[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disney fired Kermit the Frog's puppeteer and voice Steve Whitmire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 28

File: 1500016062816.jpg (43KB, 634x423px) Image search: [Google]
1500016062816.jpg
43KB, 634x423px
Steve Whitmire's full statement on this.

>Dear Friends,

>In 1978 when I was asked to join The Muppet Show, the Muppets were the hottest thing on the planet. I was invited to sit at the feet of the true masters, Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Richard Hunt, and Dave Goelz; working alongside them, absorbing different skills from each, as we, along with many talented others, contributed towards the same shared vision, the vision of one man. The result became a skill-set for myself that was sort of a compilation of the best of them all.

>For me the Muppets are not just a job, or a career, or even a passion. They are a calling, an urgent, undeniable, impossible to resist way of life. This is my life’s work since I was 19 years old. I feel that I am at the top of my game, and I want all of you who love the Muppets to know that I would never consider abandoning Kermit or any of the others because to do so would be to forsake the assignment entrusted to me by Jim Henson, my friend and mentor, but even more, my hero.
>>
File: Dave_Gonzo_Steve_Rizzo.jpg (86KB, 668x814px) Image search: [Google]
Dave_Gonzo_Steve_Rizzo.jpg
86KB, 668x814px
>>84944910
>As I am sure you can imagine, I have experienced every possible emotion since October 2016, when I received a phone call from The Muppets Studio’s executives to say they were recasting. Through a new business representative, I have offered multiple remedies to their two stated issues which had never been mentioned to me prior to that phone call. I wish that we could have sat down, looked each other in the eye, and discussed what was on their minds before they took such a drastic action.

>I have remained silent the last nine months in hopes that the Disney company might reverse their course. Doing what is best for the Muppets is the lens through which all my interactions have been filtered. Given the opportunity I remain willing to do whatever is required to remedy their concerns because I feel my continued involvement with the characters is in the best interest of the Muppets.

>For decades, you have been an invaluable partner in co-creating the existence of the Muppets, and I am humbled by your devotion to them. There is so much more for us to talk about so I have created this site as a place to connect and share on all things Muppet, past, present and future.

>Please forgive any faux pas as I have not been active in social media previously and have a serious learning curve. I just want you all to know that I am sorry if I have disappointed any of you at any point throughout our journey, and to let everyone know that I am devastated to have failed in my duty to my hero.
>>
File: 1499909911012.jpg (102KB, 567x542px)
1499909911012.jpg
102KB, 567x542px
You know, I never bought the Disney is evil shit, even with all of the Star Wars nonsense.

This, though. This is too far. Why the fuck would they do this? The fuck are they going to do, cast Bruno Mars as Kermit or something? This is just inexplicably shitty to me. Fuck Disney with a baseball bat covered in rusty nails. Seriously, enough with this shit. This has me wanting to legitimately boycott them, and I am the furthest thing from a /pol/fag. Jesus fucking Christ, leave our childhoods alone, you sick money-grubbing fucks.
>>
File: 1499769865627.jpg (4KB, 206x219px)
1499769865627.jpg
4KB, 206x219px
So why did they fire him
>>
>>84944998
Disney is an evil Jewish mega corporation. Why would you doubt such a thing?
>>
>>84944998
>Jesus fucking Christ, leave our childhoods alone

New childhoods for the new flesh, anon.
>>
File: Bogs.jpg (77KB, 707x491px) Image search: [Google]
Bogs.jpg
77KB, 707x491px
He's just an old man we don't need anymore, and we can hire someone cheaper, and there isn't a fucking thing you can do about it because we're one of the biggest fucking corporations on Earth.

Eat shit.

- Disney
>>
>>84944998
Matt Vogel will be taking over as Kermit, he has been a Muppeteer since the early 90s. He played Uncle Deadly, Lew Zealand, Floyd Pepper and Robin the Frog on The Muppets and he's currently Big Bird and Count von Count on Sesame Street as well.
>>
>>84944998
Why should anyone care about your childhood? It ended years ago.
>>
>>84945097
Why, though? In what way did this guy fail? There's no explanation from the Disney side of things.

Didn't the guy from Flight of the Conchords win an Oscar for the last Muppets movie?
>>
>>84945043
The "two stated issues" are drugs and drink, I expect.
>>
File: 1496611133232.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1496611133232.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>84945107
Probably because I'm now an adult with money to spend, you dipshit.
>>
>>84944998
>Gonzo is now without his buddy Rizzo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck5Q9_iCop4
>>
>>84944998
Your childhood is in the past. If your childhood was about media consumption, it could hardly be ruined further if it still existed.
>>
>>84945043
>So why did they fire him
Parade Frank Oz around to build hype for a decade of CGI Yoda, before Frank Oz dies mysteriously
>>
>>84945097
Makes it a little suspicious, doesn't it? This guy isn't some newbie or cheap ringer, he's a veteran of almost equally long standing.
>>
>>84944998
>I never bought the Disney is evil
Well you should know better, Disney is a greedy corporation like any other, they don't give a shit about anything but money.
>>
>>84945138
But a childless one, which makes your money less important than that of people who got laid and don't care who voices Kermit.
>>
>>84944910
He seems like a genuinely sweet, humble human being. Didn't even know there was new Muppets stuff.
Does he have any savings? How successful can one expect to be as a puppeteer
>>
>>84944998
Maybe you should leave your childhood alone too.
>>
File: b6b22-kermitthefrog.jpg (28KB, 224x299px) Image search: [Google]
b6b22-kermitthefrog.jpg
28KB, 224x299px
>>84945112
>In a response to Whitmire's exit, a spokesperson for The Muppet Studios would only say: "The Muppets Studio thanks Steve for his tremendous contributions to Kermit the Frog and The Muppets franchise. We wish him well in his future endeavors."

