[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long until the studios collapse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 31

File: Capture.png (648KB, 800x635px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
648KB, 800x635px
How long until the studios collapse?
>>
A renaissance in film will follow.
>>
>>84840181
i don't know, i think pop culture is at critical mass
>>
File: wtf man.jpg (14KB, 370x208px) Image search: [Google]
wtf man.jpg
14KB, 370x208px
>>84840181
yes,yes,people is learning and the jews will start to produce quality content and normies will stop eating literal shit.
LOL no.
>>
File: image.jpg (267KB, 1248x864px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267KB, 1248x864px
>>84840181
Studios are dead bury them consider it mercy
>>
File: Shankar-Vikram-I-Photos-3.jpg (33KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shankar-Vikram-I-Photos-3.jpg
33KB, 720x480px
BOLLYWOOD

R I S I N G
I
S
I
N
G
>>
>>84840112
When Fast and Furious 16 : the Ride Never Ends will flop
>>
File: KirstenStewart.jpg (87KB, 736x980px) Image search: [Google]
KirstenStewart.jpg
87KB, 736x980px
>>84840112
Kirsten Stewart as the Bride of Frankenstein will rate very well in 2019
>>
File: IMG_8979.jpg (27KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8979.jpg
27KB, 214x317px
>>84840112
Why not spend less money on films and thus not have to make garbage that appeals to China ?
>>
>>84840303
If they don't make mindless, expensive CGI-shitshows, they believe audiences will just stay at home with Netflix.
>>
I am literally going to save Hollywood and movies.
>>
>>84840303
I really don't understand this. Making movies is cheaper than ever. I'm making a film right now for 5 grand. The same film couldn't be made 10 years ago for less than 100k. Where does it all go?
>>
File: IMG_0223.jpg (31KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0223.jpg
31KB, 403x392px
>>84840366
>try to convince dad to go see The Nice Guys at the theatre
>he tells me that's not the kind of movie you see in theatres, that's reserved for stuff like The Avengers and Avatar

I love my dad but he is such a fucking pleb
>>
>>84840181
but it has

on television/streaming
>>
File: IMG_0656.gif (4KB, 452x523px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0656.gif
4KB, 452x523px
>>84840427
>Where does it all go?

Pic related

Also, your home movie is dogshit, a lot of big budget money goes to ensuring that the film is of the highest quality.
>>
>>84840439
Same

>Dad and mom enjoyed Wonder Woman
>watched There Will Be Blood on Amazon with them and they got bored and said they thought there were some good performances but didn't really get it
>>
>making more and more money
>50 years ago people would look at grosses now and think what in the actual fuck is happening movies are unstoppable gold mines, who knew this industry would be so insane
>meanwhile in hollywood, a hook-nosed man exclaims WTF ONLY 600 MILLION? OY VEY, MORE OF MY PEOPLE DIED IN THE HOLOCAUST FFS
>>
>>84840463
>lot of big budget money goes to ensuring that the film is of the highest quality.
But that's not the case at all. The quality of modern day film is at an all time low. From the writing to the visuals, it's a mess 99/100 times.
>>
>>84840195
Generation Z aka the iPhone and social media fagglets are crashing the plane with no survivours.
>>
>>84840112
Even if they did ever collapse, they wouldn't actually go away completely.
Some other dumbass company will just buy up the studio and continue doing shitty practices because they want to try and make as much money as possible while not being risky.
>>
>>84840604
You're an idiot.
You can't keep blaming millennials.
It's the suits trying to shove this shit down everyone's throats who are out of touch.
>>
File: feelsgood.jpg (20KB, 329x357px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.jpg
20KB, 329x357px
>>84840439
>>84840470
>tfw your parents hate capeshit
>>
File: 1494162832024.jpg (100KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1494162832024.jpg
100KB, 500x625px
>>84840680
>tfw your dad only enjoys old capeshit like Sam Raimi spider man
>>
The execs used to be more adventurous 20-30 years ago. Spielberg, Scorsese, Landis, Lucas, DePalma etc. Those are all people who made movies in the studio system. Now it seems like that if these dudes were starting their careers right now, the studios wouldn't have accepted them.
>>
>>84840112
its fucked because they are spending so much money to try and knock it out of the park with literally every single movie, so consequently every single movie resembles a big summer blockbuster which is why they all suck, because those kinds of movies try to cater to as wide an audience as possible.
>>
>>84840112
no more capeshits ?
>>
>>84840112
Yeah it'll only get fixed when people realise capeshit is no different from your average transformers movie (with a few exceptions but not enough to justify the capeshit cancer)
>>
>>84840880
Don't get your hopes up
>>
File: 1365252950544.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1365252950544.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>84840450
lol
>>
>>84840299
lol
>>
>>84840112
soon hopefully

