[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick, whats your favorite sci fi film i need something to watch now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: Sunshine_poster.jpg (18KB, 309x453px) Image search: [Google]
Sunshine_poster.jpg
18KB, 309x453px
Quick, whats your favorite sci fi film
i need something to watch now
>>
>>85007216
interstellar
>>
>>85007216
bladerunner i guess
>>
>>85007216
Babylon A.D.
>>
Pitch Black
>>
>>85007802
Came here to post this.
>>
>>85007216

what kind of sci fi do u prefer?
>>
Primer
>>
that runescape movie
>>
>>85007836
Imagine being that guy with a sea of shit for a career who did absolute kino starting out that no one remembers you for
>>
File: images (5).jpg (9KB, 220x227px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
9KB, 220x227px
>>85007933
Mfw
>>
Sunshine is more of a slasher film than sci-fi.

I would say Arrival.
>>
>>85007969
You would be wrong
>>
>>85007969
Or Contact, if you had taste.
>>
>>85008062
Wrong on taste for Arrival or my low opinion of Sunshine as a sci-fi movie. I stand behind that. I felt like they pulled a bait and switch there.
>>
>>85007216
>Smart people acting stupid: the movie

Sunshine was terrible. Almost "Life"-tier when it came to the characters making decisions.
>>
>>85008106
I don't mind the bait and switch, it's a damn epic movie. No I don't really like Arrival all that much, it's good but it feels like a step down from Sicario which in turn felt like a step down from Prisoners and Enemy which has me worried about Blade Runner, not that I care that much.
>>
Repo Man if you want bizarre irreverent humour.
>>
>>85008202
I would say Arrival is Villeneuve's best film. Just taken as a whole: soundtrack, narrative, pacing/direction. Prisoners is KINO but felt derviative of other works, which forces me to rank it below Arrival. Sicario, even more derivative, and honestly lacked character development or 'soul'. It just felt like some on rails shooter, moving set piece to set piece with a strong independent womyn at the forefront. Didn't really do the subject material justice. Real life Mexican drug war stories are more terrorizing than than Sicario's script. And that leaves us Enemy... Yeah. That's a troll/stoner movie. I purposefully watched it drunk, having been forewarned about how ludicrous it was. I was nodding off at the end, and it seemed obvious to my drunk mind what the twist was.
>>
File: 1491663896158.gif (941KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
1491663896158.gif
941KB, 627x502px
>>85007216
only right answer
>>
You have probably already scene everybody's favorite since they will all be well known movies. How about some lessor known movies like Moon.
>>
Solaris
>>
>>85008378
I would say the biggest problem with Blunt in Sicario is her character doesnt come off strong enough. She constantly telegraphs her emotions and whilst pretty operator she should be more ice man on the surface instead of questioning Josh Brolin every 5 minutes like some tagalomg npc. Enemy is great if you like that sort of thing, far more cohesive than say a Lynch movie or a Jodorowsky movie in terms of navigating it's "what does it all mean" territory
>>
>>85007933
all of the Riddick movies are good and the voice acting in the games is second to none.
>>
File: Solaris.png (3MB, 1920x808px) Image search: [Google]
Solaris.png
3MB, 1920x808px
>>85009911
I really hope thats Tarks work
>>
>>85010552
Chronicles is ok despite pg13 and Riddick is just a litty raunchy monster flick that's pretty fun but derivative of Pitch Black
>>
File: pandorum.jpg (108KB, 674x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pandorum.jpg
108KB, 674x1000px
>>85007216
Pandorum
>>
>>85010797
There is a prequel of pitch black that was aired on the scifi channel pre movie release.
Its on youtube and fun if you can watch it.
Claudia Black is in it huuuuuuuuggggggggggghhhh
>>
>>85007216
Fifth Element
>>
>>85011439
V A L E R I A N
A
L
E
R
I
A
N
>>
File: tom-cruise-oblivion_0[1].jpg (381KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tom-cruise-oblivion_0[1].jpg
381KB, 1920x1080px
>>85007216
Oblivion for it's soundtrack, visuals, reference to Chris Marker's "La Jetee" (why do I never see any critics mention this?). It's a romantic movie foremost though, the subject is not "how do we kick alien's asses" but what is being human, what is noble, what is love and how does it endure?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.