[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did he know (at that point) that Peter had superpowers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1499750396815.jpg (9KB, 260x197px) Image search: [Google]
1499750396815.jpg
9KB, 260x197px
If not, why all that talk about responsibility?
>>
>>84893632
He figured he was doing martial-arts/bodybuilding, dingus
>>
>>84893632
He had many responsibilities other than crime fighting to look after his aunt, prevent the racial decline of America, to do well in school.
>>
>>84893632
an interesting and provocative question OP. It puts the beginning of Raimi's film in an entirely different light.
You should go post this on Reddit
>>
>>84893632
Because teenagers are fucking irresponsible idiots
>>
I always thought it had to do with intelligence. He knew Peter was a smart kid, and wanted to make sure he used that to his best ability and to help others in the world.
>>
>>84893632
Puberty senpai
>>
If your son, or in this case grandson, had super powers that he'd kept hidden from you, and you still managed to somehow stumple upon this and find out his secret identity, what would you do?
Confront him? Support him?
>>
>>84893632
Because parenting, Anon. Just because you didn't have any, doesn't mean that no one does.
>>
>>84894792
>or in this case grandson
You mean nephew?
>>
>>84893632
He saw that Peter was growing and changing into a stronger and more confident alpha male, and meant to teach him about the White Man's Burden, the responsibility of the master to discipline the servant.
>>
>>84894792
Just make sure He's doing it for the right reasons, if he dies fuck him
>>
>>84894825
>he doesnt know
>>
In the original script he was supposed to teach him the 14 words in that scene, but I guess the producers felt it was a little too much
>>
>>84894881
>his name is fucking uncle ben
>doesn't know
>>
Because he knew Peter was going through a time of change, and that one day he would be a man. I thought this was obvious.
>>
File: 12948575376.gif (2MB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
12948575376.gif
2MB, 320x287px
>>84893632
>Le ebin "Raimi Different Time" meme
>>
>>84893632
This is a good point, funny enough Stan Lee said (in some interview) that when he wrote the line he was just thinking of generic inspiration and didnt mean for it to be character defining. Since it ended up like that i'm sure Stan had nothing to do with it and Steve Ditko thought of it.
>>
>>84895048
>"The jewish problem has a simple solution. Hitler knew this."

What did Anonymous mean by this? I gues 4 minutes ago was a different time..
>>
>>84893632
No, he assumed it was just hormonal teenage phase. Petey was being emotional in the house and he stood up Uncle Ben on their paint date. Uncle Ben then heard about him beating Flash Thompson's ass and his speech was meant to cover that incident and life in general
>>
>>84895162
Good response, I havent seen the movie in a while but that makes sense. I wonder if any other director could of possibly delivered this scene as perfectly.
>>
>>84893632
>my nephew got into a fight at school
>surely the only reason this would happen is that he was bitten by a genetically modified spider, granting him enhanced strength and reflexes
>>
>>84893632
He hears Peter beats up a bully, but doesn't him to get egotistical about it.
Ben just wanted to make sure he wasn't gonna start picking fights with people.
>>
>>84895048
No fun
>>
>>84895162
>stood up Uncle Ben on their paint date

Now I'm picturing Tobey Maguire and Cliff Robertson sensually painting each other's bodies.

Thank you.
>>
>>84895407
>he did call Pete "Michelangelo"
>>
>>84893782
Fuck off.
>>
>>84893632
Because it was just good advice generally. You big retard.
>>
File: 1472465245256.png (137KB, 510x314px) Image search: [Google]
1472465245256.png
137KB, 510x314px
>>84895455
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.