[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Dishonest films

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: big short.png (1MB, 1200x849px) Image search: [Google]
big short.png
1MB, 1200x849px
ITT: Dishonest films
>>
>>84931243
literal garbage propaganda. Margin Call takes a much more balanced (and cinematically valuable) approach to the topic
>>
>>84931243
>>84931288
I liked the movie, thought it was overall "solid" but the ending was very ham-fisted; tried too hard to absolve any blame on those who took out the mortgages they couldn't afford in the first place.

What else do you think was wrong with it?
>>
>>84931494
They literslly didnt mention anything about the government which pissed me off. They def had a hand as well in the meltdown
>>
I still don't see why the government decided to do that bailout.
>>
>>84933147
had they not enough debts would have not been met to wipe out significantly more capital than was already lost. the problem people have with it is that the people who they felt were most responsible for the meltdown were rewarded personally.
>>
>>84931243
>shills for globalists
>>84932770
are you fucking kidding me, did you even watch it
>>
>>84931243
OP sounds like a wall street reject who thinks Goldman Sachs will give him a job if he does their bidding for them
>>
>>84933617
wat.
>>
>>84931243
It was complete bullshit.

Good film though.
>>
>>84931243
I have a PHD in finance, and teach at Northwestern.

The movie is good, the explanations are okay and mostly accurate just very oversimplified. The director is a huge Bernie bro and it shows.

Despite what /pol/ tells you, Bernanke, Paulson, and Gietner saved the country from a depression
>>
>>84933406
It made no mention of the government's role in guaranteeing the loans
>>
>>84931243
Pretty good, but it showed poor people and immigrants having a hand in the disaster, then cursed the audience for blaming them.
>>
>>84935737
>Bernanke, Paulson, and Gietner saved the country from a depression
How so?
>>
>>84935737

>I have a PHD in finance, and teach at Northwestern

If you are who I think you are then you're an absolute faggot.
>>
>>84935840
TARP saved us from a complete collapse of the financial system.
>>
>>84935737

>http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/departments/finance/faculty.aspx

Looks like a bunch of spergs

Gimme investment advice now so I can pass it off to /biz/
>>
>>84935960
I'm the one with a Wikipedia page

Cryptocurrencies are a bubble.
>>
>>84936062

Ah, think I found you. Nice work.

I'm a no-coiner so I'll avoid that for a while.
>>
>>84935737
Please don't actually be a real professor, I weep for your students
>>
>>84931494

>tried too hard to absolve any blame on those who took out the mortgages they couldn't afford in the first place

People like you are the worst. You are same as feminists saying men should be told not to rape. Just shut the fuck up, saying stupid things lowers the standard of discussion which is bad for us all.
>>
>>84937061
>my knowledge is more than yours even though you're professionally educated

Every fucking time
>>
>>84937207
>t. guy with a "Ph. d" from a degree mill
>>
>>84937171
>standard of discusison
>continunes to compare rape to not taking out a loan you can't pay for

kill yourself you stupid fucking nigger
>>
>>84935805
Ignorant poors and subraces aren't to blame for knowledgeable and duplicitous jews trying to take advantage of them.
>>
>it's a /pol/ doesn't know whether to shit on finance jews or poor niggers episode

god I love reruns
>>
>>84937249
>t. guy who only just barely managed to squeak past the bar for high school
>or worse, someone with a STEM degree
>>
File: IMG_8223.gif (2MB, 331x197px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8223.gif
2MB, 331x197px
>You've got a matching butler boy you butt fuck
>>
>>84937810
>doesn't post alma mater
LOL
Also I guarantee a STEM degree from a top 20 school is more rigorous than whatever degreefarm PhD you have
>>
>>84937171
Retarded analogy that makes no sense.
>>
>>84937249
Please present an argument or stop posting
>>
>>84937916
>let me qualify an autistic LARPer to argue about a 2 year old movie
>>
>>84937963
Oh you were just troleing me haha ebin post /b/rother
>>
>>84937324
>>84937885
It makes perfect sense

>dumb people take out mortgages they can't afford (men in this example)
>house dealer companies gladly ablige (rapee in this example)
>>
>>84938037
>house dealer companies
Time to stop posting
>>
>>84938019
There are students out there whose Economics professor is arguing on a Chinese cartoon at 3 am.

Sad!
>>
>>84938037
Wrong
Dumb people = small guys
House dealer companies = Stacey
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.