[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never thought I would ever miss Spider-man 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 35

File: pslzf509nb1z.jpg (714KB, 1519x2250px) Image search: [Google]
pslzf509nb1z.jpg
714KB, 1519x2250px
Shit, I never thought I would ever miss ASM2.
>>
hahaha right on OP! have an upboat!!
>>
>yes, fellow Anonymous, I am THAT desperate for attention
It goes in the options field.
>>
>yfw you realize homecoming is one of the words that makes Winter soldier go into mk ultra mode
>>
>>84891892
>>84892025
>t. Amy Pascal
>>
File: pottery.jpg (244KB, 1000x508px) Image search: [Google]
pottery.jpg
244KB, 1000x508px
>>84891846
>Shit, I never thought I would ever miss ASM2
Really? It's not perfect, though Homecoming outclasses that bloated mess or its predecessor in almost every way. Better Parker/Spidey, better villain, and more competent product overall. Homecoming falls under Raimi's first two efforts.

However, link below should have been the main theme instead of the generic garbage Michael Giacchino delivered.
https://youtu.be/c2rgrqEFVKc
>>
>>84891846
nice pol circlejerk
>>
>>84891846

it was a good movie, solid. It was just really really bland. They didn't even try to inject an inkling of style into it at all.
>>
>>84893990
People like you are so fucking annoying
>>
This movie is nowhere near as bad as ASM2

That movie has no narrative thrust, things just happen for no reason or for ludicrous ones that lack any kind of explanation of depth

I love Spider-Man 3 though, probably my favorite besides Spider-Man 2 though I wish Mommy was in it more
>>
File: 1499268158835.jpg (423KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1499268158835.jpg
423KB, 1440x900px
>>84891846
>I HATE SPIDERMAN SO MUCH LOL

cancer
>>
>>84893610
This picture would be perfect if it didn't show how worse the new suit is! Completely unecessary black lines that dont form a coherent pattern. The black on the arms and legs is cool tho.
>>
>>84893610
Oh boy, when it really picks up the song is great. But most of it is boring. I dont relly remember what part was this was in the movie.
>>
>>84891892
>Only sophisticated kinologists such as myself could appreciate Spider-Meme: Memememing, thus any criticism of this kino must be reddit

You're adorable.
>>
>>84895037
>>Spider-meme: Memememing

KEK
>>
>>84893610
Comic book is very emotive and at a good angle but the movie still looks flat and boring
>>
>>84895037
Where was the criticism in the op?
>>
>>84893610

The only thing Homecoming has on ASM2 is plot.
>>
File: the_state_of_libcucks.jpg (213KB, 1373x732px) Image search: [Google]
the_state_of_libcucks.jpg
213KB, 1373x732px
>>
>>84895228
Thats what I was thinking. I think the art was portraying how he's putting away his clothes, changing, and worried about something Spider-Man related. The movie pic he has the mask on and we dont know why he's reaching in the bag. Oh and the angle is more flat, but I think that was to focus on how he's in the city streets with Avengers tower looming in the background.
>>
Planet of the Apes will surpass Spider-Man: Diversity MCU this weekend

Then 4th reboot chatter will begin next week.
>>
>>84895708
Electro is an awful villain with shitty boss fights, Green Goblin is an awful villain with shitty motivation, Rhino is a non character. Vulture feels like an actual character and his boss fights are tense with stakes, not just about Spider-Man punching him. That only happens at the end. Also, notice how each encounter gets progressively more intense? Never felt that was about Electro or Lizard. Hey speaking of the Lizard, he only wore the lab coat in one scene! Vulture really was a Vulture and had the leather jacket that mimics the white collar from the comic books every time he was in costume. Comparing Homecumming to ASM just makes me like it more.
>>
>>84895835
Im glad they rebooted and had the dignity to say "we fucked up" then gave the fans completely what they wanted.
>>
>>84895851

Vulture was extremely underwhelming though.
>>
>>84895904
nah, the car scene where he casually pulls out the gun and threatens Peter made him GOAT
>>
FUN

MOVIE

OFF

BRAIN

TURN
>>
>>84895904
>Michael "Based" Keaton
>underwhelming
>>
File: vulture.jpg (25KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
vulture.jpg
25KB, 600x316px
>>84895904
cease this

Vulture became almost too kino for what he is in the comics. He's A-list in capeshit movie villains
>>
>>84896025

Yes, he was under cooked. Good scene in the car though

>>84896058

I'm not the only one who thought this, 3 separate people I know thought the same.
>>
>>84895904
>best villain in the MCU to date, both in writing and performance
>extremely underwhelming

u wot m8
>>
File: uncanny_casting.jpg (207KB, 756x864px) Image search: [Google]
uncanny_casting.jpg
207KB, 756x864px
>literally 5 seconds into the film someone is chastised for calling native Americans "Indians"
>literally 10 seconds in a black school news reporter is macking on blonde white girl
>the new black Mary Jane's WE speech about how the Washington monument was built by slaves
>both of Peter Parker's love interests are black
>villain's wife is black
>Peter's Mexican school rival has a white blonde girlfriend
>the oh so edgy /b/ Fuck Marry Kill scene with high schoolers fantasizing about old men, also participated in by a gay male

etc. etc.etc.

When is enough enough? I find myself more and more only watching old movies/shows.
>>
I get that they didn't want to retread the origin story but the character really changes when he's not motivated by guilt and by wanting to make uncle Ben proud. Now he just wants to be tony stark's friend
>>
>>84896132

But the MCU has HORRIBLE villains, specifically in the movies.

