[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The truth is that there shouldn't be disappointment. I should,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 12

File: Spider-Man-Homecoming[1].jpg (1MB, 1500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man-Homecoming[1].jpg
1MB, 1500x750px
The truth is that there shouldn't be disappointment. I should, by no means, feel disappointed. But, leaving the theater I was confronted with this completely overwhelming feeling of utter tiredness and sadness. After seeing the movie I was messaging one of my friends who asked why it's so poor and why I disliked it so much and my exact words were, "t's more MCU garbage but this time it's Spider-Man and it feels fucking personal". That big, fat 94% on Rotten Tomatoes, the incredibly positive consensus on social media, it just proves that Marvel has won, they've won over everyone, critics and audiences alike, with their openly corporatized, overly-produced piece of modern-era junk. It proves that, for the time being, good, creative films have lost, stuck in a sea of big-budget corporatized products which seek to homogenize other money-making properties in an endless pursuit of more, more, & more money and less, less, & less artistic freedom. There's no feeling I like less as a film watcher than coming out hating a movie, especially a movie featuring a character I kinda most definitely really enjoy, but I didn't just leave the theater hating Spider-Man Homecoming, I came out dissatisfied with the current film environment, angry at those who allow movies like this to get made. (1/?)
>>
>>85010379
Spider-Man: Homecoming is nothing but another in a long line of process-paneled, audience-tested products, designed to put "story" and "character" ahead of form & thematics, it's clear from the very first image exactly what this movie is going to be- a wide shot of Avengers tower over the skyline of NYC, this isn't the New York of Raimi's trilogy, a seemingly endless city of verve and excitement, where the citizens are passionate about their home and Spider-Man the icon of the people, no, this is the New York of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, a place where in-jokes and easter egg references are leaned on far more heavily than genuine emotion and well-developed characters. When the film culminates in a scene at the all-gray, completely concrete Avengers home base, dominated by garish CGI, it's obvious just how much of a cash grab this film is. (2/?)
>>
Ah fresh pasta. Nice
>>
>>85010400
I don't know if Jon Watts is a good director. I really don't. It's impossible to tell from this, although the direction here is probably the worst I've seen so far this year, because Marvel reshoots everything and rarely allows directors creative freedom to take risks and do something visually interesting. It's obvious that the sense of color from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 has been removed completely, this again looks just like the ugly, grey, concrete aesthetic of Captain America: Civil War (which is interesting because the film actually opens with that scene shot from Spider-Man's perspective), which is a shame because if any hero's movie should have an abundance of color it's Spider-Man's. This movie just gets literally everything wrong- it gets high school movies wrong, it gets character dynamics wrong, it does Michael Keaton, Marisa Tomei, Jon Favreau, Laura Harrier, Tom Holland, Zendaya, and Donald Glover wrong (egregiously), it gets movie-making wrong, it gets villains like Shocker & Scorpion wrong (they're here, but they are barely recognizable, their flamboyant and colorful comics costumes having been removed). Marvel claims to be all about character but the way the leads and the villain are treated here come off as not as genuine but instead as written for maximum recognizability, characters like Flash Thompson & Liz Allen especially, the filmmakers never punish Peter for the horrible way he treats Liz over the course of the film, and her exit leaves a bad taste in the mouth, as she suffers way more than she deserves to. Perhaps the most egregious example of this way of treating character is the MJ drop at the end- I have no doubt that Zendaya could make an excellent Mary Jane, but that reference came off as one of the worst references in a comic book movie since "Robin" in The Dark Knight Rises. (3/?)
>>
File: 1497745579754.jpg (267KB, 1050x704px) Image search: [Google]
1497745579754.jpg
267KB, 1050x704px
This is how I felt after Dr Strange. Seeing Disney have a stranglehold on popular opinion. Very disturbing really.
>>
not your blog faggot
>>
>>85010430
Robert Downey Jr. isn't an actor anymore; by this point he's been reduced to more of a special effect, a prop, a wind-up toy Kevin Feige can set up in front of the camera, start rolling, and have him do his usual shtick before winding back down again and going back in the closet, ready for whenever they need to wind him back up. If there's anything that screams "corporate product" more than the garish, ugly aesthetic, lack of interesting images, generically marketable plot, useless cameos by notable young-adult actors, or forced, rushed villain arc it's how RDJ & Tom Holland are treated here. Both are solid actors, Holland gives a fine performance, but both are utilized more as machines than as actors, cogs in a wheel that keeps spinning & spinning & spinning and spitting out money & more money until eventually either the wheel falls off the track and these actors are left scrambling for cover or the wheel gets bigger & bigger & too big and dominates all of moviemaking until there is nothing left but Spider-Man toys and Iron Man Blu-Rays and these actors don't get to act in anything else. (4/?)
>>
>>85010457
There isn't a single good image or setpiece or edit or memorable moment throughout the course of the whole picture. There are jokes, but not enough drama to balance out the jokes, leaving the whole affair feeling lifeless and pastiche. The film is a joke, it's a joke which has all of Hollywood buying into it, not catching onto it's comedy- because if Homecoming is anything, it's a huge cry to end this thing now, purge it, destroy it all, burn it to the ground. Rebuild it, give it to the directors, give it to the creatives, don't allow the producers to choke all life and passion out of these films in an attempt to make money. But, sadly, there are very few people getting the joke right now. And it looks like things are only going to get worse, the wheel is only going to get larger, leaving moviemaking, actors, creatives, stumbling and reeling in its wake. (5/5)
>>
>>85010448
Mouseshill can't stand the truth bombs
>>
I am fucking saving all of this. Based OP.
>>
Have you ever been with a woman?
>>
Not a single Marvel shill will actually argue against this. Instead they'll do drive by insults and nothing more the sad fucks.
>>
mcu BTFO
>>
I agree with you. I hated it, found it dull. I almost walked out half way through and I never do that. It was put together by formula even more than the others. I don't know if I'm seeing these in the theater or at all anymore. They had a great opportunity to do something fun, but instead of Spidey it's just a kid in an Iron Man suit. No Spidey sense at all, instead replaced with some shitty AI. It felt like a cheap Disney Channel movie.
>>
>>85010516
don't suck your own ass, it's disgusting.
>>
File: 1490798291541.jpg (384KB, 1669x689px) Image search: [Google]
1490798291541.jpg
384KB, 1669x689px
>>85010758
Honestly hilarious seeing your damage control. OP fucking wrecked mouseshill agenda in just five posts.
>>
>it's a "/tv/ is contrarian to a popular, well-received Marvel movie"
Every year, the same threads pop up. This place is as predictable as /v/.
>>
I loved comics growing up. Read them for years and years.

