[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just saw this shitty movie, ask me anything and I will rant for you.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 10

File: apesposter.jpg (440KB, 800x1185px) Image search: [Google]
apesposter.jpg
440KB, 800x1185px
Just saw this shitty movie, ask me anything and I will rant for you.
>>
>>84933933
why don't you tell us more about the movie you haven't seen.
>>
Was it truly War for the Planet of the Apes?
>>
Is Caesar's death cool?
>>
>>84933989
There was an early viewing, dude.
>>84933996
If it was I am very disappointed. There was one fight scene at the start. Where soldiers from the Colonel's army. They got btfo'd hard. Then, there were small quarrels between apes and humans until the end, when it was a fucking fight between 2 human factions. It was shit.
>>84934051
He slumped over and died.
>>
>>84933933
Are you a contrarian?
>>
>>84934110
No, I loved the first movie and the second one was pretty good, but this third one was pretty shit in my opinion.
>>
>>84933933
How was Woody?
>>
Does he evef get a ceaser salad? lol
>>
succ my dicc
>>
succ my dicc
>>
>>84934130
He was pretty good in my opinion.
>>
So I will give a rundown of what happened in the movie
>start of with the Colonel's army looking for Caesar to kill
>they get BTFO
>Caesar spares some people
>Caesar also decides to move to a desert and out of the forest
>colonel shows no mercy and sends in spec ops team
>Colonel(?) kill's caesar's son and wife
>Caesar goes on mission to find the person who killed his family
>sends rest of the apes to go to the desert
>takes 3 other apes
>they find a girl that is infected with a disease, which happens to be the evolved simian flu, which makes her primitive
>also can't speak
>they take her
>stuff happens and the find another ape
>they go to an old army weapons depot and find that ALL the apes that Caesar left were locked up
>Caesar gets caught by Colonel
>rest of the apes that came with Caesar are fine
>forced labor to make a wall
>Apparently the colonel made the actual army angry by killing people that had the mutated simian flu
>were now preparing to be assaulted by the army
>The little infected girl finds Caesar and gives him a doll she had
>note that the mutated simian flu is very contagious
>actual army shows up
>Caesar's apes that he brought with him ended up freeing the other apes during the commotion
>Colonel had found the doll in Caesar's cage and took it with him
>He now had the simian flu
>Caesar came to kill him but didn't
>Colonel shot himself
>Caesar blows up base while the rest of the apes are running away from the advancing army
>AVALANCHE THAT KILLS EVERYONE EXCEPT FOR THE APES INCLUDING THE ENTIRE ARMY
>they go to the desert
>somehow there is a desert near a snowy mountain
>finally Caesar dies
>girl is still there
>>
>>84934581
Also note that killing the Colonel was Caesar's entire fucking point of leaving, his one goal that he didn't accomplish.
ALSO, there were no good humans in this movie. Only the girl who can't even be considered human.
>>
>>84934132
Lmao!!!
>>
Pretty much fuck humans, fuck America, and fuck white gorillas: The film. The funny thing is that the apes continue the cycle of enslavement in the future. But seriously, I guarantee people are walking out of that movie thinking "omg america would totally do this, white people can't stop enslaving people, I fucking
hate my country". I know this because I heard a girl after the movie say "of course Americans would do that shit".
>>
>>84936591
I know right? It's fucking stupid.
>>
>>84936615
It's sad, they are trying to kill patriotism. People are dumb enough to actually hate their own country over things that many other countries have also participated in. There are people who actually think that the American slave trade was the worst in history.
>>
>>84936756
Is there anything we can do at this point?
>>
>>84933933
Are apes the allegory for niggers that the trailers heavily implied?
>>
>>84936861
Well, I don't remember seeing a black person in the movie, so perhaps. They chimped out quite a few times, but of course they would, they're chimps.
>>
File: Planet+Of+The+Apes+4.jpg (166KB, 1600x1201px) Image search: [Google]
Planet+Of+The+Apes+4.jpg
166KB, 1600x1201px
I just watched Rise and Dawn and really came to love them, is it really so bad? The one trailer I saw made it look like a road trip with girl, Maurice and a talking ape to avenge his dead family; which seemed like a good enough concept to focus on the apes finally. Is the military in this the same military from the end of Dawn?
>>
>>84936861
>>84936892
There was only 1 black human. The rest were white males and a latino with a crossbow. The only white gorilla in the film was also a traitor lmao.
>>
File: 1497264724118.png (594KB, 600x528px) Image search: [Google]
1497264724118.png
594KB, 600x528px
>>84936986
>white gorilla was a traitor
Holy fuck.
>>
>>84933933