and then based disney will be the only game in town
>>
>>84840299

kstew and katy perry will merge and become one destroying the big studios in 2018-19

screen cap this
>>
File: cat_563051.jpg (26KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
cat_563051.jpg
26KB, 500x375px
>>84840680
>parents hate capeshit for the same reasons I do
>>
A better question, who will they blame for their demise? What will come out of it, 4x ticket prices? Cinema studios bailed out of bankruptcy with tax money?
>>
>>84840405
Zack, all my hope is for you! And Nolan
>>
>>84840112
Well when you got multiple movies coming out weekly as opposed to like two a month, you're gonna get a lowering in quality.
>>
>>84840509
>ONLY 600 MILLION? OY VEY, MORE OF MY PEOPLE DIED IN THE HOLOCAUST
i rorudo
>>
>>84840662
Its the milennials that are incapable of criticial individuality and buy into every narrative they are given.

Makes sense for a generation of over-protected only-children sadly.
>>
File: 1499701218827.jpg (461KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1499701218827.jpg
461KB, 2048x1365px
>>84840112
Tfw your mother hasn't watched a film in over 10 years because she says "they're all shit these days"
>>
That's fine honestly. The medium is going down hill faster and faster. Terrance Malick and MAYBE PTA are the last good directors left standing.
>>
>>84840276
poointhecinema
>>
You guys are lucky you have based parents. My step mom unironically loves the resident evil series, underworld series, transformers and capeshit. her and my dad see literally every single one of them in theatres.
>>
>>84841706
She's right
>>
>>84840427
Ludicrous actor salaries
People taking advantage of a big production to scrape a little off the top
90,000,000 man hours of Korean sweatshop CGI
>>
>>84840112
This article is so fucking dumb. Why put the new transformers movie as the picture? So the regular dickhead who clicks this shit agrees, 'fucking bayformers hurrr shitty movies'. Get a life retards- these articles are the reason we don't have blockbuster summer films anymore and nothing but comic Book movies.
>>
>>84841706
Based mother, i'm also fortuinate enough to have very kinocentric parents whom often dig into cinema from the 50s/60s/70s/80s and 90s spanning all genres from noir to horror and from all regions.
>>
new hollywood movement 2.0 when

>>84840303
i wish i would have been there to hug lillian gish
>>
>>84840112
I've been reading this very same shit every 4 years or so.
>>
Theaters will die out.

Streaming will win.

I don't have to put clothes on or listen to a gaggle of niggers squawking to watch a movie at home.

I've not been to the theater but twice in twenty years; and both times were at the demand of an ex-girlfriend.

Once brick 'n mortar theaters die since they simply can't compete with watching it at home; writing quality will improve as they'll need to focus more on actual story, development, characterization and such to entertain vs. LOUD NOISES & BRIGHT COLOURS spectacle CGI-shit to draw people in.
>>
>>84841806
The last film she went out to the cinema to see was Alien 3.

That must have been the turning point for her.
>>
File: Huutis Bätmän.jpg (70KB, 519x600px) Image search: [Google]
Huutis Bätmän.jpg
70KB, 519x600px
>>84840276
Street shitters making good movies ever. Top kek'd.
>>
>>84840181
>tfw great movies on their last hurrah way back 2007/2008