With Loki as the exception
>>
Has anyone noticed how the villains are disenfranchised rust belt white males aka the demographics that gave Trump the election
>>
>>84896177
i've seen this post already, you guys are just searching for agendas when you should just be enjoying a movie
>>
>>84896132
B2r
>>
>>84895904
I didn't even like Homecoming and Vulture was probably the best part of the movie, on account of the twist and him not being a shitty MCU villain for once.
>>
>>84896199
Ronan the accuser
Dormammu
Kingpin
Hela
Loki
>>
>>84896216

>dude just turn your brain off and go extinct as the only excused demonized race :)

"No"
>>
File: sw_prop.jpg (83KB, 770x366px) Image search: [Google]
sw_prop.jpg
83KB, 770x366px
>>84896216
>searching for agendas
yeah, they're just crazy. hollywood is legit.
>>
>>84896198
>With Loki and Vulture as the exception
Fixed
>>
File: 10_years_apart.jpg (212KB, 642x874px) Image search: [Google]
10_years_apart.jpg
212KB, 642x874px
>>
>>84893610

Ramis spider-man felt like our world, maybe not our time, it felt more timless. It made spider-man feel real. Like spider-man could really exist in the world.

The MCU is.... well, not our world. Spider-man doesn't feel real in HC, but neither do the chitauri or vulture. This stuff is out there. It was a good MCU spider-man movie, but they can never recapture the real world spider-man feel the first two gave me.
>>
>>84896198
I think people started saying this and now everyone parrots it. HORRIBLE is Malakith (who was supposed to pose an ideological challenge to Odin before it was all cut), they're mostly just simple and dont have much to them which I wouldn't equate to horrible.
>>
>>84896177
>casting minorities equally in positive and negative roles
>a bad thing

>casting a diverse array of people to represent characters that live in an actual non-fictional location that is known to have a diverse array of people in it
>a bad thing

Stop being racist and hating minority casting just because it's minorities playing roles. It makes perfect sense and the actors do a good job of portraying the characters they're given. There's no need for the movie to be a carbon copy of everything from the comics, and honestly it would be pretty immersion-breaking for 90% of the characters in a movie set in Queens to be white.
>>
>>84896293
It makes sense if you headcanon that the school is for the smartest kids around the world and not a generic highschool.
>>
>>84896372
>immersion breaking

Lmao

What's immersion breaking is an ugly nigress and a 5 foot tall pajeet being the coolest kids in school + Tom Holland being portrayed as a heterosexual

>>84896412
b8
>>
File: 5635753.jpg (78KB, 640x687px) Image search: [Google]
5635753.jpg
78KB, 640x687px
>>84896372
>minority casting
"diversity" is code for "no whites", they don't even hide it any more
>>
>>84896430
Any kind of opposing opinion you cant comprehend agreeing with is bait. I would argue posting the same complaints in every Spider-Man thread because you know you'll get an argument out of it is bait. Whether or not you're "right" you're not discussing the merits of their characters or the movie itself. If diversity was a part of the plot instead of just the reality the characters live in, that would be different.
>>
>>84896506
>opposing opinion

You're implying a school for the smartest people in the world would have a higher population of niggers who have objectively lower IQs? b8
>>
>>84896481

I don't disagree with you on that, but Spider-Man Homecoming actually did have truly diverse casting, including a reasonable proportion of whites, so I don't see the problem. It's just /co/ fags and racists bitching that every character doesn't look precisely like every character from the comic book and/or that everyone isn't white, which would be silly in its own regard based on the setting.
>>
>>84896304
>Ramis spider-man felt like our world, maybe not our time
Reading this made my brain hurt. Raimi specifically set out to capture the heightened emotions and goofyness of the old Spider-Man comics. It has a scene where an overacting woman looks to the sky and says "Look, its Spider-Man!" Its not realistic at all. Not that this is a bad thing in any way but I dont know how you walked away with this impression. Art is about interpretation though. Spider-Man existing in a goofy comic book world is what Spider-Man is in the comics. There's nothing grounded or realistic about Doctor Octopus and the Green Goblin. The Amazing Spider-Man movies feel more grounded and realistic, if anything. And theyre much worse for it.
>>
>>84893610

>more competent product

This is unironic praise for a piece of cinema in the age of 2017.
>>
>>84896530
In that one specific picture, there are no niggers. There was one black kid on the debate team with a thick accent, supporting the idea that kids from different parts of the world go to this school. And there's been little kid geniuses from shitholes like Africa that find breakout success in America. It happens. I dont recall niggers being the majority of the school's population but maybe I didn't pay enough attention because I dont fucking care.
>>
>>84896664

You failed to realize that to him, every person with brown or tan or just generally non-ivory skin is a "nigger."
>>
>>84896304
>Ramis spider-man felt like our world, maybe not our time, it felt more timless. It made spider-man feel real. Like spider-man could really exist in the world

More like /ourworld/. Watch Spider-Man 2 again and tell me it's realistic. It's charm was entirely on its camp. Peter lived every waking moment as a guy Woody Allen would illustrate as the one person less lucky than him.
Raimi's Spider-Man was a focused caricature of New York assholes and silver age comics. Nothing real about it.
>>
>>84895650
He attempted to imply it was so bad that even the latest reboot attempt and its awful sequel was superior, he underestimated your incompetence at picking up nuances but thank god i noticed your post and now that i explained it we can finally proceed to shit on the movie again.
>>
>>84896664
>>84896719
False and false. The two girls there are objectively niggers. Don't know what else you'd think.
>>
File: mary_jane.jpg (81KB, 634x947px) Image search: [Google]
mary_jane.jpg
81KB, 634x947px
>>84896567
>truly diverse casting

>BOTH of parker's love interests are black, best friend is a fat mexican, villain's wife is black, only white girl in main cast has a guatemalan boyfriend etc.

sure thing buddy
>>
>>84896481
>90% of a single race
>hella diverse

I'm glad this shit is dying.
>>
>>84896768
Yes I picked up on the implication, but it was just that. I wouldn't call it a "criticism" demanding a proper well thought out retort. "its bad" is not a criticism.
>>
>>84896832
>dying
the white race? white retards keep funding this shit with ticket sales
>>
>>84892025
Nice pasta faggot
>>
File: north korean meal.gif (2MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
north korean meal.gif
2MB, 294x233px
>>84895904
Careful there bud, you just dared to criticize a very reddit actor on a very reddit performance for a movie made for reddit, you might get a lot of replies bashing you for your unconformist attitude, tread lightly for he is famous therefore you must suck his cock.
>>
File: 4324325.jpg (62KB, 552x467px) Image search: [Google]
4324325.jpg
62KB, 552x467px
>>84896859
>white retards
>>
>>84891846
But based RLM like it...?
>>
>>84896907