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40605783
>>
>>84945230
He seems like a nut, probably a Chester Molester.

>They are a calling, an urgent, undeniable, impossible to resist way of life.

Who talks like this about waggling felt? I guess the Mouse asked him to lay off the doobie and he refused.
>>
It's just some puppets lol he carries on line he writes symphanies and shit
>>
Did he get caught for diddling boys like Elmo?
>>
>>84944910

inb4 Kermit is CGI like every other children's show these days
>>
>refuse to take a pay cut just because you are the guy who has been sticking your hand up a stuffed animal's ass the longest
>younger more talented person says they'll do it cheaper
>get fired

A BLOO BLOO. Welcome to the real world you fucking hippie. It ain't easy being green.

>muh childhood

Grow up you fucking losers. Absolute worst generation ever.
>>
>>84945254
Kermit's voice never sounded the same after Jim stopped doing it, so to me this is the same old, same old. Kermit's weird eye placement of recent years also makes it harder to care. Why didn't Steve stop them from fucking with Kermit's eyes if he cared so much?
>>
>>84945291
The guy taking over is about the same age. I think there's more to this involving personal conduct. It may come out soon.
>>
>>84945138
Stop being a mindless consumer.
>>
>>84945254

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Le4sGUeXTk
>>
File: jh_letters.jpg (28KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
jh_letters.jpg
28KB, 460x345px
>>84945179
Steve Whitmire was always vocal and protective of the characters, Disney didn't appreciate that.

Stealing this post from /co.

>Steve can get fairly passionate when Disney does something that is completely out of line. There was a minor incident involving Disney deciding to recruit 'alternate performers' right after they bought the Muppets, which Steve heavily protested and only backed off once the program was scrapped.

https://youtu.be/MlJ4ibTOCOU?t=495

>Steve was really nervous and apprehensive about how the 2011 movie turned out.

>The 2011 movie seemed to have a lot of mixed emotions surrounding it even before it came out: Frank Oz didn't feel the script was very respectful to the characters or their interactions, and some people (myself included) was skeptical of the usually R-rated Jason Segel handling the script himself... even when the movie did come out, it got a lot of mixed reviews, with some feeling it spent too much time on "hero worshipping" the Muppets and less on the actual story or the characters and their humor.

>It sounds, to me, like Steve has always been uneasy about Disney's handling of the Muppets, as many of us have, but again, it seems to me that perhaps Disney is just not wanting to put up with him any longer.

www.change.org/p/the-walt-disney-company-make-steve-whitmire-a-muppet-again/
>>
Child molester or drug addict
>>
>>84945043

Pro-Trump
>>
>>84945339
Oh, so he spent six years asking to be fired and was finally fired. OK.
>>
File: 1499608159051.gif (2MB, 423x234px) Image search: [Google]
1499608159051.gif
2MB, 423x234px
>>84945374
>>
>>84945339
>fat nerds create a petition that will change nothing because they are butthurt about something in media that is hurting their feefees

You mean just like you did when Batfleck was announced? Sad.
>>
>>84945413
Awful lot of projecting going on here.
>>
>>84945359
Lel he is a strongly anti Trump dopehead
>>
>>84945406
Haha, no, I love to laugh and make a joke.
>>
>>84944922
>I just want you all to know that I am sorry if I have disappointed any of you at any point throughout our journey, and to let everyone know that I am devastated to have failed in my duty to my hero.

god fucking damn it, drive a stake into my heart why don't you
the jaded cynical part of me is yelling "he's just phrasing it like this for sympathy" but the kid in me and my ever-dying sense of empathy are winning out this time, this is just devastating.

25 years playing the part of a beloved frog puppet, second only to the actual creator, and they just kick you to the curb without any form of remorse, respect, or thanks
>>
>>84945413
Didn't do it then either, all such petitions are exercises in futility.
>>
>>84945444
What part of that was projecting you retarded neckbeard? You whiny pussies do this shit all the time now and it's fucking pathetic. You're literally Tumblr: permavirgin edition.
>>
>>84945477
>the kid in me

You're not a kid. You have no kid in you. I have empathy, it doesn't make me a sucker for a pedophilic liar.
>>
>>84945492
Project any harder and you will be showing in IMAX
>>
>>84945359
Then he deserved it for being a Fascist.
>>
>>84945502
>see someone with a bit of humanity left in them
>shit all over them for it

you're scum, pal.
>>
>>84945451
Makes sense then since Bob Iger is pro trump
>>
>>84944910
Uh, it's the fucking muppets. Who cares? You guys are seriously up in arms over kermit the fucking frog?
>>
>>84945523
No, you see, to suggest that believing a clearly disingenuous guy is the litmus test of "having humanity left in you" is incredibly cynical. It's like you don't know what real joy and hope is.
>>
>>84945265
>Who talks like this about waggling felt?

