[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This series wasn't very good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 12

This series wasn't very good.
>>
agree
>>
>>84852811
you liked it
>>
>>84852811
The games were overrated too
>>
>>84852886
i didn't get past the opening credits
>>
DUDE FUCK CHRISTIANITY LMAO
>>
>>84852811
I enjoyed it and was happy to hear they're greenlighting Season 2
>>
>>84852919
if you love it so much why don't you just marry it?
>>
File: 2359-2023677491.jpg (118KB, 471x600px) Image search: [Google]
2359-2023677491.jpg
118KB, 471x600px
>>84852927
PERHAPS THE SAME CAN BE SAID OF ALL RELIGIONS.
>>
>>84852927
Ohhhhhh so /tv/ hates it for the same reason they hate rick and morty. Which is no reason
>>
>first season is onlt 4 25 minute episodes
>each episode will pretty much just end abruptly so really its just like one or two episodes cut into 4 peices
i didnt hate ot or anything bit cant they do better?
i dont know why they restrict themselves to 25 minutes, it seems like theyll run into pacing issues like samurai jack did because they simply dont have enough screen time to make a satisfying episode
>>
>>84852927
>there isn't even an anti-Christianity message in this
Why are Christcucks so easily triggered?
>>
>>84853260

40 minute animated programming is kind of unheard of
>>
>>84852978
>Jeff and everyone else laughs histerically

Good moments. First season and some of the second was the best. Everything else is just crap.
>>
I fucking love how they made Dracula a kind of Man of Science. His Castle is a time travelling machine, his minions are genetic experimentations. Holy shit, this was awesome. It doesn't help explain the magic of that hot Speaker, but still interesting.

Also, Dracula was fucking blind by love to let Lisa walk among dumb peasants at risk of being burn by witchcraft.

Anyway, I think his revenge is somewhat more sympathetic now.
>>
>>84853268
they live in a bubble and the internet breeds cultish behavior therefore anything they see that doesn't explicitly support and condone their core beliefs and values is an attack on their way of life and they see themselves as victims against "evil society's oppressive views"
>>
>>84853717
that speakers voice
hnngngggnmgnng
I liked how they actually gave Dracula a more serious story, I thought they were just going to do a standerd super good guy vs super bad guy. At least I can relate to Dracula.

So far my only problem is that the main characters are a little generic.
>>
>>84853268
Good question. They make fun of everyone for being so easily offended and then they get angry at a show that says God is real. Christcucks are truly the worst.
>>
>>84852811
it was too short
>>
>>84853859
hahahaha
>No U
>>
way too short, but liked how they made Dracula interesting.

Alucard looks like every generic edgy anime character tho'
>>
>>84852979
nah, theres a made up foreign religion based on "knowledge" in this and its exclusively portrayed as positive while christianity is portrayed as exclusively evil.
>>
>>84852811
Definitely one of the better Netflix shows. Thats not saying much, but it was pretty good.
>>
>>84852927
but in the 4th episode Trevor called for a "real ordained priest" of the church who helped them defeat the demons?
>>
i've never really been into the vampire genre or anime for that matter but i really liked it.

the only negative that stood out was the animation seemed a bit "slow" at times or something
>>
File: 1499324598518.png (181KB, 500x552px) Image search: [Google]
1499324598518.png
181KB, 500x552px
>>84854523
Everyone seems to forget this for some reason.
>>
>>84853870
>main characters are a little generic.

I think that applies mostly to Alucard. His fight with Belmont was so cringeworthy. Why you don't just say that you are Dracula's boy and powerful as fuck, but still need a team to defeat your own father? Instead of that they fight each other just so Alucard could find out is they are "fit for the prophecy". This was the stupid thing of the show.

>super good guy vs super bad guy.

I'm afraid that it might turn out like this if Netflix doesn't maintain the effort, but I have faith. Maybe. IDK
>>
>>84853717
This has always been the case if you're familiar with the games. The artifacts that gave the man who would become known as Dracula his powers were alchemical devices that paralleled the forbidden fruit of knowledge. There's a reason the penultimate stage is usually a clock tower.
>>
>>84854629
It is either black or white. Just a few can see the shades.
>>
looked and felt cheap as hell
>>
>>84854740
I played Dracula's Curse and SOTN on Playstation, but never actually understand most of the story given that I was young and not a native speaker.

