[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How has this not been cancelled?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Sunny.jpg (473KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sunny.jpg
473KB, 1280x720px
So I just got into this show recently.
I've been passing it up for years because I thought it was another generic sitcom, but holy shit this has been fun to watch.

How the hell has it stayed on air though?
They're constantly making fun of shit that would throw most other shows into immediate cancellation or get massive negative reaction from sjw types of people.
It's almost like no one watches the show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLAdCwk-jGU&ab_channel=churplol
>>
it still parodies and makes fun of hitler, theres no point where it says the nazi rhetoric is good. Much like all the other jokes in the show
>>
File: 1474356423179.png (955KB, 819x498px) Image search: [Google]
1474356423179.png
955KB, 819x498px
>tfw the only one who liked the first few seasons better than all of them
charlie and mac weren't retarded, there was no frank meme plot devices every ep, dennis wasn't autistic and dee wasn't a whiney bitch
>>
>>85006286
I get that they never take a stance, but even so I'm surprised they're able to touch on this stuff without backlash.
I mean the blackface episode for example would usually guarantee a shit ton of bad press, but they were able to pull it off without any hitches.
>>
Mac>Dennis>Charlie>Frank>Dee
>>
>>85006521
I'd make it Mac = Dennis, otherwise pretty good.
Dennis' freakouts are top tier though
>>
>>85006578
You know it's a great episode when Dennis is the straightman, his reactions when stupid shit or things he doesn't like happen are 10/10, Charlie is great when he is playing stupid but his straightman fucking sucks, and for some reason we are getting more and more of those episodes
>>
>>85006451
I also enjoy the earlier episodes, they had a nice hint of absurdity. Though watching everything get turned up to 11 is also fun, and it's also possible it prevented the show from getting stale.

It's pretty clear the show is just about reaching the end of its run if it hasn't already, so sad. But with potential for some actual development going forward (Charlie getting with the waitress, Dennis having a kid and potentially leaving the show), it would be a really nice touch if they sort of grounded the craziness as they ended it.
>>
one of my favorites too

i think it does in fact have a very large following, but for whatever reason it is not largely discussed. i dont find it offensive, it isnt any worse than south park or most R rated comedies
>>
>>85006457
It's on FX which is cable and not one of the major broadcast networks.
>>
>>85006521
Country Mac>City Mac
>>
>>85006722
charlie work was a 10/10 episode desu
>>
>>85006451
>first few
You mean the first?
>>
>>85005668

Because the characters aren't supposed to be good people or role models.
>>
>>85007346
I love Charlie Work.
>>
>>85005668
>that episode where they run an illegal sweat shop in the basement and thats literally the whole plot
>>
>>85006866
i feel like season 12 wasnt very good and any new seasons arent going to be getting any better. season 11 was the end
>>
they've turned more SJW in recent seasons in an effort to stay on air + they are the only show that rates on FXX

its basically over now though. everyone has other stuff going on and the show has passed its prime
>>
Cast isn't diverse enough on this show. When can a black love interest for the blonde girl join?
>>
>>85005668
Pretty sure they had to put on a bunch of black writers, which got them into even more trouble when they made that episode where they recognized their white privilege after being black for a day
>>
>>85005668
>How has this not been cancelled
It makes money
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.