[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DUDE LET THE MYSTERY BE LMAO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 18

File: p13757733_b_v8_aa.jpg (675KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p13757733_b_v8_aa.jpg
675KB, 960x1440px
DUDE LET THE MYSTERY BE LMAO
>>
>>84909038
>there are people who unironically believe this show was supernatural

Has there ever been a show so misunderstood?
>>
File: tb.jpg (25KB, 660x468px) Image search: [Google]
tb.jpg
25KB, 660x468px
>>84909038
>When I find myself in times of trouble
>>
Nora's final recounting of her going to the "departed's place" and back was pretty much the same kind of ending as the sopranos'...
>>
>everyone shits on lost because it's ending was shit and failed to satisfactorily tie all the bows of the mystery
>decide to not eplain the mystery and just have an interesting character study
>REE THEY DIDN'T EXPLAIN ALL THE MYSTERY

fucking autists
>>
>>84909038

Just let the mystery be
>>
The only mystery is what happened to Aimee. Why they replaced her with a pack of black folks I will never understand.
>>
>>84909054
Has a lot to do with how the show completely failed to make anything ambiguous at all.
>>
>>84909854
>decide to not eplain the mystery and just have an interesting character study

Too bad the show undermined it's own attempts at character study by being entirely plot driven.
>>
but they didn't let the mystery be, that's the fucking sad part. the very last episode shat on everything by saying NOPE - NO MYSTERY, JUST A HEART CONDITION LEL
>>
dude it was all about the characters LMAO
>>
File: chk_captcha.jpg (90KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
chk_captcha.jpg
90KB, 970x545px
I'm sorry, but this girl cannot act. Even her face puts me to sleep.
>>
>>84909054
>there are people who unironically believe this show was supernatural

Uh,yes sweetie it is. Kevin died and was resurrected multiple times, okay honey?v
>>
>>84910177
corpse eyes.
>>
>>84910179
>Kevin died and was resurrected multiple times, okay honey

B-BUT MUH HEART CONDITION

leftover fans are pants on head with shit in it retarded
>>
Maybe you should watch a show for kids like Breaking Bad if this is too much for your little sissy brain to handle.
>>
>>84910230
so what was it?
>>
File: download (3).jpg (6KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
6KB, 183x275px
>>84910269
it was let the mystery be
>>
>>84910177
>>84910214
She looks like Snow White.
>>
>>84909038
fuck the MYSTERY even if the MYSTERY was answered the the idea of how humans will deal with something totally out of their control and how humanity itself has gone mad is better than any MYSTERY resolution
>>
autists hate ambiguity
>>
DOOD 2 DEEP 4 U lmao
2 INTELLIGENT 2 LIKE THIS ART xd
>>
anything that triggers the autist is a-ok with me
>>
I'm on the last episode is it worth watching or shall I just say fuck it and leave the mystery be boys?
>>
>>84910622
shouldve dropped it after 1st season
>>
>>84910622
no, john,
you are the mysterys

and then john was the mystery
>>
>>84910532
>the idea of how humans will deal with something totally out of their control and how humanity itself has gone mad

well its a good thing that got dropped pretty quickly in favor of the rapid fire plot elements

plz let mistri be
>>
>>84910852
now on episode 2 of season 2 should i stop
>>
>season 1
people dealing with grief
>season 2 and 3
kevin is jesus and he has to go to limbo to measure his dick for identification and speak with dead people

BRAVO LINDELOF
>>
>>84911025
well season 1 was shit
>>
>>84911024
nope, watch everything except for the very last episode
>>
>>84911075
closest the series ever came to good, though.
>>
>>84911024
there's some decent unintentional hilarity in season 2.

season 3 is just a dull slog, as they start trying to be funny.
>>
Easily the best show this decade.
>>
women will love it, especially after the asspull that saved the bitch's ass in the final episode.

got to say though the bitch is written very well.
>>
>sees her family living happily in the other place
>doesn't want to ruin it
>goes back
>too ashamed to go back to kevin
>years go by living alone
>kevin finds her and says he still loves her

and what does she do after learning that hey maybe she's wrong about people not loving her? she chooses to fuck kevin instead of going back to her kids

fuck nora
>>
>>84909038
whoever continued to watch this show beyond season one is a literal pleb.
>>
>>84912444
what if I watched it ironically?
>>
man s2+3 was really shitty.

best episode was reverands in s1.
>>
>>84912471
then you would be lying to yourself
>>
>>84909038
The show should have basically been one long version of "International Assasin" after the set-up of the first 2 episodes.
>>
If you enjoyed the finale you are level 5 fedora. It was absolute shit to the point where I think they purposely made it awful to see if some retarded autistic faggots fell for the big joke.