Those look like white retards to me.
>>
>>84896859
No, the current news media you sad pathetic cuck. Pretending the most common race is dying really is all you idiots have room in your heads for. It's sad.
>>
>>84896177
It won't stop until all white people are dead. We'll have to kill all non-whites or deport them all at some point.
>>
>>84896945
And this triggered the dcucks. Like every single other marvel movie that wasn't Thor 2.
>>
>>84896216
you're brainless
>>
>>84896177
Christ did Kathleen Kennedy finally get her hands on the Marvel side of Disney, too?
>>
>>84897085
I haven't seen a single DCbro triggered
>>
Why did they make Spider-Man so spastic and strange in this movie and the Sony movies?

Why can't they just have him talk in a normal way like most of the other superheros and Maguire?

Why were there so many parts where an actor has the lines they are saying muted while you can see that they are saying something even though the camera is behind them. That happened like six or seven times that I noticed.

The first 2/3 of this movie was weird and had stuff that seemed weird and that fell flat similar to the first 2/3 of GOTG2.
>>
>>84897171
You haven't been looking. Just say that bvs was a hollow pile of shit by the film equivalent of Rob Liefeld and one always pipes up.
>>
>>84897223
But BVS was better than Civil War?
>>
>>84896649
yeah, that's pretty telling
>>
>>84897256
>question mark at the end of a statement
Its just that easy. Can't wait till Justice league hits the single digits thanks to the new pressure put on by wonder woman's surprise success.
>>
Was anybody else annoyed by how destructive Spider-Man's "heroics" were? Peter Parker was the human holocaust. He should have just let Vulture steal from that plane.
>>
>>84897325
It'll be good! J-Just you watch!
>>
File: pop7468.jpg (121KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
pop7468.jpg
121KB, 900x900px
>>84897055
>Pretending the most common race is dying
>whites make up 8% of the planet
Yes, I agree comrade! And anyone that wants to enforce our borders or resist globalism is a nazi! Down with the west!

>40%+ of German under-5s are non-white
>20% of all french are muslim
https://www.destatis.de/DE/PresseService/Presse/Pressemitteilungen/2016/09/PD16_327_122.html

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/09/21/germany-40-percent-migrant-background/
>>
File: itach_face_palm.jpg (82KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
itach_face_palm.jpg
82KB, 640x640px
>>84891846
Did they really try to make The Washington Monument racist in the eyes of the general public. /pol/ says the monument gets rekted.

Disney needs to cut the this crap. America has been utterly fractured from this toxic messaging.
>>
File: racediff.jpg (275KB, 940x936px) Image search: [Google]
racediff.jpg
275KB, 940x936px
we're all the same, goys, embrace it
>>
>>84897374
>>whites make up 8% of the planet

Are you literally colorblind? the graphic you posted shows Asians are 8% of the US and whites are 43% of the US, and those are the PROJECTED numbers. Currently whites are even higher in percentage.
>>
>>84897325
>the new pressure put on by wonder woman's surprise success.
They won't be able to say anything without comparing it to ww. The setup of the century
>>
>>84897449
That was bait anon. You don't have to entertain it.
>>
>>84897386
Does Disney really think they aren't radicalizing people with this garbage like attacking a national landmark as racist... in an age where we are tearing monuments out of the ground.
>>
>>84897386
The monument was finished well after slavery(1888). SOME of the stones MAY have been quarried by slaves, like a very small amount, and this somehow turned into "WE BUILT DAT MONUMENT AND SHEIT" for the propaganda children's comic book movie
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Monument
>>
>>84897564
That's what fucking bothers me most. They're shoving this down a target demographic of kids/early teens.
>>
>>84897449
>>84897481
that's a graph for the UNITED STATES demographics you illiterate niggers
>>
>>84894936
The black lines are the automatic straps that cinch the suit up smart one.
>>
>>84897624

You'll notice that I pointed out it was of the United States. You'll also notice that you produced zero evidence to back up your 8% worldwide figure.
>>
>>84897689
>still biting
All you're doing is indulging his desperation. He's a lost cause.
>>
>>84896177
Asshole, rich indian kid who gets by on daddy money and isn't very smart in addition to being chubby, unattractive Indian kid, is a stronger, better character than classic varsity football jock and all the jokes have been done before.

Peter went to a private science school and they did an amazing job reflecting that down to what they wear and their sense of humor. Him facing the same white jocks and going for normal redhead wouldn't fit and its been done to brink. Every fucking cartoon, comic book and a few of the movies did that. The new school and new characters was fresh humor.

Imagine if we got all the same high school tropes. Every scene would of been the same formulaic high school antics we've seen for decades refurbished,. You'd be waiting for Vulture scenes or the main spider man plot that isn't high school because the high school is the exact same fucking high school we know.
>>
>le ebin DUDE IM RACIST SO ILL HATE THIS LMAO
>>
>>84891846
I'll bet you mostly miss ATM, you bundle of sticks.
>>
>>84897774
there's nothing about the school setting that makes redhead MJ unrealistic. There's also nothing good about the frumpy hipster retard that they put in her place either
>>
“The stonemasonry was pretty highly skilled, so it’s unlikely that slaves would’ve been doing it,” he told Vulture. “The stones were cut by stonecutters, which is highly skilled work; and the stones were hoisted by means of steam engines, so you’d need a skilled engineer and foreman for stuff like that. Tending the steam engine, building the cast-iron staircase inside — that wasn’t grunt work.”

http://www.vulture.com/2017/07/was-the-washington-monument-built-by-slaves.html
>>
I don't understand why use the washington monument as an example when there is pretty clear proof that the US Capitol Building and the White House did in fact use slave labor in its construction. Tons of examples but they pick this vague one?

Doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>84897774
Instead I was cringing through we wuz kangz propaganda waiting for the vulture scenes. I'll take the cliché over what I got any day.
>>
>>84897611
These writers and there producer think they are empowering people, but really all they are doing is further setting back race relations.

I swear if the next Star Wars move goes the Washington Monument route I'm dropping everything Disney until they cut this crap out.

When does the MAGA kick in? I'm tired hatred, I'm tired of propaganda, I'm tired of my favorite franchises shitting on there own audiance just to get good Buzzfeed reviews.

Just make something that uplifts everyone you fuckers.
>>
File: 4534637.jpg (304KB, 1476x777px) Image search: [Google]
4534637.jpg
304KB, 1476x777px
>>84897689
I see you ignore white % being cut in half in less than 100 years.
>>
>>84891846
>That random Iron Man flying in opposite direction
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>84897611
That's because they're least-likely to question things.
>>
File: Snap_2015-01-21_at_14.17.54.jpg (149KB, 433x328px) Image search: [Google]
Snap_2015-01-21_at_14.17.54.jpg
149KB, 433x328px
>>84897861
Niggers use Facebook as a viable source and this surprises you?
The fucking Vikings were black according to some of these idiots.
>>
>>84897878
Once this shit becomes cliche the scale will shift and we'll get good movies again. Remember the 70s were plagued with blaxploitation until that got old. This shit'll get old too.
>>
>>84897878
This shit comes and goes. We're just back in the seventies.

https://youtu.be/XKFuBOuxUgk
>>
>>84897887

Nice dodge. I'm still waiting on evidence of that 8% statistic

But yeah, as for the percentage cut in half thing: The thing is that poor/stupid people have way more kids than rich/smart people, and there are a lot more poor/stupid minorities out there. It's not some "white genocide" agenda, it's just other races out-birthing white people for various reasons.
>>
>>84898059
>GERALDEEEN?
every time
>>
>>84895904
He's one of if not the best MCU villains out there.
That scene when him and Spider-man first meet and they zoom in on his mask as he looks down was fucking great
>>
>>84897861

Because it's funnier to have it be a "maybe" thing than a definite thing that everyone knows. When the teacher says, "No, I'm sure slaves didn't build it" and then the black security guard shrugs does that "ehhhhh.... maybe, though..." thing with his hands that's a lot funnier than your alternative.

Maybe just loosen up and stop taking shit like that so seriously.
>>
File: euro_invasion.webm (1MB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
euro_invasion.webm
1MB, 426x240px
>>84898062
>It's not some "white genocide" agenda
ok komrade. hmm, i wonder who is letting the "poor/stupid" in, opposing national borders etc. and encouraging the whole thing?
Cultural Marxism & Social Justice Explained
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnqIj8C2Aek
Why are we in Decline - Cultural Marxism
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs
The Forced Collective Suicide of European Nations
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwcVULr5Scg
>>
>>84898059

I don't get the ending.
>>
File: 1487866949461.png (97KB, 467x496px) Image search: [Google]
1487866949461.png
97KB, 467x496px
>>84898059
Dear God Your Right!
>>
>>84898327
>i wonder who is letting the "poor/stupid" in

Speaking of America, they were already here since nearly the beginning and have always been reproducing more rapidly. It's not a new thing that started with an agenda, it's just the natural flow.
>>
I've been living in Queens since I was a few months old when my mom needed to get a cheaper house. Queens isnt what it used to be in the 60's and 70's where you would see many whites in the neighborhood as shown in the comics. As I'm writing this I'm rewatching Spider-Man and I never realized a ton of extras in this film are black and hispanic so Raimi did great there. I also must say Raimi did a nice touch while may be unintentional all the minority kids sat together and while I didn't go to high school until the year after Spider-Man came out in theaters, as a minority this is very true and probably true for other areas in America and even the world. Currently in Queens I see a similar thing happening which is portrayed in HC where many of the minorities are now moving to the suburbs, but still taking classes at the good high schools in Queens as shown with Liz and her family in Homecoming. I haven't seen ASM since about two years after it came out when it was on TV which was my third time seeing it while the first I could barely watch it since my glasses broke and I barely remember any diversity at all. In HC there was a good mix of whites, asians, hispanics, blacks etc. but in ASM I don't remember it and in Raimi's Spider-Man they were all extras which still felt fine since Peter graduted like 35-40 minutes into the film.
>>
File: jew_covers.jpg (234KB, 1114x730px) Image search: [Google]
jew_covers.jpg
234KB, 1114x730px
>>84898059
>We're just back in the seventies.
In 1950, whites were 28 percent of world population and Africans 9 percent, a ratio of three-to-one. In 2060, the ratio will remain the same. But the colors will be reversed. People of African ancestry will be 25 percent of the world`s population. People of European descent will have fallen to 9.8 percent.

http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/publications.php?b=population
http://www.vdare.com/articles/whites-down-to-10-of-world-population-by-2060-does-it-matter
>>
>>84898356
He was gay and they were clearly trying to impress him.
>>
File: IQ.png (80KB, 1272x800px) Image search: [Google]
IQ.png
80KB, 1272x800px
>>84898455
>>
>>84898455
>still trying
Alright, fine, have a (You).
No idea what the hell you do with these. Must be an autism thing.
>>
>>84898459

