[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Hero Bubble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

Are Superhero flicks the next Western, Noir or Creature Feature

By that I mean a genre of film that defines a decade and is massively popular. Then the bubble pops and the genre dies entirely.
If so I hope it pops soon cause I am sick to death of these.
>>
>Are Superhero flicks the next Western, Noir or Creature Feature
Pretty much, except capeshit has produced pretty much nothing that's worth seeing and is actively contributing to the death of cinema
>>
>>84995676
no because superheros have been popular for decades. when the bubble bursts there gonna be less capeshit being made but i dont see it dying in my lifetime like westerns. also check em
>>
>>84995820
Westerns and Noir were both popular for decades too
>>
>>84995676
So...who is forcing you to watch them?
>>
>>84995871
Found the capeshitter
>>
>>84995912
Explain
>>
>>84995737
> capeshit has produced pretty much nothing that's worth seeing
> Superman
> The Dark Knight
> Logan
> Spider-Man
> Spider-Man 2
> The Incredibles
> The Winter Soldier
> Batman
> Batman Returns
> Iron Man
>>
File: laughter.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
laughter.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>84996004
Jesus christ you're a pleb.
>>
>>84996081
>The Dark Knight
>Batman Begins
>Iron Man
>Avengers
>Winter Solider
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Infinity War (which will be a cinematic event unlike any other)

These will be films that our kids will grow up watching and will ask us questions about. How we view Noir now is how these films will be remembered and treated in terms of respect and art.
>>
>>84996192
Yeah, now you're just baiting.
>>
>>84996353
No, I'm serious. These films are highlights each year they are released. An event like Infinity War will never be reached again and people 30 - 40 years from now will look back at it in wonder.
>>
>>84996714
They're all popcorn blockbuster garbage, anon. Get some taste
>>
>>84995676
You mean musicals.
>Large budgets
>Niche market that caught on big
>High popularity followed by disinterest
Don't worry the collapse is coming after Avengers 4.
>>
>>84996796
18 movies leading up to one huge blockbuster is something that won't happen for a very long time.
>>
>>84996796
Building an entire cinematic universe for 10 years with many characters getting their own films and then makin two gigantic films with all of the characters is unprecedented. Infinity War could possibly knock Avatar out of first place. It's a wonder to see something like that in cinema.

People will still be impressed, especially kids and teenagers, years from now.
>>
>>84997590
wot

the Universal monster movies were in one universe and had dozens of crossovers

Its the same thing
>>
>>84997590
You're watching films for all the wrong reasons
>>
>>84997679
There were not 18 films with plots revolving around each other with a gigantic end goal with the Monster Universe though.

Obviously Godzilla had a Universe as well but none are on a scale with the MCU
>>
>>84998061
So what

Just because they have a lot of movies doesnt make it good

In fact it will make it totally inaccessible to future generations. No kid in the future is gonna want to watch 18 mediocre movies to see one good movie.
>>
>>84998232
Maybe it's just me but it's fun to watch stuff like that. It's like watching a puzzle build itself into one final picture.

If Infinity War crosses 2 billion then it will be marked in the history books.
>>
>>84996192
(You)
>>
>>84995676
>01 BLACK PANTHER – FEBRUARY 16, 2018
>02 NEW MUTANTS – APRIL 13, 2018
>03 AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR – MAY 4, 2018
>04 DEADPOOL 2 – JUNE 1, 2018
>05 THE INCREDIBLES 2: JUNE 15, 2018
>06 ANT-MAN AND THE WASP– JULY 6, 2018
>07 VENOM – OCTOBER 5, 2018
>08 X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX – NOVEMBER 2ND, 2018
>09 ANIMATED SPIDER-MAN MOVIE – DECEMBER 21, 2018
>10 AQUAMAN– DECEMBER 21, 2018

What a year...
http://screenrant.com/superhero-movies-2018-marvel-dc/
>>
File: Kornheiser_Why.jpg (23KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
Kornheiser_Why.jpg
23KB, 288x499px
>>84999053
>>
>>84995676
Is it even a bubble at this point? They've dominated since they were first made. Only difference now is Hollywood realized the optimal amount of capeshit flicks they can produce every year.
>>
>>84999053
Still not quite 1 a month. We are at least a couple years away from peak capeshit
>>
>>84999053
X-Men: Dark Phoenix and Infinity War are my most hyped cinema pieces of 2018
>>
>>84999306
>X-Men: Dark Phoenix
>wanting this shit after the last shitshow
>JLaw renewed her contract after not wanting to be there for the last two
>>
>>84999349
>More McAvoy
>More Fassbender
>Sophie Turner being an evil bitch
>X-Men finally in space
>Cyclops actually has a comic accurate outfit

I'm there opening night.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.