[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hollywood accounting (also known as Hollywood bookkeeping) the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: hollywood accounting.jpg (275KB, 1400x875px) Image search: [Google]
hollywood accounting.jpg
275KB, 1400x875px
Hollywood accounting
(also known as Hollywood bookkeeping) the opaque or creative accounting methods used by the film, video, and television industry to budget and record profits for film projects.
(((Thought's)))
>>
>>84962869

Because most of the box office of these films comes from China. But to get your film released in Chinese cinema you have to pay the Chinese government something insane like 95% of anything it makes.
>>
File: ha ha.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ha ha.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
>>84962949
It even has a WIKI page.
According to Lucasfilm, Return of the Jedi, despite having earned $475 million at the box office against a budget of $32.5 million, "has never gone into profit"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting
Keiser Report: Hollywood Accounting (E377)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0SruPRXceg
>>
wtf i hate jews now
>>
how many times will we have this thread
read 'The Hollywood Economist'.
it's not rocket science.
in-studio distributors (P&A) charge the production company (a one-off company) whatever they need to zero out the net-net so net players don't get a payout.
>>
that's how the free market works you commieshit
>>
Hollywood is fucking corrupt as fuck.
They have drugs to scam you
They have degenerate sex for sale (children,etc)
They try to blackmail you or discover everyone you ever slept with drug/persuade them to bring up a lawsuit against you
They have a culture of peer pressure to get you into these things and once you are hooked its almost impossible to get out
>>
>>84963765

This.

https://youtu.be/XcidYlLOEdM
>>
>>84963765
And yet you, I and probably most of us would gladly work within their confines were we able to do so. May I suggest go to a questionable party. Don'ot do anything illegal yourself but be there and let them know you were there so that if something illegal went down they would believe they have you in some sort of bind, that way they'll have something on you that you could live with instead of having someone drug you with essence of Cosby and the next thing you know you're being spit roasted by a a trio of negroes.
>>
>>84963647
except Downey got PAID his points
>>
>>84964113
He smartly got points on BO GROSS, not profit. Only fools go for profit.
>>
>>84964155
Who the fuck takes points on the net? Any agent/manager worth their weight knows that it's a suckers game
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.