A guy who has been doing it for almost 40 years
>>
>>84945547
>someone who's with the company for 40 years and playing a particular character for 25
>dismissed abruptly and unceremoniously
>not seeing the larger problem of an industry refusing to acknowledge veterancy and experience
>not seeing where this kind of behavior can lead to

being aware of the larger picture is tough for low-IQ people such as yourself but we implore you to at least give it a try before running your mouth
>>
>>84945621

You're so deep and unique, anon
>>
>>84945621
wow, tell us more, oh prophet of the lands
>>
>While Danny Trejo was filming his cameo in "The Muppets: Most Wanted!" his mother passed. The cast all offered their sympathy but he shrugged it off because of his 'tough guy' persona. It wasn't until Steve Whitmire apologized in character as Kermit the Frog that Trejo broke down crying.
>>
>>84945639
I make it 27 years he's been doing it, which is nearly 30. His replacement joined only slightly afterwards.
>>
File: Mupworkshopuk1980.jpg (110KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
Mupworkshopuk1980.jpg
110KB, 600x397px
>>84945339
ABC cancelled The Muppets (that mediocre Office/30Rock format show) on the 12th of May 2016

On May 24 there's a Muppets interview during Vulture Festival 2016 with Fozzie speaking of doing a hit show this summer with Kermit having to inform Fozzie about the shows cancellation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts6YYHjGc7c

>Whitmire is sacked October 2016

Leave it to salty Disney execs to not handle Muppet banter and hold petty grudges against their performers.
>>
>>84945642
It can lead to other old cunts I don't care about being given the sack.
>>
>>84945657
>>84945670
You're making out I'm a pseud for not being a tacky psycho, whatever.
>>
>>84945692
>apologized

So he killed Trejo's pop, huh? That explains it, they don't want Disney HQ ringed by a kill-crazy gauntlet of biker cholos.
>>
Probably wasn't down with the new Disney agenda. Coming soon, CGI Kermit explains why little boys should chop off their dick and take hormones.
>>
>>84945846
>It's like you don't know what real joy and hope is

Read that back to yourself and tell me it's not pretentious twaddle
>>
>>84945846
>guy gets fired after years and years of work like they're wiping shit off their shoe
>feel bad for him and feel a bit upset something that's been the same for so long is changing, for better or worse
>"tacky psycho"

christ, man, who hurt you?
>>
>>84945805
this show was really funny at times
excellent pepe the prawn moments
>>
They were going to do a kermit is trans thanks to chemicals in the water making frogs gay storyline.

He opposed and disney said its 2017.
>>
apparently he was diddling kids with his kermit hand

so think on that next time you call disney 'evil'
>>
>>84945359
Welp there goes the little sympathy I had.
>>
>>84945043
Bet you he's a kiddie diddler. Disney probably found out and got him counseling, but then fired him when he didn't show signs of recovery. Gotta do all you can to preserve the brand, yo.
>>
He went for the good, they are turning Happytime Murders into shit

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/mollys-game-happytime-murders-melissa-mccarthy-stx-sets-dates-1202486046/

the Jim Henson Company’s “The Happytime Murders” starring Melissa McCarthy is scheduled to hit theaters August 17, 2018.

Brian Henson is directing the noir comedy about a Los Angeles human detective who teams up with a puppet detective to solve the brutal murders of the cast of the beloved kids’ show, “The Happytime Gang.”

The story is by Todd Berger & Dee Robertson; while the screenplay is written by Berger with revisions by Erich & Jon Hoeber, and further revisions by McCarthy. Producers are Jeffrey Hayes, Ben Falcone, Henson, and McCarthy. Lisa Henson and John W. Hyde will executive produce.
>>
>>84945942
>apparently
>presumably
>according to anonymous sources

is this sincerely the world we live in? An age of information where proof and evidence are more prevalent and easier to find than ever before and plenty are perfectly content just agreeing with what's said to them with no further investigation beforehand

simply unfathomable
>>
>>84945896
It's not pretentious, it's the honest truth.

>>84945931
It's not about "feeling a bit upset", is it, it's about making out that people's humanity is conditional on whether they smell a rat or not. Get help.
>>
How has Disney never been hit with anti-trust suits?
>>
>>84944998
What does /pol/ have to do with anything? This board is obsessed.
>>
>>84945138
>Cartoons and puppets for kids should continue to aim for one 30-year-old man-child instead of targeting the next generation of kids
>>
>>84945990
all i fucking said was that the 'grr angry' side of me felt he was probably fired for good reason so he's just looking for sympathy through his words, and the 'aw that sucks' side of me (which won out) was upset over the whole situation

you're putting words and intention into my mouth and arguing against that, if you want to get into an internet fight with your own projection and presumption just do it in notepad and leave the rest of us out of it

god forbid a conversation takes place without someone attacking the psyche of another
>>
>>84946037
This. One major argument for shake-ups like this would be that they put off creepy adult fans. Disney traditionally treats its non-parent adult fans as if they don't exist anyway, so this is consistent.
>>
>>84944910
>Disney being loyal to its employees
That he lasted as long as he did is amazing in and of itself. The Mouse hasn't given a shit about any of its thralls since the '80s.
>>
>>84946046
What was said is perfectly clear. >>84945523
>>
File: image.jpg (148KB, 891x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 891x1024px
>>84945877
>we're getting a new version of The Rainbow Connection with it explaining each tenant of the pride flag
>>
File: jordan-peterson.jpg (93KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
jordan-peterson.jpg
93KB, 512x288px
I know just the replacement...
>>
Are DC pajeets really defending a anti trump drug addict child toucher?
>>
>>84944910
Look at the guy. How likely is it that he wasn't up to something sketch?
>>
They are going to get darkies to perform the muppets now. Mark my words.
>>
>>84944910

Well he is not jewish, so of course he has to go
>>
>>84946186
kek
>>
>>84945266
This. what a looney tune
>>
>all this pedo and substance abuse projection
Sort yourselves out jfc
>>
>>84946248
Look at the guy. Read the statement where he mentions "two stated issues" without specifying what they are.
>>
>>84946326
>implying they would have continued to let him work for the last month if he was in fact diddling all the kids
>>
>>84946121
kek truuu
>>
>>84946326

>Look at the guy. Read the statement where he mentions "two stated issues" without specifying what they are.

