[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ho.ly Shit. Marvel and Sony are finished

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 36

Ho.ly Shit. Marvel and Sony are finished
>>
I hope it's the end of capeshit
>>
>not making Spiderman fully seasoned, but a child relying on a suit filled with gadgets made by Stark.
>actually choosing to make this marvel spiderman 10+films storyline
kill me
>>
>>85011705
I'll be honest, I was kinda enjoying the capeshit and the whole universe building but recently I'm so board because it's just dragging on and on. Hurry up with Infinity Wars so I can get a resolution to a decade long story.
>>
>>85011705
This will surely end the Marvel Cinematic Universe!
>>
>>85011705

>Stars the two biggest Marvel superheros
>Opens around the same as Wonder Woman
>Drops almost as much as the universally panned BvS to match WWs third weekend

Fucking kek what a disaster
>>
>>85011877
Actually Infinity War is not the final movie in the cycle - Avengers 4 (untitled so far, is supposed to come out in 2019) is the last one.
>>
>>85011705
What the fuck was Flash Thomson some indian looking motherfucker in the science club instead of a tall blonde football playing jock? Why was MJ some ugly brown punck bitch instead of a secy charismatic red head?
WHO AUTHORIZED THIS
>>
>and for superhero movies
so they're ignoring Guardians 2 and WW why?
>>
File: marvel shill.jpg (158KB, 1114x928px) Image search: [Google]
marvel shill.jpg
158KB, 1114x928px
LOOK AT THIS DOOD
>>
>>85011901
>implying WW isn't a money laundering scheme cashing on "muh strong female lead" femetards
>>
>>85011705

Yeah, a third reboot of a character people are sick of is going to sink MCU. With two more Avenger movies in the works? I highly doubt it.

Then again, this is /tv/ and the sky is always falling here.
>>
>>85011942
One word. Clickbait roleplaying chatroom dude.
>>
is it over
is capeshit finally over
enough dcucks and marvelshills
just let all these shitty movies die and be forgotten
>>
>>85011942
Because it's easier to blame the whole genre instead of just admitting you fucked up big time.
>>
>>85011969
I mean, consider this: The second Spiderman movie already has a release date. Nothing short of the apocalypse is going to stop these films from coming out.
>>
>>85011800
They're giving us a bunch of Spider-Man movies not connected to the MCU. Starting with Tom Hardy's Venom. Hopefully it'll be a major hit and they'll throw in an adult Spider-Man and we can all forget the MCU exists.
>>
>>85011920
They're doing Avengers 3 and 4 within a year of each other? I find that hard to believe.
>>
>>85012023
>Sony
>>
>Homecoming couldn't even beat Spider-Man 3's opening weekend W I T H O U T taking 10 years of inflation and smaller international presence into account
>front-loaded as fuck and dropping like a rock, might even gross less than SM1
I'm surprised audiences were shrewd enough to know a stinker when they saw one, they're still under capeshit's spell but they just couldn't handle getting burned by Sony-Man again for this to be making anywhere near as money as it should. The math was all right.
>MCU
>when RDJ is in the movie and you haven't told anyone in 8 minutes.jpg
>gimmicky new suit to remind you THIS IS NOT JUST ANOTHER SPIDER-MAN
>millennial pandering with Snapchat and shit
>le diversity
It's SPIDER-MAN, in the MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE that people have been seeing in droves since a year after Spider-Man 3 came out. What it lacks is heart, and people aren't biting.

I don't think this will have immediate and widespread consequences for capeshit in general, but it's proof that people CAN get burnt out and the MCU's future might not be so certain after Infinite War's sequel which will inevitably be the end of some major players' actors like Steve Rogers and Tony Stark.
>>
>>85011705
Good. Capeshit needs to die.
>>
>Spiderman killed Marvel
didn't expect that plot twist
>>
spiderman is literally too good for the MCU.
>>
>>85012035
They are, they were supposed to be Infinity War Part 1 and Part 2, but they changed the title to something else now, still unknown.
>>
>>85011877
>DC introduces every character possible in stupid montages over the course of about 3 total minutes in Suicide Squad
>booooo that sucked give me some character development

>Marvel gives you years of character development
>boooooo that sucked give me some montages

there's no winning with you fucking retards
>>
>>85011705
Damn MCU shills are having a hard summer
>>
File: 1471613268445.jpg (17KB, 221x195px) Image search: [Google]
1471613268445.jpg
17KB, 221x195px
>>85012095
>>Marvel gives you years of character development
>>
Been over capeshit for like 5 years. But the problem is, where do they go next? Superhero movies are the only movies still consistently making big money.
>>
>>85012095
>marvel
>years of character development
lol where?
>>
>>85011705
>people finally get sick of all the nonstop capeshit
>apekino lands the finishing blow
Feels good.
>>
>>85012091
Oh okay, that makes some sense then.

However, I'm pretty sure Avengers 4 won't be the last one. There's still got to be Guardians of the Galaxy 3.
>>
Audiences across the world just said "No" to all the brown people.
>>
>>85012145
stop being so fucking extravagant with budgets maybe?
>>
Can think of nothing better than the MCU crashing and burning before Infinity War comes out. All the sweaty nerds crying because their manbaby fantasies are finally rejected by the public would be sweet.
>>
>>85012147
Hail Caesar!
>>
>>85012076
>marvel
>dead
kek
>>
>>85012145
They're going to try to do anime with that live action Naruto movie and start up a cinematic universe with that.
>>
>>85012145
I've been over it pretty recently. Stopped giving a shit ever since ant-man and all their movies seemed to just blur into one ever since.
>>
>>85012048
They definitely pandered WAY too hard with this one. I think the reason MCU has been successful thus far is because it DIDN'T pander. They haven't changed any character races or anything until now, I'm not sure why they thought it would work.

Another thing. Everyone else in the MCU is an adult. That's why adults are into these movies too, because they feature adult protagonists. Why did they think adults would be interested in a movie about a literal kid in high school?
>>
>>85011755
Time to unite the 7
>Borg life
>>
File: whoa_nelly.jpg (138KB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
whoa_nelly.jpg
138KB, 693x693px
>>85012223
>Naruto
>>
>>85011705
keep repeating this it could become truth
>>
>lecturing me about white guilt bullshit
>marxist color skin options
>every mention of actual fights confirms actual garbage
>all those screenshots of awful CGI
>>
>>85011937
Who authorized? A bunch pussy ass liberal cuck lords
>>
>>85012254
Because some adults are losers whos best days were spent in high school
>>
>white kid hanging out with a bunch of minorities
That was more unrealistic than getting superpowers from a spider bite
>>
>>85011705

It means nothing since it's still going to make like a billion dollars worldwide, and it's a colossal pile of shit. It demonstrates that people will watch fucking anything branded with the Marvel logo.

