[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, what does /tv/ think of Get Out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: get-out-jordan-peele.jpg (215KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
get-out-jordan-peele.jpg
215KB, 670x377px
Now that the dust has settled, what does /tv/ think of Get Out?
>>
Best movie of 2017 so far.
>>
>>84836087
Absolute garbage
>>
>>84836087
It was pretty funny.
>>
>>84836146
Funny? How?
>>
Litty
>>
looked gay, didnt see it
>>
blackino
>>
>>84836619
>ywn have a down ass bitch to back you up
>>
the alternate ending was so much better, it's fucking shitty that the director has to change his vision cause it was too close to touching the injustice in today's America
>>
>>84836619
That is one awesome chick. And one weak ass grown black who cant even fade her lol
>>
File: 1363938203416.gif (2MB, 177x150px) Image search: [Google]
1363938203416.gif
2MB, 177x150px
>>84836619
>black kid straight up german suplexes a bitch
>>
>>84836619
Fucking suplex'd KEK
>>
>>84836087
Its good, not as good as the entire marketing department spamming upvotes/high ratings on every website - this and wonder woman are pretty much proof theres some funny business going on behind the scenes. When the main driving force behind your movies are hype and internet controversy, and not the quality of the film itself - the whole thing becomes one big ugly joke.
>>
>>84836087
It was alright, but it'll never be something that I'll recommend to my friends if they're binge watching horror films. I just can't picture myself saying "dude we HAVE to watch Get Out" under any circumstances.
>>
It was OK but was tarnished for me by the whole political/social aspect surrounding it, so I couldn't really enjoy it. I have a really hard time enjoying any "black" films or entertainment lately because of how polarized to whole perspective around the black issue is lately.
>>
>>84836718
I was unaware of this ending until you just brought it up.
Way too fucking depressing. Why do so many films lately NEED to have the bad guys win? Why can't there be an actual satisfying ending? I commend Peele for not making this film so bleak.
>>
>>84836841
Yup the blacks live on the fucking gibs, vast quantities of money are spent on them.

Stuff like this doesn't even count how government spending is skewed towards gibs for blacks in any place blacks live.
Police spend all their time policing blacks, jails jail them, schools have to babysit them, businesses have to hire security guards to stop them, etc
>>
>>84836087
It was great, but sensitive /pol/cucks just see a black guy and get angry.
>>
>>84836990
If /pol/tards actually watched the damn movie, they'd probably actually agree with it because white suburban liberals who want to be black are the bad guys.
>>
It was racist and I was offended.

*clutches pearls*
>>
competently made, which is an automatic 7/10. Definitely memorable. Liked it more than Don't Breathe
>>
>>84836619
I hope the white girl fucked all the black guys as an apology.
>>
I watched E;R's review.
It looks like dogshit that only gets high review because of pandering.
>>
Feels like movie had 3 different writers and directors that didn't talk to each other at all.

Its overall good until the nigglet gets captured. Then it becomes a silly parody. Rewrite it from then till the end, remove the second token black funny guy, and don't make anyone get out alive in the end.

Bam, you got youreself an 8/10 flick.
>>
>>84836087
Good when viewed with Peele's intent in mind, i.e. making a solid horror movie centered around American race relations, with the right level of social commentary to make the story work. But it's hard to separate from the context of the way audiences and critics promoted it as some kind of cultural/political watershed.
>>
>>84836087
It's just okay
>>
>most shilled things in /tv/ history
>1. blacked
>2. get out
>3. dear white people

really makes you think
>>
>>84836271
Im TSA
>>
>>84836948
Just how white are you?
>>
File: free-shrugs.jpg (50KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
free-shrugs.jpg
50KB, 449x642px
It was a legit good horror movie.
Its a shame people used it as a basis for keeping this perpetual culture/race war retardation going.
It makes me a little sad that people can't just enjoy a well done movie without it needing to be some sort of political statement.
>>
>>84836087
I know nothing about it other than this image that gets posted every day and the fact that it triggers the fuck out of /pol/tards
>>
Loved it, watched it twice. I'll watch it again some other time.
>>
>>84836087
Thought it was pretty good actually. Expected some sort of KKK get out of our neighborhood BLM bullshit
>>
>>84837983
Watch it
Its pretty good
>>
File: Capture.jpg (8KB, 59x70px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
8KB, 59x70px
>>
it was good overall. it also triggered /pol/ idiots, which is always a plus.
>>
Is that hypnosis thing where you trigger paralysis by sound a real thing?
>>
File: 379484.jpg (192KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
379484.jpg
192KB, 1920x1080px
>I just get nervous when there's a lot of white people around
What did (((they))) mean by this?
>>
>>84839142
t. kind of white guy the film was making fun of
>>
>>84839199
triggered
>>
>>84836833
>Implying any of that viral marketing shit is new
It's time to wake up, son
>>
>>84837675
/tv/ talked about Dear White People for maybe 2 weeks at most
>>
>>84836087
It's a pretty great film, the direction is really strong.

The racial stuff is handled pretty well in a believable way.

Reveal that they aren't actually racist, plus the ending is a twist on classic horror. When the cops show up the day is saved. This time it feels like a horrible ending until his friend is in the car.
>>
>>84836087
stupid plot, Self/less rip-off with crap actors and worse directing
>>
it's garbage, /tv/ only likes it because of BLACKED memes and it "triggers /pol/". don't take advice on films to watch from spiteful teenagers or you'll end up wasting two hours.
>>
It was great.
>>
>>84839485
>cops

He was TS-mothfucking-A you moron.
>>
>>84836087

First 45 - 60 minutes are boring as fuck. Decent ending though.
>>
>>84839845
triggered
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.