Good to know, tho. Thank you. I think I'm going to dive in the story to learn more.
>>
>>84854844
>Dracula's Curse

On a NES, actually and it was Castlevania.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOTUVXrAOE8
>>
>>84854804
Really? The animation was pretty clearly high-budget
>>
>>84854246

Insults the true faith because he's an ignorant dumb fuck.

Castlevania originally had Christians as the good guys, gets made into a TV show on leftwing propaganda flix and suddenly they become the bad guys.

There is a difference between putting something in a show and actively trying to insult it. See I called this poster a dumb fuck who probably sits at home on his own wanking to all those women who don't see the value in his "enlightened" views.

By there own stupid logic they can't say anything back or they will be butthurt.

If Christians have any problems it's that they don't fight back enough these day's.
>>
>>84853717
It's not science in our sense. It's a magical-science-alchemy amalgam. Highly fantasized.
>>
>>84853296
unheard of these days, one of the more common OVA releases was four 45 minute episodes
>>
>>84854394
GLOW> castlevania
>>
>>84854629
No one made it episode 4 as episode 1 was so bad
>>
File: Castlevania Night Cut.jpg (174KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania Night Cut.jpg
174KB, 960x540px
>>84852811
I'm gonna shill my recut and hopefully get some feedback for the final cut.

https://www.flashx.tv/v5uwe1gcie3s.html
>>
>>84855210
Yes, that's why I've said "kind of". Still, it makes more grounded. I like these details.
>>
>>84854696
>I think that applies mostly to Alucard. His fight with Belmont was so cringeworthy. Why you don't just say that you are Dracula's boy and powerful as fuck, but still need a team to defeat your own father? Instead of that they fight each other just so Alucard could find out is they are "fit for the prophecy". This was the stupid thing of the show.
Because he wanted to rough house with his gay love interest. When he saw Trevor his heart skipped a beat. This is Warren Ellis, you fucking KNOW he will shoehorn in some gay shit like he does in all the comics he writes.
>>
>>84852927
It's a pretty historically accurate portrayal desu. The whole denomination idiocy was supposedly born from people being tired of all the corruption in the church, too. Hell, even the anti-knowledge sentiment isn't the show's creators trying to be "edgy" by any means.
>>
>>84854696
I get the feeling that was added in just for people to get their action fix. Four episodes a season and no real action? They had to throw in some half-assed fight in there somewhere just to tell people to stick around for season two.
>>
>>84855714
I thought so to, but it doesn't make the whole thing any less stupid.

The fight was kino, indeed. Belmont's control of Vampire Killer is superb. Also, see Alucard using flash dash was nice.
>>
>>84852927

>catholic church fucks everything up as usual in the middle ages

>DUDE DEI HATE JAYSUS LMAO
>>
>>84855672
>Transylvania
>catholic
>>
File: varg7.jpg (58KB, 373x675px) Image search: [Google]
varg7.jpg
58KB, 373x675px
>>84855177
Except the bad Christians were the archbishop trying to take control of wallachia and a few priests, not the church itself.

The decent priest at the end creates holy water, the demons that kill the archbishop speak of how God doesn't love unconditional, especially the bishop's selfish actions.

It also implies God is real.

Stop being such a whiny faggot, it almost becomes the opposite of what you're whining about at the above reveals.
>>
>British writer
>hates Christianity
Shocker
>>
File: dumbass.png (119KB, 640x414px) Image search: [Google]
dumbass.png
119KB, 640x414px
>>84852927
DUDE I HAVE NEVER PLAYED CASTLEVANIA LMAO
>>
>>84852927
>the demons acknowledge the existence of God and Hell
>an ordained priest of the church makes holy water which is used to kill demons

