[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spider-faggot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 29

File: Spider-Peter.jpg (94KB, 1048x470px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Peter.jpg
94KB, 1048x470px
What went wrong with Spider-man as a character? Before the 2000s he was always portrayed as a confident young adult, who was fit and handsome enough to believably pull pussy like Black Cat, Liz Allen, and Gwen Stacy, and marry a legit supermodel/actress like MJ.

These days Spider-man is always some spastic 14-year-old, who annoys every other superhero he runs in to. They have him begging to be in the Avengers in the latest one, even though the classic Spider-man was always a loner.
>>
>>84937749
They could've gotten a better twink. But I think they wanted somebody normies could relate to.
>>
read a fucking comic, one by a decent writer

sage because you're a faggot who shitposts.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (22KB, 300x209px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
22KB, 300x209px
>>84937749
Go ahead and prove me wrong instead of using ad hominems. The classic Spdey is Romita Sr. Spider-man and he's just like I described him.
>>
>>84937860
was meant for >>84937815
>>
>Spider-man was always a twink

t. people who have read only Ultimate Spider-man
>>
File: landscape-1482329797-tomholland.jpg (73KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
landscape-1482329797-tomholland.jpg
73KB, 980x490px
Looks pretty handsome to me
>>
>>84937895
>>84937860
>>84937749
ASM:TAS is adult, ~25 year old
SM:H (shaking my homecoming) is 15
>>
File: 45698345.png (518KB, 727x649px) Image search: [Google]
45698345.png
518KB, 727x649px
>>84937749
>Spider-man was always a loner.
That took on an army of villains alone. So many freaks causing shit in NYC and him burning the candle just to keep the score tied. GOATspidey, this new garbage is complete shit. If he had threw Stark's suit in his face and told the avengers to fuck themselves there might have been hope. But oh well. He's shit.
>>
File: classic spider-man.jpg (268KB, 732x611px) Image search: [Google]
classic spider-man.jpg
268KB, 732x611px
>>84938142
Literal FAS.

>>84938173
TAS was in college so he was 19-20, and Holland is already 21, so he's always going to look like a child.
>>
>>84937749
>he was always portrayed as a confident young adult

what the fuck, no.
>>
>>84937749
>They have him begging to be in the Avengers in the latest one, even though the classic Spider-man was always a loner.

Literally his very first appearance was begging the Fantastic Four to let him join.
>>
>>84938307
>t. never read comics

Even before he got his powers he had no problem asking out Liz fucking Allen, the hottest girl in his school. He was never some /r9k/ shitposter.
>>
>>84938362
you forgot the part where she told him to piss off and then got bullied by flash thompson
>>
>>84938358
For money, you left that part out.
>>
>>84938380
So? What does that have to do with his confidence? The fact that even as a scrawny nerd he had the balls to casually ask her out is alpha as fuck.
>>
>>84938270
>If he had threw Stark's suit in his face and told the avengers to fuck themselves there might have been hope.
Why do you say this? Spiderman is an avenger sometimes and he did do that at the end of the movie.
>>
File: AF15P01.jpg (237KB, 740x1105px) Image search: [Google]
AF15P01.jpg
237KB, 740x1105px
>>84937749
>These days Spider-man is always some spastic 14-year-old
That is how it all started

>classic Spider-Man was always a loner
He refused Tony's offer and was a villain in Avengers 11, I believe

>who was fit and handsome enough to believably pull pussy like Black Cat, Liz Allen, and Gwen Stacy, and marry a legit supermodel/actress like MJ
He only fucked Black Cat, Stacy and MJ in college, dated Betty before college, but not seriously, and Liz was only platonic. Plus, there was a time both MJ and Betty were his girlfriends at the same time. Is that what you want to see?

>tfw I don't know a cha-cha-cha from a waltz
>>
File: IMG_8182.jpg (79KB, 500x509px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8182.jpg
79KB, 500x509px
OP you're an idiot
>>
>>84938608
>That is how it all started

And it ended about 15 issues later. Spider-man was not in HS for long.

>He refused Tony's offer and was a villain in Avengers 11, I believe
Not really my point. Spider-man was always the loner hero other heroes were wary of.

>He only fucked Black Cat, Stacy and MJ in college, dated Betty before college,

Dude, that's better than basically any nerd can ever hope for. You realize they're all 10/10s, right?
>>
>>84937749
>2027
>Spiderman is now played an infant
>>
>>84938641
What does Spider-man maintaining his secret Identity have to do with anything? Are you talking about the art style? Because this is the definitive Spider-man.
>>
File: IMG_8183.jpg (129KB, 477x317px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8183.jpg
129KB, 477x317px
>>84937749
Peter Parker was based off of young Steve Ditko. If you think Steve Ditko was handsome and confident you're a faggot and also blind
>>
File: loves_of_peter.jpg (128KB, 400x607px) Image search: [Google]
loves_of_peter.jpg
128KB, 400x607px
>>84938715
Romita Sr's version is the one anyone remembers or cares about.

Using Ditko's version is like using the early Batman who used a gun or the original Gravage Hulk.
>>
File: 1475542679091.jpg (547KB, 800x1182px) Image search: [Google]
1475542679091.jpg
547KB, 800x1182px
>Muh comics

Embarrassing
>>
>>84938672
Spider-Man was in high school gor two thirds of Steve Ditko's era. Harry and Gwen hated his guts when Steve left. There is nothing wrong with making him a highschooler in this film. Even a younger one

And, as>>84938358 said, he begged the F4 to join them in ASM1. Sure, it was for money, but he also wanted money in this film to join the Avengers. The point is did not join them in the end

And he stopped being a steryotipical nerd when he went to college. Plus, the spider gave him a ripped body and spider-feromones
>>
>>84937749
The real question is why are they pushing this diversity narrative too hard?
>>
>>84938788
>the spider gave him a ripped body

Something that didn't happen in this movie.
>inb4 tom holland's 90lbs is considered ripped by 4chan fatties

>and spider-feromones
that's Spider-woman's thing
>>
>>84937749
Peter Parker was always meant to be an unlucky social failure. Spider-Man is the persona that he built to escape that, but he only feels confident enough to play the character in costume. He's good at being Spider-Man and terrible at being Peter.