It would be cool if they learned the lesson that allowing SJWONY to have any creative input on any property ever is a stupid move. But that wouldn't happen.
>>
>>85011755
No, just the end of sony's forced diversity bullshit
>>
>>85012293
Kikes, you mean
>>
>>85012324
It's a good movie though.
>>
>>85012035

It's Avengers 4: Part 1 and Avengers 4: Part 2.

It's not legit sequels.
>>
>>85012340
nah
>>
>>85012340
nah
>>
>>85012048

Honestly I think the fact that it looks like cheap and shitty TV is the big killer. It looks more like a Netflix show than a movie. Instinctively people don't want to pay full price for that stuff.
>>
>>85012293
Do you ever feel embarrassed unironically saying faggy shit like that online?
>>
>>85012332
Wait till you see all online pieces once the "hero we need in trumps America black panther" drops
>>
>Sony
>Marvel

Releasing a film during the 4 week period where most people go on holiday.

Do they not have people who can tell the studio this?
>>
>>85012340
lol
>>
>>85012340

>It's a good movie though

By what standards? Compared to other Capeshit? It's not even good on that level really.

Compared to actual good movies it's embarrassing, crudely made dreck for mouth breathing idiots and pre-pubescent children.
>>
>>85012048

The fuck is your problem with Snapchat you faggot. Dont you get bitches to send you nudes on it?
>>
>>85012401

It's Sony. They WANT to lose money. They looked at what happened with Ghostbusters and said;

>Well, let's do that again, but with Spider-Man. People will HAVE to enjoy it then!
>>
How will Marvel shills spin this into a positive? Worth noting is that RDJ and Spidey are the two biggest cinema superheroes after Batman and should have no issues hitting the billion. Especially considering the good "reviews" it had.
>>
>>85012324
>to make like a billion dollars worldwide
They needed to perform like a Transformers type of movie and it has too many niggers to do that well in China. Domestic is going to be slaughtered and that's where these movies make the real cash
>>
>>85012401
4th of July week has traditionally been a big summer movie period. Ever since ID4.
>>
>Apes #1
>already making less than WW
>all this with the schools being out for summer
b-b-but mouse told me Spider-Man is famous, even more than Batman
>>
why does his suit look so fake? why couldn't they get the most important thing right?
>>
>>85012439

Everything you said it wrong.

Iron Man 3:

>Domestic: 409 million
>Foreign: 805 million

>China doesn't like niggers

>Furious 7: 391 million (USD) in Chinese box office takings
>>
>>85012507
>Spider-Man is famous, even more than Batman
probably is, but maybe people are sick of origin films (which it comes off as)
>>
>>85012532
Furious 7 didn't have any black people in it.
>>
>>85012532
Domestic IS more important than foreign you moron
>>
>>85012546
The irony is that everyone was saying "Dude this is brilliant they did his origin story in Civil War so now it doesn't have to be an origin film." Yeah, bad news for ya...
>>
Spider-Man is already projected for a $300 million opening weekend. Plus it will do well in the foreign markets. Does /tv/ ever get tired of being wrong?
>>
CAPESHIT AGE OVER
MONKINO RISES
>>
>>85012271
Naruto would unironically be a success. It's just Harry Potter but more colorful and cooler action.
>>
>>85012560

>Domestic IS more important

...and yet it's not where they make the real cash. It's just where they get a large share of the returns.

But keep shifting dem goal posts.

>>85012550

>Furious 7 didn't have any black people in it

I'm not sure where you're going with this.
>>
File: generayburn.jpg (26KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
generayburn.jpg
26KB, 300x225px
>>85012595
>monkino
You had to go and ruin the moment.
>>
>>85012532
I've never said anything wrong in 2017 my brainlet friend

>domestic is where Hollywood movies make money, China doesn't save shit other than two or three franchises
>this turd is performing MUCH worse than Iron Man 3, fuck Civil War performed worse than Iron Man 3 too
>Furious 7 doesn't have niggers and it's a redpilled as fuck franchise, basically a 50s traditional family values propagada with cars and explosiones
>>
>>85012550
The main group has 2 black guys, a black girl and Vin Diesel who is half black half spic. Those movies feature a lot of brown people.
>>
>dropping more than ASM2
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>85012624
Vin Diesel is one of the whitest guys I've ever seen, acting black doesn't make him black. And nobody knows what the fuck Dwayne Johnson is (I assume that's the black girl you're referring to).
>>
APESHIT > CAPESHIT
>>
>>85012372
Id be embarrassed if it wasn't true
>>
I don't want to get into a big political debate, I just want a cut and dry, yes or no answer to this question.

Can the heavy liberal political undertones in this film actually hurt it's chances at the domestic box office? Serious question, yes or no.

Before you answer, let's just assume that you agree with me in that this film is heavy, blatant, left wing agenda. All of the major liberal themes are covered.The only thing they needed was a refugee character.
>>
>>85012595
I went and saw this. Was actually proper cinema unlike Marvel turds.
>>
>>85011705
For me it was simple
>saw trailer
>not very impressed
>graphic was bad
>still want to see it
>hear about MJ shitshow
>hear about 'muh bix nood muhfugas build da house, I ain't stepping into this sheeeeeit' scene
>instantly recognize that progressive trash was involved in production
>drop it instantly

It is always a clear sign that people who don't know shit about character building or personality are involved. Why should I waste my time?
>>
>>85012673
Ive never been one to care whether a film makea a bunch of money or if it has a high score or what the critics shit i went to watch free fire and the theater was empty but it waa a great movie id even buy a dvd of it
>>
>>85011705
Is that worse than BvS tho
>>
>>85011705
People were much less excited about Spiderman because he's already appeared in FIVE movies.

People are more excited by Thor Ragnarok and Black Panther (contrast the excitement for those with the "oh, yeah" reaction to the Spidey trailers).

My biggest fear is that Spiderman is going to be shoehorned into everything and make everything stale in the process.
>>
>>85012662
I'm referring to the hacker (megan I think she was called) and you seem to be forgetting about Roman and the other more serious black guy. Fast and the Furious has always had a diverse cast of actors.
>>
>>85012739
Bvs was good though the new spiderman sucked
>>
>trailers look like shit
>93% RT score -> doubt.jpg
>Disney, MCU, half of the cast are shitskins, "Washington was a white male cislord so I won't go see his monument black lives matter k?"-> 20% adjusted RT score
>people told me it was kind of boring and pointless on top of that
Even considering all this I'm shock about how much it's flopping though
>>
>>85012739
BvS opened way bigger and had the excuse of awful reviews and an insane media hate campaign.