Why did he say he wasn't black in a clearly black voice? And who's Geraldine?
>>
File: thumbnail.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
>>84898514
He was saying he didn't want to be associated with protesting black panther types.
Geraldine was a Flip Wilson character who parodied libshits.
>>
File: colbert_fem.gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
colbert_fem.gif
1MB, 500x280px
>>84898489
>what the hell you do with these
stats, facts and figures? yeah, i know it's like an alien langue to you brainwashed zombies
>>
>>84898059
>"I had no idea you people were civilized!"
>"Why does a great actor like James Earl Jones always have to play BLACK men?"
this is solid gold
>>
>>84896587
>The Amazing Spider-Man movies feel more grounded and realistic, if anything. And theyre much worse for it.
>Not that this is a bad thing in any way but I dont know how you walked away with this impression. Art is about interpretation though.
>Reading this made my brain hurt

right back at you bro. We're just not seeing eye to eye. Everything in spider-man movies form 3 on, including ASM's felt more and more fantastical and just like...... exaggerated and out there. Not that I dislike them. SM1 and 2 felt like if spider-man existed in a world like ours. Where as the other movies felt more like fictional worlds.
>>
File: 1384216606090.gif (1MB, 224x178px) Image search: [Google]
1384216606090.gif
1MB, 224x178px
>reading comments on IGN about their ranking of the Spider-Man films
>mfw the majority are defending ASM2 and saying it's their favourite
>>
>>84896058
In the comics Vulture is some retirement home faggot has-been who literally thinks he's a fucking bird, and runs around in some lame ass bird costume that makes his kike nose stick out even more then it otherwise would.
>>
>>84897774
> You'd be waiting for Vulture scenes or the main spider man plot that isn't high school
But I was. Maybe they should just stop having highschool subplots.
>>
>>84898844
If you think this is grounded in reality then you need serious help. Raimi's Parker constantly failed everything he did to the point of a kind of depressing slapstick.
https://youtu.be/-dTK0KLgyy4
This is just two clips from spider man 2 and it doesn't even get into the miserable MJ scenes and Peter's universal fuckuppery extending to his powers or the cartoonish consistency of assholes all over the place (New York, I know, but it's definitely exaggerated like everything else.) At best it makes fun of reality and shows that our day to day inconveniences could be worse. It's far from grounded, thank Christ. Its a wonder Spiderman didn't hang himself with his own web, and his failed attempt at just that could conceivably be a deleted scene.
>>
>>84899109
the worst scenes in sp2 are genius compared to the best of the last three we've had
>>
>>84891846
The original's by Raimi are still superior, but I'd place Homecoming over Spider-Man 3. Homecoming had more than 1 villain and it worked well. SM3 was a mess and is still difficult to watch.
>>
>>84896304
This is how I felt too after watching Homecoming.
Raimi's Spider-Man was goofy and not "real", but the alien technology fueling Vulture, Shocker, etc was too out there. Green Goblin was goofy but a science experiment gone wrong is more realistic than aliens imo
>>
>>84899395
This and the only reason SM3 is bad is because of Sony more than Raimi
>>
>>84899520
>the alien technology fueling Vulture, Shocker, etc was too out there
They needed a reason to explain how so many spiderman villains have the same powers or seemingly use the same technology, and the movie did it wonderfully. You really think a bunch of random literally who criminals can make the technology themselves that gave them powers? Discounting villains like The Molten Man or Sandman.
>>
Opening and neighborhood spidey stuff was 10/10 comfy as fuck.
>>
>>84893610
>Better Parker/Spidey
A betacuck Marty McFly ripoff is a better spidey then a competent actor in Garfield. Sure he was a shit Peter but he was an okay Spidey compared to Holland
>>
>>84899395
>Homecoming had more than 1 villain

Wait, what? Are you counting Shocker as a villain rather than the lowly henchman he was?
>>
>>84899692
I loved the part where he was in the suburb, and realized he couldn't use his webs to swing across a field, so he has to start running on the ground instead. And then later on trying to swing across people's yards, and ends up running into everything along the way, he's swinging so low. Those were nice little touches that resolved something that always bothered me about the comics and previous movies.
>>
Movie was disappointing. I can't believe a Marvel movie got made with such a lack of good setpieces. I can't for the life of me understand the lack of spider-sense which really hurts the few action scenes they have. There is no proper confrontation between Spidey and Vulture and even the civilian-saving scenes were not on par with Raimi's.

The characters were also just bad for the most part, with the exception of Vulture. When Donald Glover is one of the best performances and most memorable characters with a bit part, the movie has an issue. Spidey has the emotional depth of a 15-year old, and while perhaps realistic, it's awful for the movie.

Overall, disappointing even for a Marvel film. Doesn't hold a candle to either Spider-Man 1 or 2. I'm not a comic wars guy, but it really does seem to me like Disney bought the Rotten Tomatoes reviews.
>>
English Torrent where? All I've found is a camrip in Russian.
>>
>>84898879

What did you expect from IGN? Taste and stantards?
>>
>>84899769
Considering in the comics he's a pretty big villain, yes.
Plus we never see what happened to him after the prom. He could easily have escaped (web dissolves after 2 hours, he got webbed at the beginning of the prom), and getting ready to fight Spidey in a future film.
Also I don't remember any other villains being shown other then the vulture.
>>
>>84891846
Why do people keep making thread pretending they thought it was shit?
>>
>>84896198
I though Ego and Vulture were both pretty good anon.
>>
>>84897887
I'm sure before 15th Century the % of white people in Americas was 0%.
>>
>>84900310
Vikings had settled in North America at least 500 years prior to that.
>>
>>84891846
Solid 7.10
>MJ sucked and was the most pointless thing ever
>Flash was terrible, and should have never made anyone back up in his presence (Plus they made him a loser that no one liked, How threatening)
>CGI was garbage
>Vulture killing Shocker 1 Should have been a big moment where he decides killing isn't so bad. Instead its a joke
>Aunt May was ruined and made into a joke character
>>
>>84900310
Kind of like the percentage of black people was 0% too?
>>
>>84899888
>There is no proper confrontation between Spidey and Vulture and even the civilian-saving scenes were not on par with Raimi's.
This. I liked the film. But the fight sequences were really lackluster. Raimi put you in the moment abd made you feel what the characters were feeling.
>>
>>84900383
>Aunt May was ruined and made into a joke character
If you didn't laugh at her reaction to finding out Parker's secret at the end, then you are probably too serious.
>>
>>84900418
Technically she might not know it was him, he was facing the other way. He could easily just jump out the window and fuck off.
>>
"You know, Peter, with great power comes great responsibility. Rudyard Kipling called it "White Man's Burden." Myself, I just call it as I see it: the responsibility of the master to discipline the servant."
Ben looks directly at the camera.
"The niggers, the spics, the chinks...It's our responsibility to civilize them. And if we can't? Then they shall dangle from the elm tree. The Day of the Rope is near, Pete. We'll have every nigger in this country dead or in chains in 10 years, and may God have me shot in a carjacking this very night if I'm wrong. God bless the American Nazi Party."
>>
>>84900614
That would be such as shitty cop out in the next Spiderman movie though.
>>
>>84900418
I liked it, but it has nothing to do with how bad her character was. One scene doesn't redeem her
>>
>>84900937
Looks like someone needs a little blarg. ;^)
>>
I don't get how you fags are liking this shit.

