[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mr. Nobody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: 51ulC1aDjtL.jpg (50KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
51ulC1aDjtL.jpg
50KB, 354x500px
What's your opinion on this movie ?

Just saw this film like one hour ago and I had a great time. Never heard about this movie before, so I wasn't expecting anything but damn, I really liked it.

Good soundtrack (some cool songs I didn't even know like Daydream), very convincing actoring, the way it was filmed is also very nice, and I loved the "plot" and the fact that it tried to depict some kind of existential emptiness.

Oh and there is wincest.
>>
Really liked it.
>>
Good movie that I wish had better production
>>
>>84866866
Amazing movie. It's like The Man From Earth if The Man From Earth weren't a terrible film.
>>
File: IMG_2001.gif (620KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2001.gif
620KB, 498x498px
>>84866866
>Deliciously Dizzying Disequilibrium
What the fuck did they mean by this?
>>
File: ywn.png (866KB, 1280x543px) Image search: [Google]
ywn.png
866KB, 1280x543px
>>84866866
I didnt like how the movie tried to tackle so many ideals. All that future space stuff with Nemo and Anna felt unnecessary to the story.

The romance with Juno temple was great though.
>>
>>84866866
One of my favorites. Never knew the tagline before this post.
>>
>>84866949
>The Man From Earth
Never saw this movie, it's about some immortal dude ?

>>84866937
I think the production was fine. What was your issue with it ?

>>84866992
I have absolutely no idea.

>>84866997
The space thing was not my favorite part either but I guess they had money to spend on some cool special effects. I think it's supposed to give you a clue about the fact that maybe the rest of the story is not entirely real.
>>
>>84867094
Greenscreen technology wasn't really there yet and you could tell the way some scenes were filmed that it was a bit clunky.
Its' still a great movie, just needed a little more handling in post-production.
>>
>>84867094
David Bowie is a gay alien with a keyring full of gold rings and a bunch of patents for unlimited dosh. 4 hours of delirium ensues.
>>
>>84867094
It dd look cool but as a whole it just didn't fit the story imo.
I thought the other choices were Nemo end up spending his life mourning the bipolar wife made more of a impact.
>>
>>84867163
Ah yes, that's quite possible, I saw this movie on dvdrip quality so I couldn't pay too much attention to this. Maybe I am also biased since it's french belgian movie, I wasn't expecting something very flashy.
>>
>>84867275
>bipolar wife
Yeah, these scenes are definitely amongst the most depressing ones.

I think I really liked the overall idea of not chosing = everything is possible. When I was just a bit younger, I had this bad habit of thinking of what my life could have been with different choices.
>>
>>84867168
That's The Man who Fell to Earth, which is actually pretty sweet.
>>
>>84867436

>mfw I stopped choosing 20+ years ago

Any day now something interesting will happen.

Yep...

Pretty excellent movie all around, I watched it this morning sometime before going to bed. Good acting, great writing, decent choreography.

9 out of 10 niggers.

Point deducted for floppy bi-polar gutterslut wife scenes and boring asian wife scenes when he should've saw that shit coming when he was like 12 and first met them.
>>
Whenever I see Jared Leto's stupid pretty-boy face I lose all interest in seeing whatever movie it is
Is he bearable in this one?
>>
File: 10.jpg (40KB, 700x457px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
40KB, 700x457px
>>84867522
>boring asian wife
I thought she had the worst deal of them all because we really didn't get to know her.

Also who was the best girl anyway?
>>
>>84867541
Hm... I don't dislike him to be honest so I couldn't tell you...

>>84867522
I think it is kindda sad for the asian girl, she was not the first pick and she realizes her husband is not satified with his life.

>>84867601
Step sister romance is nice.
>>
I really enjoyed it but I'm a sucker for romance and futuristic scifi stuff..
>>
Love this movie and watched it with my ex, now it's always connected to her in my memory unfortunately. Good movie to watch with your girl if your girl is a high IQ romantic type.
>>
>>84867725

She didn't really do anything wrong, true.

Anna was obviously the proper choice of waifu.

Though in all honesty he should've cut his mother's head off for destroying the letter Anna sent him.
>>
Interpretation: the universe expands and contracts and reforms an infinite number of times and over infinity we live our lives over and over and every possible thing that happens does happen. For unexplained reasons the main character can remember other versions of his life from billions/trillions of years past.
Thoughts?
>>
>>84867876

Sort of.

