[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why in the movies middle earth was so.. scorched? Like after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: mtc.jpg (952KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mtc.jpg
952KB, 1200x1200px
So why in the movies middle earth was so.. scorched?

Like after a nuclear war?

Where are the farm?
>>
File: eagles squawking.jpg (153KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
eagles squawking.jpg
153KB, 1366x768px
The Eagles delivered all of their food on demand so they didn't need farms. That's why they were too busy to fly the ring to Mordor.
>>
>>84870593
Because they wamted to make sure the audience understood that if Sauron won, the world would be destroyed.
>>
File: GOT-1-11.jpg (179KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
GOT-1-11.jpg
179KB, 1024x576px
>>84870593
Really sad that Game of Thrones was better at rendering fantasy landscapes than a big budget Hollywood movie.
>>
Because they're in very early spring. Faramir says it's the spring rains when they ride from Minas Tirith.
>>
>>84870593
It was part of the bleak "world on the brink of destruction" theme. Same reason the sky is so grey. Also, it's really only like this in Return of the King, specifically Gondor and Mordor. In Fellowship and the Twin Towers the world looks a lot more normal.
>>
>>84870593
It was only scorched in the 3rd movie, and if you can't understand why then you haven't watched the movies or read the books
>>
Most of the land in the books feels even more desolate than what is depicted in the movie.
>>
>>84870593
>Where are the farm?
Why would you want to see agriculture? Is this the new tax meme?
>>
>>84870593
If they had farms in Gondor then the retard film viewers would have thought they were back in the Shire.
>>
>>84870651
Because GoT rendered the faraway landscapes with CGI and the scenes happen in closed walls or rooms.
LotR has Gandalf riding Shadowfax all around Minas Tirith, Aragorn entering and visiting Edoras, Rivendell being showed inside out, etc. GoT can't possibly show as much interior detail as LotR, so they ham upbthe fantasy aspect of their faraway landscape, knowing they don't need to show it close up.
>>
>>84870593
It was in the post apocalyptic land of new zealand instead of europe
>>
they're making a point that Gondor is in a sorry state by that time
>>
>>84871345
>new
>>
Thats what grass looks like before and after winter. Do you not live in a place that gets snow?
>>
>>84870593
>scorched
Where are you from? This picture looks like regular winter/early spring to me.
>>
>>84870651
Old town has a big flaming pee hole?
>>
>>84870651
is thast astapor?
>>
>>84870593
More importantly, did farmers in middle earth get subsidised by their king? Did aragorn tax the produce?
If I wanted cabbage from the shire would I have to pay an import tax?
why didn't frodo have to declare the ring going through elven customs? It's expensive, right?
>>
>>84870593
So what DO people eat tuere? Do eagles deliver food every day to the city by air or something?
>>
>>84870593
Jackson disliked agricultural subsidies so he scrapped this important part of the books
>>
>>84870651
Where is the farmland? Where is this city getting its food?
>>
>>84872597
oldtown
>>
>>84870593
because it was winter you dumb shit
>>
>>84870593

Orc Refugees had been Sauronbar'n everything and that's the result.
>>
Sorry for sullying one of the purest threads in /tv/ but I'm about to start a rewatch of this abomination BUT in extended form. Does the extended cut give the trilogy justice? Or do I just rewatch LotR.
>>
>>84874022
read the book you fuck
>>
>>84874022
watch the tolkien edit
>>
>>84870593
was it Jackson trying to visually portray that Middle Earth was in decline due to Sauron's presence?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.