[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just saw the pilot yesterday is this show great?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: FX+The+Shield+emblematic[1].jpg (57KB, 464x312px) Image search: [Google]
FX+The+Shield+emblematic[1].jpg
57KB, 464x312px
just saw the pilot yesterday

is this show great?
>>
>>84989115
Yes it is, and the pilot is one of the worst episodes. The Shield will always have a big place in my heart 2bh.

Also Based Dutch!
>>
>>84989115
It is great but the pilot has issues: They use generic tense cop show music in a few scenes for starters. That is virtually gone in the next episode.

Keep watching. You will get hooked sooner or later, the characters are infectious.
>>
Been thinking of watching this now that I've finished The Wire, Sopranos, and Justified. How does it compare to those?
>>
>>84989190
More Justified, less The Wire.
>>
>>84989141
>>84989148
yeah the pilot was a little weird for me, seemed like another carbon copy CSI-style police procedural

>>84989190
exact same my man, i was debating between watching this or rewatching the sopranos first since i havent seen it in like 7 years
>>
>>84989212
This, but instead of losing momentum as the series goes on like Justified, it actually keeps getting better until the finale.
>>
I want to watch this but the low quality look just turns me off.
>>
Also, am I wrong in thinking Michael Chiklis looks like a bobblehead? His head looks ridiculously huge

>>84989270
do you mean low quality as in like, standard definition?

it's a cable show from the early to mid 2000s, come on man
>>
It really is a good show and it has a great ending unlike 99% of shows that go on for that long. The only really horrible decision they made was letting chiklis daughter play his daughter on the show, she is terrible even for a child actor
>>
>>84989115
7 > 5 > 2 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 1
>>
>>84989212
>>84989238
Thanks for the info, this has sold me on it and it will be my next series
>>84989213
We can be shield virgins watching it for the first time together anon
>>
>>84989238
Sure, if you're retarded.

In reality the series shits itself and dies at the money train and all drama from that point on is completely forced and artificial. Their attempts at salvaging the show just coming off as increasingly moronic until it ends the only way it could have ever ended, a trajectory that's obvious from the first episode.

Fact is, increasing praise of the shield on /tv/ was called about a decade ago. As its a plebbier version of the wire, specifically built around all the idiotic themes and formulas the wire got so much prestige for actively rejecting. So as the board gets filled with people with progressively worse taste, the shield will come to be more widely held, on the board, as not only remotely good, but best ever.

Next we'll move on to people unironically praising CSI.
>>
>>84989526
No one ITT has called it "best ever".

You are in every Shield thread and you are a cunt.
>>
>>84989526
Good post. Years back I tried watching The Shield because I liked The Wire.
The characters are shittier, the cinematography is shittier, and cliches are around every corner - I almost thought that the cliched and predictable nature of The Shield was a joke at first and that it would soon be discarded and turn into good TV (since it was so praised)... but no ITS TRASH.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.