[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what point did you drop the main story arc?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

At what point did you drop the main story arc?
>>
>>84982055
season 6
>>
>>84982055
dunno lmao
>>
File: Gethsemane.gif (1MB, 367x244px) Image search: [Google]
Gethsemane.gif
1MB, 367x244px
>>84982055
pic related
>>
>>84982190
this
>>
>>84982055
probably around mulders sister being a clone on a farm
i dont know. i barely remember the main story
>>
When they moved the set from Vancouver the quality plummeted
>>
>>84982055
The stories about monsters and shit with shifty makeup
>>
File: douchovny.gif (32KB, 310x200px) Image search: [Google]
douchovny.gif
32KB, 310x200px
>>84982055
> bunch of random bait and foreshadowing stitched together as they went along
> "main plot"
>>
After the first episode. This show is boring!
>>
>>84982055
first season scully is underrated

truly his prime
>>
>>84982055
I want to kiss her face multiple times and pinch her chubby cheeks
>>
>>84982055
When they started having Skinner episodes
>>
>>84982316
Yeah.

>tfw you realise Duchovny permanently ruined the X-files' legacy
>>
>>84982055
Season 8, Episode 1
>>
File: Why.jpg (73KB, 600x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Why.jpg
73KB, 600x1040px
>>84984802
> I want to move back to L.A! You said we could move back to L.A. after 5 years!
[moves the entire show to L.A. ruining its appearance in the process]
> I'm tired being on this show, write me out!
>>
>>84984732

Skinner episodes are great.
>>
File: FbZJ76l.jpg (55KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
FbZJ76l.jpg
55KB, 639x480px
>>84984732
nice try roastie
>>
shit was so incoherent that I don't even remember what actually happened to Mulder's sister in the end.
>>
>>84985496
They did one episode where she was kidnapped by CSM for testing by the aliens, then returned and tested more, and, to save her from the suffering, a bunch of wood nymphs took her to live as a fair in the forest forever.
>>
>>84982055
I watched every episode

I stop giving a fuck after the first movie though

The one where Samantha Mulder turned out to be Space Ghost still managed to infuriate me though
>>
File: comrade-krycek.jpg (37KB, 407x550px) Image search: [Google]
comrade-krycek.jpg
37KB, 407x550px
>>84982055
After they killed based Krycek.
>>
>>84985704
>tfw no Krycek clone in season 10
>>
>>84985704
>he thinks Krycek is dead
>>
>>84985704
>>84985797
>>84985824
Whatever happened to that Blonde UN lady

I remember she was infected and tortured then never showed up again, she ded too?
>>
>>84985824
>he doesnt remember the force ghost of krycek in the final episode of s9
>>
>>84985895
He was psychically projecting his image to Mulder

he gained the ability to astral project and got other mental powers by giving himself a blood transfusion from Gibson Praise

Chris Carter give me a job plz
>>
I didn't, watched it the whole way through

people that only watch motw episodes are scum
>>
How many times has CSM died now?

He was shot by the Cabal
Pushed down the stairs by Krycek
and blown up by a missile at point blank range
Also he has had terminal cancer since season 2
>>
>>84982055
>main story arc
What was it?
>>
>>84986273
I have watched X-files three times and I couldnt tell you

-Aliens may or may not be invading (They have said aliens dont exist like 3 times and its all the cabal)
-There is a civil war between some aliens and some aliens without faces (and if you shoot aliens they spray green poison or something)
-There are also alien bounty hunters
-Samatha is a alien hybrid and was cloned a lot
-But the real Samatha was taken by "Starlings" and is a space ghost
-Russia has some black goo or something that the aliens use to infect people (not sure how the goo is related to the alien civil war or bounty hunters at all)
-Everyone has alien DNA in them because of polio vaccines
-The Cabal uses Bees or something because Bees have alien power or some shit
-The Cabal also made alien human hybrid super soldiers who are weak to rocks
-There is a psychic kid who can take down the cabal or something and is part alien?? (even though everyone is part alien)
-The alien DNA everyone has can be triggered to genocide the human population