Everyone is kissing Homecoming's ass on social media. These drops shouldn't happen.
>>
>>85012095
>DC introduces every character possible in stupid montages over the course of about 3 total minutes in Suicide Squad
I think you need to rewatch it man. It was, honestly, the first 18 minutes of the film
>>
>>85012703
God bless my parents for buying a ticket to wonder woman and then sneaking into spiderman for free marvel btfo
>>
hopefully this means sony wont try to make a capeshit universe we dont need more reboots take a hint after tasm failed so hard
>>
>>85012604
>...and yet it's not where they make the real cash
lol sure it isn't. Nice leddit spacing by the way
>>
/tv/, come on now.

/tv/, you know you're doing that thing again. That thing where everything is a happening and everything is a bomb.

/tv/, you know what's going to happen monday.
>>
>>85012739
>BvS is allegedly hated by everyone
>kickstars a franchise in which every movie is more succesful than the last

>Homecoming is allegedly loved by everyone
>it's probably going to kill Sony

Really makes you think
>>
I hope it's the end of non-whites in movies.
>>
>>85012613

>domestic is where Hollywood movies make money

Objectively, empirically wrong. They make money everywhere they are released.

>China doesn't save shit

Also objectively, empirically wrong.

>Except when it does

OH YOU GOT THAT COVERED. VERY CLEVER.

>Furious 7 doesn't have niggers
>redpilled as fuck
>50's traditional family values

Okay. So...this is a meme I've missed or something right?

Or do you not know what the word Niggers means?
>>
>>85011901

It also had a much lower opening than BvS and made less in th second week. Honestly I think i just looked cheap and turned people off. How can over a hundred CGI Apes look more realistic than Spider-Man just running?
>>
>>85012739
BvS had a "historic and monumental" 69% drop, can't wait for the excuses when Homecoming breaks 75%
>>
>>85012778
ASM didn't really fail either. 700m WW is perfectly fine to be making a good deal of profits. It's just that they got greedy, sold merchandising rights to Disney and hoping RDJ would make up the difference.

They were so wrong there. Kevin Feige is no good for anyone but Disney's pockets. He played Pascal real hard.
>>
>>85012778
Men in Black x Jump Street will happen though.
>>
>>85012662

The two main stars (The Rock and Vin Diesel) are black.

There are two other lead black male characters.

What the fuck crack are you smoking?
>>
>>85012389
Jesus, no, please. I still remember the skyscraper mudhuts.
>>
>>85012812
The second one was the issue
>>
>>85012095

He didn't even mention DC.
>>
>>85011705
can anyone give me a quick plot rundown?
>>
>>85012825
Bait
>>
>>85012825
>The two main stars (The Rock and Vin Diesel) are black.
Are you color blind?
>>
>>85012825
Rock is Samoan
>>
>>85012780

>Falling for the reddit spacing meme

Oh boy.
>>
>>85012048
>>front-loaded as fuck and dropping like a rock, might even gross less than SM1

Domestically I think that's all but assured.
>>
>>85012813
why couldnt they just make jump street 3? sony has been purposefully destroying there brand since the ps3 it seems
>>
>>85012833
>DC
It used to be the shills go to response. Now that their two biggest characters are getting WONDER'D I guess they'll have to change tactics
>>
>>85012835
Spider man walks on on rdj fucking aunt may cut to spidey getting cucked by el flasho cut to Michael keaton pretending he didn't just sell his soul to the devil. Cut to black lives matter cut to iron spider suit
>>
>>85012825
Calling The Rock and Vin Diesel black is like calling Trump and Pence Muslims.
>>
>>85012838
>>85012843
>>85012845

Jesus fucking christ, the American-Is-60% meme is no joke.

Just how fucking mutt are you people?

Diesel is clearly a nigger - Pic related. He just doesn't know who is daddy is (like most black kids)

Dwayne The Rock Johnson is quite literally a nigger.

His fathers family were literally "Black Loyalists" who escaped off the fucking plantation.

You motherfuckers need glasses or to move out of your ethnic Brazilian like mud swamp.
>>
>>85012884
They are going mad. Yesterday they made several Raimi hate threads because people said they liked Raimi more than these MCU abominations. Won't be long before they just remain in their safe space /co/.
>>
>>85012889

Explain - Both The Rock and Vin Diesel are black. Objectively so.

Neither Trump nor Pence are Muslim.

Your comment is fucking stupid.
>>
What's capeshit?
>>
File: 1463937687282.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1463937687282.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>metacritic

Mad DC cucks
>>
>>85012912
Rock is Samoan, not black.
>>
>>85012599
does naruto even have a plot? all I remember is 99% episodes are shameless filler
>>
>>85012599
>Weeaboo delusion
Would be DBZ Evolution all over again with a similar box office. No sane Western studio is touching that shit with a light year sized pole. Your best bet is Sony, so enjoy your shitfest.
>>
>>85012838

>Bait

lol. Fucking Favela Monkeys.
>>
>>85012145
>Superhero movies are the only movies still consistently making big money.

But they aren't? Live action remakes, Talking animals movies and Star Wars are all bigger earners for Disney than Marvel. You cunts wanna explain to me why Spider-Man isn't as popular as The Jungle Book?
>>
>>85012917
Who are you quoting son?

Also >im-fucking-plying metacritic isn't superior to RT
>>
>>85012922
He's also on dc's side he's gonna portray black adam
>>
>>85012599
But it's weebshit. Weeb weirdos don't go outside. Look what happened with GITS.
>>
>>85012922

1. He's literally "Black".

2. Samoans ARE black.

Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>85012937
Those are good niggers though anon not like the wild coons back home
>>
>>85012324
>It means nothing since it's still going to make like a billion dollars worldwide

No. It wont.
>>
>>85012961
You are such a fucking moron.
>>
>>85012961
>Samoans ARE black
yeah okay you don't know what you're talking about. Non-white =/= black you fucking moron

Are you the guy blathering about mutts? You're actually so stupid that you look at 60% white and think that means everyone in America has shitskin in them? Fucking LOL this comprehension
>>
Now that the movies are dead Sony should just do a straight up permanent trade for the video game rights, it's what they're best at anyway
>>
>>85012885
black lives matter

kek, thanks for the rundown
>>
>>85012973

Never made a judgement call about the quality of the Negro. Just that he was in fact a negro.

>>85012983

lol. You're the fucking retard who can't tell the difference between white people and black people.
>>
>>85012799
Lol right, Marvel comics has every single major comics below the line that they considered cancellation line just five years ago, yet they are still determined to shovel out shit and ruin even more established characters. Captain Marvel is on her sixth restart.
EA Games has utterly bombed with the Mass Effect Andromeda, so much so that they had 40% sale third day after the release, yet they decided to keep Bioware running.

Once the progressive cancer takes hold, it won't stop until everything is in total ruins.
>>
>>85013006
The rundown was a great Dwayne johnson movie thanks for reminding me super friends
>>
>>85013001

Except Samoans ARE black. Which is why when we enslaved them we called it "Blackbirding" and referred to them as Negroes.

Samoans, like all Coconuts and Abos, are black.

Which is even besides the point since The Rock is AFRICAN black. He's literally descended from escaped plantation nogs.