The problem with this version of the character is that he's bad at being Spider-Man and Peter Parker. It's pretty baffling to me. When you watch Spider-Man, you're supposed to want to be Spider-Man. I don't want to be this version of Spider-Man. Everything about him sucks. He has no combat instincts, no Spider-Sense, no confidence. Hell, a fucking fall from the top of the Washington Monument can kill him, and that's not even a terribly tall structure. He was almost killed twice by two blue collar guys with fancy glorified tasers who'd never taken on a superhuman in their lives. He's so awful he's not even allowed to be an Avenger. He's literally less effective than a chick who's just real good at karate. Why Tony Stark thought he needed him to take down Captain fucking America of all people is something I will never understand.
>>
>>84938803
The real question is why do you care about some little blackwashing, saying that it is native americans now, that the washing monument was built by slaves, and a SJW character that only appears in 5 minutes in the whole movie and isn't important to the plot overall
>>
>I'm an adult and I have passionate opinions about Spiderman
OK
>>
>>84938827
I know Drew has it more explicity, but I guess Parker must have gotten something too, even though it is a completly different origin story

>also, Spider-Woman and High Evolutionary in MCU when?
>>
>>84938831
>character development is bad now
>>
>>84938827
His body is more of a product of Modern Hollywood.

It's now mandatory if a male over 14 takes off his shirt in a film he must have flawless Abs and Pecs. And women complain that they face sexism because of their body.
>>
>>84938921
So what you are telling me is that there has never been a good Spider-Man before this movie, right? I mean it must be, because this version of the character has never really existed before on screen or on the page. Spider-Man has ALWAYS been an escapist character, someone you are meant to project yourself onto. Stan Lee has said this. He believes the reason the character workss so well is because under the suit, Spider-Man can be anyone, and anyone would want to be Spider-Man.

You can challenge a character even when the character is not a complete fuck up on every conceivable level. Batman, John McLean, James Bond. These are all characters that start out at as badasses and still have to struggle to overcome obstacles. You just have to present them with the proper obstacle. Do you think James Bond would be better if, instead of being a highly effective secret agent, he started out as a nebbish little dweeb who faints at the sight of blood and lacks the dexterity to cock a pistol? Would it be better if instead of Connery or Craig, they got Jesse Eisenberg? Would that be a better movie?
>>
>>84939104
you sound like you're obsessed with looks. I look "better" than tom holland and would still trade places with his peter parker in a second
>>
>>84939161
When did I mention looks? Are you even replying to the right post? I'm honestly at a loss here. I LITERALLY JUST SAID Spider-Man could be anyone under the suit.
>>
>>84939104
>So what you are telling me is that there has never been a good Spider-Man before this movie, right
Yup, that is exactly what I am saying
>>
>>84937749
Yeah, capeshit films suck boogers out of a donkey's prolapsed anus, go figure.
>>
>>84938831
The point of his film is him growing and becoming better.
>He's so awful he's not even allowed to be an Avenger
He wasn't allowed to be an avenger because he's a fucking 15 years old with no experience of taking down big villains. He also was proposed to be an avenger in the end of the movie, you mongoloid.
>He was almost killed twice by two blue collar guys with fancy glorified tasers
Those glorified tasers can sen a fucking bus flying. He did fine first time. You also forgot to mention that first shoker was shooting at him with a fucking laser that can cut metal like butter. He was only in danger second time.
>He's literally less effective than a chick who's just real good at karate
You mean black widow? Half of her effectiveness comes from her spying skills and firearms. Everything she can in do combat spidey can do better.
>>
Because they want a Peter who's forever a boy so they can milk the same actor for as long as possible.
McGuire wasn't cast with sequels in mind because nobody was sure how successful the first movie would be, and he aged like shit as we all know. The franchise only lasts as long as the lead, then they have to reboot again. Neither Mahvel nor Sony want that to happen as quickly as it did with Garf (who incidentally was cast to make teen pussy wet, but was in hindsight judged too good-looking to be a convincing Peter).

Holland is on hormones btw to keep him looking young. Check the blind items from a few months ago.
>>
>>84939191
u just mad bc u ugly lil nigga lml
>>
>>84938087
Ultimate was the dumbest shit.
>>
>>84938087
That was my problem with Spectacular Spider-man cartoon. He was never really growing up.
>>
>>84938768
>Black love interest
Wait, that's false, Homecoming taught me that there aren't minorities in comics so they have to racebend whities to make minorities relate
>>
>>84938831
hmmm its almost like Spiderman can easily get Captain America's shield or something.....
>>
>>84939408
>McGuire wasn't cast with sequels in mind because nobody was sure how successful the first movie would be, and he aged like shit as we all know.
Maguire was in his late 20s playing a high school kid for the first Spider-Man film. He didn't even look the right age from the start.

Not that Tom Holland looks like any 15 year old I know of, but atleast he looks around the 20 mark rather than 30.
>>
>>84939408
>>84942463
Holland was cast because RDJ doesn't like it when actors are cast that are taller than him.
>>
>>84937815
>>84938362
"muh comics" is not an acceptable criticism. Try again.
>>
>>84938701
Why does he look like a literal 45 year old.
>>
>>84939277
lmao

This is gold. Please continue.
>>
File: spiderdork.jpg (96KB, 384x365px) Image search: [Google]
spiderdork.jpg
96KB, 384x365px
>>84937749

The original Peter Parker was a prank call away from shooting up his school. God I hate fake fans.
>>
>>84938930
>It's now mandatory if a male over 14 takes off his shirt in a film he must have flawless Abs and Pecs.

Guy. Really. Your inferiority complex is showing. Holland is a dancer. His body is the way it is because of years of training.
>>
File: spiderdork2.jpg (103KB, 465x690px) Image search: [Google]
spiderdork2.jpg
103KB, 465x690px
>>84942886

Oh man so handsome and rugged, almost like my hurting little ego fantasizes it to be! Those Hollywood devils taking this he-man, this paradigm of masculinity, away from me.