Imagine if:
>Batman licensed the suit technology from Tony Stark so now his suit talked and he was able to quip with it.
>Batman had a fat friend added into the universe to quip with and help him with gadgets (even though Batman is the fucking gadget guy)
>Alfred was Alfreda, a sexy 40 year old (well, you virgins would like that because you get to live your MOMMY fantasies)
>Batman was mostly CGI and looked like a PS4 videogame half the time
>>
>>84901103
You're right, but Ned was pretty cool. He hammered home part of the high school setting which I liked. And his porn quip caught me off guard
>>
>>84901127
>Ned was pretty cool
We can agree to disagree, but Ned was just another quip guy who for some reason was the tech expert (when Peter is supposed to be the tech expert).

They're essentially gave Peter's qualities to other characters. Spidey sense is replaced with Karen and her percentages and surveillance software, and Peter's tech stuff is taken over by Ned.
>>
>>84901103

The reason why your analogy is stupid is because Batman and Spiderman are not the same.

>Batman was mostly CGI and looked like a PS4 videogame half the time

Oh you mean like Spidey in the Raimi films?
>>
>>84901103
Well first of all, that DC property so that analogy falls on it's face. Second of all, if you watch the movie, he only gets the Stark suit for the beginning and middle, having to rely on his home costume at the end. Him giving up the newer suit in the end really also seems to indicate that in the next movie, Parker will keep using the home suit.
>>
>>84901206
I'll agree that I didn't like how Ned was the tech guy, but as a friend character he was cool. If I knew my friend was Spiderman, would totally be all over his case
>>
>>84901236
>Oh you mean like Spidey in the Raimi films?
Nah, spidey looked like a PS2 character in those films.
>>
>>84900394
Absolutely, America for the natives Amerindians
>>
>>84895037
>quips are not in Spiderman's character

God this place is cancer now
>>
>>84901236
Raimi films had far less CGI than this, what are you talking about
>>
>>84901247
He clearly has his Stark outfit at the end you fucking mong
>>
>>84901103
>>Batman licensed the suit technology from Tony Stark so now his suit talked and he was able to quip with it.
>>Batman had a fat friend added into the universe to quip with and help him with gadgets (even though Batman is the fucking gadget guy)
>>Alfred was Alfreda, a sexy 40 year old (well, you virgins would like that because you get to live your MOMMY fantasies)
>>Batman was mostly CGI and looked like a PS4 videogame half the time
So where can I buy tickets for this movie anon?
>>
>>84895904
You are objectively wrong
>>
>>84899315
Agreed. They just weren't realistic. Realism was never Raimi Spider-Man's point. Hell, realism is never Raimi's point. That's what makes him work.
>>
>>84901287

Which is worse, because there were jarring cuts between practical and CGI that were very noticeable and incredibly distracting. Just like in Matrix Reloaded. Now it's far more seamless.
>>
File: 1-vert-300x267.jpg (19KB, 300x267px) Image search: [Google]
1-vert-300x267.jpg
19KB, 300x267px
>>84901271
What?
>>
>>84901313
>Makes a big deal about not wanting the fancy shit at the end
Yeah he's wearing it then, but he's more then likely still sticking with his home costume in the next film. Then he'll use the Stark costume as a cop out to fix a plot hole at some point, before again falling back to his original costume.
>>
>>84901374
I'd rather have a couple of jarring scenes like Spiderman 2 (Which still actually holds up in most places) Then a movie that has shit CGI all the way through.
>>
>>84901236
>The reason why your analogy is stupid is because Batman and Spiderman are not the same.
They're fucking guys who fight crime. They both wear costumes and try to do good. They're both more or less loners.

But NOW, we have fat Ned and voicefu Karen by his side!
>>
>>84901382
Oh wow, you're cherrypicking with an image and trying to compare practical effects to cgi shots.
>>
>>84901412
The suit was if he became an avenger, he didn't. He got the Stark one back. You might be an actual idiot if you think they're gonna make his home-made suit the "Main" one going forward
>>
>>84901382
>Toby MacGuire's autistic and unintentionally hilarious "I shit myself" face as a positive example

What did he mean by this?

Also obviously it's not CGI when his mask is off. That's true in the new movie too, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>84901103
If The Flash gets an upgraded suit from Wayne Enterprises R&D department do you think anyone is going to give a shit?
>>
>>84891846
>>84893610
What the fuck were they thinking with that suit
It looks so bad
>>
>>84901413
>Which still actually holds up in most places

This is incorrect, take off your nostalgia goggles
>>
>>84901448
Almost any CGI scene in Spider-man 2 can easily hold up against Homecoming.
>>
>>84901448
Cherry picking? They're both very similar scenes in context (both Spider-Mans are using webslingers and their strength to prevent a disaster). One has the actual actor in the costume with rips on it and blood coming out and the other is a fucking video game.

ALL the action scenes in Homecoming were like this. When Spider-Man was fighting Vulture it looked like he was wrestling a kite. If you've got some better examples, name them.
>>
>>84901494
I watched it last week, its actually fine minus Ock looking a bit plastic
>>
>>84901467
Yeah, if the suit fucking talks to him like Karen/JARVIS. I'm not against the new suit doing news things (for example, it had a built in parachute, which was cool, and it had some different webslinging patterns, also good). But holy fuck I couldn't take the bantz between Spider-Man and Karen. We already had enough of that with Peter and Ned. And Peter and Happy. And Peter and Tony.
>>
>>84901425
Jesus Christ, are you serious?

