[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you rewrite the Star Wars prequels?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 4GTvoaz_d.jpg (92KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
4GTvoaz_d.jpg
92KB, 600x800px
How would you rewrite the Star Wars prequels?
>>
>>84949530
Jar Jar Binks actually becomes the main antagonist like he was supposed to.
>>
>>84949530

more lightsaber fights
>>
Idris Elba as Obi-Wan
>>
>>84949530
Put Lucas in charge of the storytelling, character creation, world building, etc. and put Filoni in charge of the actual directing and writing. Like they did with The Clone Wars.
>>
>Teen Anakin from the beginning, only he's actually a good person who becomes evil instead of a psycho who just keeps doing psycho things
>No Qui-Gon
>No Jar-Jar
>Count Dooku is the villain from the beginning. Also his name isn't Dooku, that sounds retarded.
>Subplot of Anakin thinking that Padme is having an affair with Obi-Wan
>Non-retarded Jedi Council
>Drop the silly Clone Army backstory. The Army is ordered by the Republic, plain and simple, don't waste half a movie on how they're made.
>Sheev's plan needs to actually make sense (he can't literally be commanding both sides simultaneously and basis everything on silly random coincidences)

Fix those things and the movies go from 4/10 to 6/10. Anything more would require a full rewrite from start to finish.
>>
>>84949975
*and basing everything

And the affair thing is to give Anakin a plausible reason to hate Obi-Wan. In Episode 3, he goes from "goodbye old friend" to "you want me to kill Obi-Wan? Okey-dokey!" in about 5 hours.
>>
Give Anakin a red lightsaber as soon as he joined Sheev

Make him lose his body over the years through abuse of the dark side's powers instead of the high ground
>>
>>84949530
>no chosen one
>no jedi are celibate monks
>no midichlorians
>no balance of the force
>no kid Anakin
>no kid Boba Fett with a kiwi accent
>>
>No Count Dooku
>Jar Jar is the Sith Lord in his place

That's all that should be changed
>>
>>84949530
Make them revolve around the events in kotor I and II and leave the plot and characters from the original trilogy alone
>>
>>84949887
Wouldn't that inadvertently make Obi-Wan the Michael Jackson of Star Wars? Black guy turned white that likes to hang around young boys?
>>
File: TheToaMata.JPG.jpg (135KB, 1200x700px) Image search: [Google]
TheToaMata.JPG.jpg
135KB, 1200x700px
>>84949530
It's the exact same story, but they're all Bionicles
Boom /thread
>>
>>84949530
Make the Clone Wars a war against clones and some grotesquely attrition based parallel to the world wars in which Anakin slowly loses limbs, comrades and faith before going off the deep end as a tired, middle aged man, not some teenager having a tantrum about his wife.
>>
>>84949674
This, also young Anakin having force powers he doesn't know how to control. More of him being revered due to his demonstrative ability and less talking about why his mini chlorine count makes him so sick.
>>
>>84950002
Are you retarded? He converted to the darkside and it was definitely more at least a few days before they met up again, maybe even over a week.

If you're going to use that excuse then you might as well change the ending so that Vader doesn't go from trying to kill his own son to killing his own master and apologising to his own son in the space of minutes.
>>
File: 1371071011216.png (99KB, 229x228px) Image search: [Google]
1371071011216.png
99KB, 229x228px
>>84949530
It starts with the extermination of the gungans

Sheeeev takes up 50% of the movie

Anakin gets no screentime
>>
I wouldn't show Yoda, maybe only mention him as a huge and super powerful jedi that never appears on screen. And I wouldn't make it clear that Anakin is gonna become Vader. I would also make it look like Vader "really" killed Anakin. Like show them both as separate personalities to the point where you imagine Vader is also some apprentice of Obi Wan but later find out Anakin is Vader in Episode 5. Maybe make Vader appear wearing a robe and covering his face before he gets burned and needs the suit.
I would also make the Clone Wars more like WWII or Vietnam, more gritty and with a different idea than just "the clones are stormtroopers fighting robots". That's totally not what I thought the clone wars were about when I watched the OT before Episode 2.
Basically so that you can watch them in order and not get anything spoiled.
>>
Total rewrite change the tone away from dull trade embargos back to fantasy
jedi remain long extinct legends, and are referred to as some arthurian myth.
Obiwan as lead. opening scene is him being saved by one of the few remaining jedi who is going around doing a lone ranger thing
The first film is about said lonely jedi chasing his longstanding rival while training obiwan. Their climactic fight ends with them making a magic deal to bring back the age of heroes with the birth of anakin.
The villain obviously curses the child's fate, screwing over the jedi's hopes and the knight is deformed as a result of his bargain with evil and there we get yoda.
>>
>>84950122
this, and make the Jedi an actually rare sect that's only managed to survive long enough because of isolation
>>
yeah, here's my contribution to the script

[<- Backspace]
>>
>>84951460
Goongas?
>>
>>84950305
>OG Toa

My man.
>>
>>84949530
Hire the guys who wrote KotOR.
>>
Start with an older Anakin and slowly develop a love triangle between Padme/Obi and him.

Anakin gets tricked by Palpatine into thinking he's getting cheated on by Obiwan and that turns him to the dark side.

Darth Maul is the main secondary Sith for all three movies (no Dooku/Grievius) and he gets developed as a character.

No Jar Jar.
>>
>>84949530
Anakin is black
>>
>>84953207
you mean Kotor II?
Revan was a huge mary sue
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.