>b-but muh Romita Sr

If you're willing to ignore Spiderman's original portrayal I don't see how your dusty ass could be mad about a film taking a different approach to the character. Oh I actually see it, you're just a manchild.
>>
>>84942936
That in no way invalidates what that poster said, that doesn't even address what he said.
>>
>>84942886
I'd say fake fans are the ones who constantly dickride Ditko as if Spider Man ends right there.

Even school shooter Parker wasnt as much of a suck up as Holland appears to be.

School shooter Parker at least had constant moments to remind you that he didn't like taking people's bullshit and reinforce the somewhat cool nature he had
>>
>>84943008
Bro I have 700 issues of Spider on my PC and I can swear to God that Betty and Liz wanted his dick sometime in the Ditka Era

And I'm not even the guy you're talking to but you sound like a massive faggot. There is more to Peter Parker than your flagrant incorrect ditko walking.

Holland doesn't share a single aspect with Columbine Parker anyway so you can stop
>>
>>84943008
>/co/mrade sperging out and mad as fuck about a goddamn adaptation of some scribbles
this motherfucker had these images saved and WAITING for y'all, he's been waiting for this moment for ages

/tv/ absolutely blown the fuck out for all eternity by some fuckin ancient comic book faggot and the authority on all things peter parker
>>
File: spiderdork3.jpg (66KB, 317x480px) Image search: [Google]
spiderdork3.jpg
66KB, 317x480px
>>84943033

Yeah, pent-up tard rage and people laughing at him every issue sure reminded us of that cool nature. Total model-dating motherfucker. Whatevs, OP.
>>
>>84943090
The fact he can spam those images and be wrong at the same time is hilarious.
>>
>>84943090
>>84943108

My dudes theres this thing called google where you can look up whatever you want in seconds, like look it up

>>84943079

Doesn't need to, that's kinda my point but keep being dense if you wanna idc
>>
>>84943094
I'm not the OP

Peter had teenage angst and reinforced his rebelliouson and somewhat cool nature. I'm sorry if you disagree but keep proving that Tom Holland is nothing like the Peter in the comics

Also Peter is like that for a good 300 issues. He has bouts of tard rage for like half of his run time. That's generally a quarter of his appeal
>>
So which Peter was best?

Tobey
>shy and wimpy
>good hearted and nice

Andrew
>lazy douchebag
>autist level personality with bad jokes he thinks are funny

Tom
>annoying teenager
>adults can't relate to him
>>
>>84943094
>Whatevs, OP.
is this what comicfags are like? they talk like this? what the fuck is this shit

i thought vidya autists were bad but holy shit, they'd be completely tolerable next to this, god damn it they could literally upload a video of them sucking several dicks right down to the base and still not approach the levels of faggotry present in your post
>>
Peter didn't become an alpha until he had been Spider-Man for a while.
>>
>>84943168

sorry, I'll say "vidya" and think about people broadcasting fellatio so you won't feel offended
>>
>modern spidey should be defined by an incarnation from the 60s who was written by a guy who went to high school in the 40s
I shouldn't have to explain why it's absurd.
>>
>>84943168
Not him but nice job giving up on your argument and opting for insults instead.
>>
>>84943161
Define best. Because as far as Peter's character goes only Tobey got anywhere near, while Tom has the looks and giraffe-neck sk8rboy has... well, nothing really.
>>
>>84943261
I'd define "best" as the one that you would like the most if they were real. Like which one would you want to be your friend? I'd pick Tobey. He's soft and wimpy but he's a good guy who would do anything for a friend, which is kind of the point of him failing to do that in Spiderman 2 on account of his responsibilities as a superhero.
>>
>>84943234
i wasn't arguing anything dumbass, i was just calling that anon a faggot, which he is you two seem well suited for one another tbhwy
>>84943219
>implying you aren't already thinking about sucking dicks
thats your secret capeshitter; you're gay all of the time lmao

ps since you didn't refute your borderline retard vocabulary, i'm going to continue to assume all capeshit fans are gigantic cucks, like you
>>
>>84943346
>I wasn't arguing anything
Unless you're not>>84943033 then you definitely were.
>>
>>84943346

I love dicks and even I don't have the insane obsession with them you have.
>>
File: 236887651.jpg (19KB, 444x396px) Image search: [Google]
236887651.jpg
19KB, 444x396px
>>84943390
I am also a fan of dicks and that's why I prefer Spider-Twink
>>
>>84943261
garfield had the spiderbantz
>>
>>84943386
i'm not so fuck off
>>84943390
gross
>>
>>84943407
The problem with Garfield was that he had nothing but bantz, even when he was Parker. There was no point to it, it was just a constant stream of nonsense. Atleast Maguire and Holland's banter is reserved for when Spidey is doing Spidey things which was always his coping mechanism to not spill his spaghetti
>>
>>84943161
>So which Peter was best?

>Tobey
>>shy and wimpy

>>good hearted and nice
Also massive cuck and le nerd without any hobbies or interest before he was beaten by spider and after. But you ate it because you was underage when trilogy came in.

>Andrew
>>lazy douchebag
>>good dyi and it skills developed before superpowers ,was willing to do good things before superpowers kicked in
Pic one faggot

>>autist level personality with bad jokes he thinks are funny
>>was able to break out of autism and actually call a girl for date

Andrew was literally perfect

>Tom
>>annoying teenager
>>adults can't relate to him
>>
>>84943404

Now this guy gets it, that boipussy is insane.
>>
>>84943438
>bantz
I always cringe when I see people use this word.
>>
>>84943407
So did Tobey
>that's a cute outfit, did your husband give it to you
>hey, kiddo, let mom and dad talk for a while, will ya?
>I have a knack for that!

