[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this movie? I've been thinking of checking it out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Thoughts on this movie? I've been thinking of checking it out
>>
its good acting wise and got some nice indie music and a decent atmosphere. i found the seizure scene really out of place and didnt even know what was happening when i saw it, but otherwise its fine. but you should know that this is nothing like the Tim & Eric comedy, its more a cynical drama.
>>
It's very good, great even. Don't know why you'd make this thread though, as spoilers are already getting posted.
>>
>>84917181
i dont think its even possible to spoil this movie.
>>
it's a great movie and a must-watch for 90% of this board
>>
>>84917563
You're right in a way of course, it's not that kinda movie, but i just never understand the 'bout to watch this so what am i in for' threads, as i'm someone who likes to go into a film completely clean. Of course posters are gonna talk about plot points. Your description was apt and a good post, but i wouldnt want to watch it, already expecting and waiting for the seizure scene for instance. Maybe autistic. Whatever, it's a great film and Entertainment as well.
>>
>>84917641
Shut the fuck up faggot
>>
>>84917641
i guess people are different, im very tolerant about spoilers and they never make a movie less enjoyable for me even if i know major plot points (not that i would post major spoilers though).

but especially in this case it would have helped me if someone told me there was a seizure scene because the way it is edited and the way it appears made me not understand what was happening and why.
>>
>>84917641
OP here. You're right, I should try to steer away from any spoilers. I guess I sort of was wondering if it was worthwhile more than anything.
>>
It's fine, I didn't like it when it first come out because I wanted it to be a comedy. I haven't rewatched because it felt to pretentious. But now I'm thinking I was uncomfortable because it's just to accurate at what it was trying to portray
>>
File: 1488079741496.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488079741496.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>84918241
>to pretentious
>to accurate
i had to point that out
>>
>>84917076
See it, why not.
It's not brilliant, it's far too bloated to really reach a point. It's sort of The Big Lebowski but for insufferable people. In that there is a meandering plot, lots of dialogue that leads nowhere etc.

It's huge loss is that whilst it is so pessimistic and has character, it never tries to make a point out of it, much like a teenager's head. The ending is unfulfilling in that regard and I'll never see it as great because of it.
It makes reference to big ideas when it only really succeeds at analyzing finding social adventures as an adult and really it should have stayed in that territory. The seizure scene isn't that bizarre, considering how the film was failingly trying to hide the burgeoning problems that exist below the social stratosphere.
Sort of like if Scorsese showed sex in Taxi Driver though, it misses the point.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.