[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aladdin cast announced, Will Smith confirmed to play the Genie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: will-smith1.jpg (25KB, 446x299px) Image search: [Google]
will-smith1.jpg
25KB, 446x299px
>Will Smith has been confirmed as the Genie in the live-action reboot of Aladdin.

>The 48-year-old Hollywood legend's casting was announced at Disney's D23 Expo in California on Saturday, where it was also revealed that Naomi Scott, 24, will portray Princess Jasmine and newcomer Mena Massoud has been announced as Aladdin.

>British star Naomi is best known for her role in the recent Power Rangers reboot while Egyptian-born, Canada-bred Mena is set to star in the upcoming Jack Ryan television series.

>It's not yet known who will portray villainous Jafar, though Peaky Blinders star Tom Hardy is said to be in the running as director Guy Ritchie is said to be a big fan of the 39-year-old hunk.
>>
It's the role he was born to play.
>>
>>84991380
>Never Had A Friend Like Me will be a shitty rap
>it's not even going to be one of the catchy ones like MIB or WWW, it'll be more like MIB 2

Fuck this Earth. I WANT OUT
>>
Tom Hardy as Jafar is quite frankly genius,
>>
>a white guy playing Jafar

I fucking knew it
>>
>>84991701
It's not whitewashing when it's the villain.
>>
is this why Robin Williams killed himself?
>>
AWW HELL NAW I DON'T BELEE DIS
>>
>more happy negro being a happy negro
yes
>>
>Pic related is not Princess Jasmine
>>
File: 1498532012597.jpg (12KB, 320x449px) Image search: [Google]
1498532012597.jpg
12KB, 320x449px
Robin Williams died for this?
>>
>>84991852
Moner? More like gives me a Boner.
>>
>>84991380
>they wanted a happy energetic black guy to sing in multiple voices
>didn't get my nigga Wayne Brady
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPkmlhg8r3k

Just fucking nuke Disney
>>
File: 6tD3rVR_d (1).jpg (43KB, 640x348px) Image search: [Google]
6tD3rVR_d (1).jpg
43KB, 640x348px
>>84991894
Better than having a spic or a mudslime poo in loo play him.
>>
ayo
>>
File: 1496104925255.jpg (86KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
1496104925255.jpg
86KB, 800x534px
Isa giv ya three wishes, suh. I'm wut they call thuh magical negro.
>>
>>84991380
>Live action Disney remake
>Will Smith

Billion dollars at least, calling it right fucking now
>>
>>84991380
Learn to use the catalog you disgusting newcunt.
>>
>>84992079
>jamal actually believes this
>>
>>84991723
You can already see hwo it's going to play out though

>white land owner corrupting the sultan putting down all the little immigrants and colored people
>flea infested trans immigrant boy standing up to white man!
>fridge Jasmine completely clothed to hide her no curves
>>
I'll be comparing him to robin williams in every line, and he will lose
>>
>>84992139
This is L I T E R A L L Y the only active thread on /tv/ to use the word 'Aladdin'. Making jokey little threads referring to Will Smith being genie does not aid discussion on a board.
>>
>>84992139
You are autistic.
>>
>>84992201
>fridge Jasmine completely clothed to hide her no curves
This is the saddest thing about the whole ordeal. She'll dress conservately and "fitting the time".
>>
>>84992254
This as well, he won't go into those threads and point out that they're shitposting though. Likely he's the OP of one of those other threads and REEEEing about losing some (You)s.
>>
>>84991380
Why doesnt Shaq play the genie, he has experience.
>>
Since it's live action, will Will go blueface?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (31KB, 445x457px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
31KB, 445x457px
>hey Al can ya make me a sandwich
>no
>NO MORE WISHES AL
>>
So who's gonna play/voice the monkey? Chris Rock?
>>
>>84992416
Andy Serkis
>>
>>84991380
NOW HOL UP
SO WHAT YOU DONE SAYIN'
*smacks lips*
IS WE SOME KINDA
MAAAGIICCC LAAAAMMPPP'N SHIIEEET!?
>>
I think the two leads look pretty good. Would they really not get shit for casting Tom Hardy as Jafar though? I know they wouldn't dare do brownface, I guess they'd have to change his character completely? Jafar was a high-ranking official, they'd have to come up with some hokey explanation as to why he was a white dude.
>>
>>84992060
>Wayne Brady

Reddit is that way you fucking worthless faggot>
>>
File: bluepopo.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bluepopo.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
Will he be blue?
>>
>>84991380

Good casting overall. Hope Will Smith doesn't use his usual "black" humour for the genie. "AY YO THIS BE SOME REAL SHIT"
>>
>>84994188
>you want wishes? what i am your slave al?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.