[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kathleen Kennedy said new spin off announcement by end of June

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 13

File: Kathleen-Kennedy-jenner.jpg (149KB, 2400x1349px) Image search: [Google]
Kathleen-Kennedy-jenner.jpg
149KB, 2400x1349px
We're mid-July, still nothing. What went wrong?
>>
>>84951551
She realised pushing female leads on everything won't work after a while so they need to rethink
>>
File: 1499330501442.jpg (132KB, 399x1108px)
1499330501442.jpg
132KB, 399x1108px
>>84951551
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>84951601
But Wonder Woman was a recent, massive success.
>>
>>84951776
Wonder Woman is a super heroine, Disney still understand Marvel cuperheroes and Star Wars are two different genres.
>>
>>84951776
How do you 'push' a female lead into Wonder Woman when the main character is already female?

Recent Star Wars films have pushed female leads whereas the previous six films have all had male leads and a predominately male audience.
>>
>>84951601
Why would she think that? Both movies so far have done great
>>
>>84952234
Yes but is it because of the movies themselves or because of the hype generated by George Lucas movies?. And I think after firing the Han Solo directors, they decided to wait before announcing anything.
>>
>>84951618
>text not centered
this is how I knew it was shooped desu
>>
Killed Carrie Fischer; couldn't protect Princess Leia from herself, even though she had trainers to get her in shape for these films.

No Han and Luke reconnect scene in new films.

Fired the Lego directors early in their shoot.

Reshot all of Rogue One w/ different filmmakers (still had no memorable characters).

Just remade episode 4.

Can't wait for episode 8.
>>
>>84952713
>Fired Michael Arndt and George Lucas on Force Awakens, replaced by JJ Abrams & Kasdan
>>
File: JUST REHASH MY SHIT UP.png (1MB, 1920x948px) Image search: [Google]
JUST REHASH MY SHIT UP.png
1MB, 1920x948px
>>84952713
enjoy your next boardroom directed remake
>>
>>84951551
>went wrong

That implies things were going "right" at some point.

There is no point to any of these spin-offs, they're basically prequels in a time where we as a society have said "no thanks to any more of that."

Also firing and replacing them Han Solo directors probably took some time. Also the part where they don't even have any more ideas.
>>
>>84952899
You know what's more worrying than Han Solo and Rogue One reshoots? The fact that TLJ won't have and it is making Disney execs pleased on first attempt.
>>
>>84952899
Does that ground look better in motion? Because it looks embarrassingly bad in a still image.
>>
>>84951551
>What went wrong?
Your reading comprehension.

>We haven’t identified [the story yet] yet. We have a couple of things right now that we’re circling, and we’ll make a decision between the two pretty shortly. It’s probably for 2020, and we will make a decision by June.

Basically only said they'd make an internal decision by the end of the month, nothing about when there'd be a public announcement.
>>
>>84951551
>What went wrong?

The Han Solo debacle.
>>
>>84953799
It's like the guys behind the CGI aren't even passionate about working on a SW movie. After TFA, everyone knows it's just another dumb blockbuster like Transformers. Imagine the the guys who animate those robots. Do you think they feel like they're participating in something big or just another day at their job?
>>
File: fite.jpg (33KB, 588x317px) Image search: [Google]
fite.jpg
33KB, 588x317px
who would win in a fight?
>>
File: 1311410199043.jpg (23KB, 190x179px) Image search: [Google]
1311410199043.jpg
23KB, 190x179px
>>84951601
What do you mean it "won't work"

How many billions did Rogue One and TFA make again? And how many additional billions in merchandise?
>>
>>84954260
She would shoot first, once he turned his back on her
>>
>>84954331
Well Rogue One did half of what TFA made, and a lot of casual fans thought it was a sequel to TFA. But then agian, if these movies didn't have the Millenium Falcon, Tie Fighters,X-Wings, Destroyers, AT-ATs, sandy planets. How much would they make?
As for the merchandise, we don't know how much but reports are saying the figurines aren't selling like it used to.
>>
>>84952855
>>Fired Michael Arndt and George Lucas on Force Awakens
Does anyone know what their plans were for TFA?
>>
>>84954548
iirc George Lucas wanted the sequels to be set a long. long time after the original trilogy featuring a young new cast
>>
>>84954623
Do you read what' you're typing? How is it different from the TFA they made? It wasn't a long long time, it's George that brought back the old cast so it was about 30 years after ROTJ. The reason they fired him is because he had a new story, and they wanted to do a lazy rehahs with a female lead because the corporate tolls calculated that it would make the fastest and easiest cash.
>>
Expect an announcement tomorrow. D23 is this weekend.
>>
I haven't been happy about a Star Wars announcement since fucking forever ago. It's just bad news and more bad news. I just want it to stop. Star Wars isn't fun anymore.
>>
>>84951551
is that kylie jenner?
>>
>>84951618
Can woman just have something for once? Why does anything need to be about men? It's our turn to have Star Wars now. Star Wars has been about boys for the past 50 years. Is it so wrong that we have something about us for a change?
>>
>>84954940
Being a tranny doesn't make you a woman.
>>
>>84954940
You need to work for your own stuff. Stop hijacking man made stuff. Stick to your vagina monologues, men don't care about it.
>>
>TFA had production problems
>Rogue had HUGE production problems
>Han Solo has MAJOR production problems

