[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It Comes at Night

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: it-comes-at-night-poster.jpg (281KB, 1280x1897px) Image search: [Google]
it-comes-at-night-poster.jpg
281KB, 1280x1897px
Now that the dust has settled, what did /tv/ think about this film?

Even though it was in no way perfect, watching It Comes at Night felt very refreshing - quite similar experience to VVitch.
Also, half the fun is going to IMDB reviews for the film and sorting by "Hated it". Maybe it was marketed as a basic monster/horror movie in the US, I wouldn't know, but it triggered an exceptional amount of plebs.
>>
I dont see this movie available anywhere online.
>>
>>84992973
Maybe you must support your local theater then.
Just keep in mind the "no singles policy" when you go
>>
>>84992881
saw it yesterday, just 4 of us in the cinema, as soon as it finished one person just says
>'well that was a load of shit!'

I thought it was good. nothing more, nothing less
>>
I loved it. Can't stand the people calling it shit because they didn't get some shitty Netflix-tier big twist or scary monster at the end.
>>
If we're comparing it to the Witch, the Witch was much better. ICAN's plot was all over the place and it couldn't decide what it wanted to be and in what direction it wanted to go. There's merit to arguing that real life doesn't offer clean stories but this movie doesn't do mysterious very well and just ends up feeling unfocused because of the above. The ending also has this issue.

The bait and switch marketing (in the US) was also a lot worse than the Witch and it's stupid to dismiss people annoyed at it as "plebs". Again, it's possible to market a movie as something different to surprise people, and yet again this movie just feels like it's going through the motions rather than actually doing it for any reason.

That said I don't think the movie is bad really. I enjoyed it for most of its runtime. It's not something I would want to watch again though.

Also not really related to the movie itself but when I saw it in theatres the sound was pretty quiet and could have been louder. This is the only time I've had this issue when going to the movie theatre.
>>
>>84993127
I thought it was shit when it ended as well. I felt differently about it the day after.

I also loved how they made the diversity in the film a non-issue. The fact that the kid was an interracial child was seen as a normal occurance. Of course, the movie was based in 2150.
>>
>>84992881
it was fine for an isolation paranoia drama.

the marketing zionists did a great job selling a movie that wasn't made
>>
I bet "it" was the trees after all
>>
>>84992881
Probably my favorite movie of the year so far. Yes, the ending was quite abrupt but that was really all we needed. I loved it.
>>
I thought it was a movie about nothing. I left bored and immediately texted my sister that this is not a horror movie. This is slow, boring, drama. Looks good, but pointless. I'm not a person that needs constant action, and I appreciate good acting, directing, and writing. But, a boring story, is a boring story. To keep it in context, I felt the same about the VVitch movie. Everyone has different opinions tho. :)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.