[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I actually really like season 10, and have some fond memories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (55KB, 267x374px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 267x374px
I actually really like season 10, and have some fond memories of watching the DVD. Season 11 is when the show went to total shit in my opinion.
>>
>>84893193
noted. now fuck off
>>
>>
I am kino patrician and agree with you op.
Great Eps:
>Lard of the Dance
>The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace
>Bart the Mother
>Lisa gets an "A"
>Mayored to the Mob
>Wild Barts can't be broken
>Sunday, Cruddy Sunday (Fred Willard best celebrity appearance)
>Homer to the Max
>Marge Simpson in Screaming Yellow Honkers
>Maximum Homerdrive
>They Saved Lisa's Brain
>When you dish upon a star

Okay Eps:
>Monty can't buy me Love
>Mom and Pop Art
>Make Room for Lisa
>Viva Ned Flanders
>Kidney Trouble
>bible stories
Trash:
>Trehouse of horror
>Im with cupid
>Old man and the c student
>thirty minutes over tokyo
>>
Don't fall for the golden age meme.
>oh you watch season 8?
>I only watch 7 pssshh
It is in zombie mode after season 10, but still stays fairly fun to around 16. 18 is when it truly goes off the rails and into it's current unwatchable state.
>>
>>84893193
The Simpsons is too damn old too remember specific seasons. Those were the days when we had box TV and if your dad was cool he was falling asleep in the recliner on Sunday night with it tuned to Fox.
>>
>>84893638
>When you dish upon a star

I wish Ron Howard did more episodes. He was hilarious.
>>
File: Sneed's_feed_and_seed.png (222KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sneed's_feed_and_seed.png
222KB, 640x480px
>>84893193
That can't be true, season 11 has the greatest Simpsons joke of all time.
>>
>>84893680
No 13 is the absolute cutoff

>>84893806
Yes the chemistry between him and homer was perfect. The writers and Ron, dan really nailed it
>>
File: 1393376132780.jpg (210KB, 687x1323px) Image search: [Google]
1393376132780.jpg
210KB, 687x1323px
IMO

Season 9: Downward shift in quality and tone, still good
Season 10: Down in quality again, still pretty good
Season 11: Shift in tone is even more noticeable, episodes get worse
Season 12: Pretty bad overall, but has what I consider the last classic episode (Trilogy of Error)
Season 13+: Kill me
>>
Childhood is thinking the Simpsons had some good seasons
Adulthood is realizing it was always dogshit
>>
File: prequel that ruins the story.jpg (47KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
prequel that ruins the story.jpg
47KB, 300x300px
>>84893924
>>
>>84894015
You have shit taste.

Also adulthood is realizing everything good eventually gets milked to shit for profit so pirate everything you can.
>>
>>84894236
t. Child
>>
>>84893638
Monty can't buy love belongs in the trash. The Loch Ness monster being real is dumb and the episode rapes Mr Burns by turning him into a friendly old man, rather than the force of evil he used to be
>>
show was still good even in season 16. season 17 was the start of the downfall
>>
>>84895646
but in the end mr burns understands that he is evil at heart and doesn't need people to like him. there were some good jokes in it
>marge being classic boring marge on their walk
>kevin costner's appearance
>burns on the radio show
>homer playing the pinball machine
>no way aberdeeen rules!

plus how can u say the loch ness monster isn't real? there have been confirmed sightings
>>
>>84896328
Yeah true. Its interesting to me; in the 70s they scanned the loch with sonar and found large objects that could be animals. But they scanned the Loch again in 2003 and found nothing. What happened?
>>
>>84893545
>Posts a cap from a Season 6 episode
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>84893193
S1: Founding era
S2-S9 Golden Age
S10-S15 Silver Age
S16-S19 Dark Age
S20-Present Renasaince
>>
File: regalo.jpg (72KB, 960x642px) Image search: [Google]
regalo.jpg
72KB, 960x642px
callate mogolico
>>
Season 10 is pretty bad. 9 is bad also, the only reason it doesn't seem so bad is because it has a few good episodes that are holdovers from season 8.
>>
>>84896965
Compared to the 17 seasons that came after it 10 seems pretty good and funny
>>
It has some good episodes but it features a incredibly dark stain (When you Dish Upon a Star) on the series.
>>
File: vamoslosstones.jpg (17KB, 300x234px) Image search: [Google]
vamoslosstones.jpg
17KB, 300x234px
me cogi a tu vieja
salu2
>>
>>84896925
this is the most hispanic thing ive ever seen
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 480x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 480x340px
putos gringos jajajajaja
>>
File: QueenOfTheHarpies.jpg (85KB, 881x663px) Image search: [Google]
QueenOfTheHarpies.jpg
85KB, 881x663px
She never cooks,she keeps a filthy house and she talks profanely.
SHE'S THE QUEEN OF THE HARPIES!
QUEEN OF THE HARPIES!
HERE'S YOUR CROWN YOUR MAJESTY!
>>
Season 10 had some stinkers but it's mostly pretty good.

I agree that season 11 was the real shark jumper due to stupid changes they made that season, I.e. Barney becomes sober, Maude dies in a rather callous way, Apu gets kids, etc. as well as the jokes starting to suck in that season.
>>
It's still good. The animation looks objectively clearer and better. Why do man-babies on /tv/ like shitty VHS quality?
>>
>>84898342
Bait
>>
>>84893988
Why do people feel trilogy of error is a classic episode? For me its the opposite. Its the episode that made me completely lose hope
>>
Una Vela
>>
10 is watchable overall. 11 is immediately not, I don't think I made it more than ten episodes in
>>
>>84896653
30 years of improvements to sonar technology?
>>
>>84893680

Season 8 is the beginning of the end. It's a matter of opinion but there's a definite quality drop. Why people feel the need to defend their opinions on when the simpsons go to shit is beyond me.
>>
File: 4042958-taqueria-goku-mexico[1].jpg (164KB, 680x456px) Image search: [Google]
4042958-taqueria-goku-mexico[1].jpg
164KB, 680x456px
>>84897220
you sure?
>>
>>84899359
> Gringas
they eat white people in mexico?
>>
>>84899178
Are you a first run watcher or did you drop s11 during the FXX marathon a few years back?
>>
>>84893806
>dish upon a star
>good
That episode was truely the beginning of the end-- representing some drastic shifts in tone, writing and animation that eventually zombified the series

In no particular order:
>plot centered around multiple pointless celebrities playing themselves
>jerkass homer being a complete jerkass for no discernible reason other than cheap laughs
>A-plot-B-plot format dumped in favor of cutaway gags.
>one of the first episodes using the overly clean, souless digital coloring

Ron Howard being a whipping boy was good for a few laughs, particularly the car jump. But it was clearly cheap laughs with no real thought process other than 'wouldn't it be funny if..."
>>
>>84899541
Season 10 is the beginning of the end.

Granted, celebrities in The Simpsons wasn't new, but the episode was about the celebrity cameos and centered around them being themselves.

Homer's personality was changing by then, too.

I could see The Simpsons already going down in quality by season 7.
>>
File: 250px-Dionysus.png (85KB, 250x186px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Dionysus.png
85KB, 250x186px
my favorite zombie simpsons is the greek tales one

shit was SO cash
>>
>>84899593
>>84899541
True, season 10 was the beginning of the end, but its mostly alright in my opinion, and better than what came after. Similar to how 2007 was technically the beginninng of the Great recession, but the economy then was good compared to the years that followed
>>
>>84899386
First time a couple years back.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.