Now Marvel at least has been completely ruined and it's all because of Disney. Fuck that shitty mouse and everything it produces, including these "films" which are killing actual film-making

These evil mouse kikes must be stopped
>>
>>85010798
Do you think it's contrarian disliking a film that the general audience is turning away from? Your 100 paid bloggers on RT isn't the world.
>>
>>85010785
Right, thanks to OP we are free of the tyranny of the mouse. I'm sure Disney read those five post and now all its projects plunged.

Hurray for OP, the chosen one!
>>
>>85010961
Tell me, why are you so personally offended by this thread?
>>
>>85010862
It has an "A" Cinemascore
>>
>>85011004
And yet OP didn't like it. What's your deal? Do you want everyone to stand in line and obey your surveys and RT scores you fucking sheep?
>>
>>85010379
>>85010400
>>85010430
>>85010457
>>85010477
tl;dr: OP is bitter and hates fun.
There. Just saved a few minutes of your time
>>
File: 1497880009958.png (264KB, 574x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497880009958.png
264KB, 574x600px
>>85011037
>attacks another anon for being, and I quote, "personally offended"
>I point out the audience likes this movie
>anon, in turn, gets personally offended
Pottery
>>
>>85011042
>LOL just like shut your mind off and enjoy bro stop thinking about things nerd LOL
>>
>>85011059
n-not a argument
>>
>>85011042
Mousebois on suicide watch
>>
>>85011059
So where is your argument? People like this? Ok? People also like Transformers, would you say it's impossible to criticize them because of that?
>>
>>85010379
i have literally been saying this about marvel since spiderman 3
none of you listened you still gave them your money and you made them the monster they are today.
(i did see logan)
>>
File: 001.png (4MB, 1479x2190px) Image search: [Google]
001.png
4MB, 1479x2190px
I grew up reading Spidey comics in the 70s and 80s (yes, I'm old). So the classic mythology, supporting characters, and rogue gallery of villains of Spidey's silver age are all iconic to me.

So along comes this movie that, to be completely honest, is entertaining in its own way. I won't lie and say I hated it, at least not as a generic MCU action flick. But I *did* hate it as a "Spider-Man film". Because not once did it feel like Spider-Man on that screen.

>Web-slinging through the NYC skyscrapers? Nope.

>Elderly Aunt May? Nope.

>Mary Jane Watson? Nope.

>Gwen? Nope.

>J.J. Jameson? Nope.

>Peter holding a camera? Nope. (and a cell phone video doesn't fucking count)

>Any of the Osborns? Nope.

>Spider-Sense? I'm guessing nope. And, realistically, Spidey would be as good as dead without it.

>Classic costume? Nope. Just this overly-processed CGI thing with barely-visible webs, small eyes, weird black accents, and technology that bears Tony's handprint far more than Peter's.

>The remainder of the supporting cast bearing any resemblance to their comic book counterparts? Umm...nope.

