[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prince of Darkness (1987)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: Prince_of_darkness.jpg (19KB, 242x378px) Image search: [Google]
Prince_of_darkness.jpg
19KB, 242x378px
What is /tv/s opinion on this film? Rewatched it last night and it's pretty great.

This scene is absolute kino: https://youtu.be/iY-QBvy3lR8
>>
it's cheesy and lame as fuck. fine for what it is but it's boring.
>>
Good. Not great like some people have you believe. Better ideas than execution. Needed a bigger budget.
>>
>>84909979
Are you the guy who made this thread three times in one night a couple weeks ago?
>>
It's miles better than the recently overhyped The Void, that's for fucking sure. John Carpenter knows how to create a feeling of dread and those scenes from the future are creepy af due to how they were shot.
>>
I really like how the music builds in this film.
>>
reminder millennials are hyping movies that were dismissed as boring as fuck because they can play with their phones while waiting through the shitty parts.
>>
File: Prince of Darkness dream.jpg (171KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Prince of Darkness dream.jpg
171KB, 1600x900px
>>
>>84910406
Spoopy
>>
One of my favourites from Carpenter, I like it a lot. The plot sounds silly but honestly I think it's a pretty fucking eerie movie. A lot of great scenes like the black guy looking in the mirror and crying, the dream sequences, the "message" etc. The soundtrack's pretty fantastic too. Very underrated for sure.
>>
>>84910406
What's /tv/'s opinion on the ending?

Here's what I think: since it's not the same person coming out of the church, they actually managed to change the future but not for the best. Because the main character is still receiving the dream at the end, the future is still fucked but now Satan could simply be in Catherine's body.
>>
Its shit, the plot relies entirely on the fact that everyone America is a mouthbreather
>>
>>84910876
Yeah, no matter what they did they couldn't stop it, only change some details.
>>
File: s.jpg (54KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
54KB, 1280x544px
I'm torn by this movie. On one hand the acting is mostly bad, there's a lack of a charismatic main character and the second act drags a lot; but it has a lot of neat ideas like the time-travelling dream sequences, some really cool practical effects and a fantastic open ending and final shot.
>>
>>84909979
I've seen The Thing and In The Mouth of Madness, been meaning to watch this but can't find a decent torrent
>>
>>84909979
I would remake this film. But I would change stuff, like that mustache white guy never scores with that redhead, instead she fucks some black guy and the guy gets buttmad hard, then the professor ask them to investigate. The rest of the movie happens like in the original, but at the end of the film white boy sacrifices himself so that the white girl and the black guy can survive. But the last shot of the movie is the mustache white guy seeing her getting fucked hard by a black guy because he sees our world in the mirror. He looks how many babies they have, and how a wonderful marriage they have. And this pisses him off, and as he screams in anger the movie ends, setting up the sequel - Prince of Darkness 2 - Angry White Boy's Revenge that never happens because it flops hard.
>>
>>84912089
You can't find a decent torrent? What format are you looking for, I see lots of seeded torrents on Bit Che.
>>
Love that this movie. Needs remade! Put Alice cooper in it again as a homeless killer!
>>
File: ss.jpg (208KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
208KB, 1280x544px
Some of the imagery is great.
>>
>>84910320
The music is basically its own character in the movie.
>>
>>84912129
WE
>>
File: SERLING.png (196KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
SERLING.png
196KB, 500x374px
Not particularly enjoyable, but a crafty and very visually interesting film. The practical effects are fun. The music is good and well utilized. The video "dream" segments and the ending stuck with me as being pretty unsettling. It's lacking any good meat, but it's got a lot of great elements.
>>
>>84913458
Forgot to mention: it also has a really strong sense of apocalypse. From the very start it's really tense and you can feel that something big and terrible is about to happen. The problem is that it doesn't really give you much to string you along. Stuff just kind of happens.
>>
>>84909979
It's the ultimate pleb filter, a pleb will tell you that it's boring because nothing happens, it's slow, it looks cheap or poor executed.
>>
>>84909979
Anti-God as a incoming world-ending threat is a pretty interesting concept for a horror movie. It's also nicely executed.
Generally underrated among general audiences and slightly overrated among Carpenter fans.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.