[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Wire General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: The_Wire_Templeton.jpg (66KB, 506x316px) Image search: [Google]
The_Wire_Templeton.jpg
66KB, 506x316px
Would he work for CNN irl?
>>
i haven't ever seen the season 5 and i guess it is optional to watch after all. i haven't seen it mentioned ever.
>>
>>84825883
Templeton and Haynes and Alma and Fletcher were horrible characters with all the complexities of a hand turkey. Season 5 was a mistake.
>>
>>84825915
the best scene of the season is the last ~minute
>>
>>84825915
OP is trying to be edgey.

He works for the local newspaper, is trying to get a Pulitzer prize or some shit like that.

In an attempt to get more funding for the police force, McNulty frames a series of overdoses by homeless individuals as a series of strangulations to make it seem like there was a serial killer out there. This guy says that he met with the guy, did an interview, etc. McNulty plays along with him, actually calls him, trolls him a bit, etc. Eventually McNulty calls him out on his bullshit in private, I think the guy wins some award or some shit too.
>>
>>84825883
the only ok part of season 5 was the ending and seeing the cycle of destruction continue with the new generation.
>>
>>84826062
He makes multiple stories. Literally fake news.
>>
>>84825883
He wasn't talented enough. He'd be found out as a fraud and eventually phased out
>>
>>84826077
yeah, I liked how Mike replaced Omar, Dookie replaced Bubbles, and the cycle repeated itself. Other than that the season was garbage.

I did get feels when McNulty stood on that overpass looking over the city
>>
>>84826197
>fraudulent journalists are phased out
one of the funniest posts i've read this week tbqh
>>
>>84826197
He'd be making bank with clickb8
>>
>>84826377
They are though. Look at what happened to Brian Williams.
>>
>>84826377
>Writers had only one or two sources and rushed publication
>CNN ethics team looked over the article, furious that it was rushed and weakly sources
>CNN retracts article, demands resignation of individuals who put out a rushed job trying to get it.

Dunno desu, sounds like they did pretty good.
>>
>>84825883
DUDE FAKE NEWS LMAO
>>
>>84826086
Like what comes out of every news site OP obsessively reads for his opinions.
>>
>>84825915
Season 5 is thematically important to the series, and the plot doesn't get as fantastical as 3's.

Absolutely finish it off.
>>
>>84825883
Do you ever get tired of being a mindless directed attack dog?
Have a opinion or a goal or a purpose of your own, please.
>>
Season5 is unfairly maligned.

It seems shittier in hindsight because it was such a change from the previous four seasons, especially the previous two. But it's 100% The Wire, in full stride. Webs of corruption are being exposed, it's grander than ever before.

I loved it.
>>
>>84826929
>mindless directed attack dog?
Did Trump tell me to hate CNN when they were spreading fake news about George Zimmerman trial?

Kys, cuck
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.