[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Get Out (2017)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2017071514580701.jpg (304KB, 1440x1307px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017071514580701.jpg
304KB, 1440x1307px
Is it really deserving of being called the Greatest comedy of all time?
>>
Yes because only one of those flicks is anti-leftist and thus racist
>>
File: hilarious?.jpg (28KB, 444x240px) Image search: [Google]
hilarious?.jpg
28KB, 444x240px
It's too early to tell but it probably is deserving. Get Out is the greatest comedy of all time. It's a side-splitter and also really makes you think.
>>
I didn't see it.
>>
No. It's mediocre. Only thought of highly since muh niggers. Muh diversity. Muh interracial.
>>
>>85002532
You should! It's a great, funny film which everyone likes.
>>
>>85002941
Nah.
>>
>>85001050
no
it's a good, solid comedy but nowhere near being the best
>>
Whatever triggers you delicate snowflakes so I can watch you sperg out on this board, I approve. It's clearly the best comedy of all time.
>>
I saw Get Out and thought it was mediocre, but then I read some Internet articles and realised that was just my internalised racism speaking. It really is the greatest comedy of all time.
>>
File: Disgust.png (86KB, 200x325px) Image search: [Google]
Disgust.png
86KB, 200x325px
>>85002492

>he didn't get the ayy lmao joke in Life Of Brian

Star Wars was the capeshit of its time, infecting every studio in the late 70s and early 80s with this insatiable need to try and make lightning strike twice with a space opera universe of their own.

The aliens in LoB were every bit a pertinent commentary on this as the protagonist's internal struggle in Birdman.
>>
>>85001050
I don't see how Get Out is a comedy. It has funny scenes in it, but it's more of a thriller/horror movie.
>>
>>85004309
People who can't think for themselves know that Jordan Peele is a comedian, so they are under the impression that everything he will ever do is funny.
>>
>>85001050
Its a pretty decent horror movie, but I don't see it as a comedy
>>
Life of Brian is GOAT.

Get Out is just a movie with an interesting and presently relevant premise. The only comedy in the movie was the friend and he was comedy relief.
>>
>>85004863
>Life of Brian is GOAT.
I preferred Meaning of Life, but Brian is excellent.
>>
>>85001081
I don't see in a million years how economics have anything to do with racism. Also I don't think either of those movies have any anti-left-wing messages.

Fuck off.
>>
>>85004309
>>85004346
It's a satire film you retards
>>
>>85006138
Mm-hmm.
>>
>>85006138
Fuck off im still not watching it
>>
>>85001050
whart

ok if they wann argue greatest horror for pushing racial boundries fine but how was it funny

wtf
>>
>>85006232
What did you do to your typing apparatus?
>>
>>85001050
jesus christ how is it not consideres the most overrated movie of all time at this point. Even people that liked it didn't think it was funny
>>
>>85001050

((()))
>>
>>85006703
Hey, that resembles a vagina.
>>
>>85006703
this means literally nothing and you should feel embarrassed
>>
>>85007001

reddit is down the hall and to the left, friend
>>
>>85007161
>le reddit xD donald trump MAGA amirite xD xD
whatever
>>
>>85007190
all of the newest redditors are from r/donald so you're barking up the wrong tree
>>
>>85007246
you too
>>
This is the problem with the push for diversity in Hollywood.

You can never accept any film on its critical reception now. You have to second guess ulterior motives that may be in play.
>>
>>85001050
Get Out blends genres successfully but classifying it as a comedy feels misleading
>>
I'm more worried that people look at the Tomatometer as some bastion for objective opinion -- it's not even the Avg. Rating; it's just an amalgam of Rotten or Fresh ratings.
>>
>rich white people wanting to be poor black people

Definitely a comedy.
>>
https://vid.me/wda3

Long but very accurate breakdown of this movie and why it was so successful,

Spoiler alert: It's shit
>>
>>85001050
This makes me p angry.
>>
It's only the #1 comedy because one of the primary tags is probably comedy, and it has the highest tomatometer score under that, probabl.
>>
>>85001050
It was a good movie, but no. There's going to be idiots who go overboard about it (for SJW reasons), and it will unfortunately cause other idiots to lash out at this movie even existing.
>>
>>85007646
>getting your opinions from the meme man himself

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>85007646
This was way more entertaining than the movie.
>>
My black friend once told me "black people don't like pictures taken of them without asking"

Was that why they always went mental from the camera flash? Is that supposed to be a part of the joke?
>>
>>85006090
>I don't think either of those movies have any anti-left-wing messages

The film pokes fun at revolutionary groups and 1970s British left-wing politics. "What the film does do is place modern stereotypes in a historical setting, which enables it to indulge in a number of sharp digs, particularly at trade unionists and guerilla organisations".[31] The groups in the film all oppose the Roman occupation of Judea, but fall into the familiar pattern of intense competition among factions that appears, to an outsider, to be over ideological distinctions so small as to be invisible, thus portraying the phenomenon of the narcissism of small differences.[32] Michael Palin says that the various separatist movements were modelled on "modern resistance groups, all with obscure acronyms which they can never remember and their conflicting agendas".[33]

The People's Front of Judea, composed of the Pythons' characters, harangue their "rivals" with cries of "splitters" and stand vehemently opposed to the Judean People's Front, the Campaign for a Free Galilee, and the Judean Popular People's Front (the last composed of a single old man,[34] mocking the size of real revolutionary Trotskyist factions). The infighting among revolutionary organisations is demonstrated most dramatically when the PFJ attempts to kidnap Pontius Pilate's wife, but encounters agents of the Campaign for a Free Galilee, and the two factions begin a violent brawl over which of them conceived of the plan first. When Brian exhorts them to cease their fighting to struggle "against the common enemy," the revolutionaries stop and cry in unison, "the Judean People's Front!" However, they soon resume their fighting and, with two Roman legionaries watching bemusedly, continue until Brian is left the only survivor, at which point he is captured.
>>
>>85001050
It sucks!
>>
>>85012297
Other scenes have the freedom fighters wasting time in debate, with one of the debated items being that they should not waste their time debating so much. There is also a famous scene in which Reg gives a revolutionary speech asking, "What have the Romans ever done for us?" at which point the listeners outline all forms of positive aspects of the Roman occupation such as sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, public health and peace, followed by "what have the Romans ever done for us except sanitation, medicine, education...". Python biographer George Perry notes, "The People's Liberation Front of Judea conducts its meetings as though they have been convened by a group of shop stewards".[35]
>>
>>85001050
I watched it yesterday and I was wondering why everybody was talking about it. Nothing outsanding really.

It would have been better if the story was somewhat believable. The suspension of disbelief broke as soon as the main character discovers the truth.

The parents repetively using their triple A daughter as bait to capture black males is something no real parents would do. Who would want a loosen up BLACKED bitch as a wife ? Nice way to fuck her up. Using unrelated whores like in Hostel would have been much more believable.

And brain surgery in the basement with a single doc and his son ? Good luck with that.

Whole second half of the movie is like that. Lazy scenario at best.
>>
No. The comedy wasn't the focus
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.