And you did, all of you idiots did.
>>
>>84912361
She didn't go through the machine. She chickened out and was ashamed.
>>
>>84910177
YOU DON'T BADMOUTH MY WAIF WITHOUT REPERCUSSIONS
>>
oN EPISODE 4 OF SEASON 2

AND 3 GIRLS WENT MISSING

> DOES THAT MEAN 3 PEOPLE CAME INTO THE TOWN SO 3 PEOPLE HAD TO GO ?
>>
>>84913127
this.
i see the episode like 4 or 5 times, she says "st..." before the cut. "stop"
>>84913591
seriously dude?
>>84912719
i love the body change dynamic in the most powerful man in the world(and his identical twin brother)
>>
>>84913772
>seriously dude?
WHat ?
>>
>>84910622
Its an epilogue, not really an ending. The ending is episode 7.

I still love the show despite how botched the later seasons get. The acting carries dis shit
>>
>>84913809
you have a big imagination
>>
>>84914086
for you
>>
>Only a single Emmy nomination

Has the Leftovers been btfo'd?
>>
>>84913591
How old are you
>>
File: vm varga.jpg (30KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
vm varga.jpg
30KB, 450x450px
>>84914311
>g
make you point

IM a retard stupid faggot pleb what SAY WHAT U HAVE TO SAY
>>
>>84909054
It was supernatural, the departure was just that. But everything supernatural was just window dressing. People following delusions and getting swept up in mythologies in the process of knowing themselves and building up their own beliefs.
>>
>>84909854
I'd argue the problem with Lost wasn't that it avoided explaining the mystery. It got *too* into explaining it while not really providing a satisfying explanation. The entire last season was that. Before hand quite a lot was just characters going through their own story arcs and developments, and that's where the show shined. I think Lindelof, though he doesn't exactly admit it, took thought of why people didn't like the ending of Lost and kind of fixed the direction in The Leftovers by making it even less willing to give actual explanations.
>>
File: 4xcsf.jpg (128KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
4xcsf.jpg
128KB, 1600x900px
i dont get the hate so far im mid caw through season 2 and to me its a show about an unexplained even that happen that sent humanity as a whole mad and this one man dealing with his mental illness and the event at the same time but we are seeing shit from his POV a crazy POV

The event itself doesnt matter remember back at the cave woman some can say she child was "SPECIAL" in some way thats why she lived but she just happened

What drove humanity mad is trying to understand a universe that is beyond human understanding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVy5hCtF8sU
>>
>>84914785
That's what frustrates me about a lot of the criticism. The whole point of the departure isn't a mystery to be solved, it's a catalyst for people to realize the absurdity of existence. The whole idea of "why am I here but others aren't?", which is a question obvious in the face of the departure, even though it's still a valid question in regular life.
>>
>>84914785
That's exactly what the show's about /tv/ is just too retarded/contrarian to enjoy it
>>
2deep4u
stick to shows like game of thrones kiddos
>>
>>84914975
Baby's first nihilism.
>>
File: scott-glenn-justin-theroux.jpg (34KB, 656x338px) Image search: [Google]
scott-glenn-justin-theroux.jpg
34KB, 656x338px
>>84914975
his father told him that at the flash back birthday party