Issue one: not jewish
Issue two: blonde and blue eyed
>>
>>84946326
So your mind immediately jumps to he was fiddling kids and a junkie? The fuck guys.. yeah disney is shady as shit but lets not toss the baby out with the bathwater.
>>
>>84946186
they will save money by hiring nigger?
>>
File: kermit.png (458KB, 616x632px) Image search: [Google]
kermit.png
458KB, 616x632px
Weird that the BBC were pushing this as him stepping down as per screenshot which is part of a quiz still up on their homepage.

Was on the same page as his statement regarding sacking too...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40605783
>>
>>84946326
>"Just LOOK at him!"
Not an argument.
>>
>>84946366
Why would he not state what they are when he's ready to lavish so many words on every other aspect of their decision?

I honestly don't think he was fiddling with kids, because if he had been he wouldn't have even alluded to it or even perhaps protested his sacking publicly, hoping to live it all down. I think the issues are probably booze and drugs.
>>
>>84946384

The BBC is unreal at this point. Only a retard would trust anything they write.
>>
>>84946394
Yes it fucking is.
>>
>>84946438

Could very easily be contract issues, ie you will take a pay cut but be locked into this for 5 years and have to do twice the work. Things like that he may not be allowed to talk about legally.
>>
File: ........jpg (98KB, 900x913px) Image search: [Google]
........jpg
98KB, 900x913px
>>84945043

probably someones nephew does a wicked kermit impresstion but can't find a job
>>
>>84946384
What are you even objecting to? Your sentence makes no sense.

>>84946445
What are you even suspecting, the report is factual and they happen to have a quiz that references it?
>>
>>84946471
That's probably what it is. The Muppets used to be a pretty low metabolism operation, like Star Wars, but the Mouse is putting this shit TO WORK. Bank is going to be made, dimes are going to be drawn, and Wavy Gravy may find he isn't cut out for the real thug life.
>>
>>84946499
>What are you even suspecting, the report is factual and they happen to have a quiz that references it?

Like many news outlets today, the BBC simply repackages whatever PR statement they are given, without mentioning that its purely a PR statement or any effort to fact check.
>>
>>84946499
Is English not your first language?
Stepping down isn't the same thing as being fired.
>>
>>84945138
https://medium.com/@JustinRoberts/believe-half-of-what-you-see-and-portions-of-what-you-hear-296f34743af4

If you're interesting in more Corporate evil shit, the story of the WWE ring announcer who helped a dying kid and then was fired while the company took credit and used the kid as a publicity piece is pretty harrowing.
>>
>>84946466
>if I say it enough it will make it true
wew
>>
>>84946445
In spite of news organizations being universally shit, you're going to have a hard time naming a news organization that is more trustworthy than the BBC. Many are equal, but none are better.

Go on, name one. I'm curious to know who you think is better than the BBC.
>>
>>84946542
That doesn't even make sense, they're reporting the same story you're fucking reacting to. There's no incorrect fact here, is there? They're reporting the same story as everyone else. It may be a PR statement but it's the same one you're talking about right here, the one by Steve Whitmire. What are you even talking about?
>>
>>84946542

Yup.

Here is the Disney spin from the 11th:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40568011

Here is the guy's take on it which dropped today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40605783

I do like the way they use the same photo session in both photos but in the first the guy is happy, in the second not so much.

Could have been clever if intentional
>>
>>84946608
If you saw that guy in the park, you would watch his movements carefully.
>>
Oh no. A voice actor is changing. Fucking woe. Who the fuck cares? Seriously, the character has changed before

>b-but evil joos! b-but evil Disney! MUH CHILDHOOD!

Yeah? And? New kids are born every fucking minute. Every day. 40,000 people die every day. Times change. This is a fucking kids show, the vast majority won't give a fuck. If you're an adult, why do you give a shit about the voice of a kids show? If you have kids.. again, why do you care? You're an adult. These things happen. Grow the fuck up. Is it sucky? Sure. But business is business.
>>
>>84944910
>>84944922

Basically he wanted a greedily large amount of money, Simpson's voice cast sort of money, and greater control over the Muppets franchise.

He gambled thinking he was too big to be recast and that they'd cave in to his demands, like they do every time the Simpsons cast want a raise. What he didn't take into account is that this is Disney, where they will recast a voice actor if they can find someone to do it cheaper, like how Robin Williams did the Gene's voice in the original Aladdin on the cheap, provided he wasn't used to promote the film, when the sequels came along they had to recast because he refused to do it because they had used him for publicity and he wanted a wopping great contract this time as they had screwed him over last time. Similarly when 4kids lost the pokemon contract the only reason the pokemon company didn't just keep the same cast was because they were holding out for more money.