He has more than that, all in all not a lot of them, but at least they're somewhat funny.
>>
>>84943462
>cringe
i always get second hand embarrassment when i see people use this word
>>
File: 150736.jpg (1MB, 1916x2592px) Image search: [Google]
150736.jpg
1MB, 1916x2592px
The ones I read as a kid he was like this, OP.
>>
>>84943469
What I like about Tobey's performance is that his quips are kinda good, but there's still this obvious insecurity behind them. He doesn't really have the confidence to pull off proper banter, but he tries anyway, and the result is really endearing.
>>
>>84943407
I don't know, that car thief scene bordered on thuggery to me. He was a fucking dick.
>>
Ultimate is what they're going for with MCU by the looks of it, in his original run he was a first a highschooler and gradually grew into the 90's adult spiderman who is the established character everyone else knows him as who begged to be an avenger and was under ironman's wing during civil war.
>>
>>84943440
>Andrew was perfect

So you haven't seen his movies? He steals a guy's ID and smiles when he sees that guy getting dragged out of the building.
>actually call a girl for a date
Ok?

>massive cuck
???
>nerd without any hobbies
What's the problem here exactly?
>>
File: 150759.jpg (610KB, 1660x2579px) Image search: [Google]
150759.jpg
610KB, 1660x2579px
>>84943503
Sorry for the low quality.
>>
>>84942886
He's literally laughing at Jonah here.
>>
Jesus christ I have never seen an OP get this btfo
>>
>>84937749
it's so the numales of this generation can associate with him

anyone defending a manlet twink as a superhero is obviously a failure fantasizing
>>
>>84943517
Absolutely. That scene was edgy autist tier. He even fucked with the cop that showed up. That's not a hero. That's scary as shit.
>>
>>84943566
>fucking with racist pigs is being a dick
Looool fuck off drumpfie
>>
>>84943595
Now that's what I call a tired meme retort.
>>
>>84939835
Its just his neighbor
>>
File: 1213213213786.jpg (16KB, 238x267px) Image search: [Google]
1213213213786.jpg
16KB, 238x267px
OP is actually correct. These days I don't read comics anymore nor follow comic book movies, but when I did, I read the first 300 consecutive issues of The Amazing Spider-Man up from the very first one.

Peter was never really an awkward, rejected nerd. In fact, he gained confidence very quickly, had a boxing match with Flash, then became friends with Flash, AND became friends with every other "bully." And the high school part was originally so small it doesn't even matter, he was always portrayed as a young adult. His mains problems were dealing with his job, trying to support aunt May, trying to deal with his relationships and trying to remain a good superhero through all of this. He was never even originally close to being 14.

Ultimate Spider-Man is what created this perception of a really, really young Peter, as he was still deep in high school, was scrawnier and had all these social problems. Ultimate also got very popular when it was released and it spawned games, other comics and even some TV shows loosely based on it. So that's the main culprit.

In any case, OP is correct.
>>
>you will never go back to high school and befriend a loner who moonlights as a superhero
>>
>>84937749
>classic Spider-Man was always a loner
Literally the first thing he does in his own series is try to join the Fantastic Four.
>>
>>84943503
>>84943527
>reading in the wrong language
I'm so offended that the world exists beyond America
>>
>>84937749
i liked the movie when i saw it, but i like it even more after seeing how many autistic purists and /pol/kiddies it pissed off
>>
File: 3482127-marvel-heroes-lineup.jpg (505KB, 1500x1018px) Image search: [Google]
3482127-marvel-heroes-lineup.jpg
505KB, 1500x1018px
>>84937749
Spidey was also canonically one of the strongest heroes in Marvel.
>>
inb4 someone feeds him
>>
File: 1485111028557.png (189KB, 434x245px) Image search: [Google]
1485111028557.png
189KB, 434x245px
>>84943828
>Daredevil
>can lift 300lbs
>>
>>84937749
>Before the 2000s he was always portrayed as a confident young adult, who was fit and handsome enough to believably pull pussy like Black Cat, Liz Allen, and Gwen Stacy, and marry a legit supermodel/actress like MJ.
his origin story is that he's a shy incel nerd
>>
>>84943828
>Captain America can only lift 800lbs

We literally have human powerlifters stronger than this. Why are people who know nothing about strength so cringe at writing strength-related things?

Reminds me of Unbreakable when Bruce lifts like 200lbs with his "amazing" super-strength.
>>
90s spiderman was kino as fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWRjsqoSWTI
>>
He always starts of as a shy nerd and gets more confident. Especially under the mask
>>
>>84943938
For how long have we had people capable of lifting 800 pounds? You don't know when that graphic was drawn, and it looks like it's from the 90's. Also, 800 pounds is a fucking lot for a person to lift no matter who you are. Don't try to act like it's not impressive by any standard. Even for people who can lift that it's impressive because it takes every bit of effort they can muster in the most optimal conditions.
>>
>Why aren't we casting a buff 29 year old as a 15 year old?
>>
>>84944064

Eddie Hall can deadlift 1100lbs

800 is easy work
>>
>>84943938
>We literally have human powerlifters stronger than this.
They generally aren't fast runners and could parkour like he does. They are move of a strong build while he is a fast build and still strong.

I think it is a decent number given his other talents and that he isn't superhuman.
>>
>>84944064
The world record is over a ton. 800lbs has been done for a while. Tom Magee lifted 1180lbs off the floor in 1983.

There are casual Youtube lifters like Serious Pete who can push 700lbs. 800 is NOTHING in terms of "superhero" strength.
>>
>>84944099
The fact that someone can lift more doesn't automatically make it easy to lift 800 pounds. Stop pretending it does.
>>
>>84938768
>But no one ties this lady down!

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>84944119
In that case, Marvel has very few characters with true super strength.
>>
>>84943440
>Andrew was literally perfect
You're brain damaged, pal.
>>
>>84944114
But he is super human
>>
>>84944222
No he isn't.
>>
>>84944172
Like I said, total lack of knowledge. The human body is way, waaaaaaaay stronger than people think.

In that case Daredevil is worse than a DYEL.
>>
>>84943938
bruce willis was a security guard, not a powerlifter and he had never lifted a weight that big before. The scene was him and his kid trying to find out the upper limit of his strength and then running out of weights.
>>
>>84944231
Captain America is totally super human
>>
>>84937749
I loved the 90s cartoon but did anyone else think that the dialogue was always rushed in those episodes?
>>
>>84944252
He totally isn't.
>>
>>84944261
Name one human who can do everything captain america can do.
>>
>>84944277
Me.
>>
File: 1471507537250.png (14KB, 631x243px) Image search: [Google]
1471507537250.png
14KB, 631x243px
>>84944277
>>
>>84944255
It was a bit natural, yeah. I just recently rewatched the Venom Saga and the dialogue pacing is just very bizzare.