>IT "life ,existence" is enough

the event is something HUMAN just cant understand so they lose their shit and call it a miracle but the idea that the universe or humans even exist is something of a miracle
>>
>>84915157
So the show has absolutely zero point and gets away with it because it is constantly saying it has absolutely zero point. Truly the greatest story ever told.
>>
>>84914012
By the acting you mean the soap opera crying.
>>
>>84910123
If you weren't unable to realize this since the beginning you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>84910852
>thinking the plot is that relevant
>>
>>84915720
If you weren't able to realize that the "characters" in this so called "character study" both never acted like anything within the realm of normal human beings and never went through arcs of any kind then you are the retard.
>>
>>84912759
(You)
>>
>>84915764
Remove the shitty clickbait plot elements and you have zero show.
>>
>>84909938
In the book she gets a job at Denny's and moves out of Kevin's place, so presumably the same thing happens in the show universe.
>>
>>84914785
Underage posters think they sould be entertained by this show which is why they get mad. I think this is literally the only place on the internet where people don't like it. And whenever someone gives actual reasons for why they think it's bad instead of the usual shitposting they are always wrong or misinterpreted everything.
>>
>>84915838
In the book does Kevin become Jesus Christ and get resurrected multiple times? Because I think it makes more sense that show Aimee woke up one day with wings and a halo and started flying around farting rainbows.
>>
>>84915141
>nihilims
Is that the first time you use the word? Seems like it.
>>
>>84915806
It's not plot driven. The plot in this case is just a vehicle for the character development.
>>
>>84915775
>never went through arcs of any kind
You clearly didn't watch the same show.
>>
>>84915870
The internet loves Westworld too friendo. If you had the mental capacity of an adult you would understand that having a show that is strung along by bullshit mysteries featuring cardboard cut out characters crying to sweeping orchestral scores whose central point is that life is mysterious and hard only has depth if you are still in middle school and haven't learned about existentialism yet.
>>
>>84915141
>babbys first nihilism
>was actually a show about Nietzscheism and fighting against the dread forces of nihilism.
>>
>>84915904
Is this your first time reading? No wonder you think The Leftovers is the deepest shit ever.
>>
>>84914601

Obviously the departure was supernatural. Everything else has an explanation though. This is the reason it was a great show.
>>
>>84916031

>Except the show's central thesis is life has no point and fuck you for believing in anything
>>
>>84916006
>>84916035
I never said the show was deep. The fact that you think that any show that explores its own philosophy is trying to be deep or intelectual says how insecure you are.
>>
>>84915972
Dream sequences don't count.
>>
>>84916081
That's not true at all. Did you even watch the show?
>>
>>84916006
Nah most people acknowledge that Westworld was shit and only praise specific aspects of it like some of the acting, etc. And some could be paid critics since HBO is trying to push it so hard. They didn't care about pushing The Leftovers tho.
>>
>>84916096
You said that people who don't like it don't understand it and that only truly evolved beings such as yourself can watch programming that is devoid of entertainment on every level and still be satisfied.
>>
>>84916081
If you didn't see the show you don't have the right to discuss it. You have no idea what you're talking about or you completely missed the point if this is your take and not poor bait.
>>
>>84916081
Is that what you got out of Kevin's dad at the end of season 3? That his life had no point and fuck him for believing in anything? That's sad.
>>
>>84916127
>These mysteries that comprise 80% of the show? Fuck you you should have known that life is meaningless and random shit happens for no reason which is why we can do whatever we want under the guise of elementary school ambiguity!
>>
>>84915720
MUH CHARACTERS

the characters are a joke and are only there to react to the shitty mysterious plot happenings while violin music blares in the background. it's so false. the first season was fine, after that it turned into another lindelof pile of plot autism. this show is impressive to 20 year olds that have ADHD
>>
>>84916166
>truly evolved beings
Never said that. You're making shit up and projecting your own insecurities. I said that the demographic in this board probably has a wrong approach to the show since they always look for entertainment when the show is not about escapism. Saying that adults will understand better an adult drama aimed for adults most of the time than teenagers is not the same as "pretending that the show is deep and intelectual".
>>
>>84916171
>LET THE MYSTERY BE FORGET ABOUT THE MYSTERIES ON OUR SUPERNATURAL MYSTERY SHOW
>>
>>84914975
The problem is after the departure the show starts running seasonal arcs of plot driven mysteries to be solved which are related on some level to the departure.

