[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck did the same person that made this make Chappie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

How the fuck did the same person that made this make Chappie and Elysium? I'd literally rather watch this 6 times than watch those two movies again.
>>
>>84911651
Would love to see this as a full feature. Reminded me a bit of harbinger down
>>
>>84911651
What's dat?
>>
>>84911651

I like that even if this doesn't get expanded, it still tells enough of a story that I'd be satisfied. It's a shame that Dead Space is effectively done because Blomkamp would do an awesome DS movie.
>>
>>84911651
Blomkamp gets too much shit. Even though Chappie and Elysium were a bit hamfisted with their messages, and D9 was too if you really think about it, he's a great visual director and he takes chances by creating new Sci-Fi properties. Dude should be celebrated for at least trying to be original. Instead we live in a world where 5 comic book movies and 10 sequels or remakes of established franchises are typical summer fare at the kinoplex. And people swallow that shit up.
>>
Bloms needs a better script writer. His direction is fine
Chappy was dumb but elysium was fine and probably would have been really good if studio didn't interfere so much
>>
>>84912002
he's great at conceptualising interesting things and visually realising those concepts but he REALLY needs someone else to write the actual plot and script in his movies

>>84912047
agreed on all counts
>>
>>84912002

Chappie and Elysium would be both 9/10 movies if you re-wrote essentially all the garbage dialogue to actually sound like how real people talk instead of exposition dumps. As it stands they're both 5/10.
>>
>>84911651
Rakka was even better.

Thing is Blomkamp could've used the budget for the shorts and could've made a full feature movie.
>>
>>84911651
>How the fuck did the same person that made this make Chappie and Elysium?
because this time he simply ripped of Dead Space instead of trying to come up with his own idea
>>
>>84912125

Rakka would be a great TV show. I feel like there's too much story potential to limit it to a movie.
>>
>>84912090
>>84912002
that sounds like basically any big fantasy/scifi director of the last 20 years
>>
>>84912125
>>84912218
Rakka was the worst in my opinion
everything in the lore seemed off.
like the aliens technology didnĀ“t seem to fit at all to them and the overall look of it was pretty bad and cheap.
only cool concept was that angle like creature coming down to help humantiy fight against the aliens but that was only featured for 2 seconds
>>
>>84911651

I want somebody to make essentially Alien: Isolation but with this thing. And as the game goes on it gets bigger/stronger/faster/smarter etc as it absorbs more people.

This and the River God are the most interesting creature designs in years.
>>
wtf is this thread& you all either stupid or shills
blomkamp is a hack
>>
Is that an adaptation of that videogame Inside?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.