[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Mary Sue syndrome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: JL_Wonder_Woman.jpg (162KB, 628x860px) Image search: [Google]
JL_Wonder_Woman.jpg
162KB, 628x860px
Why does Hollywood feel the need to make female heroines seem perfect in every single way?
>>
>>84854677
What kind of character depth do you expect out of a toy commercial?
>>
>>84854677
Pic unrelated?
>>
>>84854677
Because she's a qt

thank god they didn't cast Daddario, you actually need to know how to ACT to play WW
>>
>Mary sue
Wtf are you talking about? They made her dumber than ever, she was childish, naive and possibly autistic.
>>
>>84854677
how was she a mary sue?
>get btfo by germans in first encounter
>men are disgusted how she , a woman, shows up in the meeting
>doesnt know what anything is
>crew has to warm up to her
>she also gets btfo by luddendorf at the start
>also gets utterly BTFO by ares
>with the help of steves sacrifice, she kills Ares finally
not a mary sue
>>
>>84854677
Because if she's a person in any way, the producers and director hates women. If she does something bad, they're saying all women on earth are like that. She has to be this bizarre badass, without an ounce of joy or soul.
>>
>>84854677
Pretty much all the superheroes fall into that category, male or female. All the so-called "flaws" they have are just there to make them MORE appealing.
>>
>>84854677
They do the same with heroes too.
>>
>>84856434
>All the so-called "flaws" they have are just there to make them MORE appealing.
A character being likeable or appealing doesn't mean it's a Mary Sue.

OP is just a butthurt crybaby that can't deal with a female power fantasy.
>>
>>84856337
A BABY!
Too qt
>>
>>84856337

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8S9Jr-GGCY

She's not a Mary Sue, she's shown to be wrong and that she needs to learn new things several times in the movie and in the final fight she gets so hurt by Ares that she almost blacks out. She's a great, well-rounded character.

If you want to see a female character closer to that of a Mary Sue, look at Rey from TFA.
>>
>>84857237
>If you want to see a female character closer to that of a Mary Sue, look at Rey from TFA.
The only reason why I'm not 100% sure that she's a mary sue is because of the Reincarnation theory.
>>
>>84857297

I'm waiting to see how TLJ develops her character and how she interacts with Luke before I make a firm decision (though I'm still going to watch the trilogy to completion either way). My feeling is that in the rush to capitalize on making the protagonist a woman, the writers went too far with how powerful and self-sufficient Rey was and because of that, TLJ is going to have to pull some flaw out of thin air to give her a challenge. I have the feeling that Rey defeating Kylo Ren in TFA was overall a narrative mistake. In-universe it makes sense, but from a story telling point of view, I'm really interested to see if it works.
>>
File: gal.jpg (50KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
gal.jpg
50KB, 1100x733px
is this a Gal thread in disguise?
cause I'd be perfectly fine with that
>>
>>84856266
fpbp
>>
File: A BABY!.webm (3MB, 800x332px) Image search: [Google]
A BABY!.webm
3MB, 800x332px
>>84854677
She's a god but not a Mary Sue.
Also a qt3.14.
>>
>>84858615

A feeling? Of course it was a mistake, you don't have to coach your criticism in qualitative language, it was a rote, by numbers committee movie using the OT as a frame but they lost details along the way that made it work.

They adhered strictly to Monomyth story structure narratively speaking in the OT. Infact they probably laid best groundwork for it, details in areas that could be fixed notwithstanding.

The new ones are going to be a well made retread that everyone is going to suck down and you're going to be making same half assed excusing for their shitty narrative development after 8 is out.
>>
>>84854677
You're too young to understand what Mary Sue means, boy.
>>
jews a shit
>>
because it's SEXIST otherwise
>>
>>84856266
fpbp
>>
>>84856392
>get btfo by germans in first encounter
Nope. Some of the other Amazons die at first wave, but Diana is perfect the entire fight
>men are disgusted how she , a woman, shows up in the meeting
That was Parliament, which women were not allowed at the time. They gush over her next scene after the meeting
>doesnt know what anything is
She didn't know what ice cream was, she seems well informed on just about everything else
>crew has to warm up to her
Which is 2 seconds after meeting her, doesn't mean anything, Even Han Solo yelled at Rey for half a second at first meet before wanting her to crew up
Ha ha, no.
See previous
>with the help of steves sacrifice, she kills Ares finally
Steve's death meant nothing and you know it in connection to Ares. The lab factory has the same shit as the plane and we blow it up on the ground in a minute flat with no concerns.
>>
>>84854677
I'm pretty sure Superman is a mary sue.
His only flaw is that he helps people too much and that causes problems.
>>
>>84861707

She was injured in the beach fight, and she failed to save the amazon that was killed, it could be portrayed by helping steve that she brought death to the amazons as well.

She clearly fails when she kills the general and thinks that will stop the war. She even accuses steve of being influenced when he was shown constantly trying to save lives and is proven wrong, and that she is being naive.

Steve is more of an actual hero in the wonder woman movie than wonder woman is and I hate TFA so my bias should be obvious but I can honestly say while not thinking WW is the next coming and generally hate 'Dchads' that Wonder woman was absolutely not a mary sue.

Her own movie made her look dumb. And she clearly failed against because WW2 happened and she didn't do shit.
>>
>>84861781

He murdered someone going against a long standing tradition of not killing people, narratively speaking. He is not a mary sue, in fact his characterization is just bad, my purveying friend of flying dicks.
>>
>>84854677
>perfect
idk i just see a kike
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.