what about nova acting?
>>
>>84934581
>>84934616
What do you mean shes primitive. Does the evolved flu mutate them?
>>
>>84937446
Yeah, she can't speak. she can only slightly grunt and she acts like an evolved ape. So she's not completely retarded, but she's as smart as the evolved ape. The evolved flu is to blame.
>>
>>84934616
Caesar gave up on his goal because his quest for revenge is what got his tribe enslaved. The scene where the Colonel was at his mercy was his struggle for letting go of his revenge.
>>
>>84934581
>Desert near snowy mountain

You understand California geography, right? Besides, they mention multiple times it's a long journey to where Blue Eyes and Rocket went.
>>
>>84937473
Holy shit i just now got it that shes the nova from the original planet of the apes
>>
>>84937617
I don't know California I don't live in the US
>>84937615
Yeah, I get it, and it was a good scene looking back on it
>>84937643
I don't know if it's actually Nova. Maybe it's just a reference?
>>
>>84936861
Not really. Swap out the apes for, say Injuns or whatever group of people that want to be left alone, and the movie wouldn't change much. Maybe change the motivation for Colonel Woody Harrelson.
>>
>>84937675
North and south California are pretty much 2 very different countries. Also, it is not out of the question for a person to be able ski, visit the beach, and hit a desert all in 24 hours.
>>
>>84937767
Whoa that's really cool, sounds very fun :D
>>
>>84937793
unless your ape :(
>>
>>84937643
no.. it simply shows why the humans are treated like animals in the ape future... because they devolved into animals!
>>
>>84937793
Just don't kill yourself when driving in California traffic.
>>
>>84937911
But there both named nova? How can she not be nova from the original? Also is there any mention of any monkeys from the original
>>
>>84937978
Cornelius is Ceasar son.
>>
why is there a white girl behind that chimp
>>
>>84938063
Because you're not good enough for her, whitey
>>
why is the chimp making >:( this face
is he mad
what is he mad about
>>
>>84938115
Hes mad cause he wuz kang n sheeit
>>
File: 1492996075001.jpg (90KB, 957x621px) Image search: [Google]
1492996075001.jpg
90KB, 957x621px
>>84938148
>you will never bash a nigger's skull in with a hammer
why even live
>>
File: nopickles.jpg (47KB, 479x255px) Image search: [Google]
nopickles.jpg
47KB, 479x255px
>>84933933
I thought it was fine. I was only slightly let down as I was expecting a bit more from it, but I still enjoyed it. The Moses end was probably my biggest gripe.
>>
>>84933989

Not OP, but I saw it at a free screening in LA. It was pretty solid considering it was a movie with CGI apes. Overall, War > Rise > Dawn.
>>
File: BadApe.jpg (37KB, 640x436px) Image search: [Google]
BadApe.jpg
37KB, 640x436px
I heard some folks didn't like Bad Ape but I liked him through the whole thing. This was definitely the most amusing scene in the film...

https://youtu.be/FCy9A-nfj24
>>
>>84938228
tell me a scene in the movie that isn't in the trailer then.
>>
This movie is incredible. Literally 10/10. The most consistently good franchise in movie history.
>>
>>84938498
In the trailer you get the assumption that the movie will be about a war between apes and humans but in reality it's between two human factions with apes caught in the middle.
>>
>>84938498
OP here, but Spec Ops having there lasers shine through the waterfall when rappelling down to kill Caesar
>>
>>84937978
Director confirmed that she is not the actual Nova. It was just a reference to Nova.
>>
How long until cam?
>>
>>84938536
That's a damn good assessment and the ultimate issue I think I had. Again good movie but I thought they were gonna link up with the other side. Not just run away from both.
>>
>>84934581
>caesar's son
Which one?
>>
>>84938609
The older one, not the small babby. Rocketboy? Or was it just Rocket?
>>
>>84938585
both sides didn't like the apes. Woody side hated them, military was afraid of them/didn't trust them.
>>
>>84938623
Rocket wasn't his son...
>>
>>84938692
I get that NOW. Just was hoping for different prior.
>>
>>84938695
Oh well, whoever the big son was and not the babby.
>>
>>84938498

The name of the girl is Nova because they find an old Chevy Nova emblem. Matt Reeves was also there in person and gave a smal Q&A.
They also shilled the shit out of the movie at the end, so far as encouraging the audience to tweet about Serkis getting an Oscar
>>
So my theory about the little girl being a mutant albino telepath like the ones from beneath the planet of the apes was all wrong?
>>
I don't get it, why should I be rooting for the apes?They aren't my species. Its like rooting for niggers over whites. Fuck that shit
>>
>>84936985
It's more or less exactly what you described with battles to bookend he movie.

