[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on Avatar: The Last Airbender

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: good show.jpg (263KB, 888x455px) Image search: [Google]
good show.jpg
263KB, 888x455px
This show is actually fucking amazing. I'm not a fan of Anime, or animation in general. I can appreciate individual movies/televisions shows in the art form (Cowboy Bebop, Spirited Away, Futurama) but as a whole it seems to gimmicky, childish and silly to be enjoyable.

However, Avatar: The Last Airbender blew me the fuck away when I watched it in its entirety this week. The characters, writing, story, and progression are absolutely top-notch and matched by very few televisions series.

Seriously, this show is god-tier. The relationship between the show's original antagonist (Prince Zuko) and his Uncle, who are both in exiles from their kingdom, is tear-jerking and one of the developed and generally best relationships in TV history. The rest of the main characters are either perfectly written (Azula, Toph) or have character arcs that bring a tear to your eye (Zuko, Katara, Aang). Not to mention all of the high-intensity action and adventure the show displays in its numerous travels and battles, displaying ultimate creativity and fantastic animation. I could go on and on and on about so many more reasons why it's great, but that's the bulk of it. It's a TV show that despite its art medium that I typically don't enjoy, has a fantastic story, action, writing, and characters.

Pretty funny show, too.

So, opinions?

>inb4 'kys it's a kid's show'
>>
>>85011158
It's good shit, man. Most people will say the same.

But now that I've said this, expect a bunch of "it's shit"'s
>>
>>85011158

Your post is, and I've never said this before in my life, extremely "Reddit"

But yes, it is good. Sucks to be Japan and value animated cartoons so much only to have a couple of dorks on Nickelodeon come along and produce a children's tv show that casually urinates on the very best of your output.
>>
it's shit
>>
You sound like a gigantic faggot

>>85011201
this guy too
>>
>>85011158
Not much to discuss. It's good. End of story.
>>
>>85011158
too bad the sequel is trash
>>
Isn't an Anime you retard.
>>
>>85011158
Great show,shit sequel
>>
>>85011158
You will most likely watch Korra, too; DO NOT get your hopes up. The only area in which it excels from Last Airbender are the elemental battles, and character.costume design. Everything else is a disappointing waste of potential, but if anything it'll cement your belief that Last Airbender was a great show
>>
>>85011690
Korra was fucking hot tho
>>
>>85014584
go jerk off to some r34 of her then
>>
File: Aang.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Aang.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>85011158
It's my favorite show of all time. I even bought the box set for like 40 bucks, and I'm a jew when it comes to money.

That being said, gushing about a show on /tv/ is only going to inspire contrarians to say they hate it and never give it a chance. It's a hopeless effort.
>>
>>> /co/
>>
>>85011158

It's a truly wonderful show.
>>
I didn't watch it when it was on tv, but I watched it two or three years ago, and I was blown away by it too, a huge surprise
>>
>>85011158
ai ya go watch jackie chan adventures
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.