>You're actually so stupid that you look at 60% white and think that means everyone in America has shitskin in them? Fucking LOL this comprehension

lol, well explain to me how you think the Rock isn't black.

I just assumed you're color blind because you've been accustomed to living around legions of mutts.

How else do you explain your stupidity?
>>
File: 1521236.png (620KB, 720x841px) Image search: [Google]
1521236.png
620KB, 720x841px
>>85011705
>tfw there is no release date for it in China yet
>>
>>85012785
>/tv/, you know what's going to happen monday.

Apes will have won the weekend?
>>
>>85013069
>justed
Unite the 7
>>
>>85013040
The comics industry has been dying for over 3 decades at this point.Marvel went bankrupt back in the 90s.Why do you think capeshit is being pushed so hard in hollywood.
>>
>>85012023
uhh anon... they changed it. The Venom movie now is apart of the MCU.

I fucking hate Disney
>>
File: 1486125449303.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1486125449303.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>85013069
>mfw it doesn't get released in China
>>
>>85013086
comics boomed in the 90s though
>>
>>85012847
>falling for the reddit spacing meme meme
Oh boy
>>
>>85013003
They're controling the consoles market but it's a very fragile market, exclusively dependant to big budget western games (look how quickly the japanese market collapsed). If the trend stops because people get tired of them they will be in deept shit because they are the biggest budget of the videogames industry by a large margin.
>>
>>85013109

>doesn't realize reddit spacing is 4chan formatting

What's it like being new?
>>
>>85012599
>Naruto would unironically be a success

Yeah like DB Evolution or Ghost in the Shell!
>>
>>85012340
Lmaoooo
>>
File: FuckingOver.jpg (5KB, 252x161px) Image search: [Google]
FuckingOver.jpg
5KB, 252x161px
>>85013090
>We will never get a Tobey/Garfield crossover
>We will never get Tobey to play a character in the Venom movie which hints at him being Spiderman
>Life (which came out last year) will never be a prequel to the venom movie
All down the drain for 4 fucking sequels to Homecoming and all the Spiderman movies now being connected to the MCU.

Anyone who defends the MCU are fucking lowlife pieces of shit who hate cinema.
>>
>>85012802
you objectively, empirically don't know shit about distribution royalties
>>
File: mfw.gif (998KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
998KB, 245x200px
>>85013101
>>
>>85012912
Damn, I don't think I can argue with you. You are a fucking racist with pasty skin.
>>
>>85013069
Oh man. No Chinabux to carry it, underperforming in India despite so much pandering, what can save them now?
>>
File: all_smiles.jpg (70KB, 261x317px) Image search: [Google]
all_smiles.jpg
70KB, 261x317px
>>85013101
>>
>>85013090
>The Venom movie now is apart of the MCU.
Not true https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvR8oFYSlLQ
>>
>>85013169

You objectively, empirically keep shifting dem goalposts, boiiiiiii.

>>85013190

>You are a fucking racist

I'm racist because I don't believe you can magically self identify as any race you wish?

lol.
>>
>>85013201
>>85013187
>>85013101
>>85013205
impossible my men, I am currently living in China and you can't trip over anything without seeing a single TF/spiderman poster around the corner.
>>
>>85013224
No, you just see anyone with slightly tanned skin as black. Or even a completely white guy like Vin Diesel. Like, what the FUCK is wrong with you?
>>
File: hahahahahahahahaha.png (191KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
hahahahahahahahaha.png
191KB, 600x400px
>>85013101
>>
File: 131133.jpg (11KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
131133.jpg
11KB, 225x224px
>>85013069

Oh boy this is exactly hat happened with Suicide Squad. Bit Don't worry Marvel fans, you still have India! And they're apparently the one country that loves Spider-Man more than the US

>India Gross : $6,459,612

Oh...
>>
>>85013221
Give me actual proof the Venom movie is not set in the MCU storyline cos from what I have heard they are doing 4 sequels to Homecoming and it will be :(
>>
>>85013086
>Marvel went bankrupt back in the 90s

Yeah I know. I don't know if you watch the situation in comics, but man, it is fucking unreal.
I'll never buy a comic again unless it is some solid Vertigo or Sandman release.
The comic universe is dead. There is just no way to bounce from it, because that would mean for the blue haired twats to admit that they made a mistake, and that is never going to happen.
>>
>>85013251
they're not going to cross over

http://screenrant.com/sony-venom-movie-mcu-connections/
>>
>>85013149
>We will never get a Tobey/Garfield crossover
Why would you want to see another Garfield movie, especially a lame crossover of all things? Why do you want a shitty standalone Venom movie? The real shame is that we'll never get Raimi's Spider-Man 4, but I'll gladly take MCU Spider-Man over those fuckawful Amazing Spider-Man movies.
>>
>>85013149
It would be tight of they did a Spider man:reign movie with tobey maguire as an older spider man kinda like logan
>>
>>85013239

>Vin Diesel - Clearly a black father

>The Rock - Black father

It's not about Slightly Tanned you faggot - it's called DNA.

>what the FUCK is wrong with you?

Lots of things. But clearly not my ability to understand simple concepts like "Black" and "White".

Is everyone who calls Obama the First Black President racist too?
>>
>>85013224
>I don't believe you can magically self identify as any race you wish?

Transniggers are real my man. Listen and Believe.
>>
>>85013259

Vertigo is dead man. DC's Young Animal has some good shit though. It's pretty much Vertigo's successor
>>
>>85013090
What? No, please no, I want a eventual return of Toby and Kirsten back with Venom retconned and actually a big successful RYV movie just to make Quesada mad.
>>
File: 1500192321107.jpg (174KB, 737x597px) Image search: [Google]
1500192321107.jpg
174KB, 737x597px
>We live in a timeline where Spidey + RDJ will barely beat a low-budget female superhero film
>>
File: Dead lol.png (84KB, 1080x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Dead lol.png
84KB, 1080x1067px
Marvel is finished. Infinity war might not even make $1 billion lmao.
>>
>>85013425
>Minecraft

Fuck I hate the movie industry
>>
>>85012372
lol don't try to normalize your shit here
>>
>>85013425
>Avengers and Star Wars in the same month
Are these people fucking insane?
>>
>>85013425
>minecraft
This can't be real.
>>
>>85013405

Domestically they might even lose.
>>
>>85011705
The only really comparable plummeting in a cape movie to this is BvS, so why the critics hated BvS but praised Homecoming if it seems for the normal people both movies are (at least in this aspect) so similar???
>>
>>85013547
>>85013464