OP is a faggot, don't listen to him. Movie is Sergio Leone doing Apocalypse Now with Simians. Woody channels Brando (the good and the bad) for a decent villain.

OP must have completely missed the last 30 minutes of the movie
>>
>>84936861
Allegory for Africans/Mexicans/Vietnamese.

One subplot has Chimps being used for labor to build a wall. Caesar literally says, "He's crazy, that wall won't help them."

Various comparisons to war movies throughout. Korea/Vietnam even American Civil war.
>>
Bad Ape ruined the film

I like the bleak portrayal and the journey but once he showed up he ruined it for me with his comedic timing

I guess I'm just tired of force comedy or quipest capeshit so I'd like to see something different from blockbusters
>>
>>84939652
Agreed, plus you have the idiots that giggled at everything he did. Pathetic.
>>
>>84939652
Bad Ape was one of the best parts. Adds to the lore because he "evolved" on his own after contacting the virus from an infected human. Makes it seem like they're could be many others out there.

Also, is this thread just full of people from The Egytian?
>>
>>84939673
How dare they laugh at the funny parts of the movie?!
>>
>>84939673
in my showing that was only the kids so I guess that was the target audience for the character

>haha monkey made a funny
>>84939701
you can still add the character without forcing him to act as a buffoon all the time, it was cute the first time but got annoying over time
>>
>>84938717
Yeah, I understand your point of view. You want humans and apes to join together and basically live among each other in harmony or at least set up borders. However, you have to understand that the virus has infected everyone (assuming) and the survivors are simply mutating.
>>
>>84939570
>>84939701
>>84939714
samefag?
>>84939723
It ruined the atmosphere. Maybe if he acted silly and scared at first, then got hardened it would have been better?
>>
I'm so upset, guys. This was my favorite modern franchise and the conclusion was lackluster and anticlimactic. Kino for the first fourth of the movie, weird road trip movie for the second fourth, prison break/Holocaust movie for the third fourth, Ten Commandments for the last fourth (fractions are a bit off but whatever).
>>
>>84934581
>>forced labor to make a wall

Wai-waiwaiwait a minute. Is this literally what happens? If so, God, please kill me. I'm supposed to go see this on Saturday.
>>
>>84939858
what's the problem anon?
he's sending them on a fool's errand so to speak
>>
>>84939858
So, what happened is that they somehow take all the apes prisoner and put them in a camp, and now they take rock and try to make a wall to defend against the army coming to kill the Colonel. Note that the army had artillery and tanks. So, instead of killing the apes and getting rid of a threat, they force them to build a wall that didn't even get finished (Or maybe it did. everything got fucked pretty badly so I can't tell if it would have made a difference)
>>
havent watched the movie but whats the deal with this bad ape? why does he look so different from the others
>>
>>84939858
It's true. The wall makes no fucking sense because the other army has missiles that fuck them up pretty quick. There's also conveniently a huge exposed gas tank that Caesar blows up w a grenade to destroy the whole base.