Different times I guess.
>>
>>84937749
because peter parker is literally a kid who makes a premature transition from weak beta to powerful alpha. homecoming got it right because peter looks and talks like a teenage beta with abs.
peter always started out as a science nerd beta, hes not supposed to be a stunning confident chad from the get go
>>
>>84944290
>agility, strength, speed, endurance, and reaction time superior to any olympic athlete who ever competed.

I know it says he isn't superhuman there, but that sounds superhuman to me. Kind of contradictory for that description to say that.
>>
>>84943938
>>84944099
>>84944237
Superheroes are not specialized lifters. They need to fight, run, jump, climb, swing on ropes and all kinds of shit.
>>
>>84943161
andrew garfield was fucking awful, he looks like a chad from the start
>>
>>84944337
I think the distinction is peak human is technically what you could achieve with hard work while super human is above human possibilities.

No matter how much you work out you are never going to be as strong as hulk.
>>
File: 4906109-captain+america.jpg (840KB, 1252x1920px) Image search: [Google]
4906109-captain+america.jpg
840KB, 1252x1920px
>>84944261
Normal humans sure are immune to gas, poison, never get sick, and never get tired. Oh, they can also dodge bullets because they can literally see and react to them when they're fired.
>>
>>84944337
The description says that he's not superhuman when it comes to strength.
>>
>>84944376
>Normal humans
No
Peak Humans though.
>>
>>84943161
Tobey was the best Peter. Tobey was the only one who convinced me he had problems in Peter's life as well as in Spiderman's life.

Andrew was the best Spiderman. He had the wittiest mouth (even though he came off as cruel and douchey at times) and the playfullness-hiding-my-anxiety that sells Spiderman to me.

Tom is the best...uhm...Tom is the best tool for a spanning franchise because he'll do whatever they tell him to? I dunno.

STILL waiting for a Spiderman movie to remember to show me that Peter Parker is smart, and not just tell me. The closest we got in Homecoming was a brief scene of mixing web fluid, which was repeatedly overshadowed by the super-smart kid somehow never bothering to figure out what the ultra-tech suit Tony stark gave him can do.
>>
>>84944388
I know my scan was from Ult, but, even old cap's body literally doesn't get tired and he pulls of superhuman feats all the time.

not getting tired is a legit super power
>>
>>84937749
Project gay is in stage IV .. full homo
>>
>>84944348
Not really. He's lanky and has a very lazy way about him, especially in the first one. Not defending him, just saying he doesn't look like a chad to me.
>>
>>84944376
That's Ultimate Cap, he actually was superhuman. Mainstream comics Cap has always been "peak human", ill-defined as that is.
Movie Cap is a bit inconsistent, it's hard to tell which one they're going for.
>>
>>84939773
It went on for two seasons and he was in high school as he was at the start of the comics
>>
>>84938827
>fa/tv/irgin determines what is ripped
And also spiderman is not supposed to be fucking jacked, that's venom, spiderman is a spider, slender but quick and powerful, sorry you can't get that
>>
>>84944409
I hated Andrew as Spiderman. In TASM 2 he gets so caught up in trying to be funny he willingly puts human lives in danger. He just hangs on the side of the truck at the beginning quipping while Rhino is driving it 50 miles an hour down city streets. He could have knocked him out and stopped the truck but he wanted to quip instead and then JUMP AWAY FROM THE TRUCK AFTER DOING NOTHING TO STOP HIM.
>>
>>84943161
>Peter
Tobey > Andrew > Tom

>Spidey
Tom > Andrew > Tobey
>>
>>84944421
I mean peak means the ultimate capabilities of the body. Different people get tired faster. Imagine the peak of not getting tired. Combined with peak agility and all this other stuff.
>>
>>84943025
How about this, not every teenage boy is depicted as ripped, just the ones playing superheroes because that's the character.

Prove me wrong with actual evidence or stfu
>>
>>84944539
Wihle I still hold him as the best Spidey, I agree that the lack of RESPONSIBILITY in TASM and Homecoming is distressing. Spiderman has always been the moral compass of the Marvel universe.

But that all represents the "Peter" side for me. The "Spidey" side is the escapism, and I feel Andrew did better at this on screen than any of the others.
>>
>>84938672
Why does it even matter if Peter is an adult? Do we need to see spiderman realizing his dead end job will never give him the support he needs? Do we need to see Peter Parker entering his 30s and losing hair and considering a mortgage?

Spider man works as a kid because he's that, just a kid. That's why that scene from spiderman 2 is so fucking good. He's just a kid.

OP is a dumb faggot
>>
>>84944099
>>84944119
I am pretty sure they mean he can lift 800 pounds over his head. That's what hulk usually ends up doing and Spider-Man did it with a train cart. Deadlifting that weight is just bringing it from the floor to your waist with balanced weights and a bar.
>>
1962 to 1965 - Spider-Man is 15 to 17 and in high school

1965 - 1978 - Spider-Man is 18 to 21 and in college

1978 to present - Spider-Man is 21 to 29 years old.

It's weird that people act like Spider-Man "has always been a kid" when, in reality, Spider-Man was only written as a high schooler for 3 years of the 55 years he's been around.
>>
>>84944858
Nobody said he was always a kid. He always starts up as a shy nerd who then gets confident through being spider-man and grows up.

You could start that story during or even after college.
>>
>>84938803
You think the diversity in homecoming was forced?
>>
>>84944648
Spiderman has ALWAYS been about how a superhero still has a normal life. Still has the same mundane problems we do. How fighting villains doesn't pay rent or help you study for a test. So YES we need to see Spiderman realize his dead-end job won't support him. YES we need to see Spiderman dealing with perhaps not with baldness and mortgages, but day-to-day struggles we all face.