Seems pretty pro-Christianity desu
>>
>>84852927

T. retard
>>
>>84856462
Grasping at: /straws/
>>
>>84856011
Some suspension of disbelief is expected in a show about vampires. Even if it's a fictional religion, it's a pretty obvious stand-in for Christianity at the time. The Speakers were no doubt analogous to Gypsies as well.
>>
>>84853260
It was originally supposed to be an animated movie that started development over 10 years ago but they didn't actually start animating it until recently because no one wanted to distribute it
>>
>>84855210
The clock tower is like, the second stage in Dracula's Curse
>>
>>84853268
It isn't christfags, it's anon's from /v/ pretending to be triggered christfags so they can have a reason to hate it
>>
>>84853260
Next season will have eight episodes.
>>
>>84852979
>WHAT IS A MAN?
If that line isnt in this show, its shit
>>
File: 1499489854801.jpg (32KB, 230x249px) Image search: [Google]
1499489854801.jpg
32KB, 230x249px
>>84853859
What is this description of gays and trannies doing here?
>>
>>84854952
>2 fps
>high budget

Hahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>84858531
Thank God isn't. That's an iconic, but bad line.
>>
It was alright, not vampire d bloodlust level of course.
>>
>>84858119
>reasons to hate it
>its not very good
>>
>>84854629
Because these ADD riddled teens couldn't watch 4 25 minute episodes.
>>
>>84854952
It most definitely is. I spotted some CG, but only because I was actively looking for it, and even then, it wasn't jarringly bad like the Japanese do it. It looked pretty damn nice, and I was really worried it'd be some cheap looking piece of shit Western not-anime.
>>
>>84859226
>I spotted some CG

Where? I was told there was in it, but didn't notice it.
>>
>>84856274
They went 3 whole episodes talking about the church not the bishop
>>
>>84859288
I'm not sure either, the part when the metal structure falls and Trevor and Sypha fall into the hole looked off but idk if that's CG
>>
>>84856320
>priests appear there
>there's no mention of the church organising the execution.
Yeah you played the game alright.
>>
>>84859288
Here and there, not a lot. A couple scenes in the (underground?) Clock Tower had it, and I remember spotting some in whichever episode had the city being massacred. There were a couple scenes where the animation was also way too fluid to be completely hand-drawn, like this one scene where there were some flying crows, but that could have just been rotoscoping.

I'm definitely not saying this is bad, though.
>>
>>84859502
Who cares, they're still there
>>
Episode one was clearly the only worthwhile one there.
>Bad voice acting
>unfitting music
>becomes Sausage Party in the swearing department
Netflix better not fuck up the Dark Crystal.
>>
>>84859900
People really overreact about the swearing
>>
>>84860017
It's really forced, it excels in sounding unnatural
>>
>>84859082
Have you ever been to /v/? that's not enough for them
>>
>>84859659
This is funny you atheists like to bring every little detail into the discussion but when it's done to you you brush it off.
>>
>>84860255
Most witch trials were done with the support of the populace

What that scene is depicting is a lynching. And the church was totally down with lynching of witches.
>>
>It's a /v/ gets to talk about their dumbshit on /tv/
great.
>>
>>84852927
One church does not equal all of Christendom, you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>84852927
Are you trying to imply Christians weren't notoriously hostile to non-Christians?
>>
>>84860255
It was the 15th century negro, was it unlike the church to execute you if you're considered a witch? There are priests in the nightmare so it's easy to assume the church was responsible for the execution.
>>
>>84852927
How can four fucking words about religion on an anime can trigger so many responses is beyond my mind, but OTOH I don't spend a lot of time here.
>>
>>84860483
Yes it was you faggot.It's not easy unless you have a pre conceived notion of the era wich it's what's happening here.
>>
>>84852811
DUDE SWEAR WORDS LMAO

DUDE TESTICLES LAMO!!!!!

DUDE I'M FUCKING A FUCKING BELMONT MOTHERFUCKER LMAO

DUDE POUR ME ANOTHER SWEET SWEET BREWSKI BAR KEEP LMAO 420 SIP IT
>>
why
>>
>>84860598
are you ok
>>
>>84860598
>/r/funnylads trying hard to be /r/madlads and not being any of both

Just stop. Here's your reply.
>>
>>84860248
/v/ here, we don't give a fuck
>>
>>84852811
The chruch villains were so comical it ruined the show

>it doesnt matter that Dracula chimped out the first time his wife died and vowed to fight God

>Lisa dindu nuffin. She just decided to marry a man who swore vengeance against God and his people
>>
>>84860774
Dude, Dracula is just chillin' out. He's not creating monster or anything, just reacting to the people that tries to kill him. He is a demi-god there that isn't harming anyone.

