[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw yohei died after finally finding his courage damn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

>tfw yohei died after finally finding his courage
damn
>>
>>84839728
Is that Ron Howard's brother?
>>
7 Samurai taught me that only eating millets will make you go blind.
>>
>>84839728
He didn't die. He was just dreaming of sushi.
>>
>>84839804
>millets
It's just "millet."
>>
>>84839831
So it's safe to eat as long as I don't eat just one?
>>
>>84839728
I always felt bad that Kikuchiyo made fun of Yohei so much. I guess Kikuchiyo did too, after Yohei died.
>>
posting best samurai
>>
File: mai_nigguru.jpg (92KB, 640x348px) Image search: [Google]
mai_nigguru.jpg
92KB, 640x348px
>>84839935
>>
>>84839935
>>84839969
hi Katsushiro
>>
File: Seven Samurai 21.jpg (82KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
Seven Samurai 21.jpg
82KB, 768x576px
>>84839935
This guy. You watch the movie, you feel willing to follow him into battle. He almost always leads calmly and rationally, by the power of his presence, and the one and only time that he uses force to get people in line you can tell that he only does it because he knows that every one of them will die if he doesn't impose some discipline.
>>
File: SevenSamurai.jpg (25KB, 432x303px) Image search: [Google]
SevenSamurai.jpg
25KB, 432x303px
>>84839935
In this case the pleb choice is also the patrician choice. Kikuchiyo a best.
>>
File: sanjuro.jpg (29KB, 636x376px) Image search: [Google]
sanjuro.jpg
29KB, 636x376px
Best samurai could still beat them if it was 7-on-1.
>>
>Still havent seen it
What am I missing out on and what would be the best setup to watch it?
Day or nighttime?
>>
File: Yoda-Samurai.png (292KB, 660x350px) Image search: [Google]
Yoda-Samurai.png
292KB, 660x350px
>>84840230
Best answer, Kambei is the kind of leader you would gladly fight and die beside.
>>
>>84840438
>What am I missing out on and what would be the best setup to watch it?
One of the greatest movies ever made. Not a perfect movie, but one that does so many things right that its flaws can be forgiven. Also a virtual textbook of filmmaking technique and film grammar. And it features some fantastic acting.
>Day or nighttime?
I personally find it easier to watch black and white movies at night for whatever reason, but that's just me. I think the movie works whenever, as long as you have enough uninterrupted time. It's 3 1/2 hours long, although it doesn't feel long when you watch it.
>>
>>84840664
>as long as you have enough uninterrupted time
You can rest during the intermission and come back the next day
>>
>>84840362
>him
>anything other than a thieving farmers son
>>
>it is a 7 samurai remake

>everyone doesnt die by gunfire while fighting with swords and bows

all those cowboy remakes miss the point completely
>>
>>84840705
True, but whenever I've watched it I always wanted to continue until the end because I got invested in both the narrative and the exhibition of filmmaking skill.
>>
I'm gonna watch pic related tonight. What am I in for?
>>
>>84840800
i dont know
>>
>>84840819
Thanks
>>
>>84840800
very nice costume design.
>>
>>84840800
spooky ghosts

and kino war and siege scenes
>>
>>84840800
maybe not among Kurosawa's best, but still excellent
>>
>>84840800
King Lear. I don't share Kurosawa's deep love for Shakespeare, but if you dig King Lear I think you'll like Ran.
>>
>>84840800
And i liked the meaning of the story. The moral of the story
>>
>>84840800
Colourful battle scenes
>>
>>84839728
>tfw yohei died after finally finding his courage
Usually there is a correlation between those two
>>
>>84839728
He died a warrior than a lousy rice farmer coming to the last of his years.
>>
>>84839849
You don't eat "corns" do you?
>>
>>84840800
Possibly the best colour film ever made. Plenty of gorgeous shots, one of the best photography ever.

A strong scenario, many dramatic scenes, incredible performances from most of the cast, especially Tatsuya Nakadai (Hidetora) and Peter (Kyoami).

You are in, basically, for one of the best films ever made, possibly Kurosawa's greatest colour film, possibly his greatest film.

Watch it on as big a screen as you can, this is cinema.
>>
>>84839768
no it's Mickey Rooney
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.