Im probably missing a lot of points too
>>
>>84982316
this. the spooky atmosphere was gone
>>
I didn't. Watching only for the Monster of the Week episodes is Reddit as fuck.
http://www.themareks.com/xf/conspiracy.shtml
>>
>>84982316
Picked up in season 8 though only to crash and burn fucking hard on season 9
>>
>>84985581
They already lost their way after the Syndicate was gone, but this is when they totally dropped the ball.
>>
>>84987693
>>84985581

This was partly Duchovnys fault again

He was sick of the Samantha arc and doing the "big brother acting" so demanded they end it ASAP

I dont know why the writers chose the most retarded way humanly possible to end it though
>>
>>84982383
>> bunch of random bait and foreshadowing stitched together as they went along
I actually liked it this way. They fucked up every time they actually tried to make sense of it. It's so much more fun to be in the dark, and only get glimpses of what's really going on.
>>
>>84987762
They should've let it open and make Samantha the ultimate X-File, adding Mulder's own to it after he got abducted and make it some sort of legacy thing that could either give way to keep the show going, or leave it open in a "truth is out there" kinda way.
>>
I legit love season 10.
>>
>>84987912
I wouldn't say I loved it, but I expected it to be much, much worse.
Episodes 2-4 were as good as anything in their best seasons, with episode 3 being a GOAT. Episodes 1 & 6 were typical post-movie mythology, with some interesting bits and a bunch of nonsense, but they weren't that bad (I'll never get people complaining about it ending in a cliffhanger, it's as if they've never watched the X-Files before).
Only episode 5 was completely awful.
>>
>>84988039
>completely awful
Bullshit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USGVaGfxnC4
>>
When is the new season coming out? I want to see what happens after the cliffhanger
>>
>>84988095
That was overlong, unnecessary and absolutely awful. That's the kinda thing I was afraid they were gonna do in the revival, all that self-aware shit they tend to do when they try to bring something back, so they can look cool for the kids. I was so glad it was only kept into a single episode that I can just skip and pretend it never happened.
>>
>>84988164
The X Files had been self-aware from pretty much the second season onwards. It fits right in with the other out-there stuff the series had done.
>>
>>84988106
There are two options

A. Mulder and Scully get closure with William and learn some kind of truth and retire.

Then those shitty Scully and Mulder clones from S10 take over the show

or B. another cliffhanger
>>
>>84988287
I'd rather have cliffhangers forever. I hate the new crew, and Mulder and Scully are still too young to retire.
>>
>>84988287
>implying William isn't piloting the ship and instead of blowing them up he picks them up.
>>
>>84988275
Not in the style of that scene, that came out of nowhere, and had jack shit to do with the rest of the episode.
>>
>>84988287
>Then those shitty Scully and Mulder clones from S10 take over the show
Plz no
>>
>>84982055
She had that rare kind of beauty which makes you just want to stare at someone.
>>
>>84988456
>and had jack shit to do with the rest of the episode.
Yes it did - Mulder solves the case by being told the location of the other terrorists by the coma guy in the hallucination.
>>
File: scully.png (176KB, 313x357px) Image search: [Google]
scully.png
176KB, 313x357px
I want to fuck milf scully.
>>
>>84982055
This show should have consisted entirely of monster of the week episodes. The main story was always a tedious bore.
>>
>>84989127
See >>84987445
>>
>>84988275
The X-Files being self-aware only worked when Darin Morgan was writing the script. The problem was every other writer, especially Chris Carter, then wanted to do a script like that and they mostly failed.
>>
>>84982055
when scully got preggo, really killed the show
>>
>>84987785
agreed. same goes for stranger things. when they tried to explain you ended up with really incoherent mess. S1 and Mulder checking his watches for lost minutes were the best.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.