I had an issue with Homecoming in that Peter's life seemed just fine if it wasn't for Spiderman. He had friends, he had the adoration of his peers, even his rival (which I liked that they changed into an actual rival, not some fantasy nerds-vs-jocks trope) was a joke from the moment we met him. His aunt seemed to have no issues with the house; Peter had no serious hang-ups about his parents or his uncle. There was even a girl for him. Homecoming's Peter Parker had no reason to want to escape his life, other than he had the option to be Spiderman.

Where was the huge lesson about responsibility? Where was the grounding? The down-to-Earth aspect? What makes the scene in Spiderman 2 so good isn't that he's young, but that he's just any old kid off the street.

>>84944858
The perception comes from the reaction of the Marvel heroes. Everyone treats Spiderman like a kid. They call him kid. They remember him as a teenager and without the alter-ego identity (a mask never ages) he remains a kid.
>>
>>84937749
Pretty sure the 90's cartoon Spiderman was the oddball out. Spiderman wasn't a fucking jacked bodybuilder with a chiseled chin and rock hard abs. He was more lean and athletic with a nerdy personality because he was a nerd from the start.
>>
>>84939104
What the fuck does James bond have to do with spiderman you fucking idiot.
Obviously spiderman is escapism, doesn't mean he's fucking perfect, any good spiderman story is about his Inability to successfully balance his social life and work with his heroism and for the most part, struggling with both and ultimately letting someone down for the greater good.

Hes been spiderman here for less than a year presumably. He's used to fighting typical thugs and now has to fight the shocker and vulture. They're using alien tech, some of which can fucking disintegrate people.

Everything about your post, like you, is retarded

Don't reply to me
>>
>>84938770
>Thanos pushes his limit and ends up defeating himself

I see them doing the exact same thing in the movies desu
>>
>>84937749
>These days Spider-man is always some spastic 14-year-old, who annoys every other superhero he runs in to.

(((They))) turned him into a jew.
>>
>>84942793
>"muh comics" is not an acceptable criticism
Yet comics and cartoons were all we had of Spider-man before the 2000s (mentioned as a cutoff in OP).
>>
>>84937749
Because it's based on ultimate Spider-man who was a skinny manlet
>>
>>84944882
I do. Imagine if they made Jim Gordon or Alfred black instead of using Lucian Fox in the Nolan Batman trilogy. It would be nice to see some more of the minority characters get some exposure like that
>>
>>84944882
You think it wasn't?
>>
>>84944858
21 to 29 years old is still being a kid.
>>
>>84945096
Does that validate the "not muh web shooters" criticism of the Raimi trilogy? What about the "not quippy enough" criticism?
>>
>>84943462
>Thinking using cringe is any fucking better

You're part of the problem
>>
>>84944376
is that hulk pimp slapping nick fury in the background there? whats going on.
>>
>there are people ITT who are actually defending this capeshit dreck
So it finally happened, huh?
The invasion is over.
>>
>>84943168
Nice argument

>>84944099
They don't mean deadlifting you jerkoff
>>84943828
Spidey can still beat everyone above him alone
>>
>>84944261
Stop posting ignorance
>>
>>84944099
They only meant that nobody could lift that much weight in the 60s or whatever. People have gotten stronger since then
>>
>>84945257
If you actually didn't care you wouldn't have come into this thread willingly and posted.
>>
File: thanos.jpg (89KB, 590x402px) Image search: [Google]
thanos.jpg
89KB, 590x402px
>>84937815
Yeah good idea.
>>
Not getting Raimi back instead of some sterile literal who director without an identity/personality was a mistake

Movie feels like your average Marvel mass produced garbage
>>
>>84944166
She cucks him
>>
>>84937749
hes the spiderman for us! the numale alliance
>>
>>84945196
It does. Maguire was a terrible Spiderman.
The only thing Saimi got right was portraying Peter Parker as a guy with a miserable life, but even then Maguire was iffy at best. Despite him playing the part of a sucker perfectly, comic Peter was generally a cheerful guy, even if he damned his luck and ran out of patience sometimes he was generally an optimistic man that people grew to love.

I'll never understand the love for Maguire, Saimi did a great directing job, but Maguire was a terrible choice.
>>
>>84945308
Peak human != super human
>>
>>84945400
Tobey was generally a cheerful guy.

>Maguire was a terrible choice

Why?
>>
File: Frankfacetemplate2.png (64KB, 576x864px) Image search: [Google]
Frankfacetemplate2.png
64KB, 576x864px
>>84945228
That's clearly giant green Frank Castle slapping bulletproof black Frank Castle in the background as American Ideal Frank Castle gets up and has an idea during Civil War.
>>
>>84945434
Tobey was generally autistic as fuck, not cheerful.
>>
>>84945464
Watch the movies again, and pay attention.
>>
>begging to be in the Avengers in the latest one

Don't most comics and shows have Spider Man almost always 2nd in command only below Cpt America and on par with Iron Man but everyone hates Iron Man because he's a lazy fuck
>>
>>84944166

She rides the cock carousel
>>
>>84938768
Debra best girl.
MJ a slut.
The rest are whores, WHORES.
>>
>>84945496
no. spidey wasnt even an avenger until 2005. even then it was a shitty team created by that hack bendis
>>
>>84944888
>where was the huge lesson about responsibility
>he endangers everyone on the ferry and then ruins his crushes life
>where was the grounding?
So you're upset spiderman still is a kid but want him to be grounded?
>the down to earth aspect
>spiderman is the most down to earth superhero there is, exemplified most by this movie

>what makes the scene in spiderman 2 is that he's just any old kid off the street
That's retarded
>>
>>84945127
I wouldn't care because Mary Jane Watson is literally just a hot redhead fantasy character Peter gets to fuck who bitches that peter is out saving the whole city.

Also, what's the point in comparing Peter going to school with brown people to making Alfred or commissioner Gordon black?