We had films for Battleship and Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots and this surprises you? I'm surprised there hasn't been an R rated body Horror adaptation of Operation yet
>>
Precious Tritium will provide the power source to revitalize capeshit
>>
>>85013601
Just because it's not surprising doesn't mean I have to like it
>>
>>85013149
>tfw no raimi movie that balances the camp with a strong emotional connection
>tfw it won't have Tobey Maguire as the older mature Peter of the multi-verse at it's center
>>
File: no_really_im_black.png (142KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
no_really_im_black.png
142KB, 640x480px
>>85012892
10x blacker than old talcum
>>
>>85011705
Why didn't Tony save him?
>>
>>85012035
>>85012156

Yeah it won't be, they are making a phase 45 or something with the Spiderman 2.
>>
>>85013149
>spider-verse movie
>tobey spidey is not only incredibly overpowered and experienced but has some wicked bantz
>Looks at both Garfield and whatshisface spidey's costume
>"Nice costumes, did your husband make it for you two?"
>>
>>85013711
Raimi you asshole
>>
>>85012181
I'm one of those brown people living in a country of (mostly) brown people and even here we hate to see so much "diversity" in your movies, when we watch USA movies we want to see blonde, light skinned, beautiful people.
>>
So, what's the damage control for the new amazing(ly diverse) Spiderman? Will SM:HC not have been progressive enough and new they'll yell that this wouldn't have happened if Miles Morales had been the MCU Spiderman? Or should they have used a female director and turned Spiderman into Petra Parker, while they're at it?
>>
>>85013744

You just know they're going to say they should have used Miles. This Spider-Man was more like Miles dipped in talcum powder than he was Peter anyway.
>>
>>85013058
We're yellow you numbnuts, don't put us in with your worthless race.
>>
>>85011705
Whenever I see RDJ now I think of that advert he did against Trump. He is a Hilary shill forever.
>>
>>85012892
>>85012825

They aren't fucking black.

Being 25% black doesn't make you fucking black, fucking stupid ass that is like saying Drake is a black guy.

Nobody says you are black unless you are tupac, biggie or snoop dog black.
>>
>>85013744
>what's the damage control for the new amazing(ly diverse) Spiderman?
Shills on /tv/ are mostly quiet but I've read them saying that Spider-Man has been rebooted too many times, blaming Sony and downplaying the popularity of the characters. If something truly embarrassing like not beating BvS happens, I don't know how are they going to rationalize it
>>
>>85012825
>>85012892
To be fair for the chinese Diesel is just a ugly white and the Rock is brown enough to be considered not really black to them.
Also the really black guys are more of comedic relief and the chinese love to use them as buffoons.
Finally you don't to explain me ethnicity to me, you need to explain (and convince) them.
>>
Race politics aside, I think it was simply too soon. We've had 5 movies already that are still pretty fresh in everyone's minds, two of which were horrid shitpieces. While I like Holland's take on him and he was an amusing addition in Civil War, I'm not all that hot on seeing Spiderman yet again. At least they didn't go with the uncle Ben story again. Also not all that keen on having him be the highschool version through his movies and there's also the problem that Sony is booting up their own separate cinematic universe with all the actually interesting villains and spiderman side characters, so the MCU version feels like it's getting only the scraps. Makes you really looking forward to see the new MCU Spiderman, doesn't it? GG Sony, you sunk yet another Spiderman iteration with your shit.
>>
>>85012825
So the one drop rule is still in effect?
I thought after the Obama era the one drop rule might have been retired.
>>
>>85012595
>MONKINO RISES
it won't even make $60 million this weekend. that's like $100 less than your average capeshit makes opening weekend. it's an artsy indie flick in comparison. maybe they can premiere the next one at sundance.
>>
>>85012004
Sony had a whole spin off series greenlit and ready to roll after amazing...
>>
>>85014097

But that's only 57 less than Spider-Man the most popular hero in the world, well apparently not the most popular these days, huh?
>>
>>85012409
r/iamverysmart
>>
>>85014410
>actually getting miffed someone pointed out that cape movies are a level below actual cinema
embarrassing
>>
File: muh diversity- raimi vs mcu.jpg (2MB, 8200x2602px) Image search: [Google]
muh diversity- raimi vs mcu.jpg
2MB, 8200x2602px
>>85011705
This is what happens when you force diversity. Maybe audiences want to see a 99% white cast, what a novel concept right?
>>
File: wwcute.webm (890KB, 1088x720px) Image search: [Google]
wwcute.webm
890KB, 1088x720px
>>85013405
hahahahaha (I still like her movie the least)
>>
>>85011705
Anyone have any deep reasoning as to why this movie with two of Marvels biggest superheroes ever is underperforming this much? It can't be reviews as they're all positive.
>>
>>85012145
nowhere. making huge movies for the theater end soon
>>
>Watch trailers
>RDJ quips everywhere
>Suit looks like dogshit, more dogshit than the CG from the Raimi trilogy, fucking HOW?
>Mary Jane replaced with a black girl making ''''sarcastic'''' remarks about slavery, fuck you and your black victim complex
>le fat funny friend XD
>Indian manlet Flash
>hear the same damn praises for every MCU movie ; IT'S FUN like really FUUUUUUUN
>decide to watch monkino instead
>>
>>85014720
see
>>85012048
>>85012181
>>85012316
>>85014573
People just don't want diversity shoved into their films
>>
>>85014773
Same. Btw it's Apekino.
>>
>>85014720
They're blaming this on Sony but we all know MCU has been on downwards trajectory for some years now. Even GoTG2 which was initially projected to hit a billion is now struggling to hit BvS numbers.
>>
>>85012145
Tone is back a bit are starting making movies that appeal to specific groups instead of everyone.
>>
>>85014869
to be fair, GoTG2 took an absolute pounding in china due to a bollywood movie being extremely successful there.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/07/04/dangal-a-fierce-contender-in-china-refuses-to-drop-out-of-box-office-top-10/#26022d1a40da
>>
>>85013405
I'm really curious whether the 2nd WW movie will have the same staying power, once it can't rely on the novelty effect of being touted as the biggest thing ever for female empowerment since their right to vote. Will people also "show support for the cause" for a 2nd and 3rd movie, when it's not quite so fashionable anymore to go on record saying "I've seen it 3 times because my daughter finally has a role model!".
>>
>>85014869
At least GOTG2 did over 800 millions. I doubt Spiderman will reach that.
>>
>>85015013
m8, the movie has kept up because it is a nice superhero origin story that is somewhat lighthearted and because Wonder woman is an anime character in 3D.
>>
>>85014965
>to be fair, GoTG2 took an absolute pounding in china due to a bollywood movie being extremely successful there.