>No Country for Old Men
>There will be Blood
>Gran Torino

Everything went to shit
>>
>>84841773
>Korean CGI
I'm curious on this. I always google VFX Companies mentioned in tv animation/film and most of them are in S.Korea... What gives?
>>
>>84840112
Hahaha.
USA not so important anymore and can't bomb good movie, because it isn't politically correct enough.
>>
>>84842327
Drive was 2011
>>
>>84842355
They're all well versed on computers thanks to the S.Korean curriculum only teaching StarCraft.
>>
>>84840112
not soon enough
>>
>>84842409
top lel thinking Drive is as good as any of those
>>
>>84840662
>It's the suits trying to shove this shit
Protip: Shit only sells if idiots buy shit.
If the new retards didn't feel so inclined to consume hot garbage, hot garbage wouldn't be made in the first place.
>>
>>84842473
Well, Gran Torino is an absolute thrash, so why not
>>
>>84840780
I think this is close to the truth. There are a lot of small issues that combine into a big issue of no interesting new movies coming out. From the good scripts not penetrating through the wall of readers to management not recognizing talent to not letting the talent shine if they actually decide to take a chance. Most of all it is a management issue as they have the power to fix all the smaller problems.
>>
>>84840112
i doubt that it will happen but i hope it will
>>
>>84842512
Says a lot that Drive is even worse then doesn't it?
>>
With billions $ of profits they don't know if they can keep the studios afloat. This is BS, they're just demanding more tax cuts so the jewish producers make more money although the films are selling less.
>>
>>84842541
But it's better
>>
>>84840112
The type of movies that sinks in the audiences always goes in cycles and Hollywood has gone through several of these.

Once the most viewed movies were musical, then they were westerns and then dramas and then action movies and now superhero movies.

But again the audiences are getting tired, as the novelty has worn off, so studios are now frantically trying to figure out what will be next cash cow style.

And just like the proper capitalists they are, they'll milk it dry again.
>>
>>84841874
Too bad people buy gigantic television sets and massive high quality projectors to watch the BRIGHT COLOURS at their home the same way.
>>
>>84841706
My mom watches almost everything just for the sake of going to the movie theatre.
>>
>>84840303
Because there's no way a film needs 100-250 million dollars to produce.

It's a huge theft. Like in the producers you can make more money from a flop than you can from a hit movie. A successful movie you have to pay taxes on.

You can hide a lot of money my cutting corners. Ever wonder why SFX look way worse than they did 25 years ago? Outsourced and pocketed the difference.
>>
>>84840112
>international grosses won't be enough to keep studios afloat forever
What did they mean by this
>>
>>84842800
There's definitely something fishy in how movies are produced. Some people can't produce a movie about soc'em robots with less than 200 million and some like Ridley Scott can produce a effect heavy sci-fi flick with less than 100 million.
>>
>>84842327
You can include The Wrestler with those.
>>
>>84840439
But is he is completely, utterly right
Theather is reserved for either dumb comedy or action movies
Anything else and the atmosphere is completely ruined by having retards always saying something and reacting what's going on
>>
>>84840112

never, because they make purposefully dumbed down movies to show in China to people who literally do not speak fucking english, and its working
>>
>>84842848
My guess is that their costs are deliberately inflated to pay less taxes.
>>
>>84840286
Is that the one where Vin Diesel drives the moon? I'm mixing them all up.
>>
>>84841670
>Muh millenial boogeyman!

Just fuck off with that shit, 90% likely hood that you're a millennial too but are too stupid to know it.
>>
It sucks because I love seeing movies in the theater. This year I've seen like 4 movies so far. Everything is terrible right now. This is the lowest point in movie quality in movie history. I hope failures like the Mummy, Power Rangers and under performance of Transformers 5 make movies better next year.
>>
>>84840780
It's more of a mix. If you compare what people consider the best movies from the 50s or the 60s to the 80s, you can see a large disparity.

The 50's and 60's were probably the best decades for foreign cinema. Filmmakers like Bergman, Fellini, Kurosawa etc.. thrived in that era. If you grew up in those two decades and you wanted to make movies you have a fuck ton of inspiration, which is why you see Scorsese constantly fawn over directors who were actively making movies from those two decades. He, along with people like Coppola, Spielberg, Lucas, Altman etc.. would go on to form New Hollywood, which is the United States' answer to the demand for alternative cinema when the movies made in Hollywood from the 60's were getting stale.

They would have a pretty brief period of success until the 80s came along (which can be attributed to the failure that is Heaven's Gate and Spielberg and Lucas helping form the concept of the blockbuster). Only Spielberg and Lucas saw further success in that decade while many other directors from New Hollywood found themselves struggling to do so. Movies like Jaws and Star Wars changed the moviegoing demographic drastically. One could argue auteur theory in Hollywood died in that decade and movies became very bland, stale and generic. If you watch the old clips of Siskel & Ebert, they would always whine about how many movies in the 80s looked like they were made in a factory rather than humans. These movies that were made in the 80s would inspire a generation of filmmakers and the cycle continues.
>>
Hollywood movies are shockingly uncreative. Practically nothing original.

