[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: The biggest fuck-ups in Star Wars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: Jedi_Youngling.png (881KB, 1280x546px) Image search: [Google]
Jedi_Youngling.png
881KB, 1280x546px
The worst things about Star Wars ITT
>>
>>84924335
Rey and Quin(?) (the black guy I forgot his name)

the mexican x-wing pilot is like the only cool character and the death star planet that shoots fucking balls of fire and kills 3 planets at once and then proceeds to get blown up in like 10 mins

like holy fuck dude I just hate star wars now I think, im just done with it its fucking lame now
>>
>>84924878
Disney wars isnt star wars.
>>
>>84924335
>The prequel's more childish approach with George Lucas' focus on the children yet their are adult themes such as trade, tariffs, and politics thrown into it
>George Lucas going back to the original trilogy and editing in stupid cgi characters that have no business being there "Oh look, a stormtrooper climbing off a dewback" and that big alien blocking the scene for a few seconds
>Characters had potential but are only subjected to looking cool
>Jar Jar Binks
>Ewoks. Even I as a kid thought it was stupid to include them. It should have just been rebel infantry fighting against mechanized Imperial units
>Midichlorians
>Padme is like, 10 years older than Anakin and she knew him as a kid and that's weird
>Anakin partaking in an assault against the Federation blockade
>Hardly any Mangna Guard action
>Battle Droids aren't mindless terminators. Instead they're comedic relief
>too much cgi
>We couldn't see Padme get bred by Anakin
>>
As far as the prequels...all Lucas had to do was tell the same story as the original trilogy except in reverse. He failed. He also pushed CGI way past it's limits to the point of the effects being mocked as those of a video game. There was also a serious lack of character development, poor casting decisions, and a plot that failed to sufficiently inform on the events of the original trilogy.

TFA wasn't terrible but a lot of the same mistakes were made. I don't know how. Disney has all the resources one Earth available and they still couldn't pull it off. TFA, despite initial positive reviews, hasn't aged well in a year and a half.
>>
Rey
>>
>>84924878
Finn is a shit character that shouldve been cool, what a wasted opportunity.

As similar Starkiller(?) Base was to the Death Star, it actually got shit done; destroy the whole fucking Republic.
>>
>>84924968
>We couldn't see Padme get bred by Anakin
Wow, I didn't know I wanted that scene until now
>>
File: IMG_9380.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9380.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
Pretty much everything about Return of the Jedi, barring Choreography, Set Design, Cinematography, and the Score.
What the fuck were they thinking with Darth Vader's redemption? This shit made zero sense and his relationship with Luke was nonexistent. I guess when you have an emotional composer like John Williams you can just have him cover for incompetent screenwriters.
>>
File: StarWarsMoviePoster1977 (1).jpg (151KB, 300x470px) Image search: [Google]
StarWarsMoviePoster1977 (1).jpg
151KB, 300x470px
It's been a mistake since day 1, tbqhwy desu senpai phamalamadingo
>>
Is the meme that the prequels were good still being forced by newfags?
>>
>>84925203
>eyebrows
>>
>>84925308
Star Wars always sort of sucked, things like KOTOR make me forget this.

KOTOR genuinely builds a much more interesting world, better locations and characters than any of the movies
>>
>>84928123
He didn't have cancer, just the dark side.
>>
>>84928980
I'm hoping SW8 at least introduces the concept of "grey jedi".
>>
>>84924335

> star wars
>>
>>84929044
my sides
>>
>>84925308
>>84928980
This
KOTOR II, and maybe the Darth Bane trilogy are really the only worthwhile parts of Star Wars. Everything else is trash tier.
>>
>>
how about the best things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nk_WHHTQtY
>>
>>84930472
I still can't get over that they rehashed the Death Star again.
>>
File: World_Devastators.jpg (316KB, 790x1037px) Image search: [Google]
World_Devastators.jpg
316KB, 790x1037px
>>84930424
but you're wrong though
>>
>>84930424
was KOTOR really good or did I just like it because I was like 13 years old when it came out?
>>
>>84930472
But that's not TPM
>>
>>84931293
it's worse
>>
>>84924335
I know this scene is low hanging fruit, but it really does epitomize why the prequels were so terrible.
>>
>>84930424

KOTOR IS FUCKING TRASH FUCK OFF /V/ it has the shittiest art direction as well
>>
>>84931289
KOTOR the first was shit, Bioware's last good game was Baldur's Gate 2.
>>
>>84925101
Shut up faggot, it destroyed a couple meaning, context less planets, in a meaningless, mediocre movie.
>>
>>84924968
Is it confirmed Padme was into /ss/?
>>
>>84931324
Not possible.
>>
The worst things were Ewoks in RotJ. Everything in TFA was terrible from the beginning to the end. Finns entire motive and stupid reasoning to join the resistance. Reys entire mary sue character.
>>
>>84930424
BANE?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.