Isn't it funny that Marvel films can only do really well when there's literally no competition?
>>
File: 1460509619726.jpg (34KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1460509619726.jpg
34KB, 500x372px
Will they finally bring back Raimi spiderman now?
>>
racist white manchildren want to live in a fantasy world without minorities, for 90 minutes. they'll pay money for it.

but since there were a few non whites, the man babies started to pout and cry.
>>
>>85015083
well before you gloat, the bollywood movie was really nice and had the kind of values that the average moviegoer in china would share.
>>
>>85015083
>Isn't it funny that Marvel films can only do really well when there's literally no competition?
Why do you think Disney spent half of its marketing budget smearing the DCEU? They know that in comparison to actual films, they will lose. The Kevin Feige model only works if there's zero competition and every bought critic in the world is kissing your ass. When you make anti-cinema, anything will look good in comparison.
>>
>>85015104

lol real racists wont even see the film. Nerds have been complaining about small shit for decades.
>>
Hol up so u sayin dat diversity dint finna audience?
>>
>>85013405
>spidy shat himself in fear

Holy kek
>>
File: ThePeopleHaveSpoken.png (92KB, 860x541px) Image search: [Google]
ThePeopleHaveSpoken.png
92KB, 860x541px
>tfw people on fb are actually pretty based
>>
File: Chad League.jpg (60KB, 750x551px) Image search: [Google]
Chad League.jpg
60KB, 750x551px
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>85015447
Let's see whether Cyborg will be laughing when his solo movie comes out.
>>
>>85015447

Is he contractually obligated to wear that shirt to every event?

I can't hate the guy though. He signed my Cyborg #1
>>
>>85012223
If this becomes a thing in western theaters I'm going full James Holmes. I actually live near Aurora. I might even do the same theater..
>>
>>85015104
>want to live in a fantasy world without minorities

God forbid someone wants to live in a world without useless, low IQ freeloaders.
>>
File: justice-league.jpg (100KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
justice-league.jpg
100KB, 1080x1080px
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
File: 1476893695039.png (165KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1476893695039.png
165KB, 327x316px
>>85015558
Godspeed
>>
>>85015558
Oh, the FBI is going to hear about this.
>>
>>85011705
> That’s one of the worst Friday-to-Friday drops the 16-movie Marvel Cinematic Universe has ever seen—only Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America: Civil War fared worse—and it's by far the worst for any of Sony’s 6 Spider-Man movies.
>only Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America: Civil War fared worse
>Captain America: Civil War

Yeah, uh

Marvel's gonna be just fine
>>
>>85011969
Marvel has two good movies left on the infinity wars movies and after that Captain Marvel becomes the face. From there it's all down hill. No one's going to watch some chick lead the MCU
>>
>>85014059

Fun fact - Vin Diesel is as black as Obama and Dwayne Johnson is MORE black than Obama.

>one drop

Yeah, 50% is a little higher than one drop, my friend.
>>
>>85013953

Drake IS a black guy, that's why he gets to say "nigger", you idiot.

>25%

The Rock is 100% black, 50% African American.

Vin Diesel is 100% Mutt.

>Nobody says you are black unless you are tupac, biggie or snoop dog black

So Obama isn't black?
>>
>>85013955

Chinese people constantly refer to The Rock as black.

I don't have to convince anyone. The Chinese don't care if niggers are in movies. They're all Non-Chinese to them.
>>
WHY DIDN'T IRONMAN SAVE THE DAY?!
>>
>>85012023
I kinda hope they bring back Andrew Garfield and pick up where they left off there. After watching Homecoming, I'm ready to go back to an older more mature spiderman. Homecoming was a fucking kids movie
>>
>>85013953

Found the guy with a white mom, absentee father and a suspiciously wide, flat nose.

It's all good brother - You can still join the Klan and post with the cool kids, but you can't be Grand Wizard.
>>
>>85015784

>older, more mature spider-man

then why do you want andrew garfield?
>>
>>85015104

Racist here - I wouldn't even watch the movie.

I didn't even watch the last three Spider-Man movies and afaik they had whites in the lead.

Probably jews though.
>>
File: lold.jpg (160KB, 785x695px) Image search: [Google]
lold.jpg
160KB, 785x695px
>>
File: that's a man baby.jpg (127KB, 600x911px) Image search: [Google]
that's a man baby.jpg
127KB, 600x911px
>>85015694
>Carol
>chick
>>
>>85012145
Fantasy. it will return
>>
>>85012332
one can dream
>>
File: Nolan_Christ.jpg (97KB, 969x1045px) Image search: [Google]
Nolan_Christ.jpg
97KB, 969x1045px
>>85012145
This is why I hope Dunkirk does well next weekend.
Only one man can save cinema from the abyss...
>>
>>85012340
too bad in that case that I still can´t force myself to watch it due to all the "diversity" in it
>>
>>85015368
Bet the replies are people calling them racists or idiots for not mindlessly praising Marvel.
>>
>>85015667

>I'm a fucking retard.

Homecoming, you cunt, only made 117 opening weekend. Civil War made 179. Civil Wars drop was 2 percent higher but it still made $19,612,028 compared to Homecomings $13,600,000

But yeah I'm sure it's fine.
>>
File: Lj7Zk7Q.jpg (248KB, 1323x744px) Image search: [Google]
Lj7Zk7Q.jpg
248KB, 1323x744px
>>85012145
at least I hope so
>>
>>85011705
They are not.
Here's my trick to enjoy movies: Are they better than anything DC has made? If yes, then it's a good movie.
Some random NEET will jump to my throat saying that it's a low standard, but it's true, and has kept me amused since MoS.
>>
>>85015955

Civil War is the third in a highly acclaimed series and not the beginning of a new franchise

Maybe put things in fucking perspective
>>
>>85012254
Hit the nail on the head here. I was all in to the MCU until they started making kids movies with terribly awkward high school drama. Count me out
>>
>>85015989
>>85015955

Oh and it also had all the fucking Avengers in it, whereas Homecoming just has Spider-man and Iron Man

The overall gross is gonna matter more than a first week drop
>>
>>85015989

OK. Would you like to discuss Wonder Woman's drop instead? Because that made more as well
>>
File: iron meme.png (3MB, 1024x1430px) Image search: [Google]
iron meme.png
3MB, 1024x1430px
Spidey deserved a solo flick.
>>
>>85012961
Samoans actually get very offended if you call them black. Even the darker skinned ones.
>>
>>85016038

wonder woman wasn't coming off of a duology that poisoned the well for the character and she released in a time with relatively easier competition
>>
>>85013405
kek nice
>>
>>85016010
>just has Spider-man and Iron Man
>Just

Shit sorry man I forgot they were loser heroes nobody cares about.
>>
>>85016051
Confirmed for not having watched it, and spouting generic shit.
>>
>>85016051

Iron Man is in it for like 15 minutes
>>
>>85016061
It was coming off three movies allegedly hated by both critics and public soooo yeah
>>
>>85016079

I think you're taking the wrong thing from what I was saying. I never meant to imply that those two aren't a big draw on their own. It's a matter of quantity.
>>
>>85016056

No they don't. They self identify as black.