So trying to say "LET MYSTERY BE PLZ" when every season is going to be centered around a departure related mystey just smacks of hackery. As it's setting up a huge plot device generation factory at the center of the narrative and trying to say "IGNORE THIS!"
>>
>>84916273
>they always look for entertainment when the show is not about escapism
That explains all those posters mad about the mysteries not being openly explained. Explanations are entertaining, ambiguity isn't.
>>
>fans of the show constantly say it was all about the characters
>they then start posting their own interpretations of the mysteries in the show

HMMMMMM. why aren't you letting the mystery be?
>>
>>84916273
If you were an actual adult you would know that The Leftovers has less insight into the human condition than a daytime soap opera.
>>
>>84916269
>MUH
>MYSTERY

This is an unhealthy obsession.
>>
>>84916378
Nice tryhard contrarian opinion. Can you back it up?
>>
File: The.Leftovers.S02E05.jpg (68KB, 580x324px) Image search: [Google]
The.Leftovers.S02E05.jpg
68KB, 580x324px
The even happened This pastors hears about this place where noone was taken he thinks its special and moves their with his brain dead wife

the first night there his wife came back normal But in the morning she is back to being brain dead

Now he does the same thing he did that fist day there OVER AND OVER AND OVER he did that fist day hoping something will trigger her

was that just a fluck? are u going to watch the show looking for a mystery as to why she came back to normal or are you going to watch it as a man liking a miserable life as a

a character driven story or a mystery to be sloved?
>>
>>84916359
Ambiguity is entertaining when it is presented in a way with a modicum of insight or artfulness instead of a flashing neon sign that says LET THE MYSTERY BE attempting to obscure the numerous mysteries it presented.
>>
>>84916419
Off the top of my head people who lose their immediate family don't pay people to shoot them in the chest while they're wearing a bullet proof vest and heavy metal music is playing in the background.
>>
>>84915886
no, that was all lindelof. the book was centered around people attributing magical characteristics to easily explained events in the wake of an unarguably supernatural event, because of said events supernatural nature.
>>
>>84916387
I know I wish Lindelof would stop doing his same schtick ad nauseum as it wore thin a decade ago.
>>
>>84916484
Wow. Thanks for clearing up that you didn't get it.
>>
File: foto-mysteries-of-the-Universe.jpg (108KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
foto-mysteries-of-the-Universe.jpg
108KB, 850x567px
>>84916435
Cant you all see the people who obsessing over WHY are all fucking miserable joining cults camping outside a town
LET THE MYSTERY BE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLSH-81yT7s
>>
>>84915947
You just said it's plot driven. For if the it is the vehicle, then it is driving the characters around.
>>
>>84916544
It's the most over the top obvious shit in the world there's nothing to misinterpret.
>>
>>84916446
If you watched the show thinking the mysteries would be explained you watched it wrong. It was obvious since season one that they were there as vehicles to explore the themes of the show and develop the characters and nothing else.
>>
>>84915947
What character development. The characters that were abandoned is Season 2 or the characters that were nuked off the face of the earth in season 3?
>>
>>84909038
Amazing show
>>
>>84916596
yes, the themes of the show. kevin is jesus. what a theme
>>
>>84916596
Except the theme is simplistic and explored in the most obvious way imaginable, the characters one-dimensional, and literal supernatural events driving the plot and comprising half of the running time of the show.
>>
>>84916556
No, it's a vehicle to move the story while the characters are just a vehicle to move the plot. This was the other way around.
>>
>>84916049
That only holds true for the first season. Most everything after is pure magic, with, occasionally, something with a mundane explanation thrown in so the show can pretend it's being ambiguous.
>>
>>84916569
Except you misinterpreted the central point of the show by equiating the character's grief with regular grief.
>>
File: damon_lindelof.jpg (33KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
damon_lindelof.jpg
33KB, 825x464px
The People Who are Obsessing over the Mystery of the show are the one who are most angry at the lindelof are Like the crazy fucks in the show who joins the cults looking for meaning

LET THE MYSTERY BE
>>
>>84916621
That's not true and also not a theme. Stop posting already.
>>
>>84916654
Again, that is the literal definition of plot driven.
>>
>>84916725
oh right it was a heart condition LOL
>>
>>84916729
Would you call Mad Men a plot driven show just like GoT just because it uses plot points to explore and develop the characters?
>>
>>84916736
They never state that it was the cause. Nice comprehension.
>>
>>84916763
the characters in got and mad men move and influence the plot. in the leftover the plot just falls in the characters lap and we witness them experiencing it.
>>
>>84916684
The point of the book is grief is always a rabbit hole of endless mystery because no explanation will ever answer all questions and will always give rise to new questions.

