[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stranger Things had potential, but went to the shitter. What happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

Stranger Things had potential, but went to the shitter. What happened?
>>
They shouldn't have shown the "other place"
>>
>>84864647

PUNCH NAZI'S IN THE FACE
>>
>>84864647
Lack of talent, lack of self control, complete reliance on cliches, zero sincerity.
>>
Even as a fan, that speech David H. gave was cringey as shit. The only entertaining part of that was Winona spacing out.

I personally thought the series was great but I tend to romanticise the 80s so there might be some bias on my end.

But I can see why some people may not like the series. Some felt that there were too many plot holes, it wasn't original enough, cliches, didn't care about the characters, etc, etc, etc.
>>
the last couple episodes were weak as fuck. it could have been great if they had just tied the series up in to a nice and tight single season
>>
>>84864647
What are you talking about? Stranger Things was close to great TV. Maybe not all the way there but it was close.

The "upside-down" was a neato thing and the monster was at least kind of original. Kids aren't known to be super great actors since, you know, they're kids but the child actors in Stranger Things did well enough. Most of the time. I guess.

Com'on, there's no way you can't deal me a crazy lady and a sheriff going in after the thing into the weirdo bizzaro place wasn't dope.
>>
>>84867962
Yeah I don't get the "Stranger Things sucks" meme except that it is the inevitable /tv/ contrarianism preemptively poised in response to mispercieved redditness.

Some things are just pretty good, or decent, and are predictably popular for it. Big deal.
>>
>>84867481
>that speech David H. gave was cringey as shit
it was a cross between the Team America F.A.G. speech and the Dave Chappelle bit where he makes fun of Howard Dean

>Winona spacing out
she's so hot and barely ages. Her acting in Stranger Things was laughable tho.

I didn't like anything about this show. It didn't feel like the 80's. They didn't dress like people did in the 80's. They didn't talk like people did in the 80's.
>>
>>84864647
Absolutely nothing and I want to tenderly ravage Natalia Dyer
>>
Watching again right now, 1st episode, so amazing... magical show
>>
>>84867962
Great post, I agree with you almost entirely, I think the child actors were all really good all the time, I don't remember a time I found them shitty. But one thing,

>Com'on
it's c'mon.
>>
Each episode gets progressively worse.
>>
>>84865312
>Nazis gud bois
>>
>>84864647
>Stranger Things had potential
>a bunch of outsider kids doing stupid things like playing D&D while having a freak female friend, plus some high achool drama in a small American town, plus the government as the bad guy
>potential
>>
>>84867481
I tend to romanticise the 80s too, but not none of that shit from Stranger Things
>>
>>84868086
It's because it's not a show about the 80s, it's a show about 80s movies and pop culture. No wonder a lot of people passed on it.
>>
>>84871128
i don't know that many people passed on it. As far as I know most people watched it and bought into the hype that it was a good show.

>>84868693
this
>>
>>84864647
They didn't give based Froggo enough screen time
>>
>>84870568
It sounds to me like you're only pissed about the government being the bad guy but you were scared to say that so you padded your opinion with a bunch of bullshit
>>
>>84871296
Maybe that. The other things just annoy me because they are cliches
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.