Unless you're talking about Samoans who live in America. I don't know what the fuck they do. But Samoans in the Pacific all think they're Tupac.
>>
>>85016061
>wonder woman wasn't coming off of a duology that poisoned the well for the character

No she was just coming of the back of BvS and Suicide Squad

>and she released in a time with relatively easier competition

No that was GOTG2 that ran unopposed for 3 weeks. Wonder Woman opened a week after Pirates of the Caribbean, a billion dollar franchise and much bigger than Apes has ever been.

Keep going with the excuses anon. I'm enjoying this.
>>
File: 1af.jpg (145KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
1af.jpg
145KB, 890x890px
>>85014410
>implying he's wrong
>>
>>85012340
But it's really not. I'd rather watch the last Spiderman flop
>>
>>85016110

>three movies

Wonder Woman has a brand of her own. BvS and Suicide Squad aren't gonna affect her BO take anymore than Ant-Man is.
>>
>>85011705
I still don't understand what they were thinking with this movie. It literally looks like a crappy student film you'd expect on YouTube. Whoever greenlit this shit made a huge error of judgement if they thought audiences were going to eat this up.
>>
>>85016145

You hung yourself with Pirates. On Stranger Tides already contributed to that franchise's decline, and Johnny Depp's star has faded considerably. Pirates basically set itself up to be no threat to Wonder Woman.
>>
>>85016187
If you read Amy Pascal's emails you'd see that this movie is basically that shit.
>>
File: 1473089530192.jpg (191KB, 653x477px) Image search: [Google]
1473089530192.jpg
191KB, 653x477px
>>85011705
It's the 3rd best Spidey movie to date IMO, only behind Raimi's 1 & 2.

The problem is as much as people love Spider-Man, we just had 3 shit Spider-Man films in a row before this. A lot of people are burned out, and there's also superhero fatigue, especially for a superhero we've seen done multiple times over the last 15 years.

It'll probably make 700 - 800 mil, but definitely won't break the billion like I'm assuming Sony and Marvel were hoping since Spider-Man used to be the biggest shit on the planet in terms of superhero films.
>>
>>85012432
On that note, I'm pretty pissed about the reviews. RT had it in the mid fucking 90s so I expected a great fucking movie and this shit was mediocre at best. I mean RT can be deceiving but I've never been fooled this badly before. How much money does Marvel pay critics to get a shit movie like this rated so high?
>>
>>85016092
>>85016093
I didn't actually watch it yet, that's news to me

The villain still looks really lame
>>
>>85016218

also Spider-man's weekly gross was still approximately 20 million higher than wonder woman's even WITH the 76 percent drop so

perspective
>>
File: 1438427222568.jpg (29KB, 318x341px) Image search: [Google]
1438427222568.jpg
29KB, 318x341px
Can anyone explain to me why fucking Ant Man made bank but Spider-Man didn't?
>>
>>85016277
GOTG2 was way, way ahead of Wonder Woman and now she's leading.
>>
>>85016291
the new MJ
>>
>>85016218

>You hung yourself with Pirates

Not really since Pirates V still made more than Dawn and will make more than War proving it was still bigger competition.
>>
>>85012324
The MCU parts in this movie were unironically the worst parts.
>>
>>85012546
Despite the fact they gave no origin whatsoever in the film except for some passing comments. As tired as everyone is of Spidey's origin, his character development is missing a lot when we don't see him go through the tragedy of losing his uncle Ben
>>
>>85016275
>
I don't know what you are spouting man. If it had any flaws, the villain was not one of them.
>>
>>85016291
People are tired of Spiderman after the last two diarrheas.
>>
>>85016277

But it's dropping look at >>85016303. That's your perspective.
>>
>>85016303

>Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
>Domestic Total as of Jul. 14, 2017: $386,210,390 (Estimate)
>+ Foreign: $472,525,251 55.0%

>Wonder Woman
>Domestic Total as of Jul. 14, 2017: >$375,806,078 (Estimate)
>+ Foreign: $377,100,000 50.1%

you're full of shit
>>
>>85016352
You're literally retarded.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=daily&day=num&id=2017superhero.htm
>>
>>85012048

What the movie lacked was a pulse. Heart it kinda had but there way too many long stretches of high school hijinks and I don't think people came to see that.
>>
>>85016254
While I think it will reach a billion it'd be hilarious if it didn't, causing Sony to pull the plug and take Spider-man back. The rage of Marveldrones would be hilarious to watch.
>>
>>85015798
By the end of TASM 2, Garfield's Spiderman had matured through some tough shit. I didn't realize how much I'd miss a serious Spiderman movie until I saw the kiddie shit that's out now
>>
>>85016370
>http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=daily&day=num&id=2017superhero.htm

It's still made less money and ranked below guardians

But its weekly percentage drops at a slower rate but I guess that means it wins. Whatever dude.
>>
>>85012568
See >>85016340

All the cons of an origin, without having an actual fucking origin
>>
>>85016418

he didn't mature at all. He was a fucking stalker and Gwen's death was all his fault. Suffering tragedy and living through it doesn't mean you matured, and the movie doesn't show it because Gwen's death happened at the end and they don't show him acknowledging or growing past his mistakes.

Garfield may have been physically older but he was a selfish whiny manchild
>>
>>85016352

Guardians is all but finished. Wonder Woman is still making millions. It wont beat GOTG2 worldwide gross but it will beat it domestically. when you compare the budget and marketing cost it's clear that Wonder Woman is the most profitable film of the Summer.
>>
>>85012673
Tbh I didn't think the liberal agenda was going to bother me as much as it did. Didn't ruin the movie, but definitely didn't help it either
>>
>>85016254
This doesn't come close to SM3.
>>
>>85016427

It's going to be ahead of Guardians in the end though. That's why the drops are such a big deal for Spider-Man. You're being deliberately retarded.
>>
>>85012732
Are you 5? Only a child would think it was a good movie
>>
>>85016254
>>85016254
>It'll probably make 700 - 800 mil, but definitely won't break the billion like I'm assuming Sony and Marvel were hoping since Spider-Man used to be the biggest shit on the planet in terms of superhero films.

They showhorned in Iron Man who is th biggest shit on the planet right no and wont make a billion. They wild have been better off making Iron Man 4.
>>
>>85016484

Are you fucking kidding me? Wonder Woman is on its way out. It's been out for two months. It's made most of the money it's ever going to make.

But in the end you're comparing apples to oranges. They're both fine films. Both movies did well. I'm not sure why you brought this dick measuring contest into a thread about Spider-man anyway. I didn't bring in the Spidey comparison in to disparage WW, I brought it up to show that its first week gross is in now way BAD despite the percentage drop.

Don't get a big head just because DC finally got something everyone universally agrees to be a win.
>>
>>85012340
Of course it is, but this is /tv/. You have to understand this entire board is made up of people who see themselves as film connoisseurs because it makes how fucking pathetic their lives are a little better. So anything that's not "refined" is obviously garbage to them, regardless of the actual truth. Double that if it's something popular.