The show is about Kevin being Jesus.
>>
>>84916826
>the plot just falls in the characters lap and we witness them experiencing it.
I disagree but if it were true it's not a bad thing, just a different storytelling approach that would be in line with some of the themes of the show.
>>
>>84916826
>in the leftover the plot just falls in the characters lap

example?
>>
>>84909038
Excellent show. Not for Fast and Furious enthusiasts.
>>
>>84916946
Shipping the show as about the characters when all character interactions are centered around plotted elements, several per episode, is most definitely a bad thing.
>>
File: 1438716622444.jpg (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1438716622444.jpg
182KB, 1024x1024px
>>84910230
It's ironic he develops a heart condition right after cutting out his twin brother's heart isn't it?

it's almost as if something unexplained happened. A mystery... hmm... perhaps we should let it be...
>>
>>84914785
The hate is from low IQ people. Probably Game of shit, westworld and walking dead fans.
>>
>>84917075
the love is from 18 year olds who think 'shit happens: the show' is deep
>>
>>84917031
The shown clearly was trying to explain Kevin's multiple long periods of "being dea" as being the result of a heart condition that got dreamlogic'd into the nuke code surgery. Which is simply idiotic, and the more likely explanation is Kevin is Jesus.
>>
>>84917029
I think they mean that the show values more the characters than the plot, not that the plot is not relevant.
>>
>>84916684
It's supposed to be a realistic character study. Or is it about a bullshit alternate reality full of mysteries?
>>
>>84917104
>deep
Nobody said the show is deep. Again, stop projecting your own insecurities.

>doesn't understand the show
>sees people liking it
>"they must be pretending the show is deep"
>>
>>84917251
i fully understand the show, let the mystery be, it was all about the characters
>>
>>84917251
It's hilarious the cognitive dissonance required to say that the only reason people don't like the show is because they don't understand it but saying it also has no depth.
>>
>>84917214
It uses the supernatural elements to inform an exploration of human nature. This is like asking "well is science fiction supposed to be about modern society or 'futuristic cool gadgets and spaceship wars?'"
>>
>>84909038
Science fiction fags are an irredeemable cancer who nitpick every detail of a show for explanations. Explanations for how the departure or Nora's machine worked would have been boring and pointless.
>>
how does your heart stop for 8 hours, wouldn't anyone be dead?
>>
>>84917324
I'm not saying it has no depth, I'm saying I never claimed that the show had depth when it's all that one anon is focusing on. Having depth is not the same as beinf. "2deep4u". Lie he's implying.
>>
>>84917374
they fucking explain how nora's machine works in the show. are you retarded?
>>
>>84917279
Yes, you already proved that by making it evident that you couldn't grasp the central premise. Stop posting already.
>>
>>84917428
letting the mystery be is the central premise though
>>
>>84917401
The machines function was ambiguous, buddy.
>>
>>84917385
Yes, brain death from hypoxia occurs in about 10-15 minutes tops

Kevins deaths in s2 cannot be explained rationally. In s3 you could argue he was just on the brink. We don't see him actually "die" like he does in s2.
>>
>>84917428
The central premise of the show is Kevin is Jesus. This is demonstrable in jus about every aspect of the show.
>>
>>84917485
They blast you with radiation like the kind found at departure sites after submerging you in hard water.

The belief being this would cause a departure in that spot.
>>
>>84914785
The reason they opened with that scene is because it raises questions. You were supposed to be confused because everyone in the show is confused
>>
>>84917537
You're embarrassing yourself. Stop already.
>>
>>84917485
no, the machines function was not ambiguous. they explain what it does. what happens to them once the machine blasts them with radiation is the ambiguous part.
>>
>>84917537
He doesn't die for anyone's sins and his powers are limited to not dying in Miracle, apparently. He also has no communion with God as far as we know. He speaks to a man who CALLS himself God but clearly lacks omniscience.
>>
>>84917604
>his powers are limited to not dying in Miracle

did you forget the part when he goes to australia?
>>
How many of the people who hate this show like Westworld? Be honest.
>>
>>84917604
The Australian guy and the hotel are briefly mentioned by Laurie, so that must mean it was in the news.