Every single movie is either:
>taken from a popular novel
>a sequel
>a reboot
>taken from some other pop culture source (comics, tv series, even fucking board games)

It's like they are only making movies of things they are sure will easily convert into instant cash, rather than taking risks on creative projects that may or may not work out. I think the studios are being run by business people these days rather than creative people.

Movies back 50 years ago were always trying new things, making up their own characters and plotlines, taking all kinds of risks and exploring novelty. Honestly though, I'm a /pol/ack so I'm glad it's dying. But it really is a shame because of the wasted potential. Imagine what they could create if they put their minds to it.
>>
>>84843308
>Movies back 50 years ago were always trying new things
Ahaha, sure they did, grandpa
>>
>>84843308
Hollywood won't be experimental if you keep encouraging them to make the same bland generic shit over and over again.

Every time I watch a movie in my local independent cinema, senior citizens make up 95% of the audience. Doesn't really help that you dismiss the alternatives when they are available.
>>
>>84843308
L O FUCKING L movies in the 50s and 40s domestically were ALL based on popular novels or plays, they were unchallenging and uncreative as hell
>>
>>84840756
anything post 2010 is capeshit

yes even DKR
>>
>>84843385
>Hollywood won't be experimental if you keep encouraging them to make the same bland generic shit over and over again.

This god damn, it's all about the audience. Hollywood just answers to the demand.
>>
>it's a /tv/ pretends they don't do the same shit as everyone else thread
>>
I blame George Lucas. There used to be a consent that movies had to be good and interesting to make money. Then George came along with his prequels and showed that all you need is nostalgia and CGI
>>
Who gives a shit if Hollywood dies? Other countries produce better movies
>>
File: 20130830steven-soderbergh2.jpg (124KB, 666x443px) Image search: [Google]
20130830steven-soderbergh2.jpg
124KB, 666x443px
>>84840303
Psychologically, it’s more comforting to spend 60 million dollars promoting a movie that costs 100, than it is to spend 60 million dollars for a movie that costs 10. I know what you’re thinking - if it costs 10 you’re going to be in profit sooner. Maybe not. Here’s why:

OK. 10 million dollar movie, 60 million to promote it, that’s 70, so you’ve got to gross 140 to get out. Now you’ve got 100 million dollar movie, you’re going spend 60 to promote it. You’ve got to get 320 to get out. How many 10 million dollar movies make 140 million dollars? Not many. How many 100 million dollar movies make 320? A pretty good number, and there’s this sort of domino effect that happens too. Bigger home video sales, bigger TV sales - so you can see the forces that are sort of draining in one direction in the business. So, here’s a thought… maybe nothing’s wrong. Maybe I’m a clown. Maybe the audiences are happy, and the studio is happy.
>>
Maybe they should stop with the prequels, sequels, remakes, and reboots?
>>
>>84842610
>what will be next cash cow style

Space.
>>
I saw plenty of enjoyable films this year alone. TV series are at all time high in quality as well.

I mean Pirates, Covenant, Arthur, all good flicks in their own right. You fuckers need to stop being so uptight.
>>
>>84844271
>TV series are at all time high in quality as well
>Pirates, Covenant, Arthur, all good flicks in their own right
jesus fuckin christ
>>
>>84844271
>lower your standards like me
>you can't be disappointed if you're braindead!
>>
>>84840112
Sadly, it's not going to happen until Marvel/Disney stops shitting out movies.
So long as endless Star Wars and capeshit makes bank, people are going to chase that cash cow. We'll see bomb after bomb, but it won't stop them lusting after a franchise to exploit.
I'd imagine we have at least 5 years before that starts slowing down, and maybe more.