My impression was that he was somehow present or concious of another temporal dimension which kind of let him skip through from one to the next haphazardly as they intersected each other.
>>
>>84868132
Interesting, so like parallel universes? Do you think all the alternate lives actually happened or is he sort of living them in his imagination?

I don't think there is a right answer by the way.
>>
>>84867844
>Though in all honesty he should've cut his mother's head off for destroying the letter Anna sent him

That's the part where I don't understand why the parents are reacting this way. Given the circumstances of their meeting and the fact that Nemo and Anna aren't even blood related, there is nothing "bad" in their relationship. What a bunch of assholes.

>>84867876
I saw two possibilities for the explanation : like you and the other anon said. It's somehow the most probable explanation since there is a lot of science involved.

But, I also saw that movie as some kind of existentialist movie, where you got vertigo because of a choice. Like the story would be about Nemo realizing he's basically free to do anything, but once he will chose he'll be stuck in a timeline. So he's doing his best to think of every possible outcomes, futures, and stay as long as possible in this state of non-choice, so he can live everything at the same time.
But in the end, not chosing is not possible and because the initial choice (his parents) was an impossible decision, all his dimensions starts to collapse and melt.
>>
>>84867876

Isn't it made explicit that all of the events after the train station sequence are in his imagination?

I think the film is about making decisions and how major decisions aren't worth worrying about. All that really matters is having a positive attitude because everything else is out of your control in the form of unforeseeable consequences and bad luck.
>>
>>84868181

I think it all happened at once and continues to happen and was always happening forever and always everywhere.

HIs odd conciousness let him jump through them, like parallels, yes.

>>84868325
I didn't get it either, they weren't related, they'd never actually be brother and sister, so who cares? Maybe she was just jealous that he was happy and odd while she was a normie who kept sabotaging her relationships with 'muh vagina' syndrome.
>>
>>84868482

It is stated so, yes. That it was all the imagination of a nine year old boy. (This is towards the end when he's talking to the reporter and the cityscape begins to degrade.)

I still think he was REALLY leaping through realities.
>>
>tfw qt best girl Juno Temple becomes some ugly German weirdo for some reason

The film is an absolute fucking mess but it does have some charm.
>>
>>84868525
I had a stepsister and my parents would have completely freaked if we were screwing.
>>
>>84868645

Is she cute?
>>
>>84868645

Was your stepsister hot?
>>
>>84868482
>Isn't it made explicit that all of the events after the train station sequence are in his imagination?
Old Nemo mentions that they are just imaginary persons coming from the mind of a 9yo boy but since the other characters don't seem to understand, I'm not sure this is confirmed or if this is just a delusion of the old man. I think both are possible.
>All that really matters is having a positive attitude because everything else is out of your control
That's how I took the "dancing" ending too.

>>84868525
>Maybe she was just jealous that he was happy and odd while she was a normie who kept sabotaging her relationships
Her mother was definitely a trainwreck so it might be it.

>>84868645
If you were raised together I can understand them. But if you met her at the age of Nemo and knew her before even your parents started dating together, maybe they wouldn't be so freaked out ?
>>
>>84868615
>white women age like milk
>not realistic
>>
>>84869142

Honestly they didn't need to switch actresses for Juno's character progression.

Just doll her up as LoliAnna and give her a normal hairstyle/clothing for AdultAnna.
>>
File: 1456355276089.png (665KB, 600x798px) Image search: [Google]
1456355276089.png
665KB, 600x798px
>>84867876
>For unexplained reasons the main character can remember other versions of his life from billions/trillions of years past.

They explain that in the beginning when God created the soul and form of man that they were all knowing. Before every soul is born, his angels of oblivion touched the philtrum of all the new souls that were about to become born, and when they placed their fingers upon the lips of these souls, they forgot everything. But Nemo was skipped for some reason or another.

>Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5MLaabdxvY

Nemo's lived through every possibility of his life. What were seeing is just some of the choices he's made in his different incarnations.
>>
>>84866866
Blatant ripoff of Toto the Hero.
>>
>>84869500
Well it's the same guy behind the two movies. Guess he wanted to expand on the theme.
>>
File: 1415282520272.gif (891KB, 325x252px) Image search: [Google]
1415282520272.gif
891KB, 325x252px
>>84866866
>step-siblings
>wincest
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.