Oh, but there were quips. So I guess that was cool.
>>
File: blackwashing.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
blackwashing.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
Why are redheads being discriminated against in Hollywood?
>>
File: 1407077803377.png (637KB, 1280x434px) Image search: [Google]
1407077803377.png
637KB, 1280x434px
>>85011238
Everything I have seen and heard about this film has told me it is the most souless Spider-Man to date and if everything in your post is legit honestly it's dead to me. Even ASM2 didn't fuck up this hard.
>>
>>85010448
>is giving an honest, open opinion on a movie
>hurrr stop blogging hurrr
K. Y. S.
>>
>>85011291
>those freckled shoulders
Well they never cast a Mary Jane that was faithful enough to that so I'm okay with them replacing her with a delicious brown girl.
>>
File: 1498800472059.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1498800472059.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>>85011199
I answer your question with one of my own: why should we care what OP thinks?
>>
>>85011342
Everything in it is true. I cannot recall anything in Homecoming that made it feel like a Spider-Man movie aside from Peter himself. To add to his list, I don't recall Uncle Ben even being mentioned either.
>>
>>85011404
>That thing
>"Delicious"

Lol no. Shit taste m8. She looked like a boy in the movie.
>>
>>85010798
no, film quality is dropping and critics either aren't doing their fucking jobs or they have lowered their expectations to compensate for the amount of terrible movies that are being pumped seemingly exponentially , hence garbage like this WW and Get Out getting stellar reviews.

Filmmaking is dying
>>
>>85010545
>McuCucks Damage Control
>>
>>85011435
Well why do you? Why are you here if you don't care for it? You can just go to the next thread. But you do care. That's the thing. You do care when someone points holes in your online narrative. Don't pretend you don't. If you didn't, you wouldn't be here in the first place.
>>
https://letterboxd.com/milesmilesnoahn/
https://letterboxd.com/milesmilesnoahn/film/spider-man-homecoming/1/
>nu-male who likes Resident Evil, Moonlight, and Transformers

hmm
>>
File: NormanGodTier.jpg (459KB, 870x2687px) Image search: [Google]
NormanGodTier.jpg
459KB, 870x2687px
>>85011238
>>85011342
It's almost like the fucking film is about Spider-man before he actually fully becomes Spider-man you fucking idiots
He's god damn 15 years old still in fucking highschool
There's a lot to hate about the movie but the reasons you mentioned are absolutely retarded
>>
>>85011728
>I hate bullies and xenophobia. If you're a Neo-Nazi or Alt-Right of any sort, you will be blocked without hesitation.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 1500034021762.png (469KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
1500034021762.png
469KB, 1400x700px
>>85011728
>can't respond to the criticism, instead resort to insults
Marlels in a nutshell.
>>
>>85011734
By that logic, we should enjoy a film about 12-year old Peter Parker before he gets bitten by the spider, because "it's about Spider-Man before he becomes Spider-Man." Brilliant.

And by the way, the early comics had virtually all those elements from the get-go. That's what hooked readers from Day One. If Amazing Fantasy #15 had only had a "hint" of what Spidey was to become, it would've been both his first appearance and his last.
>>
>>85011734
lol

it deliberately skips over that stuff to him already being Spider-Man because they didn't want to "retread old ground". I guess it's okay for Tony to be Uncle Ben though.
>>
>>85011763
>I hate bullies and xenophobia. If you're a Neo-Nazi or Alt-Right of any sort, you will be blocked without hesitation.
don't block me bro
>>
Honestly i thought it was fine and enjoyable but it wasn't the character I love (and that's ok, it doesn't supercede the comics). But i was baffled by how positively it's been recieved. A lot of what OP has to say resonates with me but i guess it doesn't bother me nearly as much. To me this movie was like what Ultimate was trying to do for the character except it actually worked. I guess I'm sort of glad people liked it so much? They could easily have just given him one thing for there to be some heart to the character it felt that it relied on you having seen the Raimi films since it vehemently insisted on not treading ANY of the same ground which sadly would have been necessary to show us what Spider-Man's ideals or motivations are. like i said though, it's not that big of a deal to me. It's almost exactly like watching any of the lame modern spider-man cartoons except actually not bad. This movie literally CANNOT be compelling to anyone in any way besides a pulp, indulgent capacity though.

>>85011541
Filmmaking has been super fucking dead for a while now, at least in Hollywood
>>
File: file.png (51KB, 819x175px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
51KB, 819x175px
this guy is a fountain of taste
>>
>corporatized, overly-produced piece of modern-era junk.

What the fuck did you expect from capeshit? Could you really not tell from the trailer alone that it was just going to be more cookie-cutter garbage for braindead manchildren?
>>
Do you get this upset every time they make some inspid new Spider-Man cartoon? This is the same thing except they're aiming slightly higher...
>>
File: DCfags literally.png (1MB, 834x1142px) Image search: [Google]
DCfags literally.png
1MB, 834x1142px
>>
>>85012310
Why did his opinions make you so mad?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.