[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

>ITT: Movies that were shat on by critics and audiences alike,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: legion-1024x551.jpg (62KB, 1024x551px)
legion-1024x551.jpg
62KB, 1024x551px
>ITT: Movies that were shat on by critics and audiences alike, but were actually kino.
>>
>>84886651
>ITT: someone shits on people for being critical of a movie when their only analysis is "kino"
>>
>>84886651
I laughed super hard when Gabriel appeared. Man, did he look goofy with his mace and wings.
>>
This movie was hot garbage, fuck off with your forced meme retard
>>
>>84886651
>contrarianism the post

or I guess /tv/ in a nutshell.
>>
>>84886694
I'm sorry that you don't understand why this movie is kino.

>>84886847
How was it hot garbage, anon? Or is that what (((they))) want you to believe?
>>
File: the_cat_in_the_hat.jpg (158KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
the_cat_in_the_hat.jpg
158KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>84886651
This bad boy, also is unironically my ideal movie world I would live in.
>>
>>84886651
I loved Legion. I had no idea it was unpopular
>>
>>84886651
man that movie was turd, I can't believe believe they made it into a tv show after, and it lasted more than one season.
>>
>>84887838
Every second of this movie is just utterly baffling I unironically enjoy it.

Honestly what the fuck were they thinking.
>>
>>84886936
Why dont you help him understand.
Why is the movie "kino"?
>>
>>84888005
Not enough epic quips and le girls kicking butt XD I guess
>>
>>84886651
This need to be redone, about 2.5 hours long and show heaven.

Great idea for a movie.
>>
>>84886651
I have never ever heard of this movie ever.
>>
File: AlienResurrection180256.jpg (97KB, 632x900px) Image search: [Google]
AlienResurrection180256.jpg
97KB, 632x900px
This movie gets WAAAAYYYYY too much hate for it's own good. Visually and by the way of cinematography Resurrection was a freakin masterpiece of an Alien film.

>aborted clone scene
>newborn
>creepy scientists with good looking Aliens
>Good effects even compared to the new Alien Covenant

Alien Resurrection is that one movie I can say with solid faith, without a doubt and good conscience that people shit on this for absolutely NO good reason.
>>
File: AI.jpg (7KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
AI.jpg
7KB, 182x268px
>>84886651
This right here.

I consider AI to be one of Spielberg's best. It is a beautiful tale that I saw late at night in a drive in movie when I was 18 with my high school girlfriend. It hit me right in the feels and was an amazing journey beginning to end.

AND that ending, that many constantly bitch about, was one of the finest in the history of cinematography. It was crazy to think that cyborg was humanities afterlife and the only remaining records of our existence.

Very good movie. But the truth is honestly, that it's so real that it's a bit hard to watch. Watching Haley Joel Osment never get accepted as a human and his quest for the blue angel (if I remember right) was a bit depressing, but the fact that he never abandoned hope until the end of time really tugged the heartstrings.

I think people bitch about it because it punched them in the feels too hard.
>>
File: eyes_wide_lead.jpg (355KB, 1100x685px) Image search: [Google]
eyes_wide_lead.jpg
355KB, 1100x685px
>>84886651
Eyes Wide Shut.

It was well known that Kubrick did this project to pay off creditors that were up his ass about debts. And at the time it was fashionable to be a contrarian and shit on Kubrick.

But honestly, no movie quite gives you the weird alien gangstalked dreamlike paranoia quite like Eyes Wide Shut. It is a man descending into a nightmare and is executed beautifully cinmatically. The insane orgies are a feast of symbolism for the eyes.

Unironically, I'd say this is one of Kubrick's best. Right up there with Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket, and Dr Strangelove.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.