What the fuck do you even expect? This is a board that used to do nothing but talk about underage actors virginity and feet.
>>
>>85016272
Actually, RT has it at 7.6/10. The 93% just means that it's pleasant and inoffensive at the very least.
>>
>>85012673

Nobody wants to have a finger wagged at them while they're watching a fucking spider-man movie
>>
>>85016608
Capeshit is actually garbage though
>>
>>85011901
It doesn't star Iron Man. He has 10 minutes of screen time tops.
>>
>>85012673

>liberal agenda

what liberal agenda? The fact it has minorities in it?
>>
>>85016418
How can you possibly prefer that absolute horseshit? Even if you didn't like the 'coming of age' comedy this new movie did, what is there to enjoy about the absolute turd that was Amazing Spiderman 2?

'more mature' isnt a good thing if the movie sucks dick
>>
>>85016592
>Wonder Woman is on its way out. It's been out for two months.

Yeah, I know. And it's still making millions. It will beat Guardians domestic. Nothing I said was wrong. And I didn't bring this up as dick waving I brought it up to show you a comparison

No matter how you slice it, no matter what excuse you cook up a spider-Man film relying heavily on Iron Mans star power making less than Wonder Woman in it's second weekend is pathetic. And you know it
>>
>>85012048
>millennial pandering with Snapchat and shit

That's not pandering that's just being modern.
>>
Even if it gets a lot of praise, people are tired of seeing Spiderman remakes. The pure fact that it's yet another reboot scares most people off
>>
>>85016677

He probably shouldn't have been heavily marketed then.
>>
>>85012742

People are willing to give spider-man a chance as long as he's an adult and his movie is fucking good. Homecoming wasn't good and it wasn't accessible to a lot of fans because he is a little kid
>>
>>85015368
But Andrew Garfield was terrible as Peter Parker.

Handsome skateboarding stuttering super genius dithering but also wisecracking photographer with teenagers angst?

I like Garfield as an actor but wtf was he going for in those films. it was all over the place
>>
>>85012961
He is half Samoan, half Black Canadian. His father was Rocky Johnson.

Samoans are Polynesian.
>>
>>85013290
Never thought I'd say this but compared to this Homecoming shit, the Amazing Spiderman movies aren't as bad as I remember
>>
>>85016703

Wonder Woman has no bearing on Spider-man's success. And again, Wonder Woman was basically competition free. Hell, Spider-man doesn't even need to "beat" WW to be considered a success.

Any claims about WW beating Guardians you should save for when it happens. It's two months down and new blockbusters (which AREN'T just Spider-man) are starting fresh, so it's nowhere near a certainty.
>>
>>85016275
Pleb tier opinion.

Michael Keaton is a top actor and he elevates basically everything he's in, including this. As a villain his motivations are simple and relatable, and what's great is Spidey is just trying to stop a guy stealing and selling weapons, not some apocalyptic bullshit.

Villain is one of the best parts.
>>
>>85013577
Marvel pays off the critics
>>
>>85016291
People love Paul Rudd, and Ant Man managed to surprise people with its tone and a speck of originality.

It was already a joke when they rebooted Spiderman only a couple years after the Tobey Maguire stuff, now it's just ridiculous.
>>
>>85016863
>Any claims about WW beating Guardians you should save for when it happens.

It's only 11 away and WW's Friday made 2 million, Saturday will be higher. It's happening man, come to peace with it.
>>
>>85016291

Ant-Man made half of what Spider-man did in its first week when it debuted

by what are you judging "made bank"?
>>
File: 1476589588260.jpg (68KB, 530x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476589588260.jpg
68KB, 530x600px
>>85016863
>And again, Wonder Woman was basically competition free
>>
>>85013664

>tfw no spiderverse movie to open up universes
>tfw not bringing back raimi to direct so that they can have a decent sinister 6 with Dafoe, Molina, Keaton, etc
>>
>>85016945

The rest of July is likely to devour it. Sorry.
>>
>>85016974

I've already demonstrated that Pirates fucking shot itself in the foot
>>
>>85017011

OK anon. I haven't been hearing this all Summer or anything.
>>
>>85017046

sure, whatever.

But you know, even if it makes a ton of money, it has no bearing on Marvel's films whatsoever.
>>
>>85017040

No you didn't. Even the weakest Pirates film is more successful than the biggest Apes film. If Wonder Woman ran competition free then what is stopping Spider-Man?
>>
>>85017084

No it doesn't. But Wonder Woman is beating Spider-Man.
>>
>>85016291

Ant man was accessible to a wider audience because of the actor's age. Also it's stupid to think kids can only relate to kids. They need a spidey movie where he's a fucking adult. Kids are fine with college age to adult spidey.
>>
>>85017094

>Even the weakest Pirates film is more successful than the biggest Apes film.

Pirates first day: $23,567,874
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' first day: $27,645,087

also, Pirates was already dying on the vine by the time wonder woman came out, so, yeah, it wasn't any meaningful competition for it

>>85017119

Not in terms of their first weeks, it isn't
>>
>>85016254
After letting the disappointment settle... I think I actually preferred the Amazing Spiderman series to this kiddie shit
>>
>>85012316
Kek
>>
>>85016464
But it wasn't really his fault... he tried to keep Gwen away from the action but she persisted anyway. It was more her fault that she was there in that situation. And by the end of the film, Garfield's character had overcome the grief of the incident and had returned to his duty as Spiderman, more mature, and more understanding of his role.
>>
>>85016641
Fair point. I still believe even a 7.6/10 is gracious. It's more of a 6/10 at best
>>
>>85016703
After rewatching TASM 2, it had much much better action and an actual super powered villain (tho I admit I fucking hated Jamie Fox). It still had the great Spiderman aesthetic that I feel like Homecoming lost with the super techy suit. And the chemistry and drama between characters was way way better and more mature than the awkward high school giggly shit in Homecoming.
>>
>>85016778
I preferred his Peter Parker actually. He had more chemistry with the characters around him. McGuire always seemed too awkward and was a terrible actor. And Holland... idk he's not Peter Parker he was more like Miles Morales or some shit.
>>
>>85016870
Michael Keaton did a great job with what he had and his big twist is the best part of the movie. However Vulture is a weak villain and didn't really bring much stakes to the movie. I wish they had chosen a different, more threatening villain for him. With Vulture they just couldn't make any actually good action scenes
>>
>>85011705
When was the last time Sony even made profit doing films? They're insurance scams in nippon guarantee them free money to spent on shit, why they would choose film industry and producing failure after failure, god only knows, those gooks have their own way of thinking. Maybe its just being a western film producer that interests them no matter what garbage they produce or how much it costs them.
>>
>>85016863
WW had insane competition, much worse than Spidey or GotG2. It just crushed them all. It's going to beat GotG2 domestic 100% guaranteed too
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.