[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bladerunner: Which version do I watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: bladerunnerthefinalcut.jpg (38KB, 240x355px) Image search: [Google]
bladerunnerthefinalcut.jpg
38KB, 240x355px
I haven't watched this film in years, do I watch the remastered version done by Ridley himself 'The Final Cut' or the original 1982 version?
>>
>>84889842
Find a fan edit without the dream scene.
>>
>>84889866

Don't have the time,

So should I watch The Final Cut or the '82 version?
>>
>>84889906
>Don't have the time,

sounds like a (You) problem to me.
>>
>>84889842
White Dragon Cut.
>>
>>84889842
The theatrical cut. I unironically like Harrison Ford's voice over and think it's just as deadpan and lifeless as his acting in the movie so the delivery isn't that big of a deal. It adds to the whole "film noir"/ Maltese Falcon thing the movie's going for
>>
>>84889962

Uh, no I just am watching this on my Xbox One and there's no way for me to stream a fan edit of the film from my 55' Samsung 4K HDR tv. I have TWO options.

The Final Cut or the '82 version??
>>
>>84890436
final cut
>>
unironically read the book. one of those cases where the book is better. the movie is still great, though, just a fun sci-fi thriller. doesn't matter which version you watch.
>>
The final/definitive/lasterer cuts are all good, just understand the Unicorn dream was just some weird idea Ridley had and took footage from another movie. If you have the option when it shows up just skip to the next scene
>>
>>84890436
>Xbox One
Get le fuck out.
>>
if Ridley Scott made his own cut after it was in theaters, that's most likely the one he wants to be his legacy. in my opinion, it's the final cut regardless of what he thinks
>>
>>84889842
I was told to watch final cut so I did.
>>
>>84890727
We as consumers of media can pick whichever versions of movies we like, legacies be damned. In the case of Ridley, much like Lucas, whatever his strengths are, you can only take what he says/wants with a grain of salt, because he has a bad habit of shitting on his older work.

In this case I recommend the Director's Cut, not the Final Cut.
>>
>>84890844

Really?

How so? Can you explain the differences in clairty?
>>
>>84890727
The Final Cut is the only cut he actually worked on. The Director's Cut was made by a group of people who looked at some notes he had of what he originally wanted and tried their best to recreate it.
>>
>>84891124

Thanks anon. Just rented The Final Cut.

GOING FULL SCREEN. JUST STARTED IT!
>>
>>84889842
Final Cut

Stay away from the original version at all costs. The stupid narration ruins it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.