[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished first season. Second season worth anything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: true-det.jpg (641KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
true-det.jpg
641KB, 1600x900px
Just finished first season.

Second season worth anything?
>>
do it for vince
>>
>>84837975
It's nothing like the first season. I watched it, and it was okay, but it feels like a totally different show and not as good.
>>
>>84837995
This
>>
>>84837995
Part of me wishes there were still Vinceposting threads, but there's another part of me that's glad they're uncommon, it's like an unexpected treat.
>>
>>84837975
No.
>>
>>84837995
First season is pure kino. Second season has lady with amazing tits and Vince kino.
>>
Rachel McAdams brought down the quality.
>>
>>84837975
It's alright.
>>
Season 2 is one of the biggest clusterfucks in American television history. It's to be watched ironically.
>>
>>84838133
Who is the lady with amazing tits? I don't remember that
>>
>>84837975
Yes S2 is good. Don't expect another S1 vibe from it though like a pleb, it's an anthology series.
>>
>>84838142
And low and behold the black has another shitty opinion.
>>
>>84838165
Nothing is to be done ironically you fucking nu male.
>>
>>84838165
This

>>84838198
Not this.

The only thing good about s2 is the soundtrack. Lera Lyn is my Countryfu
>>
>>84838133
First season had lady with amazing tits
>>
>>84837975
S2 is a worthless disaster. You can even see it in each actors eyes when they deliver their stilted, pointless dialogues.

1 is amazing until the last 3. Everything else is trash.
>>
>Never do anything out of hunger, not even eating. Casper Knew this
>>
>>84838117
Vince posting was and still is too elaborate to catch on.
But when done right, it is amazing.
>>
>>84838167
Vince's wife is who he means. He's kind of right, they look amazing and red hair is instant points, but her face looks like she has some kind of weird genetic condition. And they're never set free, which is fucking criminal.
>>
Hard to not recommend. Yes, the main plot is a clusterfuck with no reward, and Taylor Kitch's character arc had a rage-inducing ending, but some of the images and music, I got lost in how much I enjoyed them; the intro with the Conway Twitty impersonator doing "the rose" ... Its got better directing than writing big time. Some good exchanges and minis per episode. Its easier to watch knowing how short it is. I don't regret it and plan on a second watch one day. Season 1 stays with you forever, this should be called something else.
>>
>>84838667
Um, excuse me, but you did you just say that s2 had better writing and directing that s1?
>>
>>84838667
Especially since Kitch's character was my favorite by the end, he was the only person doing detective work despite being a highway cop, and his scars being introduced, talked about, then forgotten. What was the point? Just "being closet homo" became all they did with the character. Terrible, Pizzalatte clearly had ideas and no execution plan.
Though as for directing, I heard the second season had multiple directors and season one only had one. Even if that weren't true, it definitely felt like it.
>>84838765
I don't think anyone would ever make that claim without a fat grin plastered on their face.
>>
>>84838837
Pretty lazy to look up sauce atm, but I read somewhere that HBO pressured Pizza into rushing the script. Empty plot lines like Ktich's character seem to be evidence of this.
>>
>>84838915
I heard the same thing recently, something like less than a year of writing time when the first season took him almost 5 and was quickly called out for "borrowing" from other writers with Rust's ideology, almost word for word at times. I don't mind the copying because it really helped the show, but the fact is the guy needs some aid AND lots of time to write these things.
Season 3 was greenlit, so hopefully HBO gives the guy the time and help he needs and they stick with one very competent director and another solid cast.
>>
>>84838232
>has reddit opinion
>types like a redditor

please go back
>>
>>84838837
>What was the point? Just "being closet homo" became all they did with the character.
His butt friend actually says the point of his character before the shootout down there
>If you had just been honest about who you are, you wouldn't have been able to be blackmailed like this
This is a theme with all three male characters, and leads to their doom. Velcoro couldn't be honest with himself that he wasn't a good father, holding on to Fat Pussy despite the fact that the viewer can see he is not a good father for him in any way. Frank is in the story at all because he decided to try and be a legitimate businessman instead of who he really is: a gangster.
>>
File: tone.jpg (41KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
tone.jpg
41KB, 440x440px
>>84838997
My opinions are far from reddit and i've wasted more of my life than you on this chinese cell animation massage board, you insufferable, summer faggot.
>>
>>84838765
Season 2 has better directing than writing. Season one has better both by lightyears.
>>
>>84838837
It did have multiple directors which was a bummer at first but mostly is pretty good. the writing is 70% shitty. Kitsch was my face whole time as well and had no resolution. Worst part of the show was the finale honestly.
>>
>>84839060
I saw it with the other two, but not really with him. I guess I'm not a closeted gay man so I don't understand the struggle that might be "coming out" but it's one thing to hold back what you want, take boner pills, and fuck latinas, and another thing to just fuck men but think it's icky to talk about versus the comparison to the other two men.
Either way good point, never thought that through I guess.
>>84839092
Again it had ideas that seemed okay but were just terribly executed. I don't think I would have been as disappointed if the first season has a similarly "bad guys win, good guys lose" ending, I think Pizzalatte just didn't have the balls to do that on his first big hit. Could have been interesting for Rust to live and Marty to die, since that was the opposite of what their characters had wanted. Just spitballing.
>>
>>84837995
Fpbp desu.

Worth it unironically for Vince.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.