>>84945130
No, cause I actually went to school in queens.
Where did you go to school? Have you ever even been to New York city?
>>
>>84945611
You should actually watch Spiderman 2. A guy looks at him and says "he's just a kid, no older than my son." It really shows that, while he is a superhero, in the end he is "just a kid" and could be any one of us.
>>
>>84938405
>This is the alpha standard for white males
Lmao
>>
>>84945690
The point is he's young, I don't care what other stupid response you send me
>>
>>84945664
So what part of your argument makes it ok to change the colors of established white characters?
>no, cause I went to school in queens
>cause

Yep, your retardation checks out.
>>
>>84945611
>>he endangers everyone on the ferry and then ruins his crushes life
And at no point is the message of responsibility brought up. What is repeatedly hammered is "you're not ready." Meanwhile he's REWARDED for repeatedly acting rashly just because he stops the bad guy in the end in a reckless and IRRESPONSIBLE way.
You bring up ruining Liz's life, but where was the consequence for that? He feels bad? She moves across the country and he gets to be an Avenger. Responsibility.
>where was the grounding?
Exactly. Where was it? Where was the "No, Parker, you don't get to join the field trip after skipping practice and saying you weren't coming. That's irresponsible." Where was the "No, Parker, you don't get the suit back because you repeatedly broke the rules for the suit. The fact that you helped ONE time out of three in breaking rules and endangering people doesn't wipe that away."

This Spiderman had no grounding, no mundanity, no responsibility.
>>
>>84945400
Maguire was a great Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

Nerdy? Yep. Witty and cheeky? Yep. Good-hearted, moral, kinda boy scouty? Yep. Could cry? Yep. Fairly young and good looking without being a model? Yep.

That's not to say the current one is bad. They're on par.
>>
>>84945664
But this is a movie, which doesn't have to depict evil, revolting things that make us reach for the gun and the rope, but could show us good things, things that would make us not want to fucking die or kill. There is no convincing reason why white people, the majority of legal movie viewers, the people who actually buy the tickets and keep the industry going, shouldn't be allowed to live in a better world for as long as the movie lasts. What happened to movie magic? If I want social realism to make me want to commit suicide, I just need to take a look around. If I want dreams to make life seem worth living - and I know it's not and that the only solution is to kill all, but if I want that fantasy of a happy life in a civilized world for ninety minutes, two hours, whatever, WHY am I not allowed to have it? Why are all major studio movies now designed to make me want to die?
>>
>>84945719
>I don't care what you say to me

Thanks for your concession.
>>
>>84945725
The part where I point out how nothing of a character she is beyond an iconic fuck piece for spiderman
>cause
What, did I misspell the word? Is it incorrect to argue that I've gone to school in queens and they're always filled with minorities and very little whites? Is literal personal experience retarded now?
>MJ IS A DARKSKINNED LATINA NOW, SPIDERMAN IS RUINED
lol enjoy your autism

>>84945746
When I walked in to my viewing the first family in my row was a nice Indian family.
If your post is genuine, you're a whiny faggot and should kill yourself
If you're being ironic... Good job I guess

>>84945752
Your argument was retarded from the start

>>84945739
>at not point is responsibility brought up
Tony stark telling him he endangered everyone on the ferry is literally bringing up responsibility.
Spiderman already bring up the fact that he's responsible by not acting in civil war, it's good that they don't retread the same shit, as much as you'd like that
>>
>>84945898
>When I walked in to my viewing the first family in my row was a nice Indian family.
How did you know they were nice, are you the telekinetic Green Mile guy? Did they offer you a fuck of their daughter? Enough of your sass, you're trying to kill the people who gave you civilization.
>>
>>84945898
>what, did I misspell the word?

LMAO

Keep going. Your retardation is infinitely entertaining to me.
>>
>>84945933
White people's ideal civilization is living in a suburb next to a million homes that look exactly the same. White people are retards that only live to fuck shit up and then cry and blame it on every other race
>>
>>84937749
Think he was gangbanged on set?
>>
>>84945898
>Tony stark telling him he endangered everyone on the ferry is literally bringing up responsibility.
The fact that Tony Stark swooped in to save the day directly contradicts the message. The only consequence to Spiderman's actions were inconveniencing a lot of people and ruining a boat.

>by not acting in civil war
I don't know what you mean by this. It reads like you're saying Spiderman didn't act in Civil War when he quite clearly did. Care to rephrase?

>retread the same shit
A consistent theme and message is not retreading the same shit.
>>
>>84945970
Mary Jane is a spicy Latina and I have a white gf with a fat ass so I could give a shit how hard you're literally lmaoing at my life
>>
>>84946025
>The fact that Tony Stark swooped in to save the day directly contradicts the message. The only consequence to Spiderman's actions were inconveniencing a lot of people and ruining a boat.
So are you saying that Tony Stark should've let people die to sent Peter a message?
>>
>>84946043
Keep going. This is gold.
>>
>>84946049
I'm saying the writers should understand the message of the hero and stop trying to shoehorn in their franchise.

You are confusing a critique of the story-telling with a critique of the plot.
>>
>>84939104
I wanted to be Spiderman after seeing this movie, and I'm nearly a decade older than him. And I'm black.
>>
>>84946025
I think it's foolish to argue that spiderman didn't indirectly cause the deaths of a hundred people to cement the idea of responsibility.

I meant that spiderman says that "when you can do things I can do, and don't, thats when the bad things happen, it's your fault", and this gets repeated to some extent when he's got the choice of just going to homecoming or going off to save Tony's shit even though Tony won't listen and vulture knows who he is

I think repeating the same tired decades old ideas we all know good and well is retreading
>>
>>84945999
I'm not interested in what you think of white people, you only have your received opinion about suburbia because other white people said it first. We made everything you use to live, including this language. You want to destroy us, but you'll leave yourselves with nobody to give you a dole or work and pay the taxes that fund it, ape.
>>
>>84944474

I would definitely argue in favor of superhuman.
There are too many scenes that are outright superpowered, compared to feats that one could say "Well I guess a normal guy could do that at peak shape."
>>
>>84937749
>tfw I look a lot like the image on the left and I've been told as much by others but that means nothing and I'll probably never land a role as an actor
>>
>>84937749
Do they mention his "big difference" cock in this one?
>>
>>84946139
I know how shit suburbia is because I've lived in it you retard
White people didn't invent language they just forced theirs on other cultures cause they're insecure faggots
Everything else in your post is the opinion of an insecure faggot
lemme guess you're white
lemme guess you don't have a gf
>>84944474
Movie cap is obviously superhuman
>>
>>84946201
No, we invented the language you're using to whine in right now. This is literally the English language.