The scenario I imagine will be
>movies get more and more extravagant under the assumption of guaranteed profit, making any bomb more damaging
>Original Marvel actors start getting recast, turning andegree of the audience away
>Marvel forced to use current comic stories to adapt, which are fucking diabolical
>meanwhile the Sequel trilogy has ended, and the deluge of spinoffs has caused a degree of apathy in audiences, the severeity dependant on how much effort they put in the next two min movies. This makes Disney churn out even more in the hope of striking gold again, or even making another full on trilogy early
>eventually one bombs hard, and the illusion of Disney/Marvel being untouchable gets demolished
>execs learn nothing and carry on, but audiences, spoonfed by media mouthpieces, realise they're officially allowed to not like the movies
>meanwhile the budgets are still as overblown as ever, and we eventually get another heaven's gate for capeshit
>Disney survives, but Marvel gets gutted
>studios start funding original movies and are wary of franchises for a while
>>
>>84842854
I hate that you're right

see the vitch
>>
>>84844271
>Pirates, Covenant, Arthur, all good flicks

Oh my fucking God, there is a bad bait, but there is also a bait so bad that you just can't resist it
>>
>>84844271
you have to go back
>>
>>84841874
Theatres will never die because there's a number of people who go for the experience of the cinema. If anything it'll resort back to independently run theatres with dedicated returning members, and the multiplex chains will die out. That's a different issue, though not unrelated.
>>
>>84841874
I think all kinds of attractions you have to actually go to are going to die out soon enough. No one wants to go somewhere where kids are running around, screaming, children and teens have no concept of respect for others or their surroundings and no one likes to be surrounded by people who actively take away from the experience.
>>
>>84844375
>Disney survives

No shit.

But yeah, in the next five years there will be a huge box office bomb that will take down one of the Big Six (Disney, Warner, Fox, Sony/Columbia, Universal, Paramount). Probably Sony.
>>
>>84844584
Almost assuredly it will be Sony
>>
>>84844584
Sony.
They're fucked if the nips can't get a hold on them. We all joke about execs being retarded, but I've never seen so much utter delusion in one company.
>>
>>84842327
>No country for old men
>Good

Pick one
>>
>>84840112
Sony makes the most bombs, but they can still leech on a parent company.

I think Paramount is in bigger trouble. They have to make a profit for their parent company. And they deliver little.
>>
>>84840112
I watch all of the super hero movies in theaters still, there is no reason to go for other movies. Let netflix take over already.
>>
Rebirth of the mid-budget film, when? Instead of jumping right to superhero movies, new directors can make those $30-$50m movies that were so popular in the 90's. I need this to come back.
>>
>>84845186
>paramount
Looking at their current and future releases is so depressing. Outside of some good awards kino last year, they really need a regime change. Total company makeover. How the oldest studio in Hollywood, which has produced hit after hit in the past with culture-defining blockbusters like Forrest Gump and Top Gun has been reduced to the shitshow of handling Monster Trucks is amazing.
>>
>>84845289
You are the problem
>>
They just need to perfect the art of comic book story telling. It's pacing and understanding of story telling is perfected.
>>
>>84845324
30-50m in 1990 was the equivalent of 100m today, you're not factoring inflation into the picture.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (10KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
10KB, 200x303px
>>84841806
>>
>>84841706
smart!
>>
>>84844098
name one. i'll wait
>>
>>84845399
Regardless, I still think shit could be made for $30-50m now. Jason Blum built a career on sub $5m movies.
>>
>>84845365
>implying there is any problem
My generation fought to get super hero movies made and made right, your faggot ass generation wants to undo it. We'll go back to the days of cheese shit tier super hero movies once every other year and you can have you faggy pseudo itelectual shit show. I hop you succeed too, bc fuck your generation.
>>
>>84845487
Yeah sure I agree with you, I'm just saying the death of the mid budget picture happened way before the 90s.
>>
>>84845510
Look everyone, the manbaby is throwing a tantrum!
>>
>>84845565
ayye ad hominem

..when you know you're right
>>
File: 1499579107927.webm (2MB, 950x520px) Image search: [Google]
1499579107927.webm
2MB, 950x520px
>>84845510
Funposting now, are we?
>>
>>84845601
All capeshit is irredeemable and contributes to the infantilization of Western society, which you are a perfect encapsulation of.

>Obviously I’m very much a self-confessed fan of science-fiction and genre cinema. But part of me looks at society as it is now and just thinks we’ve been infantilized by our own taste. Now we’re essentially all consuming very childish things – comic books, superheroes... Adults are watching this stuff, and taking it seriously!

