[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone who has given The Man from UNCLE a chance has ended

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: sM6KRdy.jpg (297KB, 1383x2048px) Image search: [Google]
sM6KRdy.jpg
297KB, 1383x2048px
Everyone who has given The Man from UNCLE a chance has ended up loving it.

Cult classic alert?
>>
I't s a shitty film with shitty jokes for millenials who don't know anything about communism.
>>
>>84861998
?
>>
Yes it is. But we had this exact thread last night.
>>
saw this without knowing anything about it, was pleasantly surprised, sequel when?
>>
>>84861949
I rooted the whole movie for the russian guy.
>>
>everyone

LITERALLY haha
>>
>>84862378
They started working on a script this year, so maybe not for a few years but I bet it will happen.
>>
>>84862384
>rooting for the protagonist
Good job.
(That said, he was a very likable character.)
>>
>>84861998
>t. communist
>>
>>84863718
Isn't it ironic that Trump supporters praise Russia but then turn around and spurn communism, when Russia is one of the leading proponents of communism?
>>
>>84863785
>Russia
>still communist
lol moron
>>
>>84862358
I gotta know, how fucking often do you browse this board that you recognize threads from a whole day ago? Don't you have anything better to do?
>>
>>84861949
It's a damn underrated masterpiece.

Funny seeing as that year was like the revival of the Spy movie.

>Spy
Parodied
>Kingsman
Tribute
>UNCLE
Played straight

And of course Spectre happened but no one fucking cares about Spectre.
>>
>>84863785
As a trump supporter, I don't care for Russia at all, or any other country for that matter. Seems like you guys are the only ones obsessed with Russia.
>>
>>84863867
right now I'm in between work. I do construction, so it's an issue of my boss not having a place for me at a job site yet. So right now no I don't have anything better to do.
>>
>>84862320
American and Russian spy together and the best they can come up with are equipment jokes and that a Russian architect built a set of stairs in Italy?

>>84863718
I'm from a post-comm country, so what
>>
>>84864596
At the time there was no real reason to hate Russia so they kept it lighthearted.
>>
>>84861949
Cavill couldn't act for shit in the movie and most of the action scenes were filmed from weird angles, especially at the end where the Russian guy crashed on his motorcycle. I couldn't tell who was doing what half the time.
>>
>>84861949
Vikander is cute shame about her body tho
>>
>>84864924
That's just Guy Ritchie's style. It's difficult for amateurs.
>>
>>84864804
>kept it lighthearted

They kept it boring and banterless. As >>84864924 said, Cavill can't act. Then there is the choice of villains. Nazies? That might've worked in the 60s but they've been done to death today.
>>
>>84865054
THE MOVIE WAS LITERALLY SET IN THE SIXTIES YOU DIPSHIT, WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU EXPECT?
>>
>>84861949
fuck yes this movie is so much fun
>>
>>84863785
really haven't met one trump support who loves or even praises Russian, are your sure your not talking about Bernie supporters?
>>
>>84865054
>>84864924
disagree, Cavill was charming as fuck
>>
>>84863939
>And of course Spectre happened but no one fucking cares about Spectre.
had the same premise as the last mission impossible film
>>
>>84861949

>from the director of SHERLOCK HOLMES and SNATCH

Thanks for the warning.
>>
>>84867058
once i watch this i wondered why no one has asked why he isnt up for bond other than the fact hes american
>>
>>84867130
...He's actually not American, dude. Look it up.
>>
>>84861949
honestly i liked it a lot. I feel like the music is overlooked by most people but i think it really bumped the movie from meh to good. link related just a sample from the chase scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUrbIU85I8E
>>
>>84861949
it was just okay, but decently funny
>>
>>84867244
Interesting tidbit about the movie: Ennio Morricone composed a track for it. So imagine my surprise when it turned out to be one of the shittiest songs on the soundtrack and not any of the awesome spaghetti western ones like the one you linked.
>>
>>84867326
Ennio Morricone has written a lot of music. The dude lost count and it's estimated at over 500 scores.

Some of them, even ones as recent as 2000 are super shit. Not a whole lot but it's definitely a mixed bag with Morricone.
>>
>>84862605
Sauce? I thought this bombed and sequel never.
>>
It was much better than the last James Bond movie
>>
>>84867216
oh ok though he was my bad
the he should play James bond
he did play a american and a kyptonian
>>
>>84861949
It's one of those movies where the sequel has potential to be a blockbuster and then everyone will pretend they liked it from the first one out.
>>
>>84867438
It did but Wigram is really well-liked in Hollywood so he could say "fuck it" and do it anyway.

http://www.cbr.com/man-from-uncle-sequel/
>>
>>84867584
Has this ever actually happened? What movie failed but was greenlit for a sequel anyway and achieved success?
>>
>>84867654
Thanks.
I hope it really happens.
>>
Henry is my husbando
>>
Are Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer the two sexiest men in Hollywood?
>>
>>84867682
now you see me? i thought that bombed it was terrible and they did a terrible sequal!
>>
>>84861949
hated it because it was nothing like teh original series
>>
>>84868069
Caught an episode of the original series on TV the other day and it was SO. BORING.
>>
>WAAAAAH THE MOVIE WASN'T A DOCUMENTARY ON THE HORROR OF COMMUNISM!!!!!!
these people are mentally ill
>>
Am I the only one who thinks UNCLE is a terrible fucking acronym?
>>
waifu
>>
>>84868228
How's that for entertainment?
>>
>>84868162
It was meant to be able to refer to both "Uncle Sam" and "United Nations." It's a backronym so they didn't decide what it stood for until later.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.