[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Predator is ‘Not a Sequel’, Says Keegan-Michael Key

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

>Originally announced back in June 2014 by Fox, director/writer Shane Black (Iron Man 3) wrapped up filming The Predator back in June. Whilst the details of the plot have been kept under total secrecy, various teases and small details have inevitably leaked online and started rumors about things which may or may not be included in the finished film. Jake Busey is said to be playing the son of Gary Busey’s character from Predator 2, while some set photos showed the Predator riding in a tank. And yet we still don’t officially know how or if the story will acknowledge the past films in the franchise. We do know that it has an incredible cast – one which Keegan-Michael Key joined back in January.

>Key made some interesting comments about the film when talking to EW. Referring to its relationship to the 1987 original, he says;

>“Predator was a real privilege to do, and if people think they’re going to see a remake of the original movie, they’re in for a surprise, A very pleasant surprise … It’s not a sequel… It certainly lives in the universe of the five films that were made. I think that’s probably the best way to say it and the only way I can say it right now.”

Its not a sequel /tv/

Calm your tits

Always bet on Black
>>
What is wrong with being a sequel?
>>
>You'll never see him coming

This could be pasted over my face and distributed to all females ;_;
>>
I know hes lying for a fact

There is no way Black does not bring back the drums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqnqYjVcH-4
>>
>>84920199
>It certainly lives in the universe of the five films that were made
>five films

There's only three Predator films so far.
>>
>>84921381

Predator,
Predator 2,
AVP,
AVP2,
Predators
>>
>>84921427

Who the fuck acknowledges AvP films?! Even Fox said they're independent and not even in the canon of either Alien or Predator.
>>
>>84920408
>shared universe
This is what the kids are buying today
>>
Really now?
http://screenrant.com/jake-busey-the-predator-character-shane-black-gary/
>>
>>84921427
confirmed shit, move along
>>
File: hybrid.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
hybrid.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>84921477
not even hardcore AvP comic fans recognize the movies as real. Shits were abortions of the highest caliber
>>
>>84921757
YOU HAVE TO EAT ALL THE EGGS
>>
>It’s not a sequel… It certainly lives in the universe of the five films that were made.
???
>>
File: 1459495286392.jpg (36KB, 276x276px)
1459495286392.jpg
36KB, 276x276px
>>84921477
I didn't see AvP2
I went to the cinema, bought a ticket for it, sat down and watched it but I didn't see it
It was so fucking dark! I couldn't make out shit!
It had other problems too. It felt like the cast was pulled out of some teenage romcom. When I go to see Aliens fighting Predators, I do no want to see teenage highschool drama bullshit.
And I remember the one line, the one fucking line that pissed me off more than any other in the entire movie was
>The government doesn't lie to people!
Motherfucker, there have been lies for every single iteration of every single film for both franchises dating right back to Alien and Predator! Who the fuck thought to put this fucking line into the film?
>>
>>84920199
so it's a soft reboot, which is something objectively worse?
>>
File: 1461947495372.gif (1MB, 486x289px) Image search: [Google]
1461947495372.gif
1MB, 486x289px
>>84921477
The Only reason the AvP films exist is because the set designers for Predator 2 were decorating the interior of the ship and had to come up with all sorts of interesting alien skulls to show the kind of hunters they were.
And one guy, one fucking guy, though out loud "Wouldn't it be cool if there was an Alien skull on the wall?"
And from that we have dismal excuses for films and video games
>>
>>84921915
you do know that characters in movies can tell lies right?
>>
>>84921995
>And from that we have dismal excuses for films and video games

AVP2 is great
>>
>>84921477
AvP was a great move though. Even if it isn't cannon
>>
>>84920199
>Always bet on Black

Not after IM3
>>
>Not a Sequel

It's a prequel. Jake is playing a younger version of his father.
>>
>>84921757
That whole sequence was so unnecessary.
>>
>>84923180

They are using modern guns in the cast photo
>>
>>84920199

>an incredible cast – one which Keegan-Michael Key joined back in January

Can't be that incredible then, can it?
>>
>>84921995

The games were good. The movies should have been set in Alien times instead of having xenomorphs fighting modern day people on Earth.
>>
>>84923656
If they had just filmed Prey instead of cutting it up piecemeal for the first movie, everything would've been fine.
>>
>>84923656
But then they'd have to do Future Predators
And I don't want to even guess how much of a shitshow that'd be
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.