>It is a kind of dumbing down in a way, because it’s taking our focus away from real-world issues. Films used to be about challenging, emotional journeys or moral questions that might make you walk away and re-evaluate how you felt about... whatever. Now we’re walking out of the cinema really not thinking about anything, other than the fact that the Hulk just had a fight with a robot.
>>
File: IMG_0517.jpg (36KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0517.jpg
36KB, 400x225px
>>84840427
Gareth? Love your stuff bro.
>>
>>84840427
How do I do this?
>>
File: 1498229340588.jpg (46KB, 800x615px) Image search: [Google]
1498229340588.jpg
46KB, 800x615px
>>84840299
>>
>>84845685
>All capeshit is irredeemable and contributes to the infantilization of Western society
Ah yes. The fucking kike movies are destroying your culture and civilization. Sure.

Not even that anon but holy fucking shit you are SJW tier.
>>
>>84845823
Let's play the "everyone who says something I disagree with is a SJW" game!
>>
>>84840227
mayve the problem is fewer and fewer jews are in the industry
>>
>>84840181
It won't. The agendas are escalating and people are tired of the whole thing. User made content is the future. Or old classics. 80's action etc.
>>
>>84845903
Let's play the "everyone who says something I disagree with is a JEW" game!
>>
>>84845341
This.

They have no franchises except for toy related ones. That's no problem if you make original movies. But they don't do that either.

They should have changed course the moment Star Trek Beyond underperformed and whiped away another franchise.
>>
>>84840303
>>84840427
Low budget indie movies get released every year. You guys are only focusing on tentpole summer blockbusters.
>>
>>84840509
>50 years ago people would look at grosses now and think what in the actual fuck is happening

If they had any German relatives, they would know damn well what is happening.
>>
>>84841874
The US is pretty much the only country in the world (Canada too maybe) which has lowering cinema attendance. Europe is stable and Asia/Middle East/South America is growing. Theatres only die in pleb countries with no culture.
>>
>>84843308

This has always been a problem, but the issue we're having now is that people are starting to see reboots of movies they were actually old enough to see the first time as opposed to films before their time.

Movie studios can't rely on China forever to keep shit tier franchises afloat. They need to come up with something original and not pump out sequels to 30 year old movies (Top Gun 2), reboots to movies that didn't need reboots (The Mummy), and a franchise with a new movie every two years (Fast and Furious)
>>
>>84846146
But Fast and Furious sold like hotcakes
>>
A movie like Ordinary People would never be made, much less be as popular as it was in 1980, in today's Hollywood. It fucking sucks, man...
>>
>>84846497
Sure it would. See >>84846057
>>
>>84846541
Case in point: A Ghost Story just got released right in the middle of summer movie season and /tv/ is barely talking about it.
>>
>>84840112
We need the Mommy cinematic universe!
>>
>>84840577
You could also say the same thing about the quality of mainstream/indie music. The arts are in a major decline around the west, and even big non western countries like China aren't stepping up to provide an alternative.
>>
>>84846614
Never even heard of this until now, looks great.
>>
>>84840112
Have you not seen what's happening OP?
Every Summer film this year has flopped in the US.
Studios are already collapsing. People are tired of getting tricked into seeing bad movies and just stopped going all together.
>>
>>84840427
> 5 grand
>Where does it all go?
For paying your fucking actors a fucking fee and a meal once a day, you fucking dirtbag kike.
>>
>>84841874
Before we had a kid my wife and I would go to the movies at least once, if not twice a month. I'd even pay extra to see it at the AMC's DOLBY ATMOS theater up in tysons.

I'd have to fork over about 50 schekles a trip for tickets and popcorn.

Worth every penny.
>>
>>84840112
Yes please, and Sony hopefully first.
>>
>>84842327
>Not mentioning Interstellar

>Not mentioning Mad Max

>Not mentioning Arrival

It's like you're not even trying.
>>
>>84840880
If only
>>
>>84841706
Do you ever wonder how a patrician woman like that managed to raise a failure that frequents 4chan?
>>
>>84840680
>mother loves MCU but has about as much knowledge of the material as a 7 year old
>went to see GotG2 with family and afterwards my older brother asked, "I was waiting for them to meet people from Star Wars"
>younger brother loves Harley Quinn
>youngest brother is one of those 'flavor of the month' people that really gets into whatever's current like they're an expert

Suffering. Had to explain who:
>Adam Warlock, Shocker, Scorpion, the Watchers, and Hela were
>how Quicksilver and Scarlet are the children of Magneto but why they couldn't reference that
>why Fantastic Four, the X-Men, and Deadpool weren't technically that Marvel

There's more I'm sure but those were painful enough.
>>
>>84845981
Where the fuck did I call anyone a Jew in any of my posts
>>
Who's ever reading this let me ask you this when was the last time we got great original films not base on any comics books tv shows video games etc studios should go back and create original films
>>
>>84840112
>How long until the studios collapse?