How come nobody is blaming Kathleen Kennedy?
Has Grace Randolph blamed this shit show on her?
Nobody wants to blame a woman?
>>
>>84955072
It's like Marissa Mayer, they kept giving her a free pass until she drove down the company at the edge of bankrupcy.
>>
File: CUTE.jpg (88KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
CUTE.jpg
88KB, 1200x800px
>>84955127
Yeah but can Kathleen do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uIrAN4JneY
>>
File: jakku concept 1.jpg (84KB, 1191x679px) Image search: [Google]
jakku concept 1.jpg
84KB, 1191x679px
There were some interesting ideas thrown around for TFA. My favorite was the partially submerged shantytown-like theme for Jakku.
>>
>>84955241
In the Disney TFA, the destroyer relic doesn't make any sense since the First Order is just like the Empire, they recycled all the destroyers.
>>
File: 1487733195191.png (19KB, 637x257px) Image search: [Google]
1487733195191.png
19KB, 637x257px
>>84955127
>she drove down the company
Why do people repeat this meme? Yahoo was an absolute dumpster fire since 2000, there was no way Yahoo was going to survive. Her acquisition spree was ill-advised (although it did bring a lot of talented people to the company without going through all the hassle of actually finding and interviewing people), but in the end shareholders made some money before it died and that's about the best outcome there could have been to Yahoo's story.
>>
>>84954940
Yeah, 'cause you bitches did such a great fucking job with Ghostbusters.

The question is, can men not have anything that women don't want to take over and fuck up?
>>
File: Young Bait.jpg (43KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
Young Bait.jpg
43KB, 625x626px
>>84954940
>>
>>84955664
She lost so much money, Yahoo had to sell their valuable Alibaba stocks. It's only the chinese giant that kept them afloat.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (35KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
35KB, 1920x816px
I have my fingers crossed for this
>>
File: Captain EO.jpg (46KB, 498x750px) Image search: [Google]
Captain EO.jpg
46KB, 498x750px
It's his time to shine once more
>>
>>84952899
BUT ANON IT'S ACTUALLY A SALT LAKE NOT A SNOW FIELD SO IT'S DIFFERENT OR SOMETHING
>>
>>84956069

>a story about a male white lead without a boring as tears brunette female lead regardless of movie title being the real lead

>ever happening

Poor anon
>>
>>84955241
Wow it's still literally Tatooine
>>
>>84956069
Fuck yeah.

They can show Obiwan knocking up Rey's mommy. :)
>>
Now that the china bo can't be as easily manipulated companies have to cancel up coming movies.
>>
>>84956166

So the movie is really about a brunette female?
>>
>>84954331
How many more millions would it have made with a male lead? This is what Disney is asking themselves.
>>
File: Pleb Poster.jpg (66KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
Pleb Poster.jpg
66KB, 600x563px
>>84956243
>how many more millions would it have made with a male lead.
None, i'd imagine. U don't like this Kathleen Kennedy stuff, but people would have gone to see these movies if they were about fucking dung beetles, not to mention the extra female audience they garnered from le stong female character appeal. If the viewer base is truly against these shoehorned female characters, it will start to show in the next movie returns, since the hype about Stars Wars returning has finally dissipated
>>
>>84956430
Why are women so shallow? I mean having a female lead is enough to get them to watch a genre they don't like? I'll never watch a romance chick flick, even if they put a male lead and turn it into an action movie somehow. That's the equivalent of what they did to Star Wars.
>>
>>84952855
>Michael Arndt left of his own volition because he admitted he didn't know how where to take the story and how to integrate the original cast and the new characters
>George Lucas was never involved in TFA in the first place

eat shit revisionist
>>
>>84951551

Disney is really dropping the ball with Star Wars.

People were starved for years of Star Wars. What most wanted were good solid movies like the original trilogy. Not the Marvel formula of fucking spinoffs and alternate stories shoved out a yearly/6 month basis.

So far we've got TFA which was basically A New Hope retread, Rogue One which while successful probably disappointed Disney a bit in returns, and a Han Solo origin story that's already marred with problems/reshoots/literally having to teach the guy playing Han how to act on set.

They're fucking this up royally.
>>
>>84956495
Same reasons women go to see marvel movies despite 90% of comics fans being male. Much like capeshit, these new Star Wars movies are designed to try to appeal to the mainstream movie audience, since that makes alot more money. The movie was pushed pretty hard towards women, but was also meant for normies in general. Hell, it even had stupid quips that disrupt the mood.
>>
George is a senile hack, we thought.
Disney have done a great job with Marvel and won't interfere or change the feel of Star Wars, we thought. They know what made Star Wars popular and won't sabotage it with out of place agendas or cinematography.
In fact, if anything, they'll be more faithful to the original trilogy!

How could we have been so foolish?
>>
>>84956693
What are you talking about buffon, George started writing the sequels a year before selling to Disney. Apparently it's him that appointed Michael Arndt, that's why KK fired him, the guy wasn't a pet like JJ Abrams and Kasdan. Arndt had to step down because they didn't let him more time to write a real story. Just like the Han Solo directors, he preferred to step down rather than participating in a money grabbing shlock for normies
>>
File: Obi Wan Speeder.gif (1MB, 468x244px) Image search: [Google]
Obi Wan Speeder.gif
1MB, 468x244px
>>84956069
I wish
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.