Australian celeb who came back from the dead and mentioned he was in a hotel, this was a small detail in early season 2. So I don't think that guy was god or anyone special
>>
>>84917626
nope. westworld is another piece of shit written by another retard like lindelof who has to inject plot twists and timeline fuckery in everything he writes. i don't like gimmicks, and that's all lindelof and nolan do.
>>
>>84917547
>>84917586
Did you see that happen in the show? You're assuming the scientists are telling the truth. The show already established that there are crackpot scientists interested in Nora because they believe she has a demon inside of her.
>>
File: 1499707649690.jpg (229KB, 627x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499707649690.jpg
229KB, 627x720px
>>84909038

>expecting resolutions from LINDELOF

Top kek how can people still be fooled by this cunt?
>>
>>84916980
Every mattisode
>>
File: 1476611886462.png (285KB, 476x530px) Image search: [Google]
1476611886462.png
285KB, 476x530px
>>84917625
We don't see him die in Australia. Every time he's placed under the water, it transitions from him alive to him in the other place.

Also, the first two times he went, he went to a hotel. In Australia he was not confined to a single property. He gives a speech, get into a limo, and enters the bunker with his biometrics. Also, he spits up water in the other world. As if he is not actually dead, but in the process of dying.

My analysis: the trips to the other place in season 3 are not what they seem. They are possibly delusions. I'm not convinced he went. Other than him (apparently) seeing Christopher Sunday, there's no new knowledge of anything he learns in Limbo that can be falsified or challenged. It's a weird fever dream.

Consider, he fails in every task given to him by his disciples. Evie is beyond his reach. Playford's children do not know where their shoes are. Sunday does not teach him the song.
>>
>>84917182
This is demonstrably false.
>>
>>84917676
That is true for Lost but not this show.
>>
>>84917626
I loved Leftovers.
I like Westworld.
>>
File: 1200.jpg (40KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
40KB, 1200x675px
STOP FUCKING LOOKING FOR MEANING AND MYSTERY

he and his wife was robbed the people who robbed them ended up dead in a car crash

#1 you could say god did that to teach him a less and kiled the father and son

#2 it could be that shit just happened and that asshole father was impatient to in he drove life and asshole and died

everything doesnt need to have this deep meaning LIFE DONT NEED THIS DEEP MEANING
>>
>>84917760
But his trips in season 2 are delusions/dreams as well
>>
>>84909854
It's almost like what people want is the third option, of a mystery that has an explanation that the writers know in advance. You know - the obvious, logical, non-stupid way to write it.
>>
>>84917760
>My analysis

yea i think you need to accept the mystery
>>
>>84917818
Understandable. Have a nice day.
>>
>>84917676
>pinning JJ's sins on Lindelof
when will the persecution of this man end?

JJ is more notoriously correlated to pieces of shit than JJ is.
>>
I hated the final episode. It's like they randomly tried to find a way to get Kevin in Nora together. Was Nora freeing the goat with all the beads stuck on the fence suppose to symbolize something?

But I did absolutely love the scene of Kevin and Nora together at the wedding. Kevin sticking with the story of him seeing her on a bike. Nora trying to call him out on his bullshit. Them catching up with each other. Then when they finally dance together, that little bit of happiness bringing them close to tears. That scene and the actors were fucking great.
>>
>>84917837
You mean what /tv/ plebs want.
>>
>>84917862
jj was the show runner that approved what lindelof and the other idiots were writing.
>>
>>84917837
The writers know the answers in advance. They chose not to explain them because it would literally ruin the show.
>>
>>84917862
meant to say, JJ is responsible for more shit than LINDELOF. Though Lindelof has a roster of bad movies under his belt, there are other dots to connect. Alex Kurtzwell for example.

>>84917835
Well, maybe. But he actually dies, unambiguously, we see it happen. So I'm more inclined to believe he went to a place like Limbo or Purgatory. Also the "plot" of his adventure in the Hotel is more straightforward and less pulp than his adventure in S3. It's ridiculous how convoluted the story gets. Twin brothers, one an assassin, the other the President? This is the stuff of dimestore fiction

The sort of fiction a guy like Kevin might read when he's bored
>>
>>84917920
JJ was the one making them inject more dumb mysteries into the show to get ratings and have enough material for 6 fucking seasons when they were more interested in the characters.
>>
>>84910622
You already seen most of the show, might as well finish it. Although I was disappointed by it
>>
>>84917973
JJ was always disengenous about that show. Otherwise he wouldn't have milked it for all those producerbux for 6 fucking seasons.
>>
How did they made a bible tumping pastor the best fucking character in this whole show
>>
>>84917862
JJ owns his shit though. He sets out to make shit, makes shit, then walks off richer.