You don't appreciate order. You will appreciate it once people like you have ushered in chaos with your useful idiocy. I already appreciate order.

I've already made it clear that I'm white, and yes, I do have a gf. What will you use to discredit the plain truth with now?
>>
>>84938270

The real problem here is that the character is 15 years old and is not accessible to a wider audience. I know people who love spidey but won't see this movie because 'he's a little high school kid' and it's a film that appeals to children, their parents, and maybe 20 somethings
>>
>>84944888
This isn't a standalone movie, we don't need to complete the whole story right away. Homecoming was about Peter learning and understanding what it is to be Spiderman. The next one will most likely focus more on the Peter side of things
>>
>>84946322
God I'm so tired of this MCU bullshit.
>>
>>84946322
It won't, every Marvel movie from now on is going to have Downey's aging, hair-dyed face creaking in to say "keep caring about these vanilla midgets, I'm in this one too (for a bit), arrrgh please watch, else I might do AIIIITCH". It's becoming a claustrophobic universe.
>>
>>84938307

Peter in the comics asked out girls like a fucking boss. Even though he got rejected or laughed at he would either shrug or hold a creepy grudge.
>>
File: Flash_Thompson.png (123KB, 261x387px) Image search: [Google]
Flash_Thompson.png
123KB, 261x387px
What a fucking waste of a good casting.
>>
>>84946111
>I think it's foolish to argue that spiderman didn't indirectly cause the deaths of a hundred people to cement the idea of responsibility.
Again, this needs to be reworded. Spiderman didn't cause anyone's death - directly or indirectly.

>I meant that spiderman says that "when you can do things I can do, and don't, thats when the bad things happen, it's your fault", and this gets repeated to some extent when he's got the choice of just going to homecoming or going off to save Tony's shit even though Tony won't listen and vulture knows who he is
Thank you for clarifying. My point is that SAYING these things is not enough. We are never shown this.

>I think repeating the same tired decades old ideas we all know good and well is retreading
And you think "if you can, you should" isn't repeating the same old line we've heard over and over again? Of course it is, but that message is a Captain America storyline. Spiderman is meant for a different message.

>>84946322
>Homecoming was about Peter learning and understanding what it is to be Spiderman.
And for me, they missed the mark.
>>
>>84946497
True. I can totally see this dude bullying Spidertwink.
>>
>>84946288
>we we we we
Lemme stop your right there hotshot
All you've ever done is bitch and moan on a Chinese website.
Don't take credit for something some old guys did in a castle hundreds of years ago.
I know taking credit for achievements made centuries ago whilst simultaneously shirking any accountability for the actions your ancestors did in the last couple of generations is key to the white experience but holy fuck, get a grip
>>
>>84946723
So feeble, not even bait, just a dainty hook waved in shallow water by a nigger faggot.
>>
>>84946288

yikes could you be any more grimy
>>
File: le.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
le.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
Will they do a Spiderman where they cut the twat of that darkie open and have a little play with its flaps as it do piss and shit in terror? I'd love to see my helmet surf the blood and shit mixture issuing from that ape cunt's guts. Oh my peenis fucking sings, do you doubt it? Will there be a time to stretch this monkey? Boonaka boonaka! Boonaka boonaka you know? The taste and the knife light nice light knife. O gay he oh gay.
>>
>>84946584
It doesn't need to be reworded, you're clearly upset iron man came and saved the day so you would prefer if spiderman indirectly caused all those people to drown to death, what are you missing here

>were never shown this
I thought I just made it clear that we are

Also, having a spiderman movie about doing good cause you can is pretty textbook, what's the problem here

>>84946847
Lol, rustled af
>>
>>84946992
Spiderman should have saved the day. If every movie from now on is an Iron Man sequel, the potential of the MCU is squandered.
>>
>>84937749
The worst part about the new setting is Tony Starks involvement. Spidey didn't need a mentor before, and IMO it actively hurts the story if he does.

Part of what made Spidey so groundbreaking was that he was a sidekick without a mentor, he was a Robin without a Batman to watch over him. That's a huge part of the Spidey drama, that he tries to do everything by himself, and in the comic it took fucking years for him to even be accepted by the superhero community. His main concern sure as shit wasn't being an avenger or not.
>>
>>84947766
I tend to agree.
One of Peter's saving graces and admirable qualities, even as meek highschoolter, was that he wouldn't take shit from others and would stand up to himself no matter who it was, so it doesn't really fit that he spends the movie jerking off Tony and Happy when they treat him so badly.
>>
>>84938608
>>84938641
>ballroom dancing
>bowling
>what the cool kids do
>>
File: 1429746682697.jpg (26KB, 264x200px) Image search: [Google]
1429746682697.jpg
26KB, 264x200px
>>
File: Doomed-Affairs-04.jpg (523KB, 1322x2018px) Image search: [Google]
Doomed-Affairs-04.jpg
523KB, 1322x2018px
>>84945664
>>>84945127
>I wouldn't care because Mary Jane Watson is literally just a hot redhead fantasy character Peter gets to fuck who bitches that peter is out saving the whole city.

Kindly go suck 50 cocks, shitter.

I for one am pretty fucking annoyed they refuse to give us a proper characterization of MJ. And no Dunst was fucking terrible.
>>
File: 1350305322526428.jpg (34KB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
1350305322526428.jpg
34KB, 544x400px
>>
>>84948507
>she loves spiderman and is hot
THIS IS REVOLUTIONARY CHARACTERIZATION
>>
>>84948928
TYPING IN ALLCAPS ISN'T AN ARGUMENT OR EVEN WITTY
>>
>>84946951
I don't get it. Is she supposed to be super fucking drunk here? Why is she making that face?
Thread posts: 235
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.