Too long.

If you're not a child in puberty, female, or a virtue signalling SJW, then you have no excuse watching the hot garbage being put out by the degenerate Juden scum in Hollywood.
>>
>>84846927
Several per year. /tv/'s viewpoint is skewed because this board primarily discusses blockbusters and "nerd culture" movies.
>>
>>84840112
Literally never. china is a huge money laundering scheme. Movie can't draw dimes in america? Make up how well it did in china
>>
>>84840303
this.

and make movies, not products por favor
>>
>>84842327
>comparing literally 3 years of good film to the 70's
nope
>>
i wish all marvel and DC guff were relegated to its own board, as well as all TV shows, then MAYBE some semblance of good discussion could start to emerge
>>
>>84844260
>mfw we'll be getting nothing but "science, fuck yeah!" movies
Fuck, go back
>>
>>84847435
no because there would be nobody left here. We all have to ability to post in threads not about capeshit, but most of the people here choose not to.
>>
>>84846057
>Muh indie

Most are pretentious reddit crap.
>>
>>84842355
Used to be a third world country so they used sweatshop style labour for animation, they're nowtrying to climb the value chain.
>>
>>84842327
Only one of those that is actually a masterpiece is NCFOM desu.

2016 was a better year for film then either 07 or 08.
>>
>>84842916
the most creative people in hollywood have always been the accountants
>>
>>84843505
>This god damn, it's all about the audience. Hollywood just answers to the demand.

Not entirely true.

Hollywood pushes, for the sake of partisan ideology, some things that audiences hate.
>>
Budgets need to be cut drastically. Shin Godzilla only cost $15 million and it looks decent most of the time. There's no reason to go over $100 million dollars on a flick.
>>
>>84847841
Maybe so but my point here >>84847001 stands.
>>
>>84846138
>Theatres only die in pleb countries with no culture.
>literally every culture is adapting or has taken American culture
You're retarded.
>>
>>84848461
>American culture
No such thing. """"American culture"""" is an amalgamation of other real cultures.
>>
>>84848461
LMAO
>>
>>84848909
He's right when it comes to movies and pop culture.
>>
>>84848777
No one outside of the U.K. Pays to see britshit """"""""""films""""""""""
>>
>>84848909
>English used a trade language long after British rule
>adoption of American made products (McDonalds)
>adoption of American economics
>media domination
Stay retarded
>>
>>84846179

The well will run dry eventually. People will start to get sick of them, and then what? They try it again? People won't stick around that long if they smell a similarly wrung out franchise.

Honestly, the numbers were always midling until Paul Walker died.
>>
>>84849432
Not true. Parts 5 and 6 were huge hits.
>>
>>84849432
>The well will run dry eventually. People will start to get sick of them, and then what?
Dude, how many of these fucking movies are there? Hoping Spics will stop loving F&F is like hoping that Chinamen will stop watching Bayformers.
>>
>>84841706
her enjoyment for life has gone because of you
>>
>>84840427
I'm sure it looks like it cost 5 grand too.
>>
File: 1425105582746.png (22KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1425105582746.png
22KB, 800x600px
>>84840181
Great idea, DaVinci and Dante might have learned their crafts from the Autobots
>>
>>84840112
Never

There will always be money to launder
>>
>>84840276
His 'stache is really fucking manly, like Magnum PI tier manly, I have to admit
>>
>>84840276
Looks like a 80s porn
>>
>>84846762
Way to miss the point. On a technical level it's cheap as fuck to make a movie these days. It cost Kevin Smith 27 grand to make fucking Clerks. Considering no one was being paid, Clerks could be made today for literally nothing.

>>84849711
Not if you know what the fuck you're doing.
>>
Everything has been done already. Almost every genre has been maxed out in terms of ideas. The movies today is just repetition of stuff we have already seen and thous peoples interest in movies will fade out and the industry will die.
>>
>>84840181
Hopefully.

>>84840450
Kill yourself.