Lindelof claims to write works of genius then blames the audience for not sucking his dick.
>>
>>84917973
and yet the leftovers has just as many stupid mysteries. hmmm whats the common element?
>>
>>84917328
>>84917374

And it not only fails as an exploration of human nature it actively taunts its viewers for getting sucked into the premise of the show. It'd be like if a science fiction story said fuck constructing a plausible fictional scenario and fuck you for enjoying them.
>>
>>84918033
i would have liked matt more if the guy playing him didn't have the most ridiculous fake american accent i've ever heard in my life. every word that comes out of his mouth is so forced.
>>
File: perrotta.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
perrotta.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>84918038
Well you get me there I guess. I don't go out of my way to hear Lindelof talk. I have zero interest in his actual thoughts. I only want his lore; tempered perhaps by a better writer.
>>
>>84918040
The difference is their purpose.
>>
>>84917626
The same people that love Westworld love The Leftovers.
>>
>>84913127
Why would she lie and make up this giant story about going through it?
>>
>>84918033
Great acting and good individual episodes. His dream sequence in s1 after getting hit in the head by the rock was kino.
>>
>>84918080
I'm an American and I have no idea what you are talking about. He just sounds like a burger, one who enunciates very clearly like he went to prep school or something.
>>
File: 2spoopy.gif (486KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
2spoopy.gif
486KB, 475x347px
>>84918120
I hated Westworld and love The Leftovers.
>>
>>84918120
I hate WW for all the reasons I love The Leftovers.
>>
>>84918033

They stole it directly from the Bible and people acted like it was the best character study ever made.
>>
>>84918124
Because Nora is a lying bitch. Almost every word out of her mouth throughout the entire show is a lie.
>>
>>84918197
>>84918231
Both shows have exactly the same amount of depth and storytelling quality, which you'd realize if you weren't deluding yourself.
>>
>>84918232
Nigger the Bible has so many parables and stories it's almost impossible not to "steal" from the Bible.

But yes, he's sort of a Job character. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>84918282
but leftovers has that ebin violin music
>>
>>84918232
>They stole it directly from the Bible
Because modern writing being influenced by the Bible, greek tragedies and Shakespeare must be "stealing". And nobody here has said it's the best character study ever (that's either Sopranos or Mad Men). Stop fucking projecting.
>>
So i dropped this shit half way through season 2, what happened?
>>
>>84918096
Lindelof doesn't do lore he just does empty intrigue.

Also every time someone says "muh characters" or "it was about the characters," they're referencing how lindelof himself tried to excuse the shiftiness of lost'a ending.
>>
>>84918251
Wow it's like he didn't even watch the show

She's probably the most honest character. Everyone lies about something but she's passionate about truth.
>>
>>84918282
I hope this is low quality bait. Otherwise kys.
>>
>>84918298
There is when you don't add anything interesting to it, tell it three times, and directly allude to it repeatedly in order to get faux intellectual cred and pat yourself on the back.
>>
>>84918322
There's a difference between influence and regurgitation.
>>
>>84918351
Except that this show, unlike Lost, is actually about the characters. That's clear since the first season while the first season of Lost was always about cool mysteries and the promise that we would get an explanation.
>>
>>84918322
>And nobody here has said it's the best character study ever (that's either Sopranos or Mad Men)
A show about niggers isn't a character study. Mad Men is the clear winner here.
>>
>>84918396
the leftovers is only about the characters for the first season. after that it turns into stacked mysteries and lindelof retardation.
>>
>>84918396
Both shows have exactly the same amount of character depth and "thematic arcs". Coincidentally they feature the same amount of crying and sweeping orchestral scores.
>>
>>84918429
>>84918440
Ok.
>>
What was the point of making Kevin Jesus? They didn't do anything with that storyline.
>>
>>84918429
>Every episode is a focused study of a character and not primarily about the plot
damn dude it must hurt to be this wrong
>>
>>84918396
No, leftovers is about paper thin characters reacting to constant plot developments. Just like lost.
>>
>show is fucking stupid
>dude it's too deep for you guys lmao

fucking /tv/ is worse than Plebbit
>>
>>84918488
it's just a reaction to all the capeshit being posted it, so anything slow and dramatic is automatic kino (like BCS), even though they are incredibly mediocre
>>
>>84918488
That's what you get with quasi-anarchy; a lot of shit
>>
>>84918480
Same shit on Lost, memer. Only no one deigned to call those "focused character studies" because it wasn't on HBO.
>>
>>84918472
LET MYSTERY BE

JUST LET IT BE
>>
>>84918513
Nah the capeshitters are the same people overinflating pseudo-intellectual garbage like Leftovers, BCS, and Fargo.
>>
>>84918542
And yet LOST was (though it concerned itself a great deal with the "plot" as well) and that doesn't even matter you dumb fag. It doesn't refute my most harsh put-down.