THEN Lisa appear to give him some pussy while learning some shit because she's smart and believe in us as a species and start to restore his faith in humanity as an advanced civilization capable of great deeds through science and engineering and what the fuck they have in their world, but then that ambitious priest who wants to become pope kills her with his crusade to gain popular support and makes the huge mistake of poke a lion that he thought was dormant.
>>
>>84852811
no shit it was written by a comicbook writer
this is borderline capeshit, especially considering the humans characters could easily fit in some shitty dc/marvel comic
>>
>>84861075
Its not surprising they did. Mathias literally became Dracula to get revenge against God. She married a demon, people act so shocked they killed her

You are defending flat characters and shitty writing because you dont care about perspective.

The church is so comically villainous amd has no depth
>>
It's not exactly the religion's fault as faith as it is the institution per se. Even that priest said that some members of the church were too interested in learning "forbidden practices".

I think one of the core themes of this season is that herd mentality can drive us high as much as down.

Pay attention to how Belmont shifts the crowd's perspective as he points the manner of the guy with the knife. Everyone suddenly flocks to his side and start to follow his strategy to defeat those demons.
>>
>>84861249
ok

it is a castlevania tv show
>>
Guys, holy shit, it's perfectly okay to be critical of 15th century religion. Like there's not much to defend about a church that burns people alive.

is it really that edgy/atheist to say "hey guys religion did some pretty fucked up stuff back then"
>>
>>84861275
Exactly this.

The fact that the one priest could make holy water supports this.
>>
>>84861275
that's just bad writing
>>
>>84861565
hows that
>>
>>84852927
Man you snowflakes really get triggered about your dumb religion
>>
>>84860466
they really weren't.
The Church went after heretical christians not non-christians generally
>>
>>84854696
>I'm afraid that it might turn out like this if Netflix doesn't maintain the effort, but I have faith. Maybe. IDK
My thoughts exactly
>>
>>84861479
>hating on the Church founded by Christ
okay you Jew.
>>
>>84861786
>DUDE NEVER MOCK ATHEISTS XD
>>
>>84852927
Christianity wasn't evil, the individual priests were. The demons even called them out on it. They were following a twisted version that god himself didn't support. You can't say that the show is portraying christians as evil, because god didn't recognise them as true christians.
>>
>>84861899
They probably didn't even watch it anon
>>
>>84861792
But since you couldn't opt out of Christianity this basically included everyone. I guarantee declaring myself an atheist wouldn't get me a free pass from the church.

And what is "heresy" is largely up to individual parishioners. They didn't have the pope on speed-dial.
>>
>>84855177
real christians are the first one to point put corruption within the church, fuck off
this holier than thou attitude is what led to the pedo coverups and why the church is just regarded as a bunch of kiddie fuckers nowadays, if they just outed and excommunicated the pedophiles right away they would have saved face
>>
>>84861899
This, God would rather have a demon lord slaughter people and innocents than help the church because they are all evil and worse than demons
>>
>>84861479
You'll never see a movie about all the bad shit Jews did though
>>
the demons eating the bishop scene was pure kino
>>
File: The-Passion-Of-The-Christ.jpg (873KB, 2500x1600px) Image search: [Google]
The-Passion-Of-The-Christ.jpg
873KB, 2500x1600px
>>84862074
>>
>>84861249
>Mathias literally became Dracula to get revenge against God.

Yes, but Dracula said that "they killed the only true love that I ever knew". I don't think we can tie that to Lament of Innocence. They made a few changes, clearly.
>>
>I BELIEVE IN SCIENCE!
>>
>>84861899
muh no true christian. Its the systems fault for allowing such corruption.
>>
>>84858817
T. Someone who never animated before
>>
>>84862074
>>84861868

oh, jewish shit. i see, /pol/posters
>>
>>84861792
lmao what
>>
Friendly reminder that /tv/ is a Christian board.