>>84846847
And back to /r/movies you go, brainlet!
>>
File: cowboytom.gif (2MB, 257x193px) Image search: [Google]
cowboytom.gif
2MB, 257x193px
They already collapsed when Trump won the election.

It was liars/Jews/media/Hollywood vs. Trump, and Trump won
>>
File: iFunny.jpg (50KB, 700x396px) Image search: [Google]
iFunny.jpg
50KB, 700x396px
>>84851008
>>
File: 1499691068665.png (406KB, 1432x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1499691068665.png
406KB, 1432x1026px
>>84851082
>ifunny.co
>>
>>84840112
Modern reviewers love bad movies.
China loves bad movies.

Never.
>>
File: 1493401170391.jpg (73KB, 649x631px) Image search: [Google]
1493401170391.jpg
73KB, 649x631px
>>84851118
Better?
>>
File: Consider The Following.png (51KB, 246x214px) Image search: [Google]
Consider The Following.png
51KB, 246x214px
>>84840181
>A renaissance in film will follow.
Yeah, except that happened on television instead.

All the younger guys worth a damn transitioned to television 5-10 years ago. Even Scorcese is making stuff for HBO these days.
>>
File: kino.jpg (348KB, 2500x1946px) Image search: [Google]
kino.jpg
348KB, 2500x1946px
>>84851118
Got it from google and I can't be assed to crop it
>>
>>84842800
>Ever wonder why SFX look way worse than they did 25 years ago?
No because this is a blatant lie.
>>
>>84848777
>>84846138

Americans were watching movies in theaters when your ancestors were sweeping chimneys.
>>
>>84840276
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixJgY2VSct0
K I N O
I
N
O
>>
>>84840112

Hollywood is about propaganda, not making money.
>>
File: republican messaging strategy.png (204KB, 259x384px) Image search: [Google]
republican messaging strategy.png
204KB, 259x384px
>>84851829
exactly
>>
>>84846903
>went to see GotG2 with family and afterwards my older brother asked, "I was waiting for them to meet people from Star Wars"
I physically retched, anon, Jesus Christ. How oblivious does one have to be to be that out of touch with fucking normieshit?
>>
>>84845623
I bet that dude wonders hard every minute of every day why no girl wants to date him.

>all these flabby, creepy, decrepit bodies.

I mean really, it's no wonder Millennials girls are passing you guys up for brownbois and Gen X/Boomer daddies.
>>
File: satyajit_ray.jpg (363KB, 1200x1018px) Image search: [Google]
satyajit_ray.jpg
363KB, 1200x1018px
>>84841987
>/pol/ crossposters are plebs
Who knew?
>>
5 years from now The Weinstein Company will still be around :/
>>
>>84852089

5 years from now the Weinsteins will have fled to Israel to avoid pedophilia charges.
>>
>>84840112
>Hollywood Has a Jew Problem

ftfy
>>
>>84843308
Come up with an original synopsis for a film that hasn't already been done right now.
>>
>>84851975
>sees embarrassing person
>immediately fantasizes about nigger dick
What is wrong with you people?
>>
>>84840427
Producers, mostly. People who never even step on set or into an editing room.

I worked at a post-house and 5-7 people get credited for doing colour correction when only two people actually work on the film (the colourist and the assistant/conform artist). The rest are producers who get paid (more) to literally talk on the phone (one or EPs that are essentially just the business owners who attach their name to everything that comes through their company). Now this is just colour correction, so imagine every single department is like that.
>>
>>84851249
>CGI
>>
>>84840662
Filmmakers need to start opening up their own studios. Most studio heads are just marketing grads (see: Sony powerpoints) who are trying to maximize profit, so it's no wonder they're weirdly out of touch.

But as long as it's profitable to make shitty films, it'll happen. Thanks, China.
>>
>>84852539
>Filmmakers need to start opening up their own studios

That has always worked so well. United Artists and American Zoetrope spring to mind as two of the most successful.
>>
File: stay in the lines george.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
stay in the lines george.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>84853117
not sure if being sarcastic or not
>>
>>84840427
labor. On actual shoots that pay professional rates with crafty and everything else you're blasting ass constantly. At least $300 on crafty and meals a day. Department heads are getting $450+, PAs are generally getting $150.

I worked in the production offices of Captain Phillips. Spending $100,000 a day is a lot easier than you'd think.
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.