Retarded.
>>
>>84939932
talks in this weird voice and seems like a character to a appeal to the minion crowd.
>>84939934
THE FUCKING GAS TANK. Why? They said in the movie that there were weapons in the mountain, why not put the gas in there where a grenade couldn't destroy an entire base and cause a massive avalanche?
>>
>>84934581
>finally Caesar dies
Why? Was he injured or was it an old age thing?
>>
>>84934581
>>84939858
>>84938609
>>84937617
>>84937446
>>84934616
It's a "White people become extinct for hurting minorities" movie ?
>>
>>84940005
Right after the Colonel shot himself he grabbed some grenades, left the building and came under fire by some troops. and then the person that Caesar saved in the beginning in the movie shot him with a crossbow, but stuff happened and he blew up the base, then went to the desert and slumped over and died from his wound.
>>84940035
Uh, I don't think so, but I don't know if it's not for sure.
>>
>>84939982
That wasn't even the dumbest part. How is it that no one sees Nova walk up to Caesar at the base? How is it that Bad Ape conveniently finds the tunnel? Why does the Colonel keep the apes alive? Why does he want a useless wall? How does Caesar make it through the whole trip w an arrow in his side? How does no one notice the apes escaping? And why why why does the final chapter in this great franchise have the apes remain stationary and helpless for the whole movie? Where's the war? They wasted the Dawn build up so fucking hard.
>>
>>84940082
Fucking this. There is no logic. No patrols, no lookouts, nothing! Terrible!
>>
>>84940094
They wasted this movie nodding too hard at cinematic influences (Bridge on the River Kwai, Ten Commandments, Apocalypse Now, etc) and trying to connect this movie to the original. I'm honestly in fucking shock at how wasted of an opportunity this flick was.
>>
>>84940145
Agreed, friend.
>>
>>84940159
I just wanted monkino, anon... why does the world have to be the way that it is and not the way that I want it to be...
>>
>>84934132
Unironically the best question here.
>>
>>84940178
C'est la vie, friend. My raison d'etre is to find the perfect movie, but I cannot find one, and I will die sad the way everything is going.
>>
>>84940213
What genre you like the most, friend?
>>
>>84937643
People can not be this stupid. Why does so many believe these movies are prequels to the 68 movie?
>>
>>84940222
Well, I do not know if it's a genre, but movies that give you questions A, B, and C. At the end, Questions A, B, and C are answered, but D-Z are given for you to think of. Avant Garde? I do not know
>>
>>84936756
It's actually the other way around. The USA sucks because it is now infested with a bunch of stupid fucking niggers and white third-worldists; and is controlled by a ton of people who are advocates for the third world destroying the first world.
>>
>>84940082
>why does he want a useless wall?

Because that wretched VLADIMIR DRUMPF is building a wall... the Colonel is an evil asshole... and so is DRUMPFTY LUMPFTY, white boi.
>>
Is it Monkino or Apeshit?
>>
Did you like the scene with that cunny Nova?
>>
>>84940361
APESHIT
P
E
S
H
I
T
>>
Okay film, even if it didn't surprise me as much as the prequels. Even if he's kind of one-dimensional, I enjoyed more Kurtz than the girl or the funny chimp, which didn't get many laughs at my viewing.

>>84934051
>>84940005
>>84940068
It's ridiculous how much they kept delaying Caesar's death. In a span of five minutes:
>The colonel doesn't even try to kill him
>He escapes from the soldiers' gunfire
>The PoW from the beginning shots him, but he gets better
>Avoids the helicopter missiles
>Barely avoids the gas tank explosion
>My memory is kind of fuzzy, but I think he blows up another gas tank
>Gets caught by the whole fucking enemy army as they point him with their rifles
>Deus ex machina by avalanche, they all die suddenly. Talk about a wasted opportunity.
>Barely survives the avalanche
>Finally, he dies of old age in the Promised Land

It felt like Dragon's Lair or something like that.
>>
>>84940700
It's fucking stupid, but he died of the wound he received in the base. He got shot with a crossbow and didn't die, then trekked to the desert and right when he got there he finally died. APESHIT.
>>
>>84934581
>Caesar is Moses
>they turned Planet of the Apes into a kike fantasy
>>
File: a5b.jpg (93KB, 552x600px) Image search: [Google]
a5b.jpg
93KB, 552x600px
>>84940787
Fucking terrible
>>
File: theywontbefriendsforlong1.jpg (47KB, 946x533px) Image search: [Google]
theywontbefriendsforlong1.jpg
47KB, 946x533px
>>84936986
>There was only 1 black human.

The future is bright
>>
So where dem dicks at?
>>
>>84939498
The movie wasn't trying to get viewers to root for the Apes. Hell, Movie gave a very valid reason why the Colonel was killing Apes and infected humans.