God bless, anons.
>>
>tfw you can't properly discuss the show because it always devolves into /pol/ shit
to be fair though, it's not like we really had much to discuss in the first place, since we only got 4 episodes
>>
>>84862184
Literally a 3d animator. Castlememeia had fair quality art but not much in the means of animations.
Sorry, animate-let
>>
Epiode 4 started great as fuck with that "empty box" scene.

"Lies? In your house of god?"

Shit was really good but the rest of the ep was horrendous. I like how those tactics ignore that the demons fly and have highly explosive and fast projectiles. Voice acting and animation is shit across the board too. They really need to try again.
>>
>>84862261
Honestly, I think it was kind of underwhelming and didnt give much to talk about.
>>
>>84852927
>DUDE FUCK CHRISTIANITY LMAO

Except that's wrong, retard. Watch the entire thing.
>>
>>84862107
that aint even 1/1000th of the bad shit jews have done
>>
>>84862208
Well he does have a point. How many movies really have a Jewish villain?

Really, try and name some.
>>
File: 1489691603406.png (82KB, 259x245px) Image search: [Google]
1489691603406.png
82KB, 259x245px
>>84862562
>killing the son of God is only 1/1000th of Jewish crimes
they really are evil
>>
>>84853268
It's not even just christcucks. It's just a boring trope. Evil church, witch trials, corruption a, and 1.5 dimensional characters. It's hack shit.
>>
>>84862581
Magneto from X-men, Lucky Number Slevin, Ron Silver from Timecop, the gangsters from Bugsy, Hyman Roth in the Godfather II, Max from Once Upon a Time in America etc
>>
>>84862704
Hahaha oh shit
>>
>>84862234
back to /pol/ christcuck
>>
>>84862783
Accept Him into your heart and let go of your fears.
God bless
>>
>>84852927
It's an accurate portrayal of the medieval Catholic church, whose corruption is the reason why the protestants split off
>>
I hope one day people will stop associating based Vlad, who did what he had to do to protect him country, with an evil vampire.
>>
>>84862704
>Magneto from X-men, Lucky Number Slevin, Ron Silver from Timecop
Alright, let's not count capeshit
>the gangsters from Bugsy, Hyman Roth in the Godfather II, Max from Once Upon a Time in America etc
I'll give you those, though their Jewishness was entirely incidental in those cases and there is no attention called to it.
>>
>>84859024
F A G
>>
>>84862856
he's fucking dead who cares?
>>
>>84863102
Me.
>>
>>84863102
it's like the only famous romanian hero
>>
>>84863418
well now you get a tragic batman too!
>>
At least it's better than that terrible IDW comic
>>
File: bloodlust.jpg (93KB, 851x688px) Image search: [Google]
bloodlust.jpg
93KB, 851x688px
>>84859064
you cant compare hand drawn anime with modern computer drawn
hand drawn always win sadly computer is more cheaper and everyone do it :(
>>
>>84862581

Ron Perlman in Drive was a Jewish mobster, I think. There was a scene where the he was bitching that the other mobsters kept calling him a kike or something
>>
DUDE CATHOLICS ARE EVIL
>>
>>84852927
It is accurate of the game, but I wish that it actually showed a bunch of dead T*rk roaches on pikes instead of just naked bodies.
>>
>>84854394
Bojack Horseman was better.
>>
>Tribute!?! You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!
>Perhaps the same could be said of all religions...
>Your words are as empty as your soul! Mankind ill needs a savior such as you!
>What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>84855672
>>84855976
>>84860466
>>84862846
>>84861479
>it's a fedora fags think the middle ages looked exactly like some fedora fags edgy video game fanfiction episode

You retards realize that the church actually sponsored most of the science until the French Revolution and the Inquisition actually stopped random witch burnings, right?

Most of the corruption charges were made up by protestants and Dutch merchants (as well as actual "merchants") after the fact.
>>
>>84866383
vidya kino at its finest
>>
>>84854740
>Dracula his powers were alchemical devices that paralleled the forbidden fruit of knowledge.

This is the most fedora interpretation I've ever read.
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.