[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did /tv/ praise this garbage? Why did you make me fall for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: TYP.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TYP.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
Why did /tv/ praise this garbage? Why did you make me fall for the kino meme again?

>le praying and curing a sterile couple
>le praying and killing an evil nun

Its the inverse of rick and morty

>DUDE GOD IS REAL LMAO

This has been a pretty boring show, only the 9th episode I would considered kino, the cinematography of the other episodes doesn't make up for the complete lack of action

Face it you dumb fucking niggers, the holy kino trinity is Sopranos, Deadwood and Rome, this show has no place among the greats
>>
>>84850116
You used "kino" three times in your post. Kill yourself three times.
>>
>>84850116
>he didn't get it
>>
>>84850116
t. american
>>
>>84850116
>He doesn't believe in objective truth and God.
>>
>>84850116
jesus christ OP
>>
>>84850116
t. ameriburguer
>>
where can I watch this with subtitles?
>>
File: 1473799299101.png (5KB, 306x290px) Image search: [Google]
1473799299101.png
5KB, 306x290px
PLEB filtered
>>
>>84851287
the HD scene releases have soft subs for english and hard subs for all non-english dialog
>>
>>84850116
Are you implying God isn't real?
>>
>>84850116
>DUDE GOD IS REAL LMAO
God is/isn't equally as real as Lenny's parents.

Also even if it were just a simplistic Christian propaganda it still deserves recognition for being the perfect bait and switch, since plebs such as OP came in expecting House of Cards with cassocks.
>>
>>84850116
only americans with short attention spans can't appreciate the young pope. reading american reviews of it is hilarious. paolo sorrentino is one of the few modern day auteurs (not a tv director btw) and i implore you to check out his other films. la grande bellezza was unlike anything i've seen before.
>>
>>84850116
I have seen Deadwood (fucking loved it, season 3 a little less), watching sopranos (love it).

What am in for with Rome?
>>
>>84852614
anger at GoT fans and the guy who burned down the replica city
>>
>>84852614
Only 2 seasons but otherwise good shit
>>
File: 1488839702684.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488839702684.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
>>84850116
>>
File: 1496632674977.png (386KB, 715x401px) Image search: [Google]
1496632674977.png
386KB, 715x401px
>>84850116
>>
Not OP here. I finished it last night and thouroghly enjoyed the whole series though I admit I nearly didn't watch past the first episode.

I really don't understand the point though. Is there no lesson to be learned? Rather than prison or even stripping the pedophile of his rank within the church, he just sends him to Alaska, a punishment he gave to a man who had merely talked about him behind his back.
Did Lenny also personally kill or have someone kill the faith healer?
And he literally prayed a woman to death and god just fucking did it.

So does that mean god isn't real and Lenny is just magical and slightly less evil than when the series opened? Or does that mean god is very real and he is evil?
>>
>>84854679
Not to mention Lenny being inadvertently responsible for the deaths of both his best friend and the kid who wanted to be a priest.
>>
>>84854679
Badmouthing God's Chosen One is as bad as touching some kids.
Don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk.
>>
>>84854679
We share the same opinions but at least I don't have buyers remorse of whatever you want to call it for ending up not enjoying the show, it was pretty nonsensical, I don't know why you can't be honest about it being shit and you have to join the circlejerk
>>
>>84850116
>Rick and Morty is bad because atheism
>The Young Pope is bad because theism

What the fuck do you want then?
>>
>>84854679
>Rather than prison or even stripping the pedophile of his rank within the church, he just sends him to Alaska, a punishment he gave to a man who had merely talked about him behind his back.
This works as long as you have a bit of suspension of disbelief. Yes, in real life the church was just sending sex offenders to other diocese instead of handing them over for prosecution. However, in the context of the show it's mean to convey that Lenny the arrogant child had matured into Pius XIII. Instead of sending someone to his own personal gulag for pissing him off, he instead uses that punishment on someone who actually deserves it.

>Did Lenny also personally kill or have someone kill the faith healer?
This was a bit weird, they could have gone into it a bit more.

>And he literally prayed a woman to death and god just fucking did it.
I'm pretty fucking sure that Pius handed her a box of poisoned tic tacs.
>>
>>84855134
>I'm pretty fucking sure that Pius handed her a box of poisoned tic tacs.
Okay but that doesnt explain the other supernatural shit he did innit
>>
>>84855902
>explain the supernatural
you do not explaing the supernatural lad, you either accept it or reject it, that's the whole point
>>
>>84854991
DUDE GOD MAY OR MAY NOT BE REAL LMAO
>>
>>84856255
That's a bitch cop out answer. Agnostics are a meme.
>>
>>84850116
it's literally a meme show and you can tell it's been taylor made for reddit
>>
>>84856297
You think you're smarter then you are, then.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.