[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he irrelevant at this point of his career?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: tom-hanks-1024x684 (1).jpg (50KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
tom-hanks-1024x684 (1).jpg
50KB, 1024x684px
>>
>>84847528

He's a good actor, he may not bring big bucks like others but he can deliver a good believable performance and works well with tons of directors.
>>
>>84847528
He's dead man.
>>
>>84847528
I think he's just done with acting unless he wants to buy a new boat or remodel the kitchen or what have you. He's at that Michael Caine, Christopher Walken stage where you just work when you feel like working.
>>
>>84847708

Sully and Bridge of Spies didn't seem like paycheck movies.
>>
no

consistent box office returns

he can do movies as a producer so he keeps the budget low on his salary and gets his money back later

might be the most powerful goy in hollywood
>>
>>84847528
I think as long as he has his relationship with Spielberg he is set. He does some pretty dumb movies (Saving Mr. Banks, The Circle, the Angels & Demons shite) but he always comes back with something more interesting (Captain Phillips, Sully, Bridge of Spies)
>>
has tom hanks ever committed a crime?
>>
>>84847708
>done with acting

No, he seems to switch between lower profile character pieces for ACTING roles, and cheap Hollywood trash for money.

He is damaging his legacy and doesn't have the sense to quit so he can be one of the legends. Unfortunate.

But maybe he can do the Clint Eastwood thing and knock out a couple of shining stars at the tail end of life.
>>
>>84847528
>Is he irrelevant at this point of his career

No, actors are irrelevant because film is irrelevant.
>>
>>84847528
He IS kino.
>>
>>84848097
>No, he seems to switch between lower profile character pieces for ACTING roles, and cheap Hollywood trash for money.
i think a lot of actors see the writing on the wall and that Hollywood is dying and the era of good quality films is over so they are all trying to cash out to help their kids out.
>>
>>84848133
>No, actors are irrelevant because film is irrelevant.
In before Cameron makes $10 billion off his four Avatar flicks
>>
>>84849296
Horse racing is still a billion dollar industry, but is still irrelevant to the overwhelming majority of society.

So is film.
>>
>>84847528
are you asking this because of The Circle? He is a fucking cameo, has barely any weight in the story other than being the standard big corp ceo evil man. Probably some faggot called in a favor or something and he got a paid for 2 days of work.
>>
>>84847742
lol yes they were
>>
>>84848058
Stole my heart desu <3
>>
>main role in the last Eastwood and the last Spielberg
>irrelevant
>>
he was fine in bridge of spies. he's had some decent movies and roles here and there but it seems like castaway was his last big movie
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.