Batman is supposed to be dark and brooding and serious. Spiderman is supposed to be light and fun and filled with humor. They're complete photo negatives of each other.

>They're both more or less loners
Except when Batman is with Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl/Oracle, or six other sidekicks. Stop speaking about things you clearly know nothing about.
>>
>>84901497
>>84901497
>lol the technology hasn't moved forward in fifteen years guys

Stop being so fucking stupid and blinded by childish nostalgia, my god
>>
>>84901528

Like I said. Nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>84901644
It has, but Marvel CGI is terrible, Look at the entire bank scene in Spiderman 2. Feels so much more real than Homecomings fights . It's definitely not as jarring as you say it is.
>>
>>84901595
>Batman is supposed to be dark and brooding and serious. Spiderman is supposed to be light and fun and filled with humor. They're complete photo negatives of each other.
Uh, just because they different personalities doesn't mean they don't have things in common (as I've listed). Neither of them needs to be saddled with a suit that quips back and forth with them.

>Except when Batman is with Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl/Oracle, or six other sidekicks. Stop speaking about things you clearly know nothing about.
Despite all this, Batman is still a loner. Just the way it is.
>>
>>84896177

>literally 5 seconds into the film someone is chastised for calling native Americans "Indians"

It's literally a 3 seconds dialogue. Besides, what's wrong with that? I mean, they're actually native Americans.

>literally 10 seconds in a black school news reporter is macking on blonde white girl

Yes, because that doesn't ever happen in real life. And again, it's a 3 seconds dialogue

>the new black Mary Jane's WE speech about how the Washington monument was built by slaves

1. She's not Mary Jane
2. There is a very good chance that slaves were involved in the process, although we're not 100% sure
3. Again, it's a 3 seconds dialogue

>both of Peter Parker's love interests are black

So?

>villain's wife is black

She's a filler character. Also they don't shove it in your face like "SEE THIS IS MY WIFE SHE'S BLACK WE WUZ"

>Peter's Mexican school rival has a white blonde girlfriend

And that's a bad thing because...?

>the oh so edgy /b/ Fuck Marry Kill scene with high schoolers fantasizing about old men, also participated in by a gay male

Nigga they're fantasizing about super fucking heroes, not just old men.

Jesus, you are insufferable. You all push your agendas a lot more than sjws. You're worse than them.
>>
>>84891846
>Shit, I never thought I would ever have a completely retarded and backwards opinion that reveals I know absolutely nothing about the character

I can't say I'm as shocked as you are.
>>
>>84901676
>Watched it last week
>Watched Homecoming 2 days ago
>Nost...Nostalgia GOGGLES!
seriously fuck off
>>
>>84896177
>I can't enjoy a movie because I have too many weird hangups

That's your problem, not ours
>>
File: 11145555.png (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
11145555.png
39KB, 640x480px
>>84896177
Why are /pol/beards so easily triggered?
>>
>>84896255

What's it like to have autism? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>84901789

Because they have nothing else to do with their time.
>>
>>84901759

Let me clarify. I don't believe you saw it for the first time last week. You're just saying that to bolster your shitty argument.
>>
>>84901908
I didn't say I did, I just meant I rewatched it. And it was fine. Again, I'd rather have moments of bad CGI, moments. then almost 90% of Spider-mans scenes being blatantly CGI.
Hell I liked Homecoming, but if you say the CGI isn't that bad, and Spiderman 2 is way worse, your a fucking liar
>>
>>84901723
>the entire bank scene in Spiderman 2
>Feels so much more real
>real

You have some kind of mental disability if you think there was anything remotely believable about that sequence. Besides, it's a Spiderman movie, the last thing it should be going for is realism. What kind of idiot are you?
>>
>>84901993
In that it felt like they were actually in the place. I felt they were really in the scene than being placed in a scene
>>
>>84901960
>I just meant I rewatched it
Which means you saw it when you were younger.
Which means you are probably deluded by nostalgia.
Hence, nostalgia goggles.
It's really insane that I have to hold your hand through this and explain what the fuck that term means
>>
>>84901730
>Just because they're polar opposite characters in look, attitude, and style doesn't mean they're dissimilar
Are you feeling okay?

>Neither of them needs to be saddled with a suit that quips back and forth with them.
He was 'saddled' with it for two scenes. It was mostly in there for comic relief.

>Batman is a loner even though he's rarely if ever alone
This is like talking to an infant.
>>
>>84902009

Nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>84902061
You're entire argument is that I somehow can't look at things objectively. Guess what, I can. Homecoming CGI is shit and used all the time. Spiderman 2 CGI is sparingly used and well, better
>>
>>84902169
Nice argument? Actually make a point instead of being a shitposter
>>
>>84894995
> don't remember it
Because that was fan made and wasn't in the movie.
This is the actual score:
https://youtu.be/I42Y1bl5uXs
>>
Somehow in just a few days this has made $25m in South Korea.
>>
File: 876556445.jpg (265KB, 1162x1800px) Image search: [Google]
876556445.jpg
265KB, 1162x1800px
> That said, the latest “Apes” movie’s projected opening is still only a bit more than half of what “Spider-Man: Homecoming” made last weekend when it scored $117 million domestically. A huge blockbuster like “Homecoming” typically experiences a steep drop-off during its second week. But time will tells how much the positive reviews and word of mouth can keep “Homecoming” from falling. If it drops off by 60%, which would not be unusual, it will most likely land firmly in second with around $47 million. But a strong hold like the one “Wonder Woman” saw this summer in its second weekend (43%) could put Spidey neck and neck with the newcomer.
>>
>>84902141
>Are you feeling okay?
Wow, you think so narrowly. Based on your logic no one has anything in common because of a few differences. There's billions of people in their worlds, but only a handful fight crime wearing costumes.