Actors and voice actors can try to play hardball with wussy companies like Fox but most companies know that if they go above a certain amount its going to be a recast.

It sounds like he was given every opportunity to just sign again on about the same as he was getting before, but he didn't think they were serious and he sent his "business representative" to the meetings rather than his agent or himself. The business representative was probably to inexperienced to recognize that this was a take it or leave it offer rather than a bidding war and also failed to convey the seriousness of this to Whitmire who was probably just expecting his business guy to come back having doubled his wages.

Had Whitmire been kept properly clued up by his team he might have said "yeah, they pay is not that good compared to acting jobs but, fuck it, I'm Kermit the mother fucking frog." and signed.
>>
>>84946571

stepping down implies voluntary retirement

now go pay your tv license
>>
>>84946571
English is my first language. I didn't think anyone would actually be infantile enough to think that whoever wrote the quiz on their website would care. It worries me how incapable some of you seem to be of living in the real world.
>>
>>84946648
If your parents saw your browsing history you would be v&.
>>
>>84946654
Nobody who has kids cares, which is half the point. Nobody is bigger than the franchise.
>>
>>84946665
This has the ring of truth, but I'd be interested to know what your source is.
>>
>>84946613
>Whitmire took over as Kermit's handler and voice actor after Henson died in 1990. No reason has been given for the 57-year-old puppeteer's sacking.
>In his post, Whitmire said he had "remained silent the last nine months in hopes that the Disney company might reverse their course".

Quotes straight from the BBC. Does that sound like stepping down?
>>
>>84946648
How much of a creepy pedo fucker are you to automatically assume that of others? Literally textbook fucking projection and self hatred 101... You should probably seek help anon.
>>
>>84946700
Why the fuck are you resorting to this kind of attempted insult? I'm talking about what's true.
>>
>>84946700
>If your parents saw your browsing history you would be v&.

Hello summer. Please learn what things mean before you use them.
>>
>>84946748
No, again, it's what he actually fucking looks like you neckbeard.
>>
>>84944910
who cares? puppets are for faggots.
>>
>>84946746
>>84946692
>>
>>84945509

>It's a dumb /comblr9k/ redditfugee gets told and can only reply with "P-P-P-PROJECTING! ;_;" post

Wew lads.
>>
>>84946818

Do this one next:

>>84946632
>>
>>84946610
I used to listen to the BBC world service a lot. Their coverage of several issues was fucking abysmal and clearly one-sided. During the migrant crisis, they would interview refugees and essentially let them shit on Hungary, Serbia, and Greece.

When Chris Rock made his jokes against Asians at the Oscars ceremony, they had one guy on to defend him against 6 fucking harpies.

I've seen better and more balanced reporting from Al Jazeera and that's saying something.
>>
>>84946094
that's not the same person as me, if you weren't blinded by whatever the hell it is that is affecting your ability to speak in a civil fashion, you'd notice at least two people are replying to you
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 640x859px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 640x859px
>>84944910
Have we learned nothing from this man?
They simply aren't to be trusted
>>
>>84945961
>Disney
>having a problem with kiddy diddling
Jesus christ their entire output for decades has been jailbait and cartoon women I want to fuck.
>>
>>84946632
>>84946692
>>
>>84946948
I don't want to cherry pick situations where they've been shit. I already said that most news organizations are god awful terrible and without exception anybody can point out extreme moments where any news company has utterly been at their worst.

My point is that if I needed to name a news organization that has the highest odds of not cocking it up, it would have to be the BBC. They still have a investigative division world-wide, they have the most people on the ground, and they have the integrity to retract their shit every now and then.

Of all the companies I would expect to not fuck-up, it would be the BBC. That doesn't mean I like them. I just feel it's grossly irresponsible to state that they're untrustworthy.
>>
>>84946740

My Uncle, he works at Disney and ... Whoops, did you really think I'd tell anyone how I know and get somebody fired or at least a bad reputation? Sorry mate but when things are said it's up to you to either believe it or not (9/10 times it will be bollocks though).
>>
>>84947116

That post doesn't mention the quiz though.

Is English your first language?
>>
>>84946790
>"Just LOOK at him!"
Body issues too anon? That's rough.
>>
>>84947014
This is an anonymous imageboard, and you took over directly from the other person. If you are willing to go on the attack because of the same psychosis, I have no way of knowing that a different person is posting.
>>
>>84946692
>I didn't think anyone would actually be infantile enough to think that whoever wrote the quiz on their website would care.
>the report is factual

so which is it?
>>
>>84947171
Are you completely unwilling to accept that the guy looks suspicious?
>>
>>84946948
>watching BBC nightly news
>they have a story about muslims in the uk
>they interview some aid worker in a muslim neighborhood
>I say isnt this beautiful, all this color here
>its vibrant and wonderful and the future
>we must remember that only a minority does terror
>why would we give that up for with wonderful rainbow in our streets

That was the whole story, a woman who works with migrants telling the viewer how great they are and saying only racists point out problems.
>>
>>84946771
You can do better than that anon.
>>
File: 1492840497362.png (698KB, 801x808px) Image search: [Google]
1492840497362.png
698KB, 801x808px
>>84944910
FUCKING DELETE DISNEY
>>
>>84947164
You can see what it's responding to, stop wasting time.
>>
>>84947239
>I mean c'mon he's a fucking straight white male ffs!!!!
Still, not an argument.
>>
>>84947139
>I just feel it's grossly irresponsible to state that they're untrustworthy.

