[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sopranos Best Episodes Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

I just recently watched "irregular around the margins" in the sopranos and I consider it to be one of the best episodes of any show I have ever seen.

Tony begins to think about the consequences of his actions and his growth but everybody else's opinion of him is set and in addition to everybody being scared of him, they think of him as little more than a horndog. Christopher Moltisanti was also great in this episode and had the most spectacular line of the episode where tony tells him the that he knows the truth about what happened and all he says is "I gotta live in the world". What I got from this is, who the fuck cares about the truth, what others think of us is what defines us to some extent. And Drea de matteo did a wonderful job as well. Great fucking episode
>>
>>84888419
Its been years for me but what was Chris referring to? Is this the one where they are pissing next to the plane and Tony realises Chris was considering pushing him into the propeller?
>>
>>84888578
That was Furio, not Chris
>>
Pine Barrens is unequivocally the best ep isode.
>>
>>84888665
Overrated but great

>>84888578
no when Tony and Adriana get in car crash and everyone assumes they were cheating.
>>
do you think adrianna ever cheated? considering how easy it would have been for tony to smash her
>>
>>84890018

Nah. She loved Christopher. If she wasn't so latent in her desperation for protection from the FBI shit, she probably never would've turned to Tony.

She wanted to feel safe. She had some underlying daddy issues. The FBI was on her ass. Tony was a logical out in her dingy head
>>
>>84888578
you're a fucking queer
>>
>>84888665
literally unironically reddit
>>
Employee of the month is great. I'm so glad Melfi didn't get the rapist killed, she and most citizens are meant to be moral compasses in the show and that would have ruined that.
>>
Whoever did this was my fave

also that one when Paulie sees the Virgin Mary on the stage at the strip club
damn that was so shockingly unexpected
>>
"It's all a big nothing...what makes you think you're so special?"

Depression AJ > Every other character
>>
>>84891136
Kill AJ
>>
>>84891136
nope he was such a depressive pussy i wanted to punch him repeatedly
>>
>>84891136

Worst character. I'm on the second to last season and I couldn't care less about what happens to him.
>>
>>84891242
probably because you are a moron
>>
>>84891333

Probably because he's a shitty character.

>you're just not smart enough to care about an angsty teenager
>>
>>84891242
get a load of this reddit pleb
>>
There's not a single bad episode in season 6 Tbh Tbh
>>
>>84891242
>>84891209
>>84891179
Top plebs
>>
>>84891119
P A T R I C I A N
>>
>>84891525

Yeah I keep hearing this name calling but no substance. Do you argue your point like a pleb ironically?
>>
Why exactly did Vito suck that construction worker's dick and let that other guy fuck him in the ass? Was he gay? It wasn't really clear to me.
>>
>>84891553
>>84891525

Back into your hole troll.
>>
>>84891585
I'm not arguing, the show went over your head. that's all there is to it.
>>
insufferable teenagers seem to be david chases specialty, watch not fade away if you don't believe me. why is every adolescent character by him so annoying (in a good way)?
>>
What's so fucking hilarious, ya fucking parade float?
>>
>>84891585
AJ is one of the single best written characters in television history, you only hate him because you hate yourself.
>>
>>84891242
Are you really this stupid? Or just looking for attention?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>84891179
>>84891209
>>84891242
>>84891451
If you have hatred for the character, congratulations, you missed the fucking point.

AJ is supposed to be the poster child for millennial boys. Tony's parenting never guided him from anything more than a adolescent hellchild. Because Tony was never there, and he didn't know enough about parenting to know that young men on the verge of adulthood need to be given the cold shoulder and kicked out into the world without any safety nets, otherwise they usually crash and burn with all the distractions that we have in the modern world and become fat neets who depend on their single mother.

I know it sounds pathetic to compare my own life to a tv show, but take it from someone who grew up in a household that was eerily family to how the soprano family was depicted. Dysfunction from parents creates further dysfunction in the children. The point of AJ is that he might have had learning disabilities. He was extremely bright and observational in certain areas and completely deficient in others. He had no guidance and lived under constant dysfunction. It's no surprise that they went down the course of having him be suicidal.

The writers absolutely nailed this depiction of the common 21st century dysfunctional family so well, and they did it while under the delicate balance of mockery, satire and drama

TL;DR: You are supposed to feel bad for him, not hate him.
>>
>>84888665
No, but it's one of the funniest.

>He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator.
>Really? His house looked like shit.
>>
>>84891805
>not liking boring, whiny, annoying characters = 2deep4u
>>
>>84891889
Where you ever and are you still coddled by your mother?
>>
>>84891612
yes, yes he was
>>
>>84888419
I like the part where Paulie is gossiping on phone. Tells something about his character.
>>
>>84891924
But what about his blood pressure medication? I mean he could get a doctor's note and everything, don't see a reason why they would kill him when there was no proof he was gay.
>>
>>84891889
AJ is the only character who sees it, the world is this big nothing
>>
>>84891805
>you see, the reason you don't like Charles Dickens is that you clearly didn't understand the deep complicated allegories showing rich people are bad and poor people are good
>>
>>84892014
what about livia
>>
>>84892071
Livia was pure ego, AJ was pure id
>>
>>84891889
>>84892047
>can't even grasp psychology 101
C'mon guys. It's not even that hard.
>>
>>84892071
I know Livia said that but it was pretty clear that she did heavily invest herself in the world albeit in an extremely negative way.

You should have knocked! We could have been doing anything.

and what were you doing? Nothing
>>
>>84891209
Is he you, anon? It's alright. People love you.
>>
>>84891805
tony was there for him enough, but carmella coddled him. show me one scene showing that tony doesn't spend enough time with him
>>
File: Tony on a boat.gif (3MB, 368x349px) Image search: [Google]
Tony on a boat.gif
3MB, 368x349px
>>84891612
I genuinely lol'd at this line, m8. Well done.
>>
Did Tony die at the end? I didn't feel like they really made it clear, maybe there was supposed to be a movie or something to answer it?
>>
>>84892880
what is it about that smile that it looks so sinister?
>>
>>84893029
fuck of queer
>>
File: Phil Reotardo.jpg (58KB, 606x694px) Image search: [Google]
Phil Reotardo.jpg
58KB, 606x694px
>>84893032
He was potentially considering killing Paulie at this point.
>>
>>84893171
I personally think at that point he was just fucking with paulie, he knew he told the joke so he scares him. where would he get the weights to sink him from on a rented boat?

anyways, what I mean is how does gandolfini do it? I think his talent really is in his eyes
>>
top 20 (in chronologial order)

denial, anger, acceptance (1)
college (1)
the knight in white satin armor (2)
funhouse (2)
pine barrens (3)
no show (4)
whoever did this (4)
the test dream (5)
long term parking (5)
cold cuts (5)
in camelot (5)
all due respect (5)
irregular around the margins (5)
join the club (6a)
mayham (6a)
soprano home movies (6b)
stage 5 (6b)
the second coming (6b)
the blue comet (6b)
made in america (6b)
>>
>>84893124
That doesn't answer my question bro
>>
>>84893525
One of the few shows that got more and more kino as it went on
>>
Why are there Sopranos 'purists' who seem to think seasons 1 and 2 are superior and the later seasons are terrible? I thought 6 was incredible
>>
>>84893788
They're plebs that completely missed the point and really just wanted a crime drama.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.