>He was 'saddled' with it for two scenes. It was mostly in there for comic relief.
It was more than two. Yes, it was for comic relief, that's the fucking problem. I get it, you love Marvel quips. And he's got the suit back so for the next movie you'll be happy because everytime he's fighting crime Karen will be there making """""hilarious""""" jokes.

>This is like talking to an infant.
So you're the only person on the planet who doesn't think Batman is a loner. He's had tons of stretches of time in the comic where he didn't have a sidekick and most of the movies didn't have a sidekick.
>>
>>84895228

That's the power of the Marvel "Cinematic" Universe baby!
>>
File: 46466.jpg (128KB, 996x881px) Image search: [Google]
46466.jpg
128KB, 996x881px
>>84901789
>>
>>84896263
oh no!

he tweeted!

If you were less autistic, you could tell it was a joke.
>>
>>84896587
I also watch RedLetterMedia
>>
File: 457457.jpg (32KB, 495x525px) Image search: [Google]
457457.jpg
32KB, 495x525px
>>84903370
>it was a joke
>flat-out lying
what's your agenda?
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rogue-one-is-a-political-allegory-tease-writers-946638
>>
File: spider-man cgi.jpg (48KB, 736x812px) Image search: [Google]
spider-man cgi.jpg
48KB, 736x812px
>>84901287
Jesus christ, you can't be this stupid
>>
>>84903492
>literally says tease in the title

Do you actually have autism? I'm not trying to bully you, anon.
>>
>>84901271
I guess you've never seen ps2 games
>>
>>84904069
I played them all the time when I was a teenager you retarded memer.
>>
>>84903701
That still looks good though?
>>
>>84903701
It looks better in motion. It does
>>
>>84903701
>Not knowing they're blurring the background to make the illusion of momentum
>>
>>84895904
>for once an sympathetic villain with actual sensible motivation
>played by Keaton of all people
And you still call him underwhelming?
>>
>>84904497
>Moving something really fast in front of you hides detail and makes it look better
DUH ARE YOU SURE
>>
>>84896768
your autism is triggering itself, OP
>>
>>84896304
Because you are weak minded
>>
File: NeverWrong.jpg (68KB, 530x350px) Image search: [Google]
NeverWrong.jpg
68KB, 530x350px
>>84903331
>>
>>84904584
What were his motivations again?
He was literally a villain for the sake of being a villain. Maybe I missed something during a bathroom break, but apart from "he needs the money" they don't really explain why he does what he does.
>>
>>84895228
>but the movie still looks flat and boring
It's not from the movie, it's from marketing material.
>>
>>84895904
Nigga his costume alone was 10/10 never thought they could make that geriatric fuck look cool as hell
>>
>>84903757
t. autist
>>
>>84896099
>3 separate people I know thought the same.
WHOAOAOA STOP THE PRESSES
>>
>>84904636
>What were his motivations again?
To get back at big cats like Stark and the government for shitting all over him, and to provide for his family.
>but apart from "he needs the money" they don't really explain why he does what he does.
His family is a huge part of the plot. Sure you didn't wander into a theater playing planet of the apes on accident?
>>
>>84904636
He got his ass fucked by Stark and now want to makes money managing his weapon selling business

He's not even a villain in sense, he just does his own business. He's a villain in sense that he breaks the law and the guns he selling are dangerous as shit.
>>
>>84896255
die off already white scum
>>
>>84895904
How's it feel to have such shit taste that even plebs that frequent this board laugh at you?
>>
>>84904685
Missed that part. I took like a few 15 minutes bathroom breaks from drinking 128 ounces of fluid. And then I had like two hot dogs and a ton of nachos and cheese with jalapenos. The jalapenos gave me a few sharts.
>>
>>84904589
That actually holds up shockingly well for early 2000s CGI.
>>
>>84897256
sick b8 bro
>>
>>84904721
I don't give a shit though. Pay more attention to the movies you watch before complaining and making ass of yourself.
>>
>>84904589
Looks better than homecoming
>>
>>84904748
I was never complaining. And I did say
>unless I missed something during one of my bathroom breaks.
Maybe you shouldn't be making such a fool of yourself, in the future.
>>
>>84895904
I hope you're b8ing, you piece of shit. Vulture as a whole was fantastic. Took me by surprise since all the other MCU villains have been utter garbage and unmemorable.
>>
I hope Spider-Man Homecoming :II introduces Venom
>>
>>84904828
I wonder if Keaton gave some input that helped them refine the character a lot.
>>
>>84904814
Fair enough
>>
>>84896814
Fuck me she is one ugly cunt.

But that baboon's face beside her is hilarious. Niggers man.
>>
>>84896814
What is with the razor burn? Gross
>>
File: tomhardyeddiebrock.jpg (114KB, 670x893px) Image search: [Google]
tomhardyeddiebrock.jpg
114KB, 670x893px
>>84904843
Venom won't be in the MCU
>>
>Be spiderman
>Cause tons of damage and put lives in danger by interrupting a bank robbery, destroying nearby buildings. Without my interference, it would have gone off without anyone getting harmed.
>Cause tons of damage and put lives in danger by interrupting an illegal gun sale, destroying nearby buildings. Without my interference, it would have gone off without anyone getting harmed.
>Cause tons of damage and put lives in danger by interrupting a gun deal on a ferry, destroying the entire ferry and nearly getting hundreds killed. Without my interference, it would have gone off without anyone getting harmed, and only iron man's intervention saved everyones life
>Cause explosion that destroys washington monument, entirely my own fault, barely prevent the disaster from killing anyone after putting lives in mortal peril
>Interrupt attempted robbery of an unarmed flight, crashing a plane into new york city. Probably killed some offscreen people

Spiderman is ISIS
>>
File: tfa.jpg (2MB, 1458x2160px) Image search: [Google]
tfa.jpg
2MB, 1458x2160px
>>84891846
>it's another "let's cram all the characters we possibly can onto the poster" episode

Still not as bad as the TFA poster though.
Thread posts: 250
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.