Thought you could bait me that easily eh? Goalpost mover?
>>
>>84918356
>honest character
She's a two-faced lying whore. Her job as a fraud investigator was supreme irony.
>>
Everybody's wonderin' what and where they they all came from
Everybody's worryin' 'bout where they're gonna go
When the whole thing's done
But no one knows for certain
And so it's all the same to me
I think I'll just let the mystery be

Some say once you're gone you're gone forever
And some say you're gonna come back
Some say you rest in the arms of the Saviour
If in sinful ways you lack

Some say that they're comin' back in a garden
Bunch of carrots and little sweet peas

Everybody's wonderin' what and where they they all came from
Everybody's worryin' 'bout where they're gonna go

Some say they're goin' to a place called Glory
And I ain't saying it ain't a fact
But I've heard that I'm on the road to purgatory
And I don't like the sound of that
I believe in love and I live my life accordingly
But I choose to let the mystery be

Everybody is wondering what and where they they all came from
Everybody is worryin' 'bout where they're gonna go

>>
>>84918513
>>84918605
>outing yourselves as the kind of idiots who shit on BCS for being slow and think people who praise it are just pretentious
Hahahahaha thanks for making plebspotting easier. All your opinions itt are invalid now.
>>
>>84918630
Then why was she so obsessed about the tower dude's ultimate fate? It mattered zero to her. She could have filed it as an unsubstantiated Departure or whatever. She didn't need to reveal the deception.
>>
>>84918681
BCS is terrible and if you actually like it you clearly haven't watched many good dramas. i suggest quarry, a show that actually is all about the characters and a well told one as well.
>>
>>84918725
>you can't like different stuff and think it's also good
Ok.
>>
>>84918779
you can keep eating vince's shit if you want, i really don't care
>>
>>84918725
The fact that you think I like BCS because I haven't seen many shows (according to you) tells me everything I need to know about what kind of person you are and it makes sense when putting all your posts itt in that context.
>>
>>84918828
bcs is for the reddit audience, thanks for proving it
>>
>>84918907
>reddit boogeyman posting
Holy shit it keeps happening
>>
>>84918941
upboat :)
>>
>>84918681
I shit on BCS because it is a terrible show that is stuck up its own ass despite having utterly awful writing, buzzword chucklefuck.
>>
>>84918983
>utterly awful writing
Stop embarrassing yourself. We already know you're a pleb.
>>
>>84919057
the only people who like BCS on /tv/ are kim footfags
>>
>>84917121
>the more likely explanation is Kevin is Jesus.
Clearly the most probabilistic.
>>
How did Kevin survive drinking poison? Michael buried him and was shocked he came back to life.

Also why did the Uncle shoot himself right after poisoning Kevin? Was he lying to Kevin and trying to end his suffering with dead or was it to help Kevin in the "afterworld"?
>>
>>84919462
He sacrificed his life so he could perform recon and offer guidance to Kevin.

Perhaps he went to the other place before, when John shot him.
>>
>>84919462
>How did Kevin survive drinking poison?

he accepted the mystery
>>
>>84917973
jj had literally nothing to do with the show after helping develop season one
>>
>>84919462
>why did the Uncle shoot himself right after poisoning Kevin?

Because epic cliffhanger!
>>
>>84912759
>Man, how many buzzwords can I fit into a single sentence?
>>
>>84914307
Emmy judges are massive plebs. GoT winning more Emmys than any other show is proof of that.
>>
>>84914307
The emmy's are a fucking joke. HBO only pushes their popular shows instead of their actual quality shows. Westworld being nominated is a fucking joke.

Glad The Night Of got some love though.
>>
>>84921156
>>84920999
>t. Lindelof

Leftovers was shit
Thread posts: 238
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.