[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did I think of this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: key_art_bowling_for_columbine.jpg (59KB, 900x350px) Image search: [Google]
key_art_bowling_for_columbine.jpg
59KB, 900x350px
What did I think of this?
>>
>>84887981
Despite his personal views on politics, the film is actually really informative. Its a great gateway for any American to research things that mass media and the government dont tell you.
>>
>>84888982
>the film is actually really informative.
Pfffft
>>
>>84887981
masterpiece
>>
>stalks an old guy with alzheimer's to confront him on shit he can't even answer in his mental capacity
Did Sam Raimi direct this?
>>
>>84887981
It doesn't lead to any conclusions.
Sure we could guess what Moore's ideal would be: banning all guns forever in the US, but that is completely retarded. I get the sense that he purposefully excluded that from the film because on some level he knew that people would see it as retarded, but ultimately it leads to an unfinished doc. It has no conclusion, plain and simple.
>>
>>84889037
>stalks an old guy who represents the biggest gun owners syndicate in the world, which spends millions to lobby congress every year

Yeah, god forbid someone confront these psychopaths who live long lives full of luxury hidden in some gated community, while selling weapons.
>>
>>84889162
>It has no conclusion, plain and simple.

Thats the beauty of it. The US cant "ban guns" and never will. The hundred million illegal guns will keep circulating around gangs and criminals and the legal gun owners will continue to stock up on ammo and buy the newest AR-build.

Its never ending. Its a huge industry, which represents the idea of a violent and hateful society full of fear.
>>
>>84889209
I agreed with you up until the "violent and hateful society full of fear" part. That's simply not true. Look up gun crime, see who uses guns violently. Big shocker, it's blacks and hispanics. This is where the 'violence and hate' comes from. The 'fear' if it can be called that is the natural reaction of whites knowing that niggers and spics are armed to the teeth and violent, hateful and stupid enough to randomly go out and shoot each other in the street.
>>
Misleading politicized shit just like everything else that fat lesbian makes
>>
>>84889163
>NRA
>selling weapons
Is this what anti-gunners really believe?
Then again you probably think banning guns would work better than it does in Chicago, Detroit, etc. if done on a national scale.
>>
I think it was just an excuse for Moore to show some killing on film.
>>
It perfectly embodies how unsubstantiated all americans are in terms of intelligent debate through michael moore being a complete idiot
>>
File: 1404878909309.png (55KB, 540x386px) Image search: [Google]
1404878909309.png
55KB, 540x386px
>>84889163
>Yeah, god forbid someone confront these psychopaths who live long lives full of luxury hidden in some gated community, while selling weapons.

lol
>>
Why are gun nuts incapable of understanding the point of this documentary? I hate Moore but he made it pretty clear the problem with America was fear and distrust, not the guns themselves.
>>
>>84889163
Every time someone gets pissy about guns I just refer them to California. Bluest state in America and among the highest in violent crime. States with open carry have almost no gun related crimes, but states full of niggers and spics have plenty regardless of laws
>>
It was honestly the biggest pile of shit I'd ever seen. I'm fairly liberal but all the arguments he posed could've been argued against so easily. Not to mention he failed to interview a single average joe gun owner. No,he went all the way into some backass town and asked the local gun nut with mental disabilities about firearms.

I also laughed so much at the scene where he went into the hood in LA. He was all like "Hey,you don;t actually get attacked here. It's all just media lies. These are good people." Even though he went in the middle of the day time with a camera crew of half a dozen people and there was a cop car 100m up the road. He also then tried to make some bullshit about how white people sell guns to blacks and it's white peoples fault theres so much death.

It was the worst documentary i've ever seen. I watched it since i like hearing two sides of an argument but his"film" was the most nit-picked bullshit i'd ever seen.
>>
File: longshanks.png (913KB, 1273x542px) Image search: [Google]
longshanks.png
913KB, 1273x542px
He's a fantastic documentarian and it's a fantastic documentary, but that's not saying much. It's important not to conflate documentary film making with investigative journalism.
>>
>>84891248
>He also then tried to make some bullshit about how white people sell guns to blacks and it's white peoples fault theres so much death.
This. He neglected to mention that 90% of total gun crime in the US is committed while using illegal guns and more than 70% of that is with handguns, not semi-automatic rifles or shotguns.
>>
>>84889357
>Literally proving the point like a true pawn.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.