The movie clearly didn't show humans as bad. It just showed that Humans were fighting for their survival.
Why are people on this board such idiots?
>>
>>84940700

Are the humans extinct? And does the new variant of the virus make the people retarded in addition to taking away their ability to speak?
>>
>>84942816
Colonel thinks that it makes them retarded but there was no proof. There was only proof of them losing their ability to speak.
>>
>>84942677
Bc people in the theater literally root and cheer for the apes, at least that's always been my experience with the last two
>>
>>84942897
People are idiots. They even showed in the end why Colonel's reason for killing infected Humans was a valid one when he got infected from Nova's doll.
>>
>>84933933
Is it as boring as the other 2
>>
>>84940035
ain't that like the whole theme of planet of the apes?
>>
>>84938821
The little girl is literal Nova. She signs to Maurice about is she an ape and he tells her she is "Nova".

Also the flu apparentyl makes people retarded but the girl seemed fine, and the colonel just couldn't speak, but he knew what was going on. Although it could have been because he just got it.
>>
Just got back from seeing it. Really disappointing. I have no idea why it was called War for the Planet of the Apes. This whole movie feels a bit pointless. Dawn had more impact and the battle in Dawn was a million times better than the battles in this movie. I get that they tried to make it a more personal and emotional movie for Caesar but it wasn't executed too well. But who cares because from what I have seen, it is getting praise from most critics and audience members. So I am in the minority.

Also fuck Bad Ape. Why did we need a goofy comic relief character. Dawn had zero humor and it worked in the movies favor. There is no need for humor in every movie.
>>
>>84939498
Because the apes did literally nothing wrong and the Colonel still tried to wipe them out/enslave them.
>>
>>84933933
Does the series continue to make the Apes out to be the "Good guys?"
>>
>>84944110
>Also fuck Bad Ape. Why did we need a goofy comic relief character. Dawn had zero humor and it worked in the movies favor. There is no need for humor in every movie.
>Maurice is now stuck with Bad Ape as the only other English speaking ape.
Being Maurice is suffering.
>>
Why is everyone pissed off about the avalanche? The point is that they can CLIMB. It's a metaphor for "survival of the fittest."
>>
bad ape was gollum rip off
>>
>>84944204
>why did we need a goofy comic relief character
Honestly, I'm glad they did it because the scenes at the work camp were really dark and Bad Ape kept things from getting too dark.
>>
Does the monkey bang cymbal together?
>>
>>84940254
Avant Garde isn't a genre
>>
>>84936985
The criticisms in this thread are genuinely retarded, it's a great movie to round out the trilogy.
>>
>>84938498
Most of the scenes in the trailers are taken from the first half hour or so
>>
>>84938498
"I want that girl" turns out that he never even seen the girl.
>>
A P E K I N O

Contrarian posts just can't into cinema.
>>
>>84942677
You're a literal retard. Having us follow Caesar's journey throughout the whole movie is our first clue that we ahould be rooting for the Apes. Having the Apes show more humanity than Humans is our second clue. The parallels made between the Colonel and Hitler (making the Apes do forced labor) is our third clue. Idiot.
>>
File: 1493024316129.jpg (175KB, 938x844px) Image search: [Google]
1493024316129.jpg
175KB, 938x844px
>>84934095
>>84934581
>>84936591
>>84936615
>>84939498
>Boo hoo hoo it isn't like muh Spidey capeshit
Kill yourself Pajeet
>>
>>84942677
>Why are people on this board such idiots?
This is /tv/, you have to be so retarded that every other boards kicks you out
>>
File: gas.jpg (184KB, 497x495px) Image search: [Google]
gas.jpg
184KB, 497x495px
>>84933933
>>
>>84934581
Fucking snooooooooooze
The Apes are supposed take over. Any "war" should be chimps savagely ripping humans to shreds like a real chimp attack. Do any of these reboot fucks know what the original was about?
>>
>>84948251
Apparently not, pretty sad.
>>
This movie made me understand why Adam hated Dawn.
>>
>>84938609
His wife's.
>>
>>84933933

Bump.
>>
>>84948007

He didn't even hate the Apes, he just considers them a threat to humanity. The closest he ever comes to making an actually hateful remark is calling Caesar's tribe an "unholy kingdom."
>>
>>84944307

I do have to say, that avalanche was so fucking convenient that it could qualify as a deus ex machina. Especially since literally the entire human army was funneled into a narrow pass where the snow could hit all of them at once. A real army is going to have support troops who aren't on the front line. There is no way that the avalanche should have gotten every single human.
>>
>>84948251
Retards like this only watch at a surface level and so are helpless with these kinds of films. The apes of the orginal were corrupted after Caesar left.
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.