstream presentation of a Dick novel put to film. The slow pacing helps create depth that truly sink into the watcher, a sense of alienation and loneliness are created that a tight pacing never could. The film is very silent, not just from its minimalist acting, but also the very limited information that we receive about the world that we move around. It adds a certain texture that creates a world that is truly inhabited by humans, living in a world of which we only catch a glimpse.
This confidence of an unexplained and unexplored world, leaves so much questions to be asked, that I think this alone made Blade Runner such an influential film for many other films that came after.
It's very dark, with shadows cast on every corner, skyscrapers that seem to go up for miles without an end in sight. It's both retro and futuristic, and both expansive and isolated as we see a huge futuristic world with few inhabitants left to roam its streets. The planet is slowly dying, and drained of its inhabitants due to a depletion of earth's resources, the only inhabitants left on earth are the sick, the poor, and the disenfranchised.

The acting is somewhat robotic to further the replicant theme, but also to amplify the movie's gritty tone. Characters in the movie all carry an air of longing, as all characters need someone to justify their existence, but in their isolation they almost become emotionless. Their lonely existence is shown, but their heartfelt desire for co
>>
>>85014450
Hi Jay hows life
>>
>>85015507
Oh fuck off with that gay shit.
It's boring as fuck and I love the movie.
>>
>>85016611
*contact is not.
>>
>>85014450

It's a throwback to early cinema, a very slow boil. People love it because of the worldbuilding and because of Vangelis, in terms of script and acting it's very so-so.
>>
>>85015868
OMG THANK YOU!
>>
because you're a pleb that never questions your humanity
>>
>>85016479
>I'm so mature because I can watch a movie

It was fucking boring
>>
I thought it was really nice man. But maybe because I heard everyone say how boring it was, so I found everything interesting.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.