[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the point of this show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

what's the point of this show?
>>
>>84861612
fpbp
>>
>>84861597
Popular shows tend to get spinoffs.
>>
>>84861646
>>84861612
last time I saw the walking dead they had no money for basic cgi, how do they made a spinoff for 3 seasons?
>>
>>84861663
That's how they make money, there's no budget and just advertising and hype.
>>
>People like this and it's making us money
>Let's make even more of it
>Find some writers and tell them to make more of it
Just product. Might as well be Big Macs.
>>
>>84861597
to show what the world looked like as it was transforming into the apocalypse depicted in the walking dead
>>
>>84861904
/thread
>>
if u want soem entertainment

go watch the first 3 episodes

then skip the summaries of the rest of s1 and s2 and watch s3, s3 is better tahn anything TWD has had in ages
>>
>>84861597
>what's the point of this show?

To make money by tricking people into watching a poor mans TWD.
>>
>>84861904
>to show what the world looked like as it was transforming into the apocalypse depicted in the walking dead

Well, if that was the case why did they skip over it after the 3rd episode?
>>
>>84863634
FTWD > TWD
>>
>>84863956

Not after the 3rd episode it wasn't. Only difference at this point was that one is more diverse and in Mexico. So if just having darker people is all you need to give it the edge, that's your deal.
>>
>smearing yourself in zombie guts makes you effectively invisible
>this is shown multiple times to work in the show

Let's be honest, the concept of TWD only works because characters magically forget about this. In the real world, smearing yourself in zombie guts would be as standard as a shower is for us.
>>
Hi
>>
>>84863662
Wtf is this true? The show just turns into drama zombie glam?
>>
>>84863662
Exactly. I finished the first season and immediately felt angry they dive right in. I really thought they'd do more build up. Focus on the first six months to a year of what happens and slowly lean into shit hitting the fan. Absolute chaos immediately is definitely shit hits the fan but you can still plan a story arc that does fill in how badly the government and military failed to contain it.

I guess lack of budget limits the writing direction
>>
>>84864160
It just does what the Walking dead does. Skips right over how the zombies got into the majority.

It starts teasing it, shows them at the hospitals and mixing in with a riot, main cast settle down at home and the episode ends.

Cue episode 4, 2 weeks later, and society is fucked and the cities are lost, zombies have overrun everything and it's got the military in a safe zone.

They fucked it all up, skip right over the actual apocalypse and go right to post.
>>
>>84864273

Really some small knit family bullshit was the wrong way to approach.

If anything, it should have looked like Contagion, but with zombies, have it being how the CDC and the government is seeing things, with maybe like one little side story for how the layman is reacting, but have 90% of it be the guys seeing the overall picture and showing how it all went down.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.