Just because they arent as bad as others doesnt mean they arent bad.

To blindly trust any news source is foolish. And this isn't something I'm saying is new, things have always been like this. Don't trust unless you can verify it yourself.
>>
>>84946948
>I've seen better and more balanced reporting from Al Jazeera and that's saying something.
Al Jazeera international is actually a pretty decent organization, or at least it used to be. Obviously it has an editorial bias (like literally every other news organization) but by virtue of having a DIFFERENT agenda than what were used to certain things dont get sifted out.
Inb4 /pol/ chimpout
>>
>>84947195
The report is factual, nobody cares, your pedo is kill.
>>
>>84947239

>Are you completely unwilling to accept that the guy looks suspicious?

Yeah we get it schlomo, he is white
>>
>>84945805

> Modern entertainment can't seem to support The Muppets

They keep getting cancelled. Which is lame because this shit is funny unlike bull shit dick and fart and innuendo that passes for "modern humor" or literally ANY Youtube Vlogger cancer.
>>
>>84947242

> Watching Hislop documentary
> He interviews a woman who took in a Syrian refugee
> The guy is actually a pilot
> Refugee is handsome, well spoken, well dressed
> Hislop uses this one solitary example as why everyone has ever been wrong about allowing unchecked immigration
> Not one mention of crime stats, terrorism, clash of beliefs, welfare, NHS costs, etc
> We are all to be happy with immigration since this refugee is a pilot

I am not even one of these people to say ban everyone but this 'documentary' laid the propaganda on so thick it was actually insulting.
>>
Voice Actor strike still ongoing?
>>
>>84947289
Oh, so this is just about your paranoia. I'm a straight white male. Straight white males don't have to look like bags of shit. Haircuts exist. Non-"gay mime artist" clothing exists.
>>
File: 5683568.png (11KB, 587x687px) Image search: [Google]
5683568.png
11KB, 587x687px
>>84944910

>some fuck-ass Millennial steals your job because they're willing to work for a fraction of the pay

>"REEEEE WHY CAN'T I OWN A HOME?? REEEE WHY CAN'T AI AFFORD KIDS?? REEEEE REEEEE SOCIALISM IS THE ANSWER REEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

You idiots are too stupid 24/7 not to get utterly shafted in your salary and you expect the rest of us to want to follow you into some Socialist shithole society because of this?
>>
>>84947309
>>84947355
>>
>>84947367
The guy who's been given the job is about the same age and joined the company only a couple of years after this guy.
>>
>>84946384
Can't stand the BBC but to be fair to them, it was publicly stated by Disney that he stepped down and so Whitmire was forced to issue a statement saying otherwise.

Whinging that they should update the quiz with this subsequent information would, however, be fair.
>>
>>84947242
>>84947334
>watching story about the migrant crisis
>they follow the journey of a teenage boy and his family on their way to Germany
>specifically Germany and no place else
>have to spend two nights in Hungary
>"this is an awful place, I would rather return to Syria than live here"
>this 16 year old sand nigger trash talks every fucking country on the way to Germany
>finally gets there
>unhappy with waiting and immediately demands acceptance to a public school
>principal agrees due to his ambition and drive

It was fucking baffling. Especially when the BBC announcers were gushing at his courage and heroism.
>>
>>84947447
You honestly think they should have nothing better to do than that?
>>
>>84947367
Every country that's ever adopted socialism started out as a third world shithole and only improved from there. If a first world developed nation like the US tried it we'd unironically be living in Star Trek in like 100 years.
>>
>>84947502
t. wasn't alive during the Cold War and unironically voted for Bernie
>>
>>84947502
Have you ever read any history?
>>
>>84946632
According to Toughpigs (some Muppets fan site) Disney already has a video lined up with Matt Vogel as Kermit for the Muppet youtube channel which is expected to come online next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TFkacO1nII
>>
>>84946838
Still projecting there pal.
>>
>>84946610
You need to wake up and smell the coffee if you think BBC news is still trustworthy redditor, they replaced news with propaganda gradually till they see no difference now. Every other news agency being the same doesn't make it okay, now fuck off back to your subreddit.
>>
File: 1499844588909.png (388KB, 480x516px) Image search: [Google]
1499844588909.png
388KB, 480x516px
>>84947596
Yeah, obviously. You do realize socialism didn't deteriorate those nations into third world status, right? That was the starting point from which socialism was implemented and as a result drastically increased the quality of life.
>>
>>84944998
>bringing /pol/ into everything
Holy FUCK you're mad
>>
>>84947479
I've never understood this. There's a migrant crisis of people fleeing the Syrian civil war. Okay, sure, fine.
On their journey, they pass through several European countries that aren't engaged in war. But they can't stay there. No, they have to come to the UK which just so happens to provide free healthcare to foreign nationals and has a retarded immigration policy that no one fully understands.

If I was fleeing a war zone, I'd stop when I was away from the war. Not travel half way around the world. But that's just me I guess
>>
He literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>84947139
>I just feel it's grossly irresponsible to state that they're untrustworthy.
Literally where the fuck do you think you are you fucking faggot jew? This isn't your fucking twitter feed.
>>
>>84947690
No, not obviously. You appear to be unaware of Russia and East Germany.
>>
ITT: Proof that only redditors care about the Muppets.
>>
File: 1495050712794.jpg (145KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495050712794.jpg
145KB, 1000x1000px
>>84947819
>imperial russia
>agrarian feudal society
>adopt socialism
>become industrialized space-faring global superpower in 30 years
really activated my almonds famalam
>>
>>84947690
nice bait
>>
>>84947355
No, but you are apparently so disgusted by your own looks and deviant lifestyle that you think some dude that voices a muppet is just as shitty as you are.
>>
File: kermit_gun_00.jpg (41KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
kermit_gun_00.jpg
41KB, 450x600px
>>84947896
DELETE THIS
>>
>>84947961
You can't keep doing the same bullshit after it's been thrown out by the facts. I don't look dodgy, this guy does. In the real world, people react to how you look.
>>
>>84948096
>In the real world, people react to how you look.

Is that why your parents won't look at you?
>>
File: elyse muppet.jpg (47KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
elyse muppet.jpg
47KB, 600x448px
I hope /ourgirl/ is okay ;_;
>>
>>84948096
>facts
ultrasmuganimegirl.jpg
>>
>>84945208
How is this gonna make them money though? Was that Kermit voice actor that expensive? Like Simpsons main cast levels expensive? Otherwise I don't see how this is anything but irrelevant for Disney's upper management.
>>
File: jim-henson-kermit-frog.jpg (165KB, 635x500px) Image search: [Google]
jim-henson-kermit-frog.jpg
165KB, 635x500px
>>84946438
>>84947239
>anyone with a beard is suspicious
>>
>>84947930
Not commie but I always found Lenin to be aesthetic as fuck.
>>
>>84945805
Just looking at the slimy executive in the middle during this makes me ill.
>>
>>84948610
If anything this news hurts them and Whitmire actually kept quiet about this for so long.
>>
>>84947930
>Then in the next few devolve into anarchy with people refusing to work for the state with economic hardships increasing
C'mon, man you got to post the rest of the story and not the lovey dovey honeymoon part.
>>
>>84945043
hes a open junkie
probably started interfering with his work
>>
>>84951364
[citation needed]
>>
File: 1498888719759.png (25KB, 669x514px) Image search: [Google]
1498888719759.png
25KB, 669x514px
>>84945961
>>
>>84945043
>Please forgive any faux pas as I have not been active in social media previously and have a serious learning curve.
>>
Because Disney want Kermit to come out as gay
>>
>>84944910
CLEAN OUT YOUR FUCKING DESK
>>
>>84944998
>You know, I never bought the Disney is evil shit,
You're a dim lad
>>
File: 1495300700561.jpg (56KB, 546x640px)
1495300700561.jpg
56KB, 546x640px
>>84950825
kulak detected
>>
>>84952082
Gonzo has a relationship with a chicken, that's plenty progressive to me
>>
>>84944910

(((Disney))) just cares about more shekels. They don't care about some goyim CEO of the past, or any of his workers.
>>
>>84946665
The Simpsons cast had to all take a massive pay cut
>>
>>84944910
He did nothing wrong
>>
>>84947707
>If I was fleeing a war zone, I'd stop when I was away from the war

Yeah, why does nobody want to stay at a refugee camp that is absolutely shitty and over crowded since there's way too many people occupying the same small place, making the conditions awful due to restrictions to basic necessities like running water.

Spreading the refugees in the EU is necessary due to undue burden being otherwise placed on just few countries. No one or two country could sustain all of the displaced people and provide them with the aid they need.
>>
They fired him because they had to blame someone for both Muppets movies and the TV show flopping.
>>
>>84946665
All the Aladdin sequels were direct to video, why would they spend a shit ton of money on Robin Williams when it wasn't released in theaters?
>>
>>84957067
I'd get that argument if we were talking humanitarian agencies rehousing them across europe. But I'm specifically talking about the tens of thousands sailing makeshift boats across Europe and then sneaking onto trucks in Callais to get to the UK

It's not like the only option is stay at a refugee camp or sneak into Western Europe. I notice very few of them are staying in Greece or Poland for example
>>
>>84957121
Makes sense, god forbid the higher ups at Disney reflect on their own failures.
>>
>>84957191
Greece and Poland are crime ridden shitholes with abysmal quality of life, why would anyone want to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire?
>>
>>84957274
Because neither country is in the middle of a civil war.
It's like saying "yeah, he just lost his shitty 1-bedroom apartment next to a railway, but you can't expect him to move into a bungalow! Of course he's gonna start squatting in a mansion, wouldn't you?"

I thought they were fleeing from a war, not hunting for a new life
>>
>>84957191
Greece is a financial shithole verging on bankruptcy every six months, not exactly a good place to settle in when not even the native Greeks with safety nets and better opportunities can properly afford to live there.
>>
>>84944910
at least Kermit Jagger is still in business.
>>
Its alcohol related you morons
>>
getting paid to do stupid easy shit for 40 years is still pretty good. I don't know how much he's made probably a hilarious amount of money.
>>
>>84957360
>I thought they were fleeing from a war, not hunting for a new life
I-it's the same thing, anon - don't be so thick.
>>
File: NPH.jpg (254KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
NPH.jpg
254KB, 2048x1536px
>>84946466
>>84946466
>Just LOOK at him! This dude could have any woman in the world by just how good looking and in shape he is. Not to mention his excellent acting chops! Man, I really wish I could be like his character Barney, a man's man!
>>
File: Evans troopers.png (479KB, 1055x808px) Image search: [Google]
Evans troopers.png
479KB, 1055x808px
>>84947690
>You do realize socialism didn't deteriorate those nations into third world status, right?

I gotta bust out my Evans folder for this one, boys.

Go on /his/, you might learn something.
>>
>>84945502
Ouch, the edge!
>>
>have a solid, secure, well-paying job making hand movements and silly voices for almost 40 years

>upset when someone else gets the opportunity

No sympathy whatsoever, more boomers need to start getting replaced. They've been clogging up the whole system for too long.
>>
>>84945502
Who touched you in the bad place, Bro?
>>
>>84946654
They're more than just voice actors
>>
How much does the mouse pays for calling this guy a Pedo?
>>
>>84945291
>Expecting your pay won't go down after decades in the job

But isn't this what everyone expects? You start on a lower wage, you don't end on it.
>>
>>84947334
I saw that doc, and while there were signs of the usual BBC lefty bias, he was reasonably even-handed, and concluded that both pro and anti immigration sides should grow up and acknowledge the opposing view.
>>
This, above all else, is what got him fired.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JFkHuIUwF0
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or1FfleQ284
>>
>>84947707
Daily reminder there's NO reason for anyone who's made it to mainland Europe (particularly EU) to then carry on to Britain...except for its reputation for giving handouts.
>>
>>84947930
>become industrialized space-faring global superpower in 30 years
which couldn't even properly feed its people.
>>
He was literally fired for being a white Christian male who cared strongly about the integrity of the characters created by another white Christian male
>>
File: andreas.png (124KB, 270x364px) Image search: [Google]
andreas.png
124KB, 270x364px
>>
>>84945521
>>84945945
Bait.
>>
>>84944998
Kermit with rainbow hue and jarjar voice
>>
>>84947690
>that picture
lmao this must've been made by an american. have you even been to cuba you moron?
>>
>>84962200
he's literally being replaced by another white guy you faggot victim
>>
>>84945135
[citation needed]

i have no idea either, but i'm going with (spins the big wheel) he's gay and he refused to take a pay cut.
>>
>>84945230
>How successful can one expect to be as a puppeteer

go to Washington and ask whoever writes Trump's speeches. ask how he gets the stench of shit off his hand after having it up Don's ass all day.
>>
>>84945343
[citation needed other than your own projected fantasies]
>>
>>84957187
90's DTV was a different thing from what we thing of DTV now. 90's Disney sequels got a huge merchandising push and they spent decent money on them.
>>
the muppets is shit
>>
>>84965657
Booted Democrat for two decades. This attitude, thigh you may not be a Democrat, is exactly what brings Trump supporters together even more.

Voting red down the ballot for the remainder of my life because of these opinions and elitist attitudes.

Anyway, seems pretty fucked they would fire this guy.
>>
>>84965919
>I'm going to vote GOP because you hurt my feelings
fuck off, grow some balls.
>>
>>84945786
>>84945786
>joined the Muppets in 1978
>2016 he's fired
>that somehow only makes 27 years

Mental midget detected.
>>
>>84945276
Since that guy still voices Elmo, I'm guessing that didn't happen.
>>
>>84966094
I think the 27 years refers to the time he played Kermit.
>>
>>84965989
Ever notice how, after years of being called out on their fragility and pussiness, SJWs have started slinging back the exact same insults they receive but with 0 correct context?

Go cry in a pillow, cunt.
>>
>>84966268
That's not what the comment chain is talking about, stop defending mental midgets.
>>
>>84944910
This would have never happened in Japan.
As usual white people proving they are sub-humans
>>
>>84945819
One day you'll be an old cunt. I suppose then you'd want organizations to respect the work you put into them and not toss you aside for cheap young workers.
>>
>>84945973
>Melissa McCarthy
well any interest I had in seeing this just went bye-bye
>>
File: muppets-star-wars-5.jpg (173KB, 1130x902px) Image search: [Google]
muppets-star-wars-5.jpg
173KB, 1130x902px
Disney exec, here.

Look, Steve had a good run. We paid him generously for (let's be honest) a grade or two above mediocrity, but that sort of extravagance can only be kept up so long before the bean counters start asking questions. "We're paying him HOW much? For doing WHAT?" We simply had to be honest with ourselves and do the math. He was performing a voice that any reasonably talented voiceover artist could do for a fraction of the cost (and a fraction of the attitude).

Steve's era has passed. Kids don't give a shit about who Henson was or what his "vision" was. He was the past, and we're the present. And the FUTURE.

A future which, I can assure you, carries with it far more humor and excitement than a pack of tired puppeteers living in the past. A past that smells like an old man's closet that should've been cleaned out years ago. No one needs puppeteers in the age of CGI, anyway...we've done some exciting test screenings of all-CGI Muppets and *none* of the kids could tell the difference. We expect to lay off the remainder of the old guard puppeteers by the end of next month.

It's just business.
>>
millions of people get fired from their jobs everyday, happens to a voice actor with a twitter account and suddenly I'm suppose to care
>>
>>84966797
this
>>
>>84956558
They got a pay cut but they also get revenue from streaming now.
>>
>>84947447
Didn't that Disney statement also make it seem like they had no clue as to why he would step down? Like it was a shock to even them.

Come to find out THEY fired him. Wow
>>
>>84945805
why are screaming Laura Palmer, Dr. Jacoby, and Tobias Fünke in this photO
Thread posts: 247
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.