[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could a DOOM film work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

Well, could it /tv/? Make him a warrior king who wants to take over the world while being a Sorcerer/Mad Scientist who talks in the 3rd person. Make him a grey character defined by his past and thirst for power. Make the demons and hell """Lovecraftian"""". The setting gothic and miserable. It could work.

>inb4 /co/

I was banned. So you'll have to put up with me.
>>
disney made Maleficient work, even thought I didn't see it
but isn't Doom pure evil? he has no redeeming qualities besides world domination, so no
>>
>>84991339
Doom is too much of a badass. Also, don't ruin a good guy with a capeshit production.
>>
>>84992085
Doom is not evil. He's just an arrogant, powerful asshole. The nation he rules is the least corrupt in the entire marvel universe, and all of his subjects, even the poorest of the poor, love him. And he doesn't even have to lie to them or use propaganda like the Norks.
>>
They will never make a movie where the villain is right.
>>
File: doom.jpg (62KB, 300x443px) Image search: [Google]
doom.jpg
62KB, 300x443px
>>84991339

But Doom kino already exists?
>>
>>84992299
My thoughts exactly. There's lso the Rock starring in it, which means #litty lino.
>>
>>84992472
*kino
>>
>>84992085
Doom isn't pure evil.
>>
The fuck you talking about. All they need to do is put some research base on Mars and they open up some portal shit with a "recruit," just arriving. Then having to deal with the demons coming out of it. The Rock ruined the Doom name though.
>>
>>84991339

Yes, it would be great, he's basically a Batman style ubermensch, a human in a world of superhumans who makes himself as tough as them through sheer will and knowledge, but having given into the fascist tendencies of this outlook.

I don't know why they don't make more movies in general from the point of view of villains other than crime dramas and shitty horror movies.
>>
File: doom a.jpg (64KB, 730x410px) Image search: [Google]
doom a.jpg
64KB, 730x410px
The rest is empty with no brain but the clever nerd
The best emcee with no chain ya ever heard
>>
>>84992693
>>
File: josip-broz-tito.jpg (59KB, 724x489px) Image search: [Google]
josip-broz-tito.jpg
59KB, 724x489px
Latveria is the Carpathian sector of Yugoslavia proper. And Josip Broz Tito, FIY, is Victor. Von. Doom. Dressed up in a monarchic reversal, and sure, given the only ethnic identity any American ever heard of from the region (gypsy), but these flips are merely details of this very device. We have a “bad kind” of government, somewhere in the confusing web of Balkan byways never explained in history classes, run by a dictator, the very bugaboo of U.S. rhetoric (overlooking its friend Franco, just for perspective), contemptuous of the U.S. and NATO, all but stating outright that they’re Nazi successors, and yet fiercely steadfast against the Soviet Union, thus by no stretch of the imagination included in the Great Foe. It’s the Third Way all over – specifically, not yours, Yankee.
>>
>>84992508
I prefer lino
>>
File: 1448935878458.jpg (433KB, 1023x1423px) Image search: [Google]
1448935878458.jpg
433KB, 1023x1423px
>>
Comic books are retarded. Don't post here anymore OP
>>
>>84992783
mf kino
>>
File: drs strange and doom 00.jpg (475KB, 1176x1600px) Image search: [Google]
drs strange and doom 00.jpg
475KB, 1176x1600px
>>84992253
He would not be a villain in his movie..

Triumph & Torment
>>
Make a movie about him taking back his homeland, seems like a no brainier to me
>>
>>84992250
Because anyone that breaks the rules is immediately gets the death penalty. Having one person dictate the law of the land is problematic in the long run

this is all comic book shit anyway so not like it matters
>>
doom fighting his way